ImageImageImageImageImage

Shapiro/Atkins vs. Alex Anthopoulos

Moderator: JaysRule15

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,154

Re: Shapiro/Atkins vs. Alex Anthopoulos 

Post#61 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 2:08 pm

Ratul you might as well move on and support this and stop being a negative nancy. there's nothing you can do about it unless you are AA himself and shitposting your replacements lmao. or go interview for the GM role itself.

do you shitpost about your exes and old bosses and colleagues all the time too? then the Blue Jays, an entertainment product, shouldn't have such a negative impact on you at all. lmao.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
raptorsfan2018
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#62 » by raptorsfan2018 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:33 am

ratul wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:This team has the potential to be great for a decade.

We have developed how many position players under Shatkins from the minor league system?

AA did solid of course and IMO built the worlds best team even though we lost to the Royals, but his window was short.

Bo, Vlad, Gurriel, Pearson, Hernandez, Biggio could be great for the next decade.

And the minor league still has so many guys about to come up, and this includes a guy like Martin who looks like he could be the real deal.

We built the right way for the first time since the 80s.

You've been sold snake oil my guy. Shapiro doesn't value pitching and defense. He values 'hope.' That's why he never gets the job done.

We don’t need to worry then. Shapiro isn’t the GM.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,094

Post#63 » by Schad » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:58 am

On defense: tomorrow's pivotal Game 7 is between the 21st ranked defense against the 23rd ranked defense. 21st? The Braves, AA's current team. 23rd? The Dodgers, AA's previous team.

22nd? The Jays. And the Jays even had more pitcher fWAR than the Braves.

The Braves and Dodgers do happen to be the best and second-best offensive teams in baseball, however, but offense isn't that important.
**** your asterisk.
phillipmike
Rookie
And1: 1,229

Post#64 » by phillipmike » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:30 am

Read on Twitter
phillipmike
Rookie
And1: 1,229

Post#65 » by phillipmike » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:00 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Rat Tool loves his god AA, some Braves fans disagree with you.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#66 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:32 am

AA is hugely overrated.... by Ratul.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#67 » by ratul » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:AA is hugely overrated.... by Ratul.

Just another team that made the ALCS under AA. Congrats to Alex!
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#68 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:03 am

ratul wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:AA is hugely overrated.... by Ratul.

Just another team that made the ALCS under AA. Congrats to Alex!

You’re such a tool lmao.
ratul
General Manager

Post#69 » by ratul » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:46 pm

phillipmike wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Rat Tool loves his god AA, some Braves fans disagree with you.

Yeah, it’s not like fans to overreact to a tough loss. I wish I could get mad at us losing in the Alcs.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,566

Post#70 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Hell yeah, all those moves AA made to build the Braves into what they are today. So much of his blood, sweat and tears went into that team.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
ratul
General Manager

Post#71 » by ratul » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:40 am

Fairview4Life wrote:Hell yeah, all those moves AA made to build the Braves into what they are today. So much of his blood, sweat and tears went into that team.

It is amazing how quickly people are interested in discounting success whilst at the same time minimizing failure.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#72 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:52 am

ratul wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:Hell yeah, all those moves AA made to build the Braves into what they are today. So much of his blood, sweat and tears went into that team.

It is amazing how quickly people are interested in discounting success whilst at the same time minimizing failure.

It is amazing how quickly people are interested in context when discussing one general manager while at the same time ignoring it with another.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
ratul
General Manager

Post#73 » by ratul » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:23 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
ratul wrote:

It is amazing how quickly people are interested in context when discussing one general manager while at the same time ignoring it with another.

lol, ok. I guess winning is just not in your DNA
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#74 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:36 pm

ratul wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
ratul wrote:

What has AA won again? You know, since results are all that matter.
ratul
General Manager

Post#75 » by ratul » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:16 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
ratul wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

What has shapiro won?

And if we take the fact that neither has won a world series (neither has Billy Beane) we should probably look at records in the playoffs. Alex has made the playoffs in four of the last six years (!) as GM. In the two other years (2016 and 2017) the team he built in Toronto made the playoffs in 2016 and in 2017 the dodgers made the playoffs.

Alex has made the playoffs more times in the last six years than Shapiro has in his ENTIRE career.

I PRAY that Rogers fires Shapiro. Right now Shapiro doesn't have a contract but if he gets a new one, I'll guess I will keep the TV off once again - like many blue jay fans have been doing since shapiro started this cluster eff of a team.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#76 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:55 pm

ratul wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
ratul wrote:

What has shapiro won?

And if we take the fact that neither has won a world series (neither has Billy Beane) we should probably look at records in the playoffs. Alex has made the playoffs in four of the last six years (!) as GM. In the two other years (2016 and 2017) the team he built in Toronto made the playoffs in 2016 and in 2017 the dodgers made the playoffs.

Alex has made the playoffs more times in the last six years than Shapiro has in his ENTIRE career.

I PRAY that Rogers fires Shapiro. Right now Shapiro doesn't have a contract but if he gets a new one, I'll guess I will keep the TV off once again - like many blue jay fans have been doing since shapiro started this cluster eff of a team.

The Context Lover has logged off again, apparently.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#77 » by I_Like_Dirt » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:39 pm

What do you mean. I'm pretty sure he said something about how AA held the Dodgers back and they had to have him leave before they could realize their potential.

As an aside, I think AA was and is an alright GM and I have no reason to think poorly of him. Ratul's shenanigans have actually made me appreciate Shapiro and Atkins more overall. Is he the mole?

Sent from my SM-G970W using RealGM mobile app
Bucket! Bucket!
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#78 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Nov 1, 2020 7:47 pm

ratul wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
ratul wrote:

What has shapiro won?

so basically you're saying he's won nothing. good job of proving his point.
ratul
General Manager

Post#79 » by ratul » Tue Nov 3, 2020 9:39 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
ratul wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

What has shapiro won?

so basically you're saying he's won nothing. good job of proving his point.

Lol, Shapiro is a loser. A track record of 20 years of losing and counting.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#80 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Nov 3, 2020 11:28 am

The Blue Jays have made the playoffs in 40% of Shapiro’s season with them. Can’t argue those results.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays