[UTA-MIL-MIN-ORL] Conley, Bledsoe, Ross

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

[UTA-MIL-MIN-ORL] Conley, Bledsoe, Ross 

Post#1 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:58 pm

Utah trades: Mike Conley, 2020 UTA 1st (23)
Utah receives: James Johnson, Terrence Ross, 2020 MIN 2nd (33)
Why Utah does it: Johnson and Ross are really nice fits in our rotation/system, and this trade allows Mitchell to shift to point guard. Ross is also locked up for a few years on a reasonable contract, and this trade saves a bit of money, which will facilitate retaining Clarkson.

Milwaukee trades: Eric Bledsoe, Ersan Ilyasova, DJ Wilson
Milwaukee receives: Mike Conley
Milwaukee gets a player that can act as a really nice tertiary scorer, or step up if Giannis or Middleton miss time. He was excellent in the playoffs and in the last portion of the season after finally resting his injury till it was healed. I think he'd be a great fit in Milwaukee, and if it does not work out, he is expiring (and they could also flip him later in the season for Chris Paul if needed).

Minnesota trades: James Johnson, 2020 MIN 2nd (33)
Minnesota receives: Eric Bledsoe
Minnesota gets an elite perimeter defender that can put pressure on the rim. Bledsoe makes their team better for a really minimal outlay, so while he is older than the rest of his team, I don't think that matters too much with role players.

Orlando trades: Terrence Ross
Orlando receives: Ersan Ilyasova, DJ Wilson, 2020 UTA 1st (23)
This is obviously contingent on Orlando deciding to rebuild. They get a first round pick for Ross, and some expiring salary. Wilson is probably at least worth a look.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,046

Re: [UTA-MIL-MIN-ORL] Conley, Bledsoe, Ross 

Post#2 » by shangrila » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:19 pm

I like it. Not sure if anyone else shares my enthusiasm for Bledsoe but the price is so low it's hard to argue it.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,935

Re: [UTA-MIL-MIN-ORL] Conley, Bledsoe, Ross 

Post#3 » by wolves_89 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:37 pm

For the Wolves I could see a deal like this, but it would likely be after Minnesota has explored a number of other alternative options for using Johnson's expiring contract. Acquiring Bledsoe seems like a "if there's no better option" type of deal.

Return to Trades and Transactions