ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,636

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1101 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:26 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Got oversized postcard today with a photo of the squad saying if I vote for Biden I'll be promoting Anti-Semitism

FOH

Meanwhile, some very fine people on the other side have something to say:

Spoiler:
"The Jews will not replace us!"

Clyde, who do you think sent those out?
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,254

Post#1102 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:58 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Got oversized postcard today with a photo of the squad saying if I vote for Biden I'll be promoting Anti-Semitism

FOH

Spoiler:

It actually was sent from the FL GOP HQ in Tallahassee

420 E. Jefferson Street Tallahassee, FL 32301

and get this, it cites two articles with super fine print in footnotes. One quote is from WaPo, the other is from The Daily Caller, a white supremacist organization

These are official FL GOP materials

We have to vote them out now while we can
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1103 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:23 pm

Read on Twitter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1104 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:35 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

FOH

Spoiler:

and get this, it cites two articles with super fine print in footnotes. One quote is from WaPo, the other is from The Daily Caller, a white supremacist organization

You got some heavy lifting down there in Florida.

I'm afraid, after consulting with "R", we'll need to keep you assigned down there until we see some "progress." (No pun intended. lol)
Free Palestine
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,051

Post#1105 » by stuporman » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:56 pm

The GOP and supporting PACs are going hard after the AZ Senate seat up for grabs they know how important it is.

There's a picture of Kelly taken at some corporate promotional function of him with a couple hired models dressed in sexy sequin pilot outfits. It's one of things that virtually everyone at the event will stop to take a photo with pretty innocuous thing to see a decade ago may be even still.

They have made about a dozen ads of various sorts with this picture in it with lots of old women and even what appears to be paid actors gasping clutching pearls saying how sexist omg he's so sexist how could he this is the sexist he is! Just from one picture.

I can't watch a couple of football games or a movie on any channels without these ads running non stop back to back it's costing a fortune for it. They are desperate to keep that senate seat.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1106 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 am

stuporman wrote:The GOP and supporting PACs are going hard after the AZ Senate seat up for grabs they know how important it is.

There's a picture of Kelly taken at some corporate promotional function of him with a couple hired models dressed in sexy sequin pilot outfits. It's one of things that virtually everyone at the event will stop to take a photo with pretty innocuous thing to see a decade ago may be even still.

They have made about a dozen ads of various sorts with this picture in it with lots of old women and even what appears to be paid actors gasping clutching pearls saying how sexist omg he's so sexist how could he this is the sexist he is! Just from one picture.

I can't watch a couple of football games or a movie on any channels without these ads running non stop back to back it's costing a fortune for it. They are desperate to keep that senate seat.

It's backfiring on them. From ABC-TV's Arizona affiliate.

https://www.abc15.com/news/election-2020/mark-kelly-leads-sen-mcsally-in-latest-poll-says-folks-are-tired-of-attack-campaigns

PHOENIX — A new poll released Thursday shows Mark Kelly continuing to lead Senator Martha McSally in the Arizona senate race. Kelly went one-on-one with ABC15 on Thursday where he said he thinks folks are tired of the attack-your-opponent campaign style.

In a sit-down interview, Kelly said he never wanted to run a negative campaign.

“I’d rather lose than to do that,” he said. “I have tremendous respect for Arizonans, and especially folks who have to watch a lot of TV, and they shouldn’t have to see that from both sides and I think folks are tired of it,” he added.

The interview with ABC15 was shortly after the McSally campaign criticized a member of Kelly’s campaign staff for an alleged social media post this past summer, labeling police officers as "worthless ****ing pigs" while sharing a video of Chicago police during a protest.

Kelly, the son of two police officers, tells us he learned of the post Thursday morning and described the man as a "young staffer" who has been disciplined.

ABC15 also asked Kelly about a recent attack ad that alleges Kelly is insensitive to women.

“It’s not true,” said Kelly. “But the thing I think is really important to understand also is, I’m tough. I know what I’m getting myself into. I mean, nobody knows how tough this business is more so than my wife Gabby and me, and I knew to expect that from Senator McSally.”

Kelly said he wants to focus on issues like healthcare, costs of prescriptions, education, climate issues, border security, immigration, and so many other issues.

He calls healthcare unaffordable for so many Arizonans — Kelly wants a competitive marketplace, and we asked him who will pay.

“That’s the thing right, that’s always the big question, but allowing a public option where folks pay for insurance that could bring down the price in places where there is little to no competition on an exchange,” he said.

We also asked Kelly about leading the polls, and if he’s paying attention to them.

“I will be paying attention to the polls on Election Day, and you know we're working hard. I’ve looked at this year and a half as kind of like flying the space shuttle. There’s the beginning part, there’s the middle, there’s the end -- when you get to the end you don’t want to make a lot of mistakes. It's OK to make small mistakes, pay attention to the detail, work hard, make sure you’re getting your, in the case of the election, you’re getting your message out, encouraging people to vote.”
Free Palestine
stuporman
RealGM

Post#1107 » by stuporman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:29 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:It's backfiring on them.

I don't trust AZ polls anymore than I do any other but especially in AZ because there is a long history of election meddling because the state house is GOP controlled. Just because the polling says something doesn't give me any confidence in the election itself.

McSally isn't well liked in AZ though for whatever reason, she lost two years ago to Sinema and then when McCain died she was the replacement. AZ has an independent streak to it and she just comes off as a GOP and Trump lacky which rubs people the wrong way here. Not sure how this being a strong Trumper state will influence things but we'll see, the D Sinema beat the R McSally in the Trump election even though he won the state pretty big to show how it can be divergent.

I just got my mail in ballot yesterday so will be reading over the materials and filling in out shortly. I will hand deliver it to the polling station drop box at an early site not relying on the mail. Will track it online to make sure it's accepted, it won't show counted until after but I will see if the sig is cleared before.
Image?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1108 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:00 am

stuporman wrote:

I don't trust AZ polls anymore than I do any other but especially in AZ because there is a long history of election meddling because the state house is GOP controlled. Just because the polling says something doesn't give me any confidence in the election itself.

McSally isn't well liked in AZ though for whatever reason, she lost two years ago to Sinema and then when McCain died she was the replacement. AZ has an independent streak to it and she just comes off as a GOP and Trump lacky which rubs people the wrong way here. Not sure how this being a strong Trumper state will influence things but we'll see, the D Sinema beat the R McSally in the Trump election even though he won the state pretty big to show how it can be divergent.

I just got my mail in ballot yesterday so will be reading over the materials and filling in out shortly. I will hand deliver it to the polling station drop box at an early site not relying on the mail. Will track it online to make sure it's accepted, it won't show counted until after but I will see if the sig is cleared before.

Yeah, I saw that Gov. Ducey visited Trump at the end of August. It appears, however, that the Arizona Sec. of State, Katie Hobbs, is on her toes.

https://www.abc15.com/news/election-2020/mark-kelly-leads-sen-mcsally-in-latest-poll-says-folks-are-tired-of-attack-campaigns
Free Palestine
stuporman
RealGM

Post#1109 » by stuporman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:51 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Yeah, I saw that Gov. Ducey visited Trump at the end of August. It appears, however, that the Arizona Sec. of State, Katie Hobbs, is on her toes.

Hobbs coming out of the state house to be the SoS is huge no doubt.
Image?
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,392

Post#1110 » by robillionaire » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:59 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

FOH

Spoiler:

back when I lived in Kentucky, mitch McConnell would send these deceptive mailers out that look like an official government notice that say "FRAUD ALERT: Sensitive Materials Enclosed. Please Open Immediately." And when you open it it goes into something about how his opponent is a fraud. He did it to his primary opponent at the time (matt bevin) and then to his general election opponent (grimes)

first few seconds of this video

Spoiler:

also here's what it looked like

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1111 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:40 am

The reasons why we don't want any part of The Lincoln Grifter Project as stated in much more eloquent terms than I have previously stated.

It's highly questionable whether its campaign ads have moved the poll numbers at all.

Free Palestine
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,065

Post#1112 » by Jeffrey » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:09 am

Just sitting here watching you guys talk about this sh.it. Like I said in earlier posts, I'm gassed out. I'm just counting the clock and reading reports about turnouts.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#1113 » by Besart19 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:09 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
i don't think this matters for anything other than bruising trump's ego and for me that's enough :lol:

i mean i expect they will say it's fake anyway but still hilarious

my prediction, he says that china was watching biden

Oh it definitely doesn’t matter but I know it will piss off Trump and his supporters. The crazy thing is that he turned down a debate that would have gotten 60 million viewers for a townhall that got 10. Really idiotic except he would have been a disaster either way.

“It’s gold, Jerry. Gold!”

Just for the ability to throw it back at a Trump supporters face. What can they say back? :lol:

Conservatives are busy working 12 hours a day! Let the lazy ones watch TV
Strength and Honour!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,995

Post#1114 » by Capn'O » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:12 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:The reasons why we don't want any part of The Lincoln Grifter Project as stated in much more eloquent terms than I have previously stated.

It's highly questionable whether its campaign ads have moved the poll numbers at all.

Oh COME ON! That Regeneron fake Trump infomercial was very funny! Like, VERY funny. I'm not gonna give those clowns any money or anything but... funny is funny!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1115 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:32 am

Capn'O wrote:Oh COME ON! That Regeneron fake Trump infomercial was very funny! Like, VERY funny. I'm not gonna give those clowns any money or anything but... funny is funny!

OMFG! This is hysterical! :lol: :lol:

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,995

Post#1116 » by Capn'O » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:38 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Oh COME ON! That Regeneron fake Trump infomercial was very funny! Like, VERY funny. I'm not gonna give those clowns any money or anything but... funny is funny!

Told you!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1117 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:22 am

Capn'O wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:The reasons why we don't want any part of The Lincoln Grifter Project as stated in much more eloquent terms than I have previously stated.

Oh COME ON! That Regeneron fake Trump infomercial was very funny! Like, VERY funny. I'm not gonna give those clowns any money or anything but... funny is funny!

Oh, without a doubt. I never said they didn't make good ads. They certainly do. But it's just preaching to the choir at this point while they make a killing. Republicans don't mess around like Democrats.
Free Palestine
stuporman
RealGM

Post#1118 » by stuporman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:06 am

It's a sad commentary when a bunch of Republican grifters who espouse the worst ideas and behavior America offers has more influence over the establishment Democrat party than the progressives who are in the party and just want to improve the material conditions of everyone in the country.
Image?
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,373
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1119 » by BKlutch » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:37 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

This commercial is hysterical but this raises two issues:

1. As absurd as this may seem, I believe this could actually be the post-White House future of Trump. He will become a TV grifter hawking dubious merchandise and dark racially motivated political movements for $$ — because he will need a lot of $$ to pay back the foreign banks that own his empire. Just think, seeing Trump for hours a day on infomercials, "Order the bones of dead Democrats now. We will send you two femurs for the price of one - and If you order in the next hour, we'll throw in a metatarsal for free, at no extra cost!"*

2. Despite the fact that Regeneron is clearly taking advantage of Trump's free corporate handout money, there's a really good chance that their monoclonal antibodies are highly effective against the coronavirus.

* Origin of bones verified by the professors of Trump University.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1120 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:07 pm

stuporman wrote:It's a sad commentary when a bunch of Republican grifters who espouse the worst ideas and behavior America offers has more influence over the establishment Democrat party than the progressives who are in the party and just want to improve the material conditions of everyone in the country.

in your head only, but the Lincoln Project participants have their own reasons for opposing Trump. That does not conflate into them sitting at a table with Biden's people dictating policy to the DNC

Return to New York Knicks