ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#821 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:56 pm

Coxy wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Coxy wrote:
I think you missed the point bourne. Mylie is stating that if quality drafting orginisations like San Antonio and Boston think Wiseman is a big time prospect enough to trade up for, then it's prudent to think that Wiseman might be pretty good, if they think so.

Wiseman is a foundation piece for a ball club. We need to draft him.

I understand what you are saying, but Wiseman won't be an All-Star or be ready to start until 2023. Our core will be too old by then.

Before then, Ramon Shelbourne of ESPN thinks the Warriors can get Giannis in 2021 --
Read on Twitter

Kostas getting a ring will open his brothers eyes! The downside is the Ws will have to give up Draymond or Klay. That's why getting a deep threat or Obi Toppin in this draft would be nice.

You have no idea about Wiseman and what he’ll be, or when he’ll be making an impact in the NBA. You’re so full of it.

None of us do....that's the problem. #2 picks that pan out normally have something that clearly shows WHY.

But HISTORY proves that big men take much longer to develop and contribute. It PROVES that.

You can argue that he may be a franchise player...but you can't argue that he's likely to come in right away and have a meaningful impact. Probably 4 7 footers in history have ever done that.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#822 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:00 pm

ShayDee wrote:Hold up. Someone posted this months ago and I just brushed over the Dude. After piecing all the puzzles of our needs, draft this man. Although he makes good decisions most of the time, he has shot selection issues and after looking deeper, he is kinda turnover prone.

But he is extremely versatile, can play multiple positions, can defend 1-3. 4s if adds strength, can pass, handle, drive, has a floater game. and can hit shots if open. So he can spot up in the corner. I think he is an advanced McKinnie and could be close to Iggy with some developments

Looks good to me ....does this draft suck or not lol...seems heck of deep.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#823 » by xdrta+ » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:06 pm

BW32 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
ShayDee wrote:We have to start loving the 2nd round prospects guys. We are almost guaranteed to not use the TPE, and 2nd round prospects will be almost better than the min FA we sign. On a cheaper longer term deal as well

What makes us almost guaranteed to not use the TE? I would say the opposite.

The Covid economy.

Yeah, that answer doesn't make a lot of sense.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#824 » by BW32 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:46 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
BW32 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
What makes us almost guaranteed to not use the TE? I would say the opposite.

The Covid economy.

Yeah, that answer doesn't make a lot of sense.

The Warriors are up to like 4 dollars per dollar on tax by now, with the arena closed maybe for the year you think Lacob is paying 100 million dollars extra for Rudy Gay? I'm gonna bet no.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#825 » by Little Digger » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:56 pm

The W’s Ownership group has never been wealthier than they are right now..by a wide margin ..I guarantee you that..anyone in tech stocks are getting even filthier rich..they’ll pay any amount with zero hesitation
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#826 » by jason bourne » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Coxy wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Coxy wrote:
You have no idea about Wiseman and what he’ll be, or when he’ll be making an impact in the NBA. You’re so full of it.

I checked on the Spurs before posting and they wanted Okongwu or Toppin. Those are the two whom I wanted the Warriors draft if they wanted a big man. Do you want the link?

Also, I haven't heard anything about the Celtics wanting Wiseman. On realgm, one or few Celtics' fans were willing to give up more than Gordon Hayward in trade.

Wouldn't you think either of those teams would've contacted the Warriors if they wanted Wiseman? He's the most likely not to go to the the TWolves. I think the Warriors will settle for LaMelo or Anthony Edwards if they're there at #2.

I don't think the Warriors want a Hassan Whiteside. They may have taken a chance on a higher ceiling DeAndre Jordan as I would have, but we didn't see enough of Wiseman. He quit his team. He didn't go overseas to play pro ball or even contact the G-League. I think he's lazy and has no heart, i.e. sawft. That's a red flag for me.

Here's a fairly neutral article on Wiseman -- https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/12/21/21031750/james-wiseman-nba-draft-2020-memphis-tigers-scouting-report. Had Wiseman finished the season with the Tigers, then I might've put him in the back of the top ten.

Haha you checked in with the Spurs did you? Did you do coffee with Pop? What exactly did he say? If you just checked in with the Spurs RealGM board and that’s what they said, LMAO. This is a fan website dude, not real life. Nobody knows what the teams and their GMs are wanting to do, quit talking like your opinion matters, it doesn’t.

Now, you're the one who knows nothing about Wiseman but just another chucker who will suck Wiseman's d*ck because of his measurements. A claim was made that Spurs and Celtics would want to trade for him. We just established the Spurs and Celtics aren't busting down doors to trade with the Warriors. No team is interested to trade for Wiseman at #1 or #2. Likely he'll be claimed by the woeful Hornets.

I think Rick Barry knows what he's talking about as he wants to get a vet big man with size and experience. Someone besides Dwight Howard. The article states he's a pending HOFer. I didn't pursue him because... Can the Warriors do it with their tax payer MLE?

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-rick-barry-wants-warriors-sign-serge-ibaka-nba-free-agency
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#827 » by Little Digger » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:58 pm

I was wondering what happened to N’Doye..I’d take him over some of these stiffs being hyped as lottery picks..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#828 » by wco81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:12 pm

jason bourne wrote:I think Rick Barry knows what he's talking about as he wants to get a vet big man with size and experience. Someone besides Dwight Howard. The article states he's a pending HOFer. I didn't pursue him because... Can the Warriors do it with their tax payer MLE?

Does he though?

Didn't he want a coaching or front office job?
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#829 » by HiRez » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:54 pm

Little Digger wrote:

I don't know, I'm not seeing anything really magical there. Yeah, he's a good passer and he does have a nice arc on his 3 ball, but a lot of those inside drives are going to be stopped or blocked at the NBA level, and some of those passes will be picked off. NBA players just a lot bigger, longer, quicker. Maybe he'll adjust, maybe not...it's hard to project. Despite some promising things, still not seeing #1 pick value in him and I still think he has as much bust potential as star potential (which, granted, is something you can say about a lot of draft prospects).

That's why in recent weeks I've been leaning a little more towards "safer" picks like Haliburton, Okongwu, Okoro, and Vassell (inexplicable and unnecessary last minute change of shot mechanics aside). As I've said before, I think Haliburton gives you 85%+ of what people like about Ball (the court vision/passing), and a whole lot more that Ball doesn't have. I don't understand why anyone would take Ball over Haliburton.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#830 » by ShayDee » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:02 pm

Little Digger wrote:I was wondering what happened to N’Doye..I’d take him over some of these stiffs being hyped as lottery picks..

He is the one. He will be better than Deni or Patrick Williams that people love here. The Real Next Iguodala
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#831 » by Coxy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:14 pm

jason bourne wrote:No team is interested to trade for Wiseman at #1 or #2.

How do you know this? Do you speak with the GM's of the league do you?
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#832 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:47 pm

Yeah...Ibaka would be the best...but not likely.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#833 » by wco81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:55 pm

So do teams release videos or other information about their interviews or workout sessions with prospects?

Maybe a couple of tweets if nothing else?

They can't give up too much info, like their assessments of the prospects, but to hype up the draft for their fans?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#834 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:58 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Little Digger wrote:I was wondering what happened to N’Doye..I’d take him over some of these stiffs being hyped as lottery picks..

He is the one. He will be better than Deni or Patrick Williams that people love here. The Real Next Iguodala

I've come to the conclusion you're mentally unstable.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#835 » by ShayDee » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:22 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
I've come to the conclusion you're mentally unstable.

Probably gone crazy reading some of the takes here tbh. But in reality he will be a solid player for the salary we will pay compared to Deni/PatWill
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#836 » by tarantism » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:25 pm

I'm starting to see the rationale for Ball. He's not my favorite pick but people keep saying we need the next Iggy/Livingston and he could be that and more. He comes in as a poor defender but our organization has proven it can teach defense. He also wouldn't be the biggest star on the team and wouldn't start or be expected to lead the team right away.

Ball is a high risk prospect but its hard to think up a scenario where he has better odds.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#837 » by jason bourne » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:47 pm

wco81 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:I think Rick Barry knows what he's talking about as he wants to get a vet big man with size and experience. Someone besides Dwight Howard. The article states he's a pending HOFer. I didn't pursue him because... Can the Warriors do it with their tax payer MLE?

Does he though?

Didn't he want a coaching or front office job?

Haha. RB is really old now.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#838 » by jason bourne » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:52 pm

Coxy wrote:

I haven't heard any team interview him unless he was the one who answered,

"One longtime Eastern Conference executive asked a prospect if he did drugs. When the player surprisingly said he did, the executive asked what his favorite drug was.

“He said he did ecstasy,” the executive recalled. “We asked him where he got the money for the drugs. He said, ‘They paid me to come to this school, so that’s where I got the money.’ Needless to say, he was red-flagged from our list.”

Wiseman isn't one with the high b-ball IQ since he quit on Coach Penny Hardaway and his team. Surely, he could've got a job to repay the money and would've had a nice sample to go by. More team would've been interested.

Oh yeah. The Spurs interviewed Killian Hayes and the Celtics Paul Reed.

ImageImage
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#839 » by ShayDee » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:16 am

jason bourne wrote:
Coxy wrote:

I haven't heard any team interview him unless he was the one who answered,

"One longtime Eastern Conference executive asked a prospect if he did drugs. When the player surprisingly said he did, the executive asked what his favorite drug was.

“He said he did ecstasy,” the executive recalled. “We asked him where he got the money for the drugs. He said, ‘They paid me to come to this school, so that’s where I got the money.’ Needless to say, he was red-flagged from our list.”

Wiseman isn't one with the high b-ball IQ since he quit on Coach Penny Hardaway and his team. Surely, he could've got a job to repay the money and would've had a nice sample to go by. More team would've been interested.

Oh yeah. The Spurs interviewed Killian Hayes and the Celtics Paul Reed.

It was probably Anthony Edwards that gave that interview. No way in hell Wiseman is that kind of player. Doesn't look like it. More of an antisocial player with less influence from stuff around him

One executive asked a player whose role he can fill in the league tomorrow. The prospect mentioned Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant. The executive looked at the prospect like he had two heads and replied, ‘I said tomorrow. Come on.’

This one was probably Wiseman lmao or Jaden McDaniels
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#840 » by HiRez » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:29 am

ShayDee wrote:
One executive asked a player whose role he can fill in the league tomorrow. The prospect mentioned Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant. The executive looked at the prospect like he had two heads and replied, ‘I said tomorrow. Come on.’

Probably LaVar Ball answering for LaMelo.

Return to Golden State Warriors