ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition. The Celtics have been SKIPPED. Houston is on the clock until 12AM

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Context
RealGM
And1: 11,872

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition- The Rockets select Jalen Smith. San Antonio is on the clock until 8PM 

Post#1041 » by Context » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:31 pm

NewEra wrote:Cap, it’s time to unleash the Robin gif

looks like you wont have to :o

Washington pick in!!!!

:wave: 2010
:lol:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition- The Rockets select Jalen Smith. San Antonio is on the clock until 8PM 

Post#1042 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Kinda where I see Cole going around in real life draft, I thought he would drop some more in this draft.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Context
RealGM

Post#1043 » by Context » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:33 pm

mpharris36 wrote:coleslaw!!!

I was surprised you didnt take a shot on Cole?
Spoiler:
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1044 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:36 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:Poku went too high man

To elaborate, he's very skilled and worthy of a high pick because of that BUT he needs a ton of work on his body. Like beyond KP level. It's gonna be a few years before he can play in the nba and factor in the SIM lag not worthy of that slot IMO. I had him going late first early 2nd.

I think he’s the next Dragan Bender

I'm trying to think of an NBA best case comp for him. Maybe Kukoc if he absolutely works out. But Kukoc was naturally kinda thick/stocky lol.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,193

Post#1045 » by mpharris36 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:36 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:Poku went too high man

To elaborate, he's very skilled and worthy of a high pick because of that BUT he needs a ton of work on his body. Like beyond KP level. It's gonna be a few years before he can play in the nba and factor in the SIM lag not worthy of that slot IMO. I had him going late first early 2nd.

I think he’s the next Dragan Bender

i love you but you know thats a lazy comp. If he fails its not because of his lack of skill its because his body doesn't hold up at the NBA level.

Bender was just dunkin on midgets overseas. Poku is by far the best passing big in the draft. And he moves like a guard around screens when he's a 7 footer.

Bender was simply getting dumped the ball and turning around and dunking in his scouting clips. He showed no skill.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Depalma2002
Pro Prospect
And1: 944

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition- The Wizards select Cole Anthony. Orlando is on the clock until 12AM 

Post#1046 » by Depalma2002 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:37 pm

There was one guy I didn't see falling but I have been intrigued with one guy for a long time and decided to stick with my gut. Pick is in
BAF ORLANDO MAGIC
C: AD / Vucevic / Leonard
PF: WCJ / Stewart/ Looney
SF: Grant /Williams Jr/ THT
SG: Rozier / Poole / Maledon
PG: Lillard / KPJ/Wesley
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1047 » by mpharris36 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:38 pm

Context wrote:

personally don't like him. from all accounts he is slipping in the draft because people wonder if he can be anything more than a scoring guard off the bench because he doesn't pass well or defend at a high level and not a great decisoin maker.

RJ hampton if things click has more upside.

Cole not a bad pick at this spot for sure it was just personal preference.

ROSTER

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1048 » by King of Canada » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:39 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
King of Canada wrote:Nice pick mph. RJ is getting some love out there and could end up being a major steal. If Kira hadn’t been available for the pick I probably would have sat back and taken RJ.

Yeah I see him as potentially one of the better value picks in the real life draft. He might rise up late though, seems to be the feeling I'm getting of late...

thanks guys. Some have moved him up to the mid to late lottery. Do I buy him being a really good shooter? I don't know. But he seems to have taken really well to Mike Miller and the coaching about shaping his shot and I watched a videa from NBA draft junkies (rafeal) who lives in dallas and he went to one of his workouts and says the shot mechanics have siginficantly improved. If he becomes a halfway decent shooter he has next level shiftiness and explosion so another high reward pick for me.

If some don't pane out they don't, but wasn't going to go the safe route with all my picks.

If I only had 1 or 2 picks my thought process would have been different I would have picked probably guarunteed contributors...but this draft allowed me to take so shots at high risk guys. And I can always shift gears later.

:lol: I’ve been watching draft junkees too
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,311

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition- The Wizards select Cole Anthony. Orlando is on the clock until 12AM 

Post#1049 » by NewEra » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:39 pm

I think some in the 20’s were hoping for Cole to be there. I expect to see some of those picks get traded now.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1050 » by mpharris36 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:40 pm

King of Canada wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Yeah I see him as potentially one of the better value picks in the real life draft. He might rise up late though, seems to be the feeling I'm getting of late...

thanks guys. Some have moved him up to the mid to late lottery. Do I buy him being a really good shooter? I don't know. But he seems to have taken really well to Mike Miller and the coaching about shaping his shot and I watched a videa from NBA draft junkies (rafeal) who lives in dallas and he went to one of his workouts and says the shot mechanics have siginficantly improved. If he becomes a halfway decent shooter he has next level shiftiness and explosion so another high reward pick for me.

If some don't pane out they don't, but wasn't going to go the safe route with all my picks.

If I only had 1 or 2 picks my thought process would have been different I would have picked probably guarunteed contributors...but this draft allowed me to take so shots at high risk guys. And I can always shift gears later.

:lol: I’ve been watching draft junkees too

he puts out great draft content. Love supporting guys that put in the work like that!

ROSTER

Context
RealGM

Post#1051 » by Context » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:40 pm

Depalma2002 wrote:There was one guy I didn't see falling but I have been intrigued with one guy for a long time and decided to stick with my gut. Pick is in

i know who-
Spoiler:
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,599

Post#1052 » by bishnykfan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:42 pm

With the 18th pick in the 2020 BaF draft, the Orlando Magic select:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Precious Achiuwa- (Memphis)

The Spurs are now on the clock.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1053 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:42 pm

One guy I'm very surprised is still around considering his shooting "beastlyness"
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Depalma2002
Pro Prospect

Post#1054 » by Depalma2002 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:42 pm

Context wrote:
Depalma2002 wrote:There was one guy I didn't see falling but I have been intrigued with one guy for a long time and decided to stick with my gut. Pick is in

i know who-

You think? Really there were guys that fit my need for wings and shooting much better than the guy I selected, but something about this guy just intrigues me.
BAF ORLANDO MAGIC
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1055 » by King of Canada » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:43 pm

Context wrote:

i know who-

BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1056 » by King of Canada » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:44 pm

Ha I was right. Congrats on a nice pick in that spot for sure.
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

Depalma2002
Pro Prospect

Post#1057 » by Depalma2002 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:44 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Context wrote:

i know who-

Damn it! You beat me. I only selected him so I could post this:

BAF ORLANDO MAGIC
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1058 » by mpharris36 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:44 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:One guy I'm very surprised is still around considering his shooting "beastlyness"

ROSTER

Context
RealGM

Post#1059 » by Context » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:44 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:

personally don't like him. from all accounts he is slipping in the draft because people wonder if he can be anything more than a scoring guard off the bench because he doesn't pass well or defend at a high level and not a great decisoin maker.

I think with Cole it will be about how he takes care of his body, his work ethic and where he lands...He's not scared...
Don't know much about his background(i know who his dad is ofcourse - would have looked into it if i would have kept all of my mid-to late picks...

i know my boy hezi is high on him- that why I watched film on him...ultimately, ill put some money on him
having a higher ceiling than most expect...
Spoiler:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1060 » by mpharris36 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Context wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:I was surprised you didnt take a shot on Cole?

I think with Cole it will be about how he takes care of his body, his work ethic and where he lands...He's not scared...
Do know much about his background(i know who his dad is ofcourse - would have looked into it if i would have kept all of my mid-late picks...

i know my boy hezi is high on him- that why I watched film on him...ultimately, ill put some money on him
having a higher ceiling than most expect...

that is the thing im worried about. He has no fear but man his decisoin making is suspect. And like you said will his body hold up?

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks