ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition. The Celtics have been SKIPPED. Houston is on the clock until 12AM

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition- The Rockets select Jalen Smith. San Antonio is on the clock until 8PM 

Post#1061 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:48 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
personally don't like him. from all accounts he is slipping in the draft because people wonder if he can be anything more than a scoring guard off the bench because he doesn't pass well or defend at a high level and not a great decisoin maker.

RJ hampton if things click has more upside.

Cole not a bad pick at this spot for sure it was just personal preference.

I think with Cole it will be about how he takes care of his body, his work ethic and where he lands...He's not scared...
Do know much about his background(i know who his dad is ofcourse - would have looked into it if i would have kept all of my mid-late picks...

i know my boy hezi is high on him- that why I watched film on him...ultimately, ill put some money on him
having a higher ceiling than most expect...

that is the thing im worried about. He has no fear but man his decisoin making is suspect. And like you said will his body hold up?

You hear different things about his mental makeup and attitude. He has talent and if the intangibles are there I think that elevates him some. His body is not all that though and he's not as athletic as many would hope/think. I think he has limited upside unless his intangibles are through the roof.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition- The Wizards select Cole Anthony. Orlando is on the clock until 12AM 

Post#1062 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:50 pm

Also it definitely helps having a dad who played in NBA but Greg Anthony was a scrub in NBA lol. I hated watching dude play. He was decent on defense but that was about it.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,542

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition- The Rockets select Jalen Smith. San Antonio is on the clock until 8PM 

Post#1063 » by mpharris36 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:51 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:I think with Cole it will be about how he takes care of his body, his work ethic and where he lands...He's not scared...
Do know much about his background(i know who his dad is ofcourse - would have looked into it if i would have kept all of my mid-late picks...

i know my boy hezi is high on him- that why I watched film on him...ultimately, ill put some money on him
having a higher ceiling than most expect...

that is the thing im worried about. He has no fear but man his decisoin making is suspect. And like you said will his body hold up?

You hear different things about his mental makeup and attitude. He has talent and if the intangibles are there I think that elevates him some. His body is not all that though and he's not as athletic as many would hope/think. I think he has limited upside unless his intangibles are through the roof.

yeah he's kinda a wierd guy to peg, he's not stuck to the ground but he's really not as good as an athlete as once was portreyed. For example skip to the 1 minute mark. He sure isn't an RJ Hampton level athlete..thats for sure.

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1064 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:58 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

yeah he's kinda a wierd guy to peg, he's not stuck to the ground but he's really not as good as an athlete as once was portreyed. For example skip to the 1 minute mark. He sure isn't an RJ Hampton level athlete..thats for sure.

Did you Trade Hampton?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1065 » by mpharris36 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:00 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

Did you Trade Hampton?

no why?

ROSTER

MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1066 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:02 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Did you Trade Hampton?

no why?

Wondering cuz I didn't see him in your sig but I looked in the transactions and no trade. Was just wondering if I missed something.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1067 » by mpharris36 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:03 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Did you Trade Hampton?

no why?

Wondering cuz I didn't see him in your sig but I looked in the transactions and no trade. Was just wondering if I missed something.

nah just waiting for bish to announce #19 then I will adjust

ROSTER

bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,600

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition- The Wizards select Cole Anthony. Orlando is on the clock until 12AM 

Post#1068 » by bishnykfan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:04 pm

With the 19th pick in the 2020 BaF draft, the San Antonio Spurs select:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Aaron Nesmith- (Vanderbilt)

The 76ers are now on the clock.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1069 » by mpharris36 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:06 pm

ROSTER

Context
RealGM
And1: 12,205

Post#1070 » by Context » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:08 pm

mpharris36 wrote:Image

The trading champ is impressed mph...impressive job :D
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1071 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:09 pm

Lol there he goes
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1073 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:10 pm

Nesmith is real interesting if you buy the hype he can develop on ball...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1074 » by King of Canada » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:11 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Nesmith is real interesting if you buy the hype he can develop on ball...

Was just about to pm you about #20 to take him :lol:
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1075 » by mpharris36 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:11 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Nesmith is real interesting if you buy the hype he can develop on ball...

yeah i mean that is the upside. But a 6'6 with nearly 7 ft wingpan that can shoot. Can he be a slightly more athletic Duncan Robinson? We see how valuable he is to the heat.

ROSTER

NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,323

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition- The Spurs select Tyrese Haliburton. San Antonio is on the clock until 8 

Post#1076 » by NewEra » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:13 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
yeah bish probably is exhausted so I will make the pick tomorrow. I hlso have one more pending smaller move out there again bish will probably confirm tomorrow. Would love to know who Phish went with so I can take some time tonight. I'm between a few guys.

yeah - you're way ahead of schedule...

yeah I wasn't going to drag it along did enough researching. The only thing was finding the right OO deal. Once I was able to get the right future pick I didn't have to wait any longer but I knew I was going to trade at least 2-3 picks from 7-9 (which you knew).

I kinda figured I knew how the top of the draft was sorta going to go edwards/ball before KDot traded it in some order. SO that is why I traded Wendell Carter Jr...who some were surpised...I figured I could easily grab one or two bigs this draft with higher potential.

Still kinda pissed I missed out on WCJr. Always wanted him on my team.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1077 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:14 pm

MPH looking like he just he needs a couple of years and a Butler type...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Depalma2002
Pro Prospect
And1: 944

Post#1078 » by Depalma2002 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:14 pm

bishnykfan wrote:With the 19th pick in the 2020 BaF draft, the San Antonio Spurs select:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Aaron Nesmith- (Vanderbilt)

The 76ers are now on the clock.

Nesmith is the guy that I didn't expect to be there at #18 and almost made me change my plan. Definitely would have fit my roster better. I probably screwed up. Precious better be what I think he can be!
BAF ORLANDO MAGIC
C: AD / Vucevic / Leonard
PF: WCJ / Stewart/ Looney
SF: Grant /Williams Jr/ THT
SG: Rozier / Poole / Maledon
PG: Lillard / KPJ/Wesley
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,726

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition- The Spurs select Aaron Nesmith. Philadelphia is on the clock until 10AM 

Post#1079 » by ezmoney707 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:15 pm

About to pick in 15 mins or so , send your deals , but unless it’s something worth while I won’t drag this out
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition- The Spurs select Aaron Nesmith. Philadelphia is on the clock until 10AM 

Post#1080 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:19 pm

This dude mph gathering the wings like a Popeyes. I see you lmao...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard

Return to New York Knicks