Orl/Por take 1

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,545

Orl/Por take 1 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Continuing the premise that the Isaac injury -- and uncertain home crowds -- is a good enough cause to hit the refresh button, miss the playoffs, and tank for the '21 draft. Assuming that premise, I'm going to post a couple of Orlando threads.

Assuming Fournier opts in:

Orlando out/Por in: Fournier/Orlando 21 2nd (top 40 protected for 3 years)
Orlando in/Por out: #16, Ariza/Little/Hezonja

(also doable as Ariza/Hood, but Portland fans seem invested in Hood's recovery working so I thought this was better value for them)

Why?
Orlando cashes in value in a down year, for a mid 1st.

Portland is down a starter. I see Ariza as very likely to have little left whenever we hit the '21 playoffs. So, they need a slot between Lillard/CJ/____ /Collins /Nurk. Fournier is a 2/3 that could work and make a very dynamic perimeter attack, while maximizing Dame's prime.

The protections on the 2nd was included to get cute on value, feel free to argue the value and I can adjust. :wink:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,820

Re: Orl/Por take 1 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:13 pm

I think you are going to hear that we already have multiple good SG's in CJ and Trent Jr plus the believers in Simons and Hood and Portland fans will reject this.

I think Fournier could help them, but I also think he should only cost one of Little or 16 and I'd have Orlando preferring 16 just so they can pick their own guy.

Orlando should definitely be pursuing deals like this--I'm a buyer on your premise.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#3 » by HornetJail » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:17 pm

This should be the Gordon trade package. Portland wouldn't have any real use for Fournier.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#4 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:26 pm

I don't see Fournier as worth the 1st (plus Little) to Portland, although I actually think he would look good here he just isn't the solution at SF and becomes an expensive backup without a CJ trade.

He would play the same role as Hood so doesn't make sense to hold onto Hood if Portland were to trade for Fournier but that's more a minor observation.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,407

Post#5 » by JRoy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Cost wise the value is fine as long as ORL takes Little instead of the pick. POR needs cheap talent.

Fit wise I think it’s the wrong direction. EF doesn’t provide the D POR really needs at that position.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#6 » by Norm2953 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:48 pm

I tend to think if Portland does anything via trade, it will be for a trade up to get a player they really
like in the draft. Portland has had a desperate need for a SF ever since they traded Batum in 2015

Return to Trades and Transactions