ImageImageImageImage

2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Re: 2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk 

Post#21 » by KillMonger » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:04 am

is Evan picking up the option as easy a choice as it seems? i mean looking at the free agent landscape as it stands today? if he opts out he instantly becomes one of the top free agents in this class....am i wrong?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#22 » by drsd » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:41 am

tiderulz wrote:
deggett wrote:
Markelle Fultz + Mohamed Bamba + Al-Farouq Aminu for DeMar DeRozan

absolutely not. Derozan is 31 and cant shoot 3's. not a fit for the team or modern offense

There is null chance for that trade. Even if DeRozan had a 3-ball.

Looking at other ideas:
The reason trade ideas of Fournier for DeRozan are improbablr is the lack of a 3-ball.

Look Magic fans: Orlando needs more long-range shooting, not less. It is not about "scoring" per se. It is about opening up the middle.

deggett
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#23 » by deggett » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:03 am

tiderulz wrote:
deggett wrote:
tiderulz wrote:absolutely not. Derozan is 31 and cant shoot 3's. not a fit for the team or modern offense

Same as Fultz, atleast DeRozan can score and get to ft line.

Derozan doesnt even shoot them. not interested in trading anything of value for Derozan, nor paying him his last big payday at 31.

Fultz will be FA same time as DeRozan. Will you pay him?

At least with DeRozan you know what you paying for. With Fultz you'll pay for potential?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#24 » by tiderulz » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:56 pm

deggett wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
deggett wrote:
Same as Fultz, atleast DeRozan can score and get to ft line.

Derozan doesnt even shoot them. not interested in trading anything of value for Derozan, nor paying him his last big payday at 31.

At least with DeRozan you know what you paying for. With Fultz you'll pay for potential?

Fultz is 22 and still developing. Derozan is what he is. Yes, that level is much higher than Fultz is right now. But i dont want to pay $30+mil/yr for Derozan at 31.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#25 » by Max Power » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:29 pm

Gotta say guys, most trade ideas I’m seeing are fair and make sense. Nothing too wild and unreasonable.

The trade with GS I’d be happy with. Wiggins isn’t the second coming but didn’t he average about 23ppg last year? His contract is awful but we’d have a young wing along with the number 2 pick to pair with the strengths of our current roster. I think that trade would infuse the franchise with a future. I’d be for it.

Grabbing #11 and Derrick White from the Spurs works. He’d be prime a great shooter to add with Markelle strengths at the point.

Even though it’s getting panned a bit, I get the idea of the Dinwiddie and Derozan deals on paper. We give the Magic 3 scoring options when Vucevic is added to the equation. It makes the Magic more relevant right away.

My only issue is a couple of these deals kind of nullify Markelle Fultz and the tremendous progress he made with us. Considering I expected very little from him in year one, I think he can definitely make another significant leap in year 2 if he stays healthy.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,547

Post#26 » by NYG » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:40 pm

Max Power wrote:Gotta say guys, most trade ideas I’m seeing are fair and make sense. Nothing too wild and unreasonable.

The trade with GS I’d be happy with. Wiggins isn’t the second coming but didn’t he average about 23ppg last year? His contract is awful but we’d have a young wing along with the number 2 pick to pair with the strengths of our current roster. I think that trade would infuse the franchise with a future. I’d be for it.

Grabbing #11 and Derrick White from the Spurs works. He’d be prime a great shooter to add with Markelle strengths at the point.

Even though it’s getting panned a bit, I get the idea of the Dinwiddie and Derozan deals on paper. We give the Magic 3 scoring options when Vucevic is added to the equation. It makes the Magic more relevant right away.

My only issue is a couple of these deals kind of nullify Markelle Fultz and the tremendous progress he made with us. Considering I expected very little from him in year one, I think he can definitely make another significant leap in year 2 if he stays healthy.

What’s your take on Fournier into the Iguodala TPE?
Max Power
Head Coach

Post#27 » by Max Power » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:50 pm

I like the idea of it actually. The Magic could use that tpe to acquire some more shooting or maybe an interior defender. I think Fournier being dealt is addition by subtraction but to be able to get some financial flexibility would be great for the team.
deggett
Sophomore

Post#28 » by deggett » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:29 pm

tiderulz wrote:
deggett wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Derozan doesnt even shoot them. not interested in trading anything of value for Derozan, nor paying him his last big payday at 31.

Fultz is 22 and still developing. Derozan is what he is. Yes, that level is much higher than Fultz is right now. But i dont want to pay $30+mil/yr for Derozan at 31.

And he wont be better than DD another 3-4 years.
That is the problem with "developing" it can go different ways, to bet on best case scenario with Fultz and pay him $20+mil/yr is much worse.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#29 » by tiderulz » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:22 pm

deggett wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
deggett wrote:

That is the problem with "developing" it can go different ways, to bet on best case scenario with Fultz and pay him $20+mil/yr is much worse.

and we wont be competing for anything with DD as our best player in 3-4 years. so why spend the money to go down that path? would rather spend on the money on other players than him.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#30 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:29 pm

deggett wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
deggett wrote:

Why are you still pushing this and taking it personal?

Is Derozen your cousin or something?

You’re wrong. It’s a bad suggestion. Move on.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,663

Post#31 » by MagicMatic » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:00 pm

Golden State fans all make it seem like Wiggins is untouchable despite being on an absolutely terrible contract per his value. Also, this draft is terrible. I’d be surprised if 2 guys from this draft become all star caliber.

I didn’t think AG had amazing value and Magic fans overvalued OUR players....Some of these fans are next level ridiculous.
deggett
Sophomore

Post#32 » by deggett » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:10 pm

tiderulz wrote:
deggett wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Fultz is 22 and still developing. Derozan is what he is. Yes, that level is much higher than Fultz is right now. But i dont want to pay $30+mil/yr for Derozan at 31.

and we wont be competing for anything with DD as our best player in 3-4 years. so why spend the money to go down that path? would rather spend on the money on other players than him.

Who knows. Miami went to finals with Butler. DD is not Butler, but with Vooch and Dinwiddie, who knows.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#33 » by Skybox » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm

I'm not into Dinwoodie. He seems to be a bigger, better DJ who needs the ball in his hands. Just not sure he co-exists with Fultz and not sure he's good enough to displace Fultz. I'd be much more interested in Levert.
Max Power
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Max Power » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:41 pm

As currently constructed, Caris Lavert would be a great get for this team. If the Magic’s brass idea is to keep the good parts of this roster and bring in different guys with Vucevic. If we’re going to trade Aaron Gordon, I think a scorer at the 2 or 3 spot is what you’d move him for. That’s why I’m not entirely against Wiggins despite his contract. Maybe under different coaching he could get some consistency. The guy needs to get a fire in his belly in the worst way though. That’s one thing we lose trading AG though.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#35 » by pepe1991 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:27 am

I don't think Nets are that interested into making some trade right away.
Their starting 5 projection is : Irving, Levert, Prince, KD and Allen.

Deandre Jordan, Diwiddie, TLC, Temple Kurucs off bench.

They will make Joe Harris their priority to resign, so he'll be playing in starting 5 over Prince, so why execlly they need Gordon? KD spent most of the time last couple of years at PF anyway.
As additional defender for future Giannis, Kawhi, Lebron matchups? Did anybody told them Gordon can't hold his own against any of them really? Especially Giannis. For years Gordon plays his worst games against Bucks.

If they want somebody to play defense and not touch a ball much, guys like Roberson, MKG, Harkless could be cheap alternatives.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 835

Post#36 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:02 am

Duncan and Hollinger podcast has a pretty interesting tidbit about the Magic and their cap situation in their most recent podcast at the 1:13:00 mark.

Some tidbits of the segment:

- They say Orlando is in a average cap and team situation and it could be a wise choice to trade Gordon, get rid of Fournier or let him opt in one year and shoot for the moon in 2021 and be a cap space free agent player when Isaac is back.

- They are stuck in the middle and “getting crushed” in the first round is their ceiling or they could restart new roster and team trajectory with moves this offseason. Hard choice for a mid market team.

-Vuc is there best player but his contract is huge and he’s also most valuable to Orlando’s current success.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#37 » by zaymon » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:15 am

pepe1991 wrote:I don't think Nets are that interested into making some trade right away.

They will make Joe Harris their priority to resign, so he'll be playing in starting 5 over Prince, so why execlly they need Gordon? KD spent most of the time last couple of years at PF anyway.
As additional defender for future Giannis, Kawhi, Lebron matchups? Did anybody told them Gordon can't hold his own against any of them really? Especially Giannis. For years Gordon plays his worst games against Bucks.

If they want somebody to play defense and not touch a ball much, guys like Roberson, MKG, Harkless could be cheap alternatives.

I think Gordon gives them more flexibility and takes defensive pressure of Durant. You dont want Durant to be first option on offense and take the hardest defensive assignment. Prince cant guard big wings on the perimeter, Jordan and Allen cant Levert cant and Harris cant.
Irving/Harris/Durant/Gordon/Allen or
Irving/ Harris/Levert/Durant/Gordon

They cant do any of this with Prince. I am not a fan of AG but in that role he could be very useful.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#38 » by pepe1991 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:02 am

zaymon wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I don't think Nets are that interested into making some trade right away.

I think Gordon gives them more flexibility and takes defensive pressure of Durant. You dont want Durant to be first option on offense and take the hardest defensive assignment. Prince cant guard big wings on the perimeter, Jordan and Allen cant Levert cant and Harris cant.

They cant do any of this with Prince. I am not a fan of AG but in that role he could be very useful.

Still, Nets will explore Buddy Hield, Bradley Beal, Ben Simmons trade options before they turn to Gordon.
much like Warriors, Simmons is perfect fit to that team and makes team instant contender.

Gordon wouldn't be terrible fit, but you have to ask yourself what execlly are Nets ready to give up? Will they give up Dinwiddie? Or Prince and filler? Contending team will probably offer picks before they offer talented players. Mostly because their picks hold no true vlaue anyway.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#39 » by zaymon » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:48 am

pepe1991 wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Still, Nets will explore Buddy Hield, Bradley Beal, Ben Simmons trade options before they turn to Gordon.
much like Warriors, Simmons is perfect fit to that team and makes team instant contender.

Gordon wouldn't be terrible fit, but you have to ask yourself what execlly are Nets ready to give up? Will they give up Dinwiddie? Or Prince and filler? Contending team will probably offer picks before they offer talented players. Mostly because their picks hold no true vlaue anyway.

Magic out: Aaron Gordon
Magic in: Taurean Prince, #19, Nets 2021 top 10 protected frp.

Nets move Prince who they want to dump regardless, we try to redeem his value a little ( Clifford is very good at this). Prince is potentially better shooter than AG, and we can cover some of his defensive deficiences. I like it more than James Johnson and # 17 from Wolves. I dont think they deal Dinwiddie and he is not a great fit for us.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#40 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:54 pm

KillMonger wrote:is Evan picking up the option as easy a choice as it seems? i mean looking at the free agent landscape as it stands today? if he opts out he instantly becomes one of the top free agents in this class....am i wrong?

I think it's easy decision but there are a few teams who could give him 15M over a 4 year deal. For someone like Fournier who has had injury issues playing without a long term contract isn't a smart move. Honestly for any NBA player playing without your next contract isn't a smart move. It's one big reason why I see him opting out regardless and either signing with new team or Magic re up him.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:

Return to Orlando Magic