ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch - Revised Poll

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who do you prefer of the following prospects?

Desmond Bane
41%
Saddiq Bey
3%
RJ Hampton
3%
Kira Lewis Jr
14%
Tyrese Maxey
7%
Aaron Nesmith
7%
Isaac Okoro
3%
Jalen Smith
7%
Tyrell Terry
7%
Patrick Williams
7%

Total votes: 29

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch 

Post#1841 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:02 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Yes, Actually I do. Don't be that surprised if they select one of Okoro or Vassell at 6, IF either are on the board. As far as defense/ rim protection, They already have Capela specifically for that. Also, I'm sure that they'll have Hunter as a backup 3 to Grant or possibly Ctowder or Holiday at the 3. And Reddish as their backup 4. They also have Dedmon behind Capela at center. So honestly they're pretty good there. It'll be interesting to see which position they prioritize at 6. My money is still on one of Okoro or Vassell with their 3rd choice being Avdija.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Capela...I was looking at the stats and games played here and for some reason he's not listed...must have been injured and he's 2nd to last on the roster. https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2020.html

I still think Okongwu would probably be a good pick, to have a cheap backup who could eventually take over after Capelas few years. With so many cheap wings taken in the last two drafts, Okoro or Vassell don't make total sense to me. I have read that a backup PG or combo guard makes a lot of sense and seen Haliburton's name mentioned. They don't really have a backup PG unless they re-sign Teague, but Haliburton makes a lot of sense to play with both and add some D next to Trae, could guard the PG.

Edit...I see Kerrsed mentioned Haliburton too, but I had read that he would fit well and I think they like him somewhere else and it makes sense since they don't have a backup PG, and have a lot of raw prospects and he is more ready to play.

Yeah, A lot of Hawks fans that I have talked to have Haliburton near the top.of there board. But I personally don't think he gets past Chicago if he's there at 4, As they're high on him too as an off ball playmaking defensive compliment to Lavine. Anyways, from talking to a few Hawks fans, There board is pretty much-
1- Haliburton.
2- Okoro.
3- Avdija.
4- Vassell.
5- Hayes.
6- Okungwu.
7- Wiseman.
8- Toppin.
9- Patrick Williams.
10- Rj Hampton and Tyreese Maxey ( Outliers tied). But again, Varying opinions from random fans of course may not align with front office plans. :lol:

I was reading the Hawks board yesterday and there were at least 3 posters who were saying they WOULD NOT trade Cam Reddish for the #2 pick and Eric Paschall. No one said they would I don't think. That was pretty surprising, though I guess it's understandable because Cam probably would have been a top 3 prospect in this class, despite his poor college career.

I don't know about your list...even the poll on their board suggests otherwise. I know the user King Ken loves Okoro though...no real good reason or analysis on it..just loves him....and he posts a lot on the draft board. He also argues that Trae is better than Doncic though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1842 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Kira is a top 25 prospect though...Lecque was undrafted. Is he good at anything besides dunking?

Kerrsed wrote:For those that want Kira because of his speed, what if i told you we could get a young PG that is "6’4.25 in shoes with a 6’8.5 wingspan and a lean 185-pound frame at the Draft Combine. Tested among the most explosive leapers in Combine history with a 35” standing vertical jump and a 43” maximum vertical jump. Effortless athlete with an impressive combination of speed and explosiveness." His strengths are very very similar to Lewis Jr (Speed, ability to get to the rim and score in a litany of different ways) and the same weaknesses (3 Point Shooting, finding the right blend between scoring and playmaking, defensive tenacity).

Strengths
Equipped with unbelievable leaping ability and quickness, he has all the tools to create highlight-worthy plays in the NBA. The New York native has a penchant for slashing through the lane and rising above the rim to finish with authority. Utilizing a lightning-quick first step, he gets to his favorite spots on the court with ease. Once in the paint, he routinely finishes through contact. Outside of half-court sets, he shines when his athleticism goes unimpeded on fast-break opportunities.

Defensively, he has an attractive wingspan for a point guard. In theory, he could easily switch between both backcourt spots and stymie forwards in short bursts on switches.

Weaknesses
His tremendous upside is overshadowed by his lack of polish. He has yet to display that he can consistently convert shots outside of the paint and there is little indication that he will develop that skill moving forward. Despite a frame and skill set that is favorable to the point guard position, he is more of a combo guard. It is possible he remedies that listing once he gains experience inside a traditional NBA offense. For now, his lack of experience can lead to hurried and indecisive moves against top-level competition. His defensive upside is largely tied to his favorable measurements and he will have to prove he can hold his own at the next level.

"The consensus is clear. He has elite athleticism that will translate to the league immediately."

National top-50 recruit by ESPN and Rivals.
Named MVP of the National Prep Championship Tournament.

He has good size for a primary ball handler, plus he’s fast and athletic. While he plays with the ball in his hands, he’s much more of a combination guard than a true lead guard at this stage. His quick first step allows him to get paint touches. He also has quick twitch muscles, is quick off his feet and is a tremendous leaper. At this stage, he’s at best in transition or attacking the rim. One of the most electric players in the class. The biggest area for growth is long-range shooting, as he struggles at this stage. He could also take care of the ball better and give more consistent effort on defense - where he has all the tools to be very good. There’s a lot of upside here.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,307

Post#1843 » by DirtyDez » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:28 pm

He doesn’t look as electric as it looks like he should be. Fox is a better prospect by two tiers however he’s probably #10 caliber this year.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#1844 » by Kerrsed » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:07 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Kira is a top 25 prospect though...Lecque was undrafted. Is he good at anything besides dunking?

Well attacking the rim is his specialty. Dunks, lay-ups, floaters. Lecque was a top recruit and had 25 offers from major colleges. Rivals had him ranked #39 in the 2019 class (7 spots behind Okongwu and Okoro), Lewis Jr didnt even make the list for some reason. ESPN had Lecque at #40 with a scout grade of 88 (The higher the better) and had Lewis at #45 with a scout grade of 87. So coming out of HS they both were ranked rather similar. He went undrafted because he chose to skip out on college (After he committed to North Carolina) and re-classify at the last minute. There was a rumor that he did so because he got a promise from a unnamed team that went back on their word. Teams passed on him because there was very little film on him and teams were also caught offguard when he decided to re-classify.

He is pretty much a top notch athlete first and foremost. Speed, strength, jumping ability. Good size and length. In the G-League they ran him out there as a 2 guard. So now its just about helping him solidify his 3 point shooting, re-teaching him about the intangibles to running the point and being less of a combo-guard and more of a well rounded PG. In HS he was running the point and averaging 20 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists, but when he left and went to the Brewster Academy they decided to take the ball out of his hands and make him more of a combo guard.

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,377

Post#1845 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:47 pm

Spoiler:
bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Capela...I was looking at the stats and games played here and for some reason he's not listed...must have been injured and he's 2nd to last on the roster. https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2020.html

I still think Okongwu would probably be a good pick, to have a cheap backup who could eventually take over after Capelas few years. With so many cheap wings taken in the last two drafts, Okoro or Vassell don't make total sense to me. I have read that a backup PG or combo guard makes a lot of sense and seen Haliburton's name mentioned. They don't really have a backup PG unless they re-sign Teague, but Haliburton makes a lot of sense to play with both and add some D next to Trae, could guard the PG.

Edit...I see Kerrsed mentioned Haliburton too, but I had read that he would fit well and I think they like him somewhere else and it makes sense since they don't have a backup PG, and have a lot of raw prospects and he is more ready to play.

Yeah, I don't expect them to really trade up for the 2. A lot of Hawks fans that I have talked to have Haliburton near the top.of there board. But I personally don't think he gets past Chicago if he's there at 4, As they're high on him too as an off ball playmaking defensive compliment to Lavine. Anyways, from talking to a few Hawks fans, There board is pretty much-
1- Haliburton.
2- Okoro.
3- Avdija.
4- Vassell.
5- Hayes.
6- Okungwu.
7- Wiseman.
8- Toppin.
9- Patrick Williams.
10- Rj Hampton and Tyreese Maxey ( Outliers tied). But again, Varying opinions from random fans of course may not align with front office plans. :lol:

I was reading the Hawks board yesterday and there were at least 3 posters who were saying they WOULD NOT trade Cam Reddish for the #2 pick and Eric Paschall. No one said they would I don't think. That was pretty surprising, though I guess it's understandable because Cam probably would have been a top 3 prospect in this class, despite his poor college career.

I don't know about your list...even the poll on their board suggests otherwise. I know the user King Ken loves Okoro though...no real good reason or analysis on it..just loves him....and he posts a lot on the draft board. He also argues that Trae is better than Doncic though.

Yeah, They're very high on Reddish and the majority of their young core. Some to the point of irrational valuation honestly. As for the fan board, I did say varying and random opinions......Yes! I do agree that Haliburton would be optimal for them opposite of Trae. But I personally ( Just my opinion) would believe that they go with either Okoro or Vassell, Should Haliburton be gone off the board by 6. There was mention by some fans that they believe that they already have a very potent scoring offensive core in Tre/ Huerter/ Reddish/ Collins. And many are hoping/ expecting for them to pursue/ sign Jerami Grant as there multipositional 3-5 option. Rather, That they'd prioritize a lockdown defender with playmaking abilities, But who could also bring the ball up and occasionally initiate the offense, Allowing Young to slide to the scoring guard position as an undersized yet dynamic scoring option.

Now I don't know if Okoro possesses the right attributes entirely to accomplish this. And there have been some that were highly torn on whether Vassell or Avdija would be better versatile backcourt options. Personally, I would have chosen Avdija at the 3 ( In a Gordon Hayward role) Because he can help bring the ball up and initiate the offense for them to help reduce the playmaking pressures on Tre. But again agree or disagree, I think that their front office goes with one of Okoro/ Vassell/ or Avdija, IF the Bulls ( Likely) draft Haliburton. :dontknow:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1846 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Spoiler:
bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Yeah, I don't expect them to really trade up for the 2. A lot of Hawks fans that I have talked to have Haliburton near the top.of there board. But I personally don't think he gets past Chicago if he's there at 4, As they're high on him too as an off ball playmaking defensive compliment to Lavine. Anyways, from talking to a few Hawks fans, There board is pretty much-
1- Haliburton.
2- Okoro.
3- Avdija.
4- Vassell.
5- Hayes.
6- Okungwu.
7- Wiseman.
8- Toppin.
9- Patrick Williams.

Yeah, They're very high on Reddish and the majority of their young core. Some to the point of irrational valuation honestly. As for the fan board, I did say varying and random opinions......Yes! I do agree that Haliburton would be optimal for them opposite of Trae. But I personally ( Just my opinion) would believe that they go with either Okoro or Vassell, Should Haliburton be gone off the board by 6. There was mention by some fans that they believe that they already have a very potent scoring offensive core in Tre/ Huerter/ Reddish/ Collins. And many are hoping/ expecting for them to pursue/ sign Jerami Grant as there multipositional 3-5 option. Rather, That they'd prioritize a lockdown defender with playmaking abilities, But who could also bring the ball up and occasionally initiate the offense, Allowing Young to slide to the scoring guard position as an undersized yet dynamic scoring option.

Now I don't know if Okoro possesses the right attributes entirely to accomplish this. And there have been some that were highly torn on whether Vassell or Avdija would be better versatile backcourt options. Personally, I would have chosen Avdija at the 3 ( In a Gordon Hayward role) Because he can help bring the ball up and initiate the offense for them to help reduce the playmaking pressures on Tre. But again agree or disagree, I think that their front office goes with one of Okoro/ Vassell/ or Avdija, IF the Bulls ( Likely) draft Haliburton. :dontknow:

You mention the Bulls for Haliburton for defense next to LaVine but they have Kris Dunn, one of the best PG defenders in the NBA (and Shaquille Harrison if they re-sign him). They could also re-sign Valentine who in some ways is similar to Haliburton and is a decent defender. They also have Arcidiacono and drafted Coby White last year.

To me, they seem most needy of a wing. Porter has been injured and they have a few bigs and tons of guards.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1847 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:21 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Spoiler:
bwgood77 wrote:

You mention the Bulls for Haliburton for defense next to LaVine but they have Kris Dunn, one of the best PG defenders in the NBA (and Shaquille Harrison if they re-sign him). They could also re-sign Valentine who in some ways is similar to Haliburton and is a decent defender. They also have Arcidiacono and drafted Coby White last year.

To me, they seem most needy of a wing. Porter has been injured and they have a few bigs and tons of guards.

Very true, They do have Dunn, AND Harrison, etc. But which of Dunn/ Harrison or even Valentine are on the same level of playmaking/ shooting efficiency as Haliburton? And also figuring in the importance of low cost rookie scale control in these difficult financial times? I actually do agree with you that a wing ( 3) would make more sense. But the Bulls, Are projected to have around 26 million ( IF Porter) opts out. And if he opts in ( returns from injury), Then yes, They should add depth ( Via draft) But had mentioned Valentine/ Hutchinson/ Harrison/ and even Dunn in that role. And could of course at times even have Haliburton ( 6'6) play spot minutes at the 3 with his playmaking, defense, length (wingspan). The point being that Haliburton gives them better shooting/ playmaking + defense than either Dunn or Harrison alone. It also gives them a very switchable, versatile backcourt to play around with. I mean they could run out a variety of lineups with Haliburton honestly:

- Lavine/ Haliburton/ Porter/ Markannen/ WCJ.
- White/ Haliburton/ Valentine/ Porter/ Markannen.
- Lavine/ Sato/ Haliburton/ Markannen/ WCJ.
They could also go all defensive:
- Dunn/ Haliburton/ Porter/ Young/ WCJ.
Or just go big:
- Sato/ Haliburton/ Porter/ Markannen/ WCJ.
Haliburton just gives them immense backcourt flexibility and versatility in their lineups. Doesn't it?

** Then they could address adding additional wing depth with their 44th pick ( IF they don't just look to add another pick via trade or by purchasing an additional pick too). But even at 44, They should very likely still have solid wing options such as:

Elijah Hughes/ Robert Woodward/ Jordan Nwora/ Kenyon Martin Jr/ Naji Marshall/ Trevelin Queen/ Tres Tinkle/ Jay Scrubb/ Lamine Diane'/ Christian Dolittle/ Malik Fitts/ Khalil Whitney, etc. So they do still have a variety of different options. But I'm again just mentioning what interests I've heard from varying fans. I suppose you could ask them on the Bulls board, Wherein they rank Haliburton, etc. But I have them absolutely taking Haliburton at 4, IF he happens to still there (Which he should absolutely be!)! :dontknow:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1848 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:36 am

Just gonna share a brief video or two of potential sleepers for the 2020 draft. Check them out, And see if there are any specific value prospects that you think might really benefit our team in a low usage role, Whilst adding depth, versatility.

So check out these video clips when you have some time to better familiarize yourself with potential steals in the 2ndcround that we might/ should strongly consider! :wink:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1849 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=09

Really good read! I think that Tre Jones and Malachi Flynn are both really intriguing late value floor general options. Both are really solid defensively. Both have really high basketball IQs' and really good metrics, And both are very good passers/ playmakers. IF we go with a big or a wing, Then either of Jones or Flynn could be a very solid backup guard option.

Read on Twitter
?s=09
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1850 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=09

Read on Twitter
?s=09
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1851 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:01 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2913808-how-high-will-2020-nba-drafts-most-popular-prospect-climb

I really just wanted to focus upon this specific segment of the article, As it pertains to the Suns draft interests with moving up, And with Toppin. :nod:

How High Will 2020 NBA Draft's Most Popular Prospect Climb?

JONATHAN WASSERMAN
OCTOBER 19, 2020

And then there are teams looking to trade up.

Scouts and agents have mentioned that the Pistons, New York Knicks, Phoenix Suns and Boston Celtics have expressed interest in moving up, though it's unclear who they'd target. The Suns and Celtics are motivated to win now and could view Toppin as an immediate contributor. 
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1852 » by Kerrsed » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:04 pm

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1853 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Great vids man!
Y'all know that Riller is my main man in a trade back scenario for a backup guard. That's not at all likely to change anytime soon. But I will say that both Malachi Flynn and Tre Jones are also very intriguing alternative options for solid backup guard options due to their maturity, poise, ability to control the pace/ flow of the game. With a calmness and focus usually seen only in battle tested veterans. So all in all, I'm pretty content with our options. Also really like Lewis. But am admittedly still a little higher on Bane for his strength/ versatility / High IQ/ Elite shooting from anywhere on the court.

Am curious though man, What's your thoughts on Reggie Perry, and his potential? And how would you rank his upside against Pat Williams or perhaps Xavier Tillman?
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1854 » by Kerrsed » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:02 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:

Great vids man!
Y'all know that Riller is my main man in a trade back scenario for a backup guard. That's not at all likely to change anytime soon. But I will say that both Malachi Flynn and Tre Jones are also very intriguing alternative options for solid backup guard options due to their maturity, poise, ability to control the pace/ flow of the game. With a calmness and focus usually seen only in battle tested veterans. So all in all, I'm pretty content with our options. Also really like Lewis. But am admittedly still a little higher on Bane for his strength/ versatility / High IQ/ Elite shooting from anywhere on the court.

Am curious though man, What's your thoughts on Reggie Perry, and his potential? And how would you rank his upside against Pat Williams or perhaps Xavier Tillman?

Its hard because i view Williams as a straight PF prospect. Lots of places have moved him to the SF category, but i dont think his shooting is that good and he will need to be closer to the basket. Now with that being said, im really not a fan of his. I think his draft stock is as high as it is due in part to his age and "Potential", but im not buying into that potential. He's a solid defender, but honestly thats about it.I'd much much much rather take Jalen Smith over Williams. I'd probably take Paul Reed over Williams as well.

Now im not too familiar with Perry. From what i see he is a bit of a bruiser. Uses muscle and his physical prowess against his opponents. I see the Poor man's Bam comparison, but i see almost a PJ Tucker minus the 3 point shot (But thats something he can work on).

Now Tillman i like. While undersized his play reminds me of a poor mans Marc Gasol. Tosses his weight around in the paint, solid defender, high basketball IQ and Motor, and an EXCELLENT passer. Now i mentioned Perry as a Tucker player, i think with Tillman he should really study PJ because his skillset pretty much limits him to C and Tucker is one of the best undersized C's in the league. I do also see a bit of Draymond Green in him as well, once again with the undersized defensive C with great passing.

I have no idea how i would rank Perry to those two as i havent seen/read enough on him.

Spoiler:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1855 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:59 am

Kerrsed wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

Great vids man!

Its hard because i view Williams as a straight PF prospect. Lots of places have moved him to the SF category, but i dont think his shooting is that good and he will need to be closer to the basket. Now with that being said, im really not a fan of his. I think his draft stock is as high as it is due in part to his age and "Potential", but im not buying into that potential. He's a solid defender, but honestly thats about it.I'd much much much rather take Jalen Smith over Williams. I'd probably take Paul Reed over Williams as well.

Now im not too familiar with Perry. From what i see he is a bit of a bruiser. Uses muscle and his physical prowess against his opponents. I see the Poor man's Bam comparison, but i see almost a PJ Tucker minus the 3 point shot (But thats something he can work on).

Now Tillman i like. While undersized his play reminds me of a poor mans Marc Gasol. Tosses his weight around in the paint, solid defender, high basketball IQ and Motor, and an EXCELLENT passer. Now i mentioned Perry as a Tucker player, i think with Tillman he should really study PJ because his skillset pretty much limits him to C and Tucker is one of the best undersized C's in the league. I do also see a bit of Draymond Green in him as well, once again with the undersized defensive C with great passing.

I have no idea how i would rank Perry to those two as i havent seen/read enough on him.

Spoiler:

Great post and thanks for the reply man. I agree on Williams. To me personally, I just see a Jeff Green/ Patrick Patterson outcome? :dontknow: I'd also have Smith and Reed ahead of Williams for their stand out elite attributes. Smith for his combination of floor spacing (37% from three) and elite rebounding and shotblocking. And then Reed for his elite shotblocking and potential switchability.

As for Perry, I get the poor man's Bam Adebayo comparisons personally, As he's got nearly identical measurements:

- Bam being - 6'9 255lbs. 7'1 wingspan.
- Perry being- 6'10 250 lbs. 7'1 wingspan.
Both are very thick and strong. Both are really mobile, Both have advanced ballhandling skillsets. And both are really good passers who can actually initiate the offense at times. And is improving upon his 3 or shooting too, Bam is much better, As he is much more aggressive defensively. And Perry at times just coasts on defense, And improved effort will be key to his success. But the potential is definitely there I think. Having said that, Perry is obviously nowhere near Bams' level of impact yet! But I do think he has enough potential to be fairly comparable in time, And with solid improvement/ effort.

https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-draft/nba-draft-prospects

Reggie Perry (C)

6'10  249 lbs  Mississippi St
 20.6 years old

Reggie Perry is a versatile big man who can do a bit everything.

His post-game isn't very refined, but he does have good touch around the rim. This is a bonus, especially because of Perry being a high-level rebounder. 

His soft-touch creates easy buckets out of nothing. As a shooter, Perry has shown flashes but no consistency of being able to stretch the floor. 

Due to his mobility and playmaking, Perry spends a lot of time on the perimeter, so if he can improve his jumper, he will become much more effective. 

The most intriguing part of Perry's offensive game is his playmaking ability. 

He is a solid ball-handler and a very good passer. The only problem is that when he is put under heavy pressure, he can be prone to throwing it away or making an awful pass. 

Defensively, Perry is an average shot blocker. Based on his athleticism, he should be more productive, but he is often late on rotations. Perry also struggles if he gets switched onto guards. 

The biggest concern with Perry is his inconsistent motor. 

If things aren't going his way, he can take himself out of the game and become ineffective by pure lack of effort.

Has similar characteristics to:

Poor man's Bam Adebayo, Wendell Carter Jr

Strengths:

Playmaking, rebounding, stretch potential

Weaknesses:

Defensive awareness, consistent motor, decision making, takes himself out of games

He's not at the Top of my power forward list, But I'd definitely consider him with a 2nd round pick in a small ball 5 type of role due to his playmaking ability and his ability to hit the three and initiate the offense at times. My current big board of 4/5 that are actually likely to be available at 10 ( or after) are:

1- Jalen Smith
Smith is just Elite as a shotblocker/ rebounder and is a high level floor spacer as well. He has a high motor and is a relentless defender in the post. He also has an improving faceup game. I still think he's got Serge Ibaka/ Larry Sanders type of potential.

2- Precious Achiuwa
(** His mobility, speed, and ballhandling skills are being highly underrated. If his offensive game develops more, Then you'd have a definite All star versatile defensive big man. He's like a bigger, stronger Jerami Grant/ more mobile Montrez Harrell with a 3 point shot? :dontknow:

3- Paul Reed
Reed is very elite defensively. He's a very mobile high level shotblocker/ switchable perimeter defender too. He has a developing mid range/ faceup game as well. If he can just improve his ball handling abilities and his shooting mechanics, He could have Siakim/ Better shotblocking Tyrus Thomas potential.

4- Reggie Perry
Perry is big, strong, very mobile and versatile. He's a capable 3 pt shooter, who is a good passer and an advanced ball-handler and a relentless elite rebounder. I believe he has the potential to be a mix of Bam Adebayo/ Better playmaking Julius Randle.

5- Jaden McDaniels or Poku?
Both Jaden McDaniels and Pokusevski are really high upside/ high risk prospects. Both are very long, Very mobile, very versatile, And have unicorn potential. But both have slight frames that really need to add strength and weight. McDaniels has Jonathan Isaac/ Rashard Lewis potential. And Poku has Andrei Kirilenko/ Kieth Van Horn potential.

As for Tillman, I agree. He's definitely very nice. He's got such a high basketball IQ and superb defensive awareness and passing skills. I definitely see the PJ Tucker comparison as he's super solid as a defender. But I also see a bit of Draymond Green in his high level passing ability and elite defense awareness too. He's yet another really good value depth option in the late first/ early 2nd round. I actually think there are quite a few late first - early 2nd round gems that would be great for our team to consider. Especially for adding low cost positional roster depth with intriguing upside. And potential to become high value trade assets or key contributors for us. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out on draft night. I for my part see the suns adding two maybe even three prospects, in the interest of cost cutting moves for added low cost depth ( Sarver). :wink:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1856 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=09
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#1857 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:08 pm

My month out mock that's probably useless because we'll see a lot of trades.

Min - if they can't move the pick I guess Edwards but I sure wouldn't do that.

GS- wiseman, I think the Lakers and Davis spook them into this selection if they can't find a trade

Charlotte- Ball, they have guards but still take the swing on ball. This franchise needs some juice so why not

Bulls- Deni, they could use a wing/forward and he's probably BPA

Cavs- Toppin, they could use a number 1 scoring option.

Hawks- Haliburton, I really like his fit with Young

Pistons- Hayes, upside pick and potential PG to build around

Knicks- Okoro, get Thibs a defender

Wizards- Okongwu, just going BPA

Suns - Vassell, fits Jones profile and opens up oubre trades

Spurs - Williams, might as well take a swing on an upside guy was they start to rebuild

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1858 » by Kerrsed » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:48 pm

Found this post kinda interesting:

Here are the list of non NCAA prospects who went in the lottery since 2010.

Enes Kanter
Jonas Valanciunas
Jan Vesely
Bismack Biyombo
Dario Saric
Dante Exum
Mario Hezonja
Emmanuel Mudiay
Kristaps Porziņgis
Dragan Bender
Thon Maker (HS)
Georgios Papagiannis
Frank Ntilikina
Luka Doncic
Sekou Doumbouya

15 total prospects
1 superstar
1 potential star
Couple role players
9-10 busts
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1859 » by Kerrsed » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:17 pm

My Current lotto mock (No Trades)

1. MIN: Edwards. Supposedly the best fit for the team. Supposedly star talent. Most other top 5 names just dont make sense fit wise.
2. GS: Ball. Has star talent. GS will grab him strictly for the value.
3. CHA: Wiseman. Hornets need a C, he has top talent, and the CHA Board love him. Insiders have also mentioned that CHA might trade up to make sure they land Wiseman.
4. CHI: Avdija. A favorite of Bulls fans. Definitely fits a need.
5. CLE: Toppin. High level Hometown Hero (Dayton). Looks to be Loves replacement.
6. ATL: Haliburton. Great fit behind Trae.
7. DET: Okongwu. They suck at drafting, but hit a homerun here. They get the defensive C they need.
8. NYK: Hayes. All their PG's are trash that cant score. High risk high reward.
9. WAS: Okoro. They need defense and wings, so they grab the best defensive SF in the draft.
10. PHX: Bane. Once again JJ says "Screw the mocks" and drafts the guy they like regardless of reaching.
11. SAS: Williams. Total Spurs kinda guy.
12. SAC: Achiuwa. Already looks good in Purple. Probably their best C prospect since Cousins left.
13. NOP: Nesmith. Gotta surround Zion with shooters, and he is one of the drafts best.
14. BOS: Smith. Celtics are great when it comes to drafting and here they get one of the steals of the draft. The rich get richer.
15. ORL: Terry. They need shooting and scoring from their 2 guard spot. Here they get Poor Man's Curry.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1860 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:32 pm

Kerrsed wrote:My Current lotto mock (No Trades)

1. MIN: Edwards. Supposedly the best fit for the team. Supposedly star talent. Most other top 5 names just dont make sense fit wise.
2. GS: Ball. Has star talent. GS will grab him strictly for the value.
3. CHA: Wiseman. Hornets need a C, he has top talent, and the CHA Board love him. Insiders have also mentioned that CHA might trade up to make sure they land Wiseman.
4. CHI: Avdija. A favorite of Bulls fans. Definitely fits a need.
5. CLE: Toppin. High level Hometown Hero (Dayton). Looks to be Loves replacement.
6. ATL: Haliburton. Great fit behind Trae.
7. DET: Okongwu. They suck at drafting, but hit a homerun here. They get the defensive C they need.
8. NYK: Hayes. All their PG's are trash that cant score. High risk high reward.
9. WAS: Okoro. They need defense and wings, so they grab the best defensive SF in the draft.
10. PHX: Bane. Once again JJ says "Screw the mocks" and drafts the guy they like regardless of reaching.
11. SAS: Williams. Total Spurs kinda guy.
12. SAC: Achiuwa. Already looks good in Purple. Probably their best C prospect since Cousins left.
13. NOP: Nesmith. Gotta surround Zion with shooters, and he is one of the drafts best.
14. BOS: Smith. Celtics are great when it comes to drafting and here they get one of the steals of the draft. The rich get richer.
15. ORL: Terry. They need shooting and scoring from their 2 guard spot. Here they get Poor Man's Curry.

Love the mock. Could definitely play out that way? :nod: By the way, No Vassell in the top 15??

By the way, What if...........

We did a 2 part trade though?
1- Phoenix/ Detroit:
Oubre for Kennard.

2- Phoenix/ Boston:
The 10th pick for the 14/ 26.
So we end up with Kennard.
14- Bane.
26- Tyler Bey or Paul Reed.

Or what IF we did this:
Phoenix/ Detroit/ Philly
https://tradenba.com/trades/M8MmX57hI

Or we could just keep Richardson and Oubre, And the 21st and 34th picks.
https://tradenba.com/trades/M4dQAHoJQ
- Richardson ( Defensive compliment to Booker).
21- Bane.
34- Paul Reed or Daniel Oturu ( 4/5)???
** Buy a mid to late 2nd for Sam Merrill or Tyshon Alexander?

Return to Phoenix Suns