Orl/Por take 2

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Orl/Por take 2 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Continuing the premise that the Isaac injury -- and uncertain home crowds -- is a good enough cause to hit the refresh button, miss the playoffs, and tank for the '21 draft. Assuming that premise, I'm going to post a couple of Orlando threads.

Orlando out/Por in: Aaron Gordon
Orlando in/Por out: #16/Ariza/Little/Hezonja/ Por '22 2nd/Por '26 2nd

(also doable as Ariza/Hood, but Portland fans seem invested in Hood's recovery working so I thought this was better value for them)

Why?
Orlando cashes in value in a down year, for a mid 1st, and a pair of 2nds.

Portland is down a starter. I see Ariza as very likely to have little left whenever we hit the '21 playoffs. So, they need a slot between Lillard/CJ/____ /Collins /Nurk. AG is a 4/3 that could work and support Collins at pf, while maximizing Dame's prime.

I know that #17 for AG gets talked about a lot. But this is #16(!) and 2 2nds.

And yes, this two Orlando/Portland ideas could have been one thread.
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,399

Re: Orl/Por take 2 

Post#2 » by Blazinaway » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:06 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Continuing the premise that the Isaac injury -- and uncertain home crowds -- is a good enough cause to hit the refresh button, miss the playoffs, and tank for the '21 draft. Assuming that premise, I'm going to post a couple of Orlando threads.

Orlando out/Por in: Aaron Gordon
Orlando in/Por out: #16/Ariza/Little/Hezonja/ Por '22 2nd/Por '26 2nd

(also doable as Ariza/Hood, but Portland fans seem invested in Hood's recovery working so I thought this was better value for them)

Why?
Orlando cashes in value in a down year, for a mid 1st, and a pair of 2nds.

Portland is down a starter. I see Ariza as very likely to have little left whenever we hit the '21 playoffs. So, they need a slot between Lillard/CJ/____ /Collins /Nurk. AG is a 4/3 that could work and support Collins at pf, while maximizing Dame's prime.

I know that #17 for AG gets talked about a lot. But this is #16(!) and 2 2nds.

And yes, this two Orlando/Portland ideas could have been one thread.

I'd do this, question, if Hood was included what other parts change?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,342

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:18 pm

I'd rather have Fournier because I believe him to be the better player, but Gordon fits more their positional needs as it allows Collins into his rightful role of backup center/backup PF if he earns those minutes.

I definitely have Portland overpaying here though. #16/Little/2 2nds feels like a pretty clear overpay.

Again Orlando should do this as fast as humanly possible--and no not because I am a Gordon hater but because this is great value and they should cash out rather than having to pay Isaac as a gamble and then pay Gordon or let him go? Better to trade him with 2 seasons left on his deal.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#4 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:32 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I'd rather have Fournier because I believe him to be the better player, but Gordon fits more their positional needs as it allows Collins into his rightful role of backup center/backup PF if he earns those minutes.

I definitely have Portland overpaying here though. #16/Little/2 2nds feels like a pretty clear overpay.

Again Orlando should do this as fast as humanly possible--and no not because I am a Gordon hater but because this is great value and they should cash out rather than having to pay Isaac as a gamble and then pay Gordon or let him go? Better to trade him with 2 seasons left on his deal.

Agreed pretty much all over. Maybe let us keep Little or send #45 back to Portland, but I think the Blazers would be more open to an AG trade because he fits a clearer need.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,251

Post#5 » by JRoy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:39 pm

I don’t this either but it’s better than the EF trade because AG can at least provide some of what POR needs.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,500

Post#6 » by HornetJail » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:57 pm

I think this is the trade. I would be a little bit surprised if Gordon didn't end up on Portland or Minnesota for either the 16th or 17th picks and some filler pieces
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,140

Post#7 » by cucad8 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:07 pm

Take out Little, 16, Ariza, Hezonjia, one of the 2nds.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,472

Post#8 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:10 pm

I'm fine taking out Little as long as the salaries work (Hood?)
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,140

Post#9 » by cucad8 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:13 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I'm fine taking out Little as long as the salaries work (Hood?)

Ariza and Hezonjia works with next year's salaries. Would just have to be agreed to on draft night, executed after the moratorium.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#10 » by tiderulz » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:28 pm

cucad8 wrote:Take out Little, 16, Ariza, Hezonjia, one of the 2nds.

Orlando isnt going to trade AG for #16, Ariza and Hezonja.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,826

Post#11 » by Norm2953 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:56 pm

Strictly speaking , AG with Portland is a better version of Aminu. Not exactly what they need but at least
a front court player capable of being an NBA starter.

Return to Trades and Transactions