Sac/GS go all in, in opposite directions

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,217

Sac/GS go all in, in opposite directions 

Post#1 » by SNPA » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:41 pm

One goes for it. The other goes for draft picks.

Let’s assume that there is no superstar available and obtainable for GS. So they take a different route...

Buddy/Barnes/Holmes

For...

Wiggins (bunch of junk...Poole/Lonney/one of the 1.5 million players) /#2/Minny 2021/GS 2022 first (protected top 4)

Why you ask?

GS gets three of its top six players and has a seven player rotation of:

Curry/Buddy/Thompson/Barnes/Green/Paschall/Holmes

They could also bring back Chriss and Lee too if desired for an 9 man rotation before using exceptions, vets mins, or the TPE to fill out the roster. And there will likely be plenty of good players available with COVID pricing.

They get a third splash brother, a defensive starting center that fits their style fantastically and a 3/4 wing with size that they need.

Wiggins/2 is neutral value
Buddy/Barnes/Holmes for Minny/Protected 2021 (build in the cost of needing to win now too)

For the King’s it’s draft picks. They clearly lose on talent but stock up to have two 1st round pick for three drafts in a row.

Haliburton and Poku would be my preference. I’d like to see a followup of Belly/35 to move up and get Paul Reed. Add those three to Fox/Bagley to start to build out a young team.

Fox/Joseph
Bogi/Hali/Poole
Wiggins/Bazemore
Bagley/Reed/Parker
Len/Lonney
+Poku

Likely grab another center in FA.

It’s a bit crazy because it’s a lot of pieces, but it’s only two teams and can make sense for both.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,687

Re: Sac/GS go all in, in opposite directions 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:48 pm

If you claim Wiggins and 2 as neutral why do you have GSW then paying significant positive value for a negative value package from the Kings? A package made even more negative by the massive tax bill GSW would have? Take Buddy out, replace him with Bjelica. Then take out the Minny pick and now you are getting somewhere.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,528

Post#3 » by HornetJail » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:59 pm

I think #2 has to come out of this. Getting the MIN pick for those dudes is a win for Sacramento
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#4 » by BoogieTime » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:18 pm

What is this? Your overplaying Wiggins contract by a lot
SNPA
General Manager

Post#5 » by SNPA » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:41 pm

Getting two starters that fit their core and a sixth man of the year candidate in their system puts the Warriors a lot closer to their goal than Wiggins, a rookie and spare parts. There is a lot of value there for them IMO, it needs to be analyzed in context.

But I could see the luxury tax bill being to high and wanting Belly instead of Buddy. Would require some reworking. The 2 would need to stay in but one of the other picks comes out.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#6 » by Reign23 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:49 pm

yeah you have to take 1 pick out.
formerly known as knickst4pe
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#7 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Ignoring the question on other picks and value balancing:

Hypothetically if it was 2/Wiggins for some combo of Bjelica/Buddy/Barnes/Holmes/Joseph... what contracts would GS want back?
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,732

Post#8 » by gswhoops » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:54 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Ignoring the question on other picks and value balancing:

Hypothetically if it was 2/Wiggins for some combo of Bjelica/Buddy/Barnes/Holmes/Joseph... what contracts would GS want back?

Holmes
Bjelica
Barnes
Joseph
Buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SNPA
General Manager

Post#9 » by SNPA » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:30 pm

gswhoops wrote:

Holmes
Bjelica
Barnes
Joseph
Buddy

How far down the list would you need to go?
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by gswhoops » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 pm

SNPA wrote:
gswhoops wrote:

Holmes
Bjelica
Barnes
Joseph
Buddy

I don't think any combo of those would convince me to give up the #2. I think I'd do Barnes + Holmes + 12 for Wiggins + 2 + maybe some other small incentive (21 MIN 2nd?)
SNPA
General Manager

Post#11 » by SNPA » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:37 pm

gswhoops wrote:
SNPA wrote:
gswhoops wrote:Holmes
Bjelica
Barnes
Joseph
Buddy

I don't think any combo of those would convince me to give up the #2. I think I'd do Barnes + Holmes + 12 for Wiggins + 2 + maybe some other small incentive (21 MIN 2nd?)

Yeah, this King’s fan cant get behind that. Way to much to move up in this draft.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,687

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:39 pm

gswhoops wrote:

Holmes
Bjelica
Barnes
Joseph
Buddy

Same rough order but honestly after the top 3 I'm tapping out. Not taking Joseph or Hield under any reasonable circumstances. The real money cost just could never be justified.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#13 » by Buzzard » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:39 pm

I think GSW fans are going to be disappointed with the return on Wiggins. Something like Barnes, Hield, #12 for Wiggins, #2, Wolves future pick is probably as good as it gets.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,303

Post#14 » by Kurt Heimlich » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:43 pm

Very very heavily slanted in favor of the kings here. Idk if the warriors do it with the 2nd pick removed.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#15 » by kb02 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:57 pm

SNPA wrote:One goes for it. The other goes for draft picks.

Let’s assume that there is no superstar available and obtainable for GS. So they take a different route...

Buddy/Barnes/Holmes

For...

Wiggins (bunch of junk...Poole/Lonney/one of the 1.5 million players) /#2/Minny 2021/GS 2022 first (protected top 4)

Why you ask?

They could also bring back Chriss and Lee too if desired for an 9 man rotation before using exceptions, vets mins, or the TPE to fill out the roster. And there will likely be plenty of good players available with COVID pricing.

They get a third splash brother, a defensive starting center that fits their style fantastically and a 3/4 wing with size that they need.

Buddy/Barnes/Holmes for Minny/Protected 2021 (build in the cost of needing to win now too)

For the King’s it’s draft picks. They clearly lose on talent but stock up to have two 1st round pick for three drafts in a row.

Haliburton and Poku would be my preference. I’d like to see a followup of Belly/35 to move up and get Paul Reed. Add those three to Fox/Bagley to start to build out a young team.

Fox/Joseph
Bogi/Hali/Poole
Wiggins/Bazemore
Bagley/Reed/Parker
Len/Lonney
+Poku

It’s a bit crazy because it’s a lot of pieces, but it’s only two teams and can make sense for both.

Take out the GS 2022, add #35, and I think it's fair.

As for ideas of adding #12, that's a hard no-go. Wiggins contract is that bad. Dude is a middle of the road SF, who is paid like he's Lebron.

That said, I don't think GSW does this. Wiggins was acquired for two reasons--transform him from a negative to a positive value and/or to slot in Giannis' salary. But from what I've determined, his value remains negative (and will likekly continue to be so given the contract) and it looks like Giannis is more likely to join Miami then GSW (this will remain my de facto position unless Miami wins the Championship before Giannis joins them; dude strikes me as the type that wants to be the final piece rather than to join a team that has already won it multiple times).
SNPA
General Manager

Post#16 » by SNPA » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:07 pm

kb02 wrote:
SNPA wrote:One goes for it. The other goes for draft picks.

Buddy/Barnes/Holmes

For...

Why you ask?

Fox/Joseph
Bogi/Hali/Poole
Wiggins/Bazemore
Bagley/Reed/Parker
Len/Lonney
+Poku

Take out the GS 2022, add #35, and I think it's fair.

As for ideas of adding #12, that's a hard no-go. Wiggins contract is that bad. Dude is a middle of the road SF, who is paid like he's Lebron.

That said, I don't think GSW does this. Wiggins was acquired for two reasons--transform him from a negative to a positive value and/or to slot in Giannis' salary. But from what I've determined, his value remains negative (and will likekly continue to be so given the contract) and it looks like Giannis is more likely to join Miami then GSW (this will remain my de facto position unless Miami wins the Championship before Giannis joins them; dude strikes me as the type that wants to be the final piece rather than to join a team that has already won it multiple times).

I wonder about the original deal but add Belly into the TPE and up protections on the GS 2022 to lottery or even 20?
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by gswhoops » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:10 pm

Buzzard wrote:I think GSW fans are going to be disappointed with the return on Wiggins. Something like Barnes, Hield, #12 for Wiggins, #2, Wolves future pick is probably as good as it gets.

I think it's very unlikely we trade him FWIW, at least before the season begins.
fluffhead
Junior
And1: 33

Post#18 » by fluffhead » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:22 pm

Terrible for the warriors.
#2 and minny 21 frp?
On court I’d rather go with Wiggins than re-run of Barnes.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#19 » by Buzzard » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:37 pm

fluffhead wrote:Terrible for the warriors.
#2 and minny 21 frp?
On court I’d rather go with Wiggins than re-run of Barnes.

Its suppose to be terrible. GSW traded for Wiggins, that is terrible all by itself.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
SNPA
General Manager

Post#20 » by SNPA » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:28 pm

gswhoops wrote:
SNPA wrote:
gswhoops wrote:Holmes
Bjelica
Barnes
Joseph
Buddy

What about Barnes/Holmes/Belly/35 for Wiggins/2?

Your deal but swap 12 for Belly/35.

Return to Trades and Transactions