ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1121 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:08 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Oh COME ON! That Regeneron fake Trump infomercial was very funny! Like, VERY funny. I'm not gonna give those clowns any money or anything but... funny is funny!

OMFG! This is hysterical! :lol: :lol:

This commercial is hysterical but this raises two issues:

1. As absurd as this may seem, I believe this could actually be the post-White House future of Trump. He will become a TV grifter hawking dubious merchandise and dark racially motivated political movements for $$ — because he will need a lot of $$ to pay back the foreign banks that own his empire. Just think, seeing Trump for hours a day on infomercials, "Order the bones of dead Democrats now. We will send you two femurs for the price of one - and If you order in the next hour, we'll throw in a metatarsal for free, at no extra cost!"*

2. Despite the fact that Regeneron is clearly taking advantage of Trump's free corporate handout money, there's a really good chance that their monoclonal antibodies are highly effective against the coronavirus.

* Origin of bones verified by the professors of Trump University.

Trump could only hope for that future, but in reality he's going to prison or wearing a ball gag in Minsk
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#1122 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:14 pm

POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1123 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:14 pm

If you still support this man at this late stage I think it is fair to say you're devoid of moral integrity. He was gloating over Lock Her Up chants against Whitmer a week after an assassination attempt was thwarted. And you Republicans whine all the time about Antifa when this monster encourages domestic terrorism in his name from the presidential bully pulpit. If you vote for this man already knowing these things there is something wrong with you. It is not too late to change your mind and come to terms with the truth that Trump is a menace to society.

Read on Twitter
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,613

Post#1124 » by stuporman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:It's a sad commentary when a bunch of Republican grifters who espouse the worst ideas and behavior America offers has more influence over the establishment Democrat party than the progressives who are in the party and just want to improve the material conditions of everyone in the country.

in your head only, but the Lincoln Project participants have their own reasons for opposing Trump. That does not conflate into them sitting at a table with Biden's people dictating policy to the DNC

It's in the proof, the policy, the pudding. The past 3 decades the policy coming from Democrats and the compromises they make are more Republican than they are progressive. Even the ACA is really just based on Romneycare that originally came from a conservative think tank.No, it's pretty clear to anyone watching who has more influence over the Dems and TLP are just the current conservative group to be weaseling their way in.

The divergence to that pattern I'm seeing is progressives have changed the conversation in the public enough about policy combining it with winning seats and getting primary votes so that it has influenced the policy the dems are talking about....let's see if they follow it up with actually policy made. That's the goal, not just the rhetoric.

It may not be medicare for all but at least a public option with safeguards against InsCo abuse, maybe not education for all but a means tested version, maybe not the green new deal but a clean energy initiative. All of these more neutered versions coming out of the dems are only here because of progressives winning seats and votes and talking about them. Let's see if it can get passed, then I won't be saying this anymore becuase it isn't reality anymore, until then it still is.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,880

Post#1125 » by GONYK » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1126 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:37 pm

stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:It's a sad commentary when a bunch of Republican grifters who espouse the worst ideas and behavior America offers has more influence over the establishment Democrat party than the progressives who are in the party and just want to improve the material conditions of everyone in the country.

in your head only, but the Lincoln Project participants have their own reasons for opposing Trump. That does not conflate into them sitting at a table with Biden's people dictating policy to the DNC

It's in the proof, the policy, the pudding. The past 3 decades the policy coming from Democrats and the compromises they make are more Republican than they are progressive. Even the ACA is really just based on Romneycare that originally came from a conservative think tank.No, it's pretty clear to anyone watching who has more influence over the Dems and TLP are just the current conservative group to be weaseling their way in.

The divergence to that pattern I'm seeing is progressives have changed the conversation in the public enough about policy combining it with winning seats and getting primary votes so that it has influenced the policy the dems are talking about....let's see if they follow it up with actually policy made. That's the goal, not just the rhetoric.

It may not be medicare for all but at least a public option with safeguards against InsCo abuse, maybe not education for all but a means tested version, maybe not the green new deal but a clean energy initiative. All of these more neutered versions coming out of the dems are only here because of progressives winning seats and votes and talking about them. Let's see if it can get passed, then I won't be saying this anymore becuase it isn't reality anymore, until then it still is.

Broad strokes don't make your original comment correct though. It was an off the cuff comment that was erroneous

Rick Wilson is a grifter, a smart one, but definitely a grifter. George Conway is part of the Lincoln Project too. He supports the Barrett nomination. These grifters don't care if Roe vs. Wade gets overturned. They are not dictating terms to the Democrats. Mitch is not setting Biden's policy. Romney is not going to be whispering in Biden's ear to get what he wants.

The GOP has set itself completely on fire and obliterated any bridge to DNC policy making going forward. Sen. Whitehouse's comments make that exceedingly clear they will not be sitting at the table when it comes to policy. They steamrolled everything in their path so when the Dems take control they are not going to be dictated to by the effing GOP.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,904

Post#1127 » by Jeffrey » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:38 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:If you still support this man at this late stage I think it is fair to say you're devoid of moral integrity. He was gloating over Lock Her Up chants against Whitmer a week after an assassination attempt was thwarted. And you Republicans whine all the time about Antifa when this monster encourages domestic terrorism in his name from the presidential bully pulpit. If you vote for this man already knowing these things there is something wrong with you. It is not too late to change your mind and come to terms with the truth that Trump is a menace to society.

Read on Twitter

How about the 2-3% of undecided voters that will likely vote. At this point, I'm going to chalk you up as a Republican that doesn't want to vote Trump but your ego will do it.

He is what you are getting. There's no, "let's see if he acts Presidential". The man is what he is.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1128 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:39 pm

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Yes indeed. It just gives Trump more time to douse himself with gasoline and more time for people to say fukit on Nov. 3rd and to stay home
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1129 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:44 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:If you still support this man at this late stage I think it is fair to say you're devoid of moral integrity. He was gloating over Lock Her Up chants against Whitmer a week after an assassination attempt was thwarted. And you Republicans whine all the time about Antifa when this monster encourages domestic terrorism in his name from the presidential bully pulpit. If you vote for this man already knowing these things there is something wrong with you. It is not too late to change your mind and come to terms with the truth that Trump is a menace to society.

Read on Twitter

How about the 2-3% of undecided voters that will likely vote. At this point, I'm going to chalk you up as a Republican that doesn't want to vote Trump but your ego will do it.

He is what you are getting. There's no, "let's see if he acts Presidential". The man is what he is.

That 2-3% probably are people who voted for Trump in 2016, but still can't make up their minds. Since that is not likely to be the case at this point for any registered Democrat, you are likely correct that remaining pool of voters are either registered Republicans or Independents.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,632

Post#1130 » by Pointgod » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:47 pm

stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Yes because there weren’t enough Progressives in Congress to provide move to Progressive policies. I don’t know why people can’t acknowledge that Democratic Presidents absolutely got screwed with Republican congresses. At some point you need to run a country and get things done and that involves compromise. If Progressives want to move the needle, then their one goal should be to keep Democrats in power at all 3 levels of Congress and continue to build their power in Congress. Something that if that had been done over the past 3 decades they would have already had more Progressive legislation passed. :dontknow:

And facts don’t support the idea that Republican policy would influence Biden. If that was the case, then Biden would not have put together the unity coalition, something even Bernie and AOC gave credit for implementing Progressive policies into his platform.

And as for the Lincoln Project they’ve been pretty clear about their motives, they’re trying to destroy Trumpism and show how destructive it is to the Republican Party. And yes it’s purely selfish but for a good reason, imagine trying to be in a Party controlled by QAnon domestic terrorists. I see Lincoln Project as the enemy of my enemy is my friend. They’re not Democrats, Liberals or Progressives, if Biden wins I expect them to fully go back to bashing him. That’s politics but if Republicans absolutely get destroyed in these elections and it leads to a Republican Party that’s less racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, homophobic and anti immigrant and takes climate change seriously then Lincoln project served their purpose.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,632

Post#1131 » by Pointgod » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Jeffrey wrote:

Read on Twitter

Here’s an interesting thread that I happened to come upon. Really breaks polls down and I recommend it should be shared with any of the “don’t trust the polls!” people. It should also reduce some stress about the polls.

Read on Twitter
stuporman
RealGM

Post#1132 » by stuporman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:29 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Broad strokes don't make your original comment correct though. It was an off the cuff comment that was erroneous

Rick Wilson is a grifter, a smart one, but definitely a grifter. George Conway is part of the Lincoln Project too. He supports the Barrett nomination. These grifters don't care if Roe vs. Wade gets overturned. They are not dictating terms to the Democrats. Mitch is not setting Biden's policy. Romney is not going to be whispering in Biden's ear to get what he wants.

The GOP has set itself completely on fire and obliterated any bridge to DNC policy making going forward. Sen. Whitehouse's comments make that exceedingly clear they will not be sitting at the table when it comes to policy. They steamrolled everything in their path so when the Dems take control they are not going to be dictated to by the effing GOP.

I spoke of specifics, not broad strokes. I gave instances not hypotheticals. Fracking exploded under the O-B administration and Biden still says he won't completely ban it even though fracking has never turned a profit and is an environmental catastrophe. Is that more of a conservative position or a progressive one?

The number of wars and drone bombing increased under O-B, is that more of a conservative position or progressive one? The housing bubble bailouts were virtually all for banks and financial institutions. Conservative or progressive influence? The establishment Dems repeatedly take the conservative position not the progressive one.

This is consistent policy over many decades and Biden has been in the center of this process the whole time. So if you are going to ask me which am I to believe, what they say or what they do? The election year rhetoric is one thing, the policy is another. Obama promised hope and change but all he delivered was more of the same and that's why we got Trump.

Biden and his deluded notion that post Trump he thinks McConnell and the GOP will all of a sudden become more "mildly cooperative"....um, is he serious? Hasn't even won yet but already running right to compromise, will he ever learn? The GOP will return to what they always have done, obstruct and block the dems at every chance.

If Biden wins progressive will need to drag him kicking and screaming to the progressive hinting policies he's been talking about because if left to their own devices the establishment dems will let the GOP stymie them barely putting up a fight other than in front of the cameras and shrug to the people saying 'we tried'.

That is the lib way for decades and until they do something different I won't believe it is different. It's what gets done that matters to me not what they say they will do but don't then offer up a litany of excuses why not. Proof is in the eating of the pudding and all they have been serving to the populous is whipped turds.
Image?
stuporman
RealGM

Post#1133 » by stuporman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Pointgod wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Yes because there weren’t enough Progressives in Congress to provide move to Progressive policies. I don’t know why people can’t acknowledge that Democratic Presidents absolutely got screwed with Republican congresses. At some point you need to run a country and get things done and that involves compromise. If Progressives want to move the needle, then their one goal should be to keep Democrats in power at all 3 levels of Congress and continue to build their power in Congress. Something that if that had been done over the past 3 decades they would have already had more Progressive legislation passed. :dontknow:

And facts don’t support the idea that Republican policy would influence Biden. If that was the case, then Biden would not have put together the unity coalition, something even Bernie and AOC gave credit for implementing Progressive policies into his platform.

And as for the Lincoln Project they’ve been pretty clear about their motives, they’re trying to destroy Trumpism and show how destructive it is to the Republican Party. And yes it’s purely selfish but for a good reason, imagine trying to be in a Party controlled by QAnon domestic terrorists. I see Lincoln Project as the enemy of my enemy is my friend. They’re not Democrats, Liberals or Progressives, if Biden wins I expect them to fully go back to bashing him. That’s politics but if Republicans absolutely get destroyed in these elections and it leads to a Republican Party that’s less racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, homophobic and anti immigrant and takes climate change seriously then Lincoln project served their purpose.

So you are just confirming what I said, the establishment dems aren't progressive, they are closer to republicans than they are progressive and even with that the republicans refuse to compromise other than if the dems keep moving right to meet them.

The progressives through the strength of Bernie's primary showings and increasing Justice Democrat presence in congress has forced Biden to appear as if he is forming a coalition with them but committees are one thing, policy is another.

The coalition building is not really about establishment dems championing progressive policies as it is about forming a solid base to defeat Trump with progressives doing more of the reaching out than centrists have. Although progressive needs to recognize this deal with the devil is only temporary and keep the pressure on the liberals.

I will wait to see what gets done first before I give any credit, Biden's begrudgingly forced to accept it and you can see how he holds them at arms length in his rhetoric but has open arms for 'cooperation' with the GOP with his recent comments and through his history of behavior.

If Biden wins and then when some of these never Trump republicans find their way into the administration or other ways they exert some influence in the dem party you will remember I warned you it would happen.......because it's already been happening for decades.

The lobbyists and executives that get administration positions is where this migration of conservative policies find their way into the establishment dems platform. It has been this way for a long time and the progressive are serving notice they will be watching.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/16/aoc-progressives-biden-cabinet-429736
Image?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1134 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:59 pm

stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:

I spoke of specifics, not broad strokes. I gave instances not hypotheticals. Fracking exploded under the O-B administration and Biden still says he won't completely ban it even though fracking has never turned a profit and is an environmental catastrophe. Is that more of a conservative position or a progressive one?

The number of wars and drone bombing increased under O-B, is that more of a conservative position or progressive one? The housing bubble bailouts were virtually all for banks and financial institutions. Conservative or progressive influence? The establishment Dems repeatedly take the conservative position not the progressive one.

This is consistent policy over many decades and Biden has been in the center of this process the whole time. So if you are going to ask me which am I to believe, what they say or what they do? The election year rhetoric is one thing, the policy is another. Obama promised hope and change but all he delivered was more of the same and that's why we got Trump.

Biden and his deluded notion that post Trump he thinks McConnell and the GOP will all of a sudden become more "mildly cooperative"....um, is he serious? Hasn't even won yet but already running right to compromise, will he ever learn? The GOP will return to what they always have done, obstruct and block the dems at every chance.

If Biden wins progressive will need to drag him kicking and screaming to the progressive hinting policies he's been talking about because if left to their own devices the establishment dems will let the GOP stymie them barely putting up a fight other than in front of the cameras and shrug to the people saying 'we tried'.

That is the lib way for decades and until they do something different I won't believe it is different. It's what gets done that matters to me not what they say they will do but don't then offer up a litany of excuses why not. Proof is in the eating of the pudding and all they have been serving to the populous is whipped turds.

You are so literal minded. What do you expect Biden to say? He's courting the vote, not building a coalition with Republicans. Some of those GOP voters would not defect if Biden was completely forthcoming and said what is the reality which is once the Democrats take over they are NOT going to invite McConnell over for tea and cookies to get his input on what he wants. Get real man!
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1135 » by BKlutch » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
OMFG! This is hysterical! :lol: :lol:

This commercial is hysterical but this raises two issues:

1. As absurd as this may seem, I believe this could actually be the post-White House future of Trump. He will become a TV grifter hawking dubious merchandise and dark racially motivated political movements for $$ — because he will need a lot of $$ to pay back the foreign banks that own his empire. Just think, seeing Trump for hours a day on infomercials, "Order the bones of dead Democrats now. We will send you two femurs for the price of one - and If you order in the next hour, we'll throw in a metatarsal for free, at no extra cost!"*

2. Despite the fact that Regeneron is clearly taking advantage of Trump's free corporate handout money, there's a really good chance that their monoclonal antibodies are highly effective against the coronavirus.

* Origin of bones verified by the professors of Trump University.

Trump could only hope for that future, but in reality he's going to prison or wearing a ball gag in Minsk

Either of those work for me.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

stuporman
RealGM

Post#1136 » by stuporman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:21 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

You are so literal minded. What do you expect Biden to say? He's courting the vote, not building a coalition with Republicans. Some of those GOP voters would not defect if Biden was completely forthcoming and said what is the reality which is once the Democrats take over they are NOT going to invite McConnell over for tea and cookies to get his input on what he wants. Get real man!

Is it me being 'literal minded' or Biden literally pushing through conservative policies for his whole career? How many more times do I have to say it's not the rhetoric that I care about it's what is actually done? I guess as many times as I need to as long as people don't understand. :lol:
Image?
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,177

Post#1137 » by Kampuchea » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Seen so many corruption messages with Hunter Biden. It is not looking good, these are going to turn the tide I suspect.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#1138 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:44 pm

This is the best news Biden can get:

I offered to bet my Trump-loving cuz, now living in Virginia, a measly $100 on the election and he wants 5:1 odds. :lol:
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#1139 » by DOT » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:50 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Seen so many corruption messages with Hunter Biden. It is not looking good, these are going to turn the tide I suspect.

Yeah, this has thoroughly convinced me

I won't be voting for Hunter Biden in the election.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1140 » by BKlutch » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:53 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

The Dems will NOT invite Mitch over for a Boston Tea Party, but they will likely implement colonial era stocks and pillories for public humiliation.

There is SO much he needs to answer for.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

Return to New York Knicks