Hawks/Kings

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Hawks/Kings 

Post#1 » by Buzzard » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:02 pm

Hawks out:
#6, Huerter
Hawks in:
#12, Hield

Hawks get lightning in a bottle to pair up with Trae while hanging on to both of their big wings. At 12 they chase BPA. The Hawks will still have roughly 19 million in cap.

Kings out:
Hield, #12
Kings in
#6, Huerter

Kings take a swing for the fences while adding a decent cheap prospect in Huerter. This frees up Bogdanovic to be resigned without any problems moving forward.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,539

Re: Hawks/Kings 

Post#2 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:07 pm

If Hawks like it, Kings should take it.

(I wouldn't do it as the Hawks.)
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,818

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:10 pm

I have this deal as correct if #6 is taken completely out and replaced with nothing. So yeah Kings do this as fast as humanly possible and their fans throw a parade that their FO took advantage of someone else post Vlade.

Really seems awful for the Hawks.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#4 » by Resistance » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:13 pm

The other three players on the floor would need to be good on defense because the Hield & Young combo won't be.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#5 » by Buzzard » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:24 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I have this deal as correct if #6 is taken completely out and replaced with nothing. So yeah Kings do this as fast as humanly possible and their fans throw a parade that their FO took advantage of someone else post Vlade.

I think its weird how Hield can be looked at so poorly. He is on a declining contract and has been decently efficient over the span of his career. His career 3P% is something GMs dream of every time they draft a SG or SF.

I like him better than the LaVine deals because the Hawks still get a lottery pick in return. Give me Hield over A Gordon, E Gordon, or Bledsoe all day.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#6 » by Buzzard » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:27 pm

Resistance wrote:The other three players on the floor would need to be good on defense because the Hield & Young combo won't be.

That is correct but Huerter did not exactly light the defense up either. Capela, Collins, Hunter, Reddish give the Hawks options. They are still very flexible.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Post#7 » by myrak433 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:33 pm

Not in love with it, but I wouldn’t be upset with this trade.
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#8 » by Buzzard » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:40 pm

myrak433 wrote:Not in love with it, but I wouldn’t be upset with this trade.

Its not a super move but I think it puts the Hawks into the top 15 in offense. Reddish, Hunter improving and whomever else they sign with the remaining 19 million could move them into the top 10.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#9 » by kb02 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Buzzard wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:I have this deal as correct if #6 is taken completely out and replaced with nothing. So yeah Kings do this as fast as humanly possible and their fans throw a parade that their FO took advantage of someone else post Vlade.

I think its weird how Hield can be looked at so poorly. He is on a declining contract and has been decently efficient over the span of his career. His career 3P% is something GMs dream of every time they draft a SG or SF.

I like him better than the LaVine deals because the Hawks still get a lottery pick in return. Give me Hield over A Gordon, E Gordon, or Bledsoe all day.

Chuck thinks Buddy is on par with Seth Curry. Enough said.
Texas Chuck

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:14 pm

kb02 wrote:
Buzzard wrote:

You are welcome to post things I've said before but I'd appreciate if you included the context in which that was posted. Removing the context trying to paint me as a homer is pretty pathetic honestly.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#11 » by kb02 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:15 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
kb02 wrote:
Buzzard wrote:I think its weird how Hield can be looked at so poorly. He is on a declining contract and has been decently efficient over the span of his career. His career 3P% is something GMs dream of every time they draft a SG or SF.

You are welcome to post things I've said before but I'd appreciate if you included the context in which that was posted. Removing the context trying to paint me as a homer is pretty pathetic honestly.

I'm not going to search, but how many times have you said Seth Curry is paid 1/3 of Buddy?
Texas Chuck

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:21 pm

He is paid 1/3 (roughly) of Hield. So it shouldn't matter how many times I've posted it or not( < 5 for sure), it's accurate.

But for those playing along he's referring to another thread where I said basically that investing in Hield and his contract to go to a team where his only role would be hitting open shots, not running PNR on a 2nd unit of a bad team, and thus a team would be better suited to just get Curry or I think I named Doug McDermott to do the same job much cheaper.

I never said they were the same player. Buddy is capable of doing more things than Curry, but if all you are really asking is to make open 3's and defend Curry at far cheaper is a better choice.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,294

Post#13 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:45 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:He is paid 1/3 (roughly) of Hield. So it shouldn't matter how many times I've posted it or not( < 5 for sure), it's accurate.

But for those playing along he's referring to another thread where I said basically that investing in Hield and his contract to go to a team where his only role would be hitting open shots, not running PNR on a 2nd unit of a bad team, and thus a team would be better suited to just get Curry or I think I named Doug McDermott to do the same job much cheaper.

I never said they were the same player. Buddy is capable of doing more things than Curry, but if all you are really asking is to make open 3's and defend Curry at far cheaper is a better choice.

*try to* defend :lol:
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#14 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:38 pm

I like it. Saves Sac some money, and we move up. Buddy and Trae would be the new splash bros. Up tempo team with a lead playmaker who can shoot is exactly what Buddy needs.

Huerter probably doesnt solve much for Sac, but at least he can shoot. Get a free look at him.
Texas Chuck

Post#15 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:51 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:He is paid 1/3 (roughly) of Hield. So it shouldn't matter how many times I've posted it or not( < 5 for sure), it's accurate.

*try to* defend :lol:

Same thing in this case. Neither Curry nor Buddy are good defenders. So my point in context remains. On a good team with each player in the role you'd want them to play, take the cheaper guy who doesn't create chaos and returns his coaches calls maybe, IDK.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#16 » by Buzzard » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:29 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I like it. Saves Sac some money, and we move up. Buddy and Trae would be the new splash bros. Up tempo team with a lead playmaker who can shoot is exactly what Buddy needs.

Huerter probably doesnt solve much for Sac, but at least he can shoot. Get a free look at him.

Capela, Collins, Hield, and Trae could at least make some 6th thru 8th seed noise. Either Reddish or Hunter make a splash in the coming years and things could get interesting.

This trade would for sure let Trae know the Hawks are putting forth the effort and the dollars.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#17 » by nolang1 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:33 pm

From Sacramento's perspective, I'd do this trade even if the draft compensation were in the form of a future pick swap rather than moving up from 12 to 6 in this draft.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#18 » by BoogieTime » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:50 pm

Buzzard wrote:

It’s mostly coming from two moderators which have the same weird onus for another one of our players (Bagley)

Kings fans should note who those two are, as they continue to influence all threads regarding these players with their out of ordinary views. Kings fans should return the energy

I think Kings fans themselves would be split on the trade. It’s IMO a bit of a flat draft and Buddy can continue to mold out a career as a solid starting SG. But it’s a respectable offer

I will say this though, no one knows how the cap will move. It’s possible Buddy’s contract could be onerous with changes
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#19 » by drosereturn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:53 pm

Awfully good for Kings they should add Bagley if he is even positive asset.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#20 » by drosereturn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:59 pm

Buzzard wrote:

Hield is underrated but barely over positive mostly because of his team situation and bench role while Lavine is star level bc of friendly contract and potential. Thats good bc lotto teams like Bulls, Hawks could just get nab Buddy for cap space and cash in Lavine/Huerter.
So while I like Hield over Lavine as well Lavine has several times trade value among 30 teams its not even close. If Hawks had a 20mil dollar expiring, Hield would be worth Huerter if im generous not 6 picks moving up worth. Kings would have to take Dedmon at least.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!

Return to Trades and Transactions