Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 702

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#1801 » by Rstuedes24 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:25 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Rstuedes24 wrote:Say we get lucky and get Harris on the MLE. Are we left with filling out the roster on vet minimums?

Who might be some good targets that take the min if that’s the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we'd also have the Bledsoe deal, our 1st round pick, and the BAE.

The big question to me is, will ownership be willing to throw cash in to a deal, for a pick?

Ideal offseason to me would be to trade for CP3, hopefully sign Harris. Would be great to buy a second or 2 if possible to shoot out shot on some young talent.

Any chance we could add a guy like Nerlens, Giles, or Baynes?

CP3/Hill
Donte/Wes
Khris/Harris
Giannis/Nerlens
Brook/Nerlens

Sounds pretty solid if you ask me
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#1802 » by DanoMac » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:32 pm

Is there anyway we can realistically add CP3, Bogdan, and Gallo?
Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 702

Post#1803 » by Rstuedes24 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:38 pm

DanoMac wrote:Is there anyway we can realistically add CP3, Bogdan, and Gallo?

I think so. If I’m correct it would require obviously the trade for CP3, a sign and trade for Bogdan, and getting Gallo for the MLE

LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1804 » by LuessiT » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:51 pm

Rstuedes24 wrote:
DanoMac wrote:Is there anyway we can realistically add CP3, Bogdan, and Gallo?

I think so. If I’m correct it would require obviously the trade for CP3, a sign and trade for Bogdan, and getting Gallo for the MLE

No it's pretty impossible.

Every deal works on his own but both the MLE & the S&T would hardcap is and we'd be adding too much salary.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#1805 » by Bernman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:23 am

In his first season as co-owner, Edens' Aston Villa were promoted from English soccer's 2nd division, which is no easy task by itself. They stayed down the previous two campaigns, and only 3 of 24 teams go up.

2 seasons later they are effectively atop the Premier League, where the top 6 are practically fixed due to gulfs in payroll. Perfect 12 pts thru their first 4 matches. Edens is a good sports owner. Sucks he's not still governor & the powers switched to Lasry.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,923

Post#1806 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:05 am

Bernman wrote:In his first season as co-owner, Edens' Aston Villa were promoted from English soccer's 2nd division, which is no easy task by itself. They stayed down the previous two :lol: , and only 3 of 24 teams go up.

2 seasons later they are effectively atop the Premier League, where the top 6 are practically fixed due to gulfs in payroll. Perfect 12 pts thru their first 4 matches. Edens is a good sports owner. Sucks he's not still governor & the powers switched to Lasry.

Aston Villa billboard? :wink:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,619

Post#1807 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:35 pm

People think Harris is really gonna get more than an MLE type deal? Dude's an elite 3PT shooter but that's basically the only thing he can do. Guys like him and Duncan Robinson are all the rage right now but traditionally teams don't pay big bucks for these one-dimensional shooter types. He's a perfect target for the MLE or even the BAE if the market dries up.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,645

Post#1808 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:34 pm

Windy’s latest pod touches on potential CP3 trades and of course the Bucks were mentioned but Windy bit his tongue and didn’t want to comment on the possibility of the Bucks trading for CP3. He started to make a comment twice and then decided not to. Both times it seemed like he was going to say something about the trade not being likely due to some info he has.
#FreeChuckDiesel
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,666

Post#1809 » by machu46 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:59 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:People think Harris is really gonna get more than an MLE type deal? Dude's an elite 3PT shooter but that's basically the only thing he can do. Guys like him and Duncan Robinson are all the rage right now but traditionally teams don't pay big bucks for these one-dimensional shooter types. He's a perfect target for the MLE or even the BAE if the market dries up.

In a normal offseason I think he would probably be in line for $12ish mil per year. With potentially decreasing revenues and so few teams with cap space, maybe we get lucky, but we'll see. The Knicks for example should be so desperate to add shooting to their roster this offseason and they have the cap space to offer more than the MLE.

Also there's the obvious question of how much Brooklyn wants to keep him. They can go over the cap to sign him if they want and at least publicly, the belief is that he's their #1 priority this offseason but you never really know.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1810 » by machu46 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:05 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Windy’s latest pod touches on potential CP3 trades and of course the Bucks were mentioned but Windy bit his tongue and didn’t want to comment on the possibility of the Bucks trading for CP3. He started to make a comment twice and then decided not to. Both times it seemed like he was going to say something about the trade not being likely due to some info he has.

Do you have a rough timestamp on this?
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#1811 » by SirChurros » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:08 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Windy’s latest pod touches on potential CP3 trades and of course the Bucks were mentioned but Windy bit his tongue and didn’t want to comment on the possibility of the Bucks trading for CP3. He started to make a comment twice and then decided not to. Both times it seemed like he was going to say something about the trade not being likely due to some info he has.

Do you have a timestamp by chance? I gave up on Windhorst's podcast because it was brutal both from a technical quality standpoint and also because I typically cannot stand Windhorst.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,645

Post#1812 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:19 pm

machu46 wrote:

Initial CP3/Bucks talk starts at 5:30. At 24:00 they return to CP3/Bucks talk and Windy makes a comment about "I'm not sure it's realistic, because I'm not sure theres a great affinity...well I'm not gonna say." Then around 26:00 Windy says, "It is an interesting trade...I'm just not going to say anything."

Then around 58:00 Pelton throws out the idea of the Bucks making a LAC/OKC Paul George type of deal for Beal, in which the Bucks trade all their picks (unrestricted) for a few years and offer pick swaps. Obviously super risky if Giannis doesn't re-sign.
#FreeChuckDiesel
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#1813 » by drew881 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:37 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
machu46 wrote:

Initial CP3/Bucks talk starts at 5:30. At 24:00 they return to CP3/Bucks talk and Windy makes a comment about "I'm not sure it's realistic, because I'm not sure theres a great affinity...well I'm not gonna say." Then around 26:00 Windy says, "It is an interesting trade...I'm just not going to say anything."

Then around 58:00 Pelton throws out the idea of the Bucks making a LAC/OKC Paul George type of deal for Beal, in which the Bucks trade all their picks (unrestricted) for a few years and offer pick swaps. Obviously super risky if Giannis doesn't re-sign.

Sounds like either 1) CP3/Giannis won’t get along or 2) CP3 doesn’t want to live in Milwaukee.

I’m all in on the Beal idea.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#1814 » by mke_design » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:47 pm

drew881 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
machu46 wrote:

Sounds like either 1) CP3/Giannis won’t get along or 2) CP3 doesn’t want to live in Milwaukee.

Sounds like Bucks/Giannis arent interested more than anything but Windy doesnt want to say it.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1815 » by machu46 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:53 pm

I might be willing to trade all of our picks for Beal if Giannis signs the supermax. I don't think Beal is worth trading all of our foreseeable picks if we might end up losing Giannis anyways.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Post#1816 » by DingleJerry » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:02 pm

machu46 wrote:I might be willing to trade all of our picks for Beal if Giannis signs the supermax. I don't think Beal is worth trading all of our foreseeable picks if we might end up losing Giannis anyways.

generally agree. But the "might" part at the end is big. Basically with the idea that making such a move increases the chances of resigning greatly. Basically, is making that move worth the risk because it greatly increases your chances to sign Giannis? Yes, if you had a firm agreement from Giannis that if the trade is made he signs the next day, then it's a no brainer. But without that there is the 'might lose him' chance linger, that chance goes way down with said move even if you can't get it to 0.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1817 » by raferfenix » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:11 pm

Not sure the Wizards are really ready to pull the plug on Beal, at least without a godfather kind of offer.

NBA teams are poised for the Bradley Beal sweepstakes, except there is none. Beal signed an extension with Washington and, along with Wizards ownership/management, he wants to see if he can make it work with John Wall and turn the Wizards into a threat in an increasingly deep East. Beal would love to spend his entire career with one team.

Beal reiterated all of that when he joined the “On the Road with Buck & Phil” podcast to talk all things Wizards (hat tip Hoopshype).

“[Playing his entire career in Washington] would mean the world, man. I’m a loyal guy. I want to be here. I’m here. I’ve signed my extension. And that will mean the world to me. That honestly would you know, being able to finish your career in one place? You know, you don’t see that in today’s game…

“My ultimate goal is to win. I want to win and we got to win. And I know we can win. I know it’s a place where we can win and I know it’s a place where we can get guys to come here to win. But we got to go prove it on the floor for sure.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/bradley-beal-washington-m-loyal-210057692.html
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#1818 » by SirChurros » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:23 pm

I've never really pegged Windy as a guy who has too much insight into anything non-Lebron related. I mean we just saw a report last week about how well Giannis and CP3 hit it off in the bubble. Of course that doesn't translate into the wanting to play together, but I definitely wouldn't take Windy's opinion as gospel.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#1819 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:32 pm

drew881 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Initial CP3/Bucks talk starts at 5:30. At 24:00 they return to CP3/Bucks talk and Windy makes a comment about "I'm not sure it's realistic, because I'm not sure theres a great affinity...well I'm not gonna say." Then around 26:00 Windy says, "It is an interesting trade...I'm just not going to say anything."

I thought there were rumors of CP3 being interested in the Bucks when his value was down last summer? I have a pretty strong hunch Giannis doesn't want to play with CP3 and/or (probably "and" - see his supposed desire to be a non-traditional contender and his past comments about staying in Milwaukee) doesn't want the Bucks to make a short-sighted deal.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1820 » by machu46 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:34 pm

Krispy Kreme wrote:I've never really pegged Windy as a guy who has too much insight into anything non-Lebron related. I mean we just saw a report last week about how well Giannis and CP3 hit it off in the bubble. Of course that doesn't translate into the wanting to play together, but I definitely wouldn't take Windy's opinion as gospel.

Certainly not gospel, but Eric Nehm was reporting the same thing as well. It's possible that this is all the Bucks downplaying their interest in him, but that's now two reputable people (at least one of which seemingly got his information directly from the Lasrys) saying that we aren't interested in CP3.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks