ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Re: Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released) 

Post#3181 » by HeadtopChunes » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:37 pm

Psubs wrote:I guess Reed can be a small ball C a la Theis.

I dont see it think he's a 4/3. I doubt Reed himself wants to be a full-time C either
TR50
General Manager
And1: 1,211

Post#3182 » by TR50 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:43 pm

The talk about Tillie here has made me look into him a bit more and something I really like about him is that he is a great shooter, but he can also post up and play inside a bit. I think having that element offensively is a big deal, and at 29, I'd be pretty okay with taking him.

Also feel decent about Joe and Reed.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,577

Post#3183 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:48 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:I really want Maledon which would require Toronto to trade up. That isn't very likely and with the draft coming closer I would stick with my choice of Paul Reed.

Theo as Raptor would just make way too much sense, I know it's kinda a biased opinion but I don't think there would be a better team for him to go to in terms of fit and development
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#3184 » by Psubs » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:43 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Psubs wrote:I guess Reed can be a small ball C a la Theis.

I dont see it think he's a 4/3. I doubt Reed himself wants to be a full-time C either

That's what I think too. He's good like Siakam out on the permetre on D.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#3185 » by RaptorsNorth » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:47 am

Killian Tillie Is not a bad pick but is he a Nurse guy ? I don’t think so. Nurse rates Defense first and thats why McCaw is a Nurse guy.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#3186 » by casual_raps_fan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:08 am

TR50 wrote:The talk about Tillie here has made me look into him a bit more and something I really like about him is that he is a great shooter, but he can also post up and play inside a bit. I think having that element offensively is a big deal, and at 29, I'd be pretty okay with taking him.

Out of Joe, Reed, and Tillie, I'd probably rank it...
1. Joe - Bullseye shooter with a quick trigger. Needs to learn to shoot running off of screens. Projects as a good defender.
2. Tillie - Advanced feel for the game, very good shooter, can do bigman stuff too. Health is a big question mark.
3. Reed - Toolsy and athletic but shooting is a big question mark. If he doesn't learn to shoot, he will have a hard time finding minutes in the playoffs.
TR50
General Manager
And1: 1,211

Post#3187 » by TR50 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:14 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
TR50 wrote:The talk about Tillie here has made me look into him a bit more and something I really like about him is that he is a great shooter, but he can also post up and play inside a bit. I think having that element offensively is a big deal, and at 29, I'd be pretty okay with taking him.

1. Joe - Bullseye shooter with a quick trigger. Needs to learn to shoot running off of screens. Projects as a good defender.
2. Tillie - Advanced feel for the game, very good shooter, can do bigman stuff too. Health is a big question mark.
3. Reed - Toolsy and athletic but shooting is a big question mark. If he doesn't learn to shoot, he will have a hard time finding minutes in the playoffs.

I think I agree.

I sometimes have Tillie and Joe flip flop a bit, just because when I see Joe, I think of a guy that can be very effective as a shooter and defender, but I also worry that that there are always perceived guys like that, that do not pan out. Although, a T-Ross kind of guy at 29 is pretty good.

When I think of Tillie, I just think of the skillset, and how it very well could be a lottery-like talent held back by injuries. In that sense I get an OG kind of vibe and think he is excellent value at 29. Would be hard to pass up on.

Other guys that I really like, that are mentioned throughout the thread are Maledon, McDaniels. I just am unsure if they would be available at 29. I also want to learn more about Desmond Bane.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,026

Post#3188 » by NotMyKawhi » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:57 am

hopefully josh green falls to us
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,026

Post#3189 » by NotMyKawhi » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:09 am

Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#3190 » by Indeed » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:45 am

TR50 wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:

I think I agree.

I sometimes have Tillie and Joe flip flop a bit, just because when I see Joe, I think of a guy that can be very effective as a shooter and defender, but I also worry that that there are always perceived guys like that, that do not pan out. Although, a T-Ross kind of guy at 29 is pretty good.

When I think of Tillie, I just think of the skillset, and how it very well could be a lottery-like talent held back by injuries. In that sense I get an OG kind of vibe and think he is excellent value at 29. Would be hard to pass up on.

Other guys that I really like, that are mentioned throughout the thread are Maledon, McDaniels. I just am unsure if they would be available at 29. I also want to learn more about Desmond Bane.

I thought not long ago, people here were suggesting Nnaji and Tillman
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#3191 » by casual_raps_fan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:43 am

NotMyKawhi wrote:

I liked him a lot before but I've cooled down quite a bit. His inconsistent shooting makes him risky. If he doesn't improve it, he won't be useful. There's other guys that are better options than him in the first round. If we trade for more second round picks, I would be interested in him.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#3192 » by casual_raps_fan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:07 am

TR50 wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:

I think I agree.

Yeah. I like Tillie's skillset too. Offensively, there's a clear role for him at the next level. He can stretch the floor, he can pick and roll/pop, he passes the ball well and has a feel for the game. He'd kind of be a mix of Ibaka and Gasol offensively.

The two question marks that I have for him are what he will be able to do on the defensive end and his injury history. Those two things lower his floor significantly which is why I have Isaiah Joe above him who I think at worst will be useable in most playoff series because of his shooting and defence.
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#3193 » by pr0gr4m » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:31 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:I really want Maledon which would require Toronto to trade up. That isn't very likely and with the draft coming closer I would stick with my choice of Paul Reed.

Theo as Raptor would just make way too much sense, I know it's kinda a biased opinion but I don't think there would be a better team for him to go to in terms of fit and development

I could see him as a starter right away if we let FVV walk and trade Norm for a pick. Lowry would be a great first point guard to play with and would help him develop fast. He could be better than Fred right away.
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer

Post#3194 » by pr0gr4m » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:37 am

No way Theo falls to 29.

The author / publisher must be trolling Raptor fans however there's a large pool of "mid-level" prospects. I feel that a prospects chances of becoming an allstar is dependent on the franchise that develops him. I feel the Raptors could do that with a lot of these guys and should just look for a prospect with a solid foundation.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#3195 » by casual_raps_fan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:05 am

pr0gr4m wrote:

No way Theo falls to 29.

The author / publisher must be trolling Raptor fans however there's a large pool of "mid-level" prospects. I feel that a prospects chances of becoming an allstar is dependent on the franchise that develops him. I feel the Raptors could do that with a lot of these guys and should just look for a prospect with a solid foundation.

Yeah. It doesn't seem very likely he would be available. The guys drafted before Maledon in the mock draft are...

24. Malachi Flynn (Bucks)
25. Jaden McDaneils (Thunder)
26. Leandro Bolmaro (Celtics)
27. Tyler Bey (Knicks)
28. Robert Woodard (Lakers)

I'd be surprised if Maledon would be passed by all of these teams for the listed players.
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer

Post#3196 » by pr0gr4m » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:23 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:

No way Theo falls to 29.

Yeah. It doesn't seem very likely he would be available. The guys drafted before Maledon in the mock draft are...

27. Tyler Bey (Knicks)

I'd be surprised if Maledon would be passed by all of these teams for the listed players.

Woodard could be a low key steal as well. His strength and athleticism at the 3 could be good. He has a fairly fluid looking mid range shot that in my opinion could make him better than OG down the road. He's also athletic enough to potential be a big 2 as well.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#3197 » by casual_raps_fan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:44 am

pr0gr4m wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:No way Theo falls to 29.

27. Tyler Bey (Knicks)

Woodard could be a low key steal as well. His strength and athleticism at the 3 could be good. He has a fairly fluid looking mid range shot that in my opinion could make him better than OG down the road. He's also athletic enough to potential be a big 2 as well.

Yeah. Out of the listed players (Flynn, McDaniels, Bolmaro, Bey, Woodard), I like Woodard the most. I think it's unlikely he will be as good as OG or that he will play 2 though. His primary position will be 3 like you said but I'm thinking he'd be pretty useful at the 4 against a team like the Celtics or Heat.

He's not a fancy pick but he already can play his projected NBA role (3&D) and would give us stability with our depth at 3 and 4 behind Siakam and OG.

I'm thinking after Woodard, I'd have McDaniels as a close second.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#3198 » by casual_raps_fan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:02 am

pr0gr4m wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:

I could see him as a starter right away if we let FVV walk and trade Norm for a pick. Lowry would be a great first point guard to play with and would help him develop fast. He could be better than Fred right away.

This is weird thought but I think Nurse would probably start McCaw or Thomas if Fred and Norm are gone. Nurse has shown he likes to go with 'his guys' and he'd probably want to groom Maledon before sending him off to the frontlines.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#3199 » by Indeed » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:29 pm

casual_raps_fan wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:

No way Theo falls to 29.

27. Tyler Bey (Knicks)

I see some of these players are going to drop, including Maledon, as some teams are interested in a big, or they already have enough guards. Some may take a gamble (usually that is the Raptors) on a less known player.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#3200 » by casual_raps_fan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:31 pm

Indeed wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:No way Theo falls to 29.

27. Tyler Bey (Knicks)

I see some of these players are going to drop, including Maledon, as some teams are interested in a big, or they already have enough guards. Some may take a gamble (usually that is the Raptors) on a less known player.

I agree with some of them. I don’t expect Flynn, Bolmaro, bey in the first round. I’d be blown away if maledon drops to us and we pass on him.

Return to Toronto Raptors