Rose Angeles Lakers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who would win?

Lakers by a lot
15%
Lakers by a little
15%
Tie
19%
Pistons by a little
15%
Pistons by a lot
35%

Total votes: 26

DeathLineup
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,175

Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#1 » by DeathLineup » Fri Oct 9, 2020 4:19 pm

Derrick Rose for Kyle Kuzma and Avery Bradley

Lakers add scoring punch. As of now the offense is too dependent on LeBron and Davis. Rose had been a very good scorer for the last two seasons.

Pistons sell an expiring contract for a nice, young hometown talent and a solid veteran role player.

Read on Twitter
#thevillain
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,259

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#2 » by mademan » Fri Oct 9, 2020 4:27 pm

This might be lol worthy, but, for defensive purposes, unless the Lakers are getting a big wing back, they cant trade Kuzma. He spares Lebron by being able to guard guys like Kawhi and other big wings while doing a decent job.

The Lakers 1st is probably a better asset for the Pistons anyways. It's cost controlled vs Kuzma needing to be paid next year
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,807

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Oct 9, 2020 4:30 pm

yeah with mademan, it seems wrong, but its actually right. They need Kuz. And the Pistons should definitely prefer the first even knowing its unlikely to return a player as good as him. They don't need to start paying backup players medium sized contracts yet so get a guy who if he pans out can still be cheap when the team is next competitive.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by DeathLineup » Fri Oct 9, 2020 4:34 pm

mademan wrote:This might be lol worthy, but, for defensive purposes, unless the Lakers are getting a big wing back, they cant trade Kuzma. He spares Lebron by being able to guard guys like Kawhi and other big wings while doing a decent job.

The Lakers 1st is probably a better asset for the Pistons anyways. It's cost controlled vs Kuzma needing to be paid next year

Lakers can easily re-sign Markieff to be LeBron's backup. He is better and much tougher defensively than Kuzma.

Hanging on to Kuzma for defensive purpose is so wrong.
#thevillain
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#5 » by zimpy27 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 4:36 pm

Don't really like Rose in LA, don't know where he fits but..

Detroit get: Danny Green, Kyle Kuzma, Quinn Cook

Lakers get: Derrick Rose, Tony Snell, Svi Mykhaulik
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#6 » by NoZoLakers » Fri Oct 9, 2020 5:25 pm

nope...Bradley>Rose on both sides of the for lakers O n D....LA can pkg kuz/green/1st for someone more meaningful
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#7 » by NoZoLakers » Fri Oct 9, 2020 5:31 pm

DeathLineup wrote:
mademan wrote:This might be lol worthy, but, for defensive purposes, unless the Lakers are getting a big wing back, they cant trade Kuzma. He spares Lebron by being able to guard guys like Kawhi and other big wings while doing a decent job.

Lakers can easily re-sign Markieff to be LeBron's backup. He is better and much tougher defensively than Kuzma.

Kieff is a terrible defender I dont know what youre seeing, his usefulness to us is merely to spread the floor
mademan
RealGM

Post#8 » by mademan » Fri Oct 9, 2020 5:37 pm

DeathLineup wrote:

Kieff is much more 4/5 than he is a capable defender of bigger wings. Watch this series when Kuzma and Keiff guard Butler. Kuzma at least forces butler to shoot or to be creative around the basket whereas he'll power through Green or just out-quick Kieff.
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by DeathLineup » Fri Oct 9, 2020 6:01 pm

NoZoLakers wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:

Kieff is a terrible defender I dont know what youre seeing, his usefulness to us is merely to spread the floor

Go check both players defensive rating during this playoffs. I believe Markieff has a better number than Kuzma.
#thevillain
mademan
RealGM

Post#10 » by mademan » Fri Oct 9, 2020 6:24 pm

DeathLineup wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:Lakers can easily re-sign Markieff to be LeBron's backup. He is better and much tougher defensively than Kuzma.

Go check both players defensive rating during this playoffs. I believe Markieff has a better number than Kuzma.

So does Dwight. Im not saying who is better overall defensively, im saying that Kuzma provides something on their team that only Lebron and AD do, and thats defending big wings at least adequately well. If they trade him without getting someone back that can do it, it forces Lebron and AD to be primary big wing defenders for the entire RS as well as playoffs.
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#11 » by NoZoLakers » Fri Oct 9, 2020 6:31 pm

DeathLineup wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:Lakers can easily re-sign Markieff to be LeBron's backup. He is better and much tougher defensively than Kuzma.

try watching gms instead, Kieff is playing with starters and still gets beat by Kelly "the turtle" Olynix cutting to the basket :lol:
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#12 » by DetroitDon15 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 6:45 pm

I don’t like this deal for the Pistons. I’d rather hold out for a first rounder. I just don’t see a fit with Wood and Blake still here. Wood, Kuzma (extension of dealing for him), and Blake is a lot of money for PF.
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by DeathLineup » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:58 am

NoZoLakers wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:Kieff is a terrible defender I dont know what youre seeing, his usefulness to us is merely to spread the floor

try watching gms instead, Kieff is playing with starters and still gets beat by Kelly "the turtle" Olynix cutting to the basket :lol:

Then you are making my point. Markieff has been playing with the starters because the coach trust him more than Kuzma.

And who's on the court during the last crucial possessions tonight? I believe Vogel is a very good NBA coach so he definitely knows what's he doing.
#thevillain
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by DeathLineup » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:59 am

mademan wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:Kieff is a terrible defender I dont know what youre seeing, his usefulness to us is merely to spread the floor

So does Dwight. Im not saying who is better overall defensively, im saying that Kuzma provides something on their team that only Lebron and AD do, and thats defending big wings at least adequately well. If they trade him without getting someone back that can do it, it forces Lebron and AD to be primary big wing defenders for the entire RS as well as playoffs.

Who's did Vogel play during the last defensive possessions of tonight's game? Not Kuzma. It's Markieff.
#thevillain
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#15 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:35 am

DeathLineup wrote:
mademan wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:Go check both players defensive rating during this playoffs. I believe Markieff has a better number than Kuzma.

Who's did Vogel play during the last defensive possessions of tonight's game? Not Kuzma. It's Markieff.
i hope kieff gets a big contract somewhere else...dont want him back next yr
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,655

Post#16 » by nzahir » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:03 am

NoZoLakers wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:
mademan wrote:

Y not?
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#17 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:10 am

nzahir wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:Who's did Vogel play during the last defensive possessions of tonight's game? Not Kuzma. It's Markieff.

Y not?

terrible defender, when not hitting shots hes uselss ill take him back for vet min that's it
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,655

Post#18 » by nzahir » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:34 am

NoZoLakers wrote:
nzahir wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:i hope kieff gets a big contract somewhere else...dont want him back next yr

Y not?

terrible defender, when not hitting shots hes uselss ill take him back for vet min that's it

His defense wasn't that bad in the playoffs, actually a high positive on RAPTOR (but small sample)

He is better for stronger guys compared to Kuzma

He is a bit inconsistent, similar to Kuzma

Definitely would take for the minimum or the BAE for 1 year

But not needed on anything more than 1 year, need the cap space for 2021, unless we are thinking 2022 is the goal (Beal, Cp3, couple more guys)
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by DeathLineup » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:07 pm

Is Deveney any good?

Read on Twitter
?s=21
#thevillain
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#20 » by drosereturn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:11 pm

DeathLineup wrote:

This is just crazy. When is kuzma an untouchable they wont even trade for 6moy candidate Rose?
Lakers fans are just butthurt they could sign Rose for life vet min and he now worth at least mle? Defensive 4/5s are littered just pick them up instead of relying on kuz for defense lol.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!

Return to Trades and Transactions