ImageImageImageImageImage

What is this? An actual Steph Curry thread?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Re: What is this? An actual Steph Curry thread? 

Post#21 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Adding the body armor is clearly about giving Steph the protection he will need for what is likely going to be his most challenging regular season campaign as a contender. We clearly and rightfully expect to play well into the summer, but during the regular season we aren't likely to be blowing teams out in 3 quarters anymore. His minutes are going to go up, Klay's are probably going to be a little limited in the first half. The improved body will situate him nicely to handle the extra load, and still head into the spring ready to have his best playoff campaign ever. But handling an increased regular season minutes load is going to lead to him taking more of a pounding.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#22 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:57 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:Adding the body armor is clearly about giving Steph the protection he will need for what is likely going to be his most challenging regular season campaign as a contender. We clearly and rightfully expect to play well into the summer, but during the regular season we aren't likely to be blowing teams out in 3 quarters anymore. His minutes are going to go up, Klay's are probably going to be a little limited in the first half. The improved body will situate him nicely to handle the extra load, and still head into the spring ready to have his best playoff campaign ever. But handling an increased regular season minutes load is going to lead to him taking more of a pounding.

I think Kerr may commit to the youth movement and keep Curry's minutes down and accept that the games will be closer as a result.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#23 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:23 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:Adding the body armor is clearly about giving Steph the protection he will need for what is likely going to be his most challenging regular season campaign as a contender. We clearly and rightfully expect to play well into the summer, but during the regular season we aren't likely to be blowing teams out in 3 quarters anymore. His minutes are going to go up, Klay's are probably going to be a little limited in the first half. The improved body will situate him nicely to handle the extra load, and still head into the spring ready to have his best playoff campaign ever. But handling an increased regular season minutes load is going to lead to him taking more of a pounding.

I think Kerr may commit to the youth movement and keep Curry's minutes down and accept that the games will be closer as a result.

We arenā€™t going to be in a position to mess around with home court seeding. This will be a dogfight in a loaded western conference. Itā€™s going to be the highest stakes and most exciting Ws season of this dynasty. Hold onto your nutsak
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#24 » by HiRez » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:45 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

I'm all for keeping Curry's minutes limited, but if that's the case it sure would help to have a competent PG during those minutes, which IMO we do not currently have (and don't say Draymond). If we're not able to trade/sign one, then Haliburton makes a lot of sense. Yes, he's a rookie, but I think he could handle backup PG duties during the RS. He passes, he shoots, he plays defense.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:59 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

We arenā€™t going to be in a position to mess around with home court seeding. This will be a dogfight in a loaded western conference. Itā€™s going to be the highest stakes and most exciting Ws season of this dynasty. Hold onto your nutsak

Kerr and the Warriors may decide that being a top 4 seed is good enough. If they burn the vets huge minutes during the season they will be more likely to break down in the playoffs. Lessons they learned in the 73 win season.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:01 pm

HiRez wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

I'm all for keeping Curry's minutes limited, but if that's the case it sure would help to have a competent PG during those minutes, which IMO we do not currently have (and don't say Draymond). If we're not able to trade/sign one, then Haliburton makes a lot of sense. Yes, he's a rookie, but I think he could handle backup PG duties during the RS. He passes, he shoots, he plays defense.

I don't disagree ... I'm not sure Haliburton will necessarily be better than Bowman/Poole on their 2nd years as a rookie. Ideally the Warriors add Marcus Smart for pocket change with Boston trying to get under the cap and it solves a bunch of problems. (as long as I'm dreaming)
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#27 » by Mylie10 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:41 am

Haliburton is longer and taller than Bowman or Poole.
Khoee wrote ā€œ
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ā€
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:26 am

Mylie10 wrote:Haliburton is longer and taller than Bowman or Poole.

That is true. He's also slower has a more funky shooting motion.

But the point is is he better as a rookie than two 2nd year players who know the team and the scheme and the league and how to be a pro. I don't know.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#29 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:20 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Kerr and the Warriors may decide that being a top 4 seed is good enough. If they burn the vets huge minutes during the season they will be more likely to break down in the playoffs. Lessons they learned in the 73 win season.

I don't think wins are going to come so easy that we are a top 4 seed without grinding all the way to the finish line. I believe that the west is strong enough that we won't be able to coast for any significant length of time.
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man
And1: 719

Post#30 » by Jerry Maine » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:34 pm

Teams will still target us, looking for vengeance for seasons lost. We have our work cut out for us.

But I'd rather miss out on top four than run guys into the ground. See who we add this offseason, but whatever happens noone wants to meet this team in the post-season at full strength.
"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#31 » by Little Digger » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEITā€”Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#32 » by Hopper15 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:31 pm

Read on Twitter
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#33 » by ShayDee » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#34 » by Mylie10 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:45 pm

Ok Reddish and 6 for the number 2, Iā€™m in
Khoee wrote ā€œ
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ā€
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#35 » by Quazza » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:29 am

this wont be for everyone lol, but a 40th present to myself and something Ive wanted for ages ....Zombie Steph !!

(sidenote - I love zombie and horror books and my Steph love is fairly well documented ...)
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment

Return to Golden State Warriors