Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Re: Around The NBA 

Post#401 » by Southpaw » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:46 pm

It's crazy that Durant and Thompson hasn't played NBA level basketball now for 14 months. For comparison. Rose missed 18 months from his ACL tear to his first game back.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#402 » by MrSparkle » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:56 pm

Southpaw wrote:It's crazy that Durant and Thompson hasn't played NBA level basketball now for 14 months. For comparison. Rose missed 18 months from his ACL tear to his first game back.

Yeah, although mentally it is convenient to have a league-wide season shake-up due to the pandemic, whereas Rose had to sit and rehab fresh off an exciting and hopeful, young MVP award while the rest of his younger peers worked and surpassed him (Curry, Irving, Lillard, etc.).

At their ages, Durant and Thompson can retire happy. I think they appreciate the extra time off for the league. Plus as 3P sharp-shooters, while ACL/Heel injuries are a huge deal, they will be able to contribute without having to risk more injuries with aggressive plays towards the rim.

Rose was in a worst-case scenario.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Post#403 » by patryk7754 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:14 pm

don't know if its been mentioned but apparently, there's a really good chance Rose gets traded to the Lakers. If he does get traded there I'll be rooting for them but I was really hoping he reunited with Jimmy in Miami and they got one together.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#404 » by patryk7754 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Southpaw wrote:It's crazy that Durant and Thompson hasn't played NBA level basketball now for 14 months. For comparison. Rose missed 18 months from his ACL tear to his first game back.

All they've been doing is shooting. They might shoot 80% from 3 this season
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,205

Post#405 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:48 pm

patryk7754 wrote:don't know if its been mentioned but apparently, there's a really good chance Rose gets traded to the Lakers. If he does get traded there I'll be rooting for them but I was really hoping he reunited with Jimmy in Miami and they got one together.

Haven’t heard this what’s the purposed trade?
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#406 » by patryk7754 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:don't know if its been mentioned but apparently, there's a really good chance Rose gets traded to the Lakers. If he does get traded there I'll be rooting for them but I was really hoping he reunited with Jimmy in Miami and they got one together.

saw a bleacher report headline. Their source is an NBA GM

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-derrick-rose-to-la-more-likely-now-per-nba-general-manager/
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,775

Post#407 » by jc23 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:44 pm

sorry derrick, cant root for the lake show, never have never will. hopefully the rumor is false.
Be curious, Not judgmental
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#408 » by StunnerKO » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Lakers tried to get Derrick last year I just want him to get a ring before he comes back home
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#409 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:21 pm

StunnerKO wrote:Lakers tried to get Derrick last year I just want him to get a ring before he comes back home

It's very odd that teams seem to like pairing Rose with LeBron lately. :lol:
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#410 » by dice » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:59 am

patryk7754 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

saw a bleacher report headline. Their source is an NBA GM

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-derrick-rose-to-la-more-likely-now-per-nba-general-manager/

well, it suggests that derrick is a good candidate for the lakers because he has a good relationship with AD. so hopefully a lebron for derrick and filler deal is in the works!
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
troza
Junior
And1: 128

Post#411 » by troza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:43 pm

I really hope that Derrick Rose can get his ring... but not with the Lakers and not with Lebron, please.

If AD wants to play with him, let's bring him here and hope that we can have AD here in 1 or 2 years with good chance for titles.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#412 » by Chi town » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 pm

Per WT starting earlier makes so much more sense for the 2022 season. Glad to hear they aren’t delaying for fans in the stands. Hoping for Christmas /New Years but expecting MLK day weekend.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#413 » by kodo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:47 am

jc23 wrote:sorry derrick, cant root for the lake show, never have never will. hopefully the rumor is false.

I'm pretty sure the interest is real. This was a thing even at the trade deadline early this year, and was reported by Shams.
The other frequent rumor was Lavine.

Whether the Pistons or Chicago are interested in LA assets, I'm more skeptical.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#414 » by TheStig » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:12 am

Chi town wrote:Per WT starting earlier makes so much more sense for the 2022 season. Glad to hear they aren’t delaying for fans in the stands. Hoping for Christmas /New Years but expecting MLK day weekend.

Still shocked they're not pushing for Christmas. I know a couple month off season is tight but that's when the season typically really gets going.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#415 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:23 am

Starting the season early is good for the teams who missed the playoffs, the time off hurts young players trying to develop, but Denver/Boston/Miami/LA may not be too fond of starting early.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#416 » by ZOMG » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:54 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:Starting the season early is good for the teams who missed the playoffs, the time off hurts young players trying to develop, but Denver/Boston/Miami/LA may not be too fond of starting early.

I don't think they have anything to complain about. Playing in the bubble was a cakewalk compared to the normal wear and tear of an NBA season. Plus, they got rest before it.

I'm pretty sure most teams would like to start the season ASAP.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#417 » by ZOMG » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:15 am

Andre Drummond and the Cleveland Cavaliers remain "far apart" in discussions regarding a long-term contract extension, sources told Chris Fedor of cleveland.com.

Drummond has a $28.7 million player option for the 2020-21 season, though there was mutual interest in a longer term deal.

While the Cavs recognize Drummond's talent, the team is realistic about his flaws within today's pace-and-space style game.

Drummond would want to be compensated for missing out on the 2021 free agency period.

Sources add that the best case for the Cavs trading Drummond, should he opt in, would be to a contender at next season's trade deadline.

And just like that, another non-shooting 5 turns expendable.

It's totally mind-boggling that some Bulls fans still think we should keep drafting and signing these guys.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,521

Post#418 » by Andi Obst » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:21 am

ZOMG wrote:
Andre Drummond and the Cleveland Cavaliers remain "far apart" in discussions regarding a long-term contract extension, sources told Chris Fedor of cleveland.com.

Drummond has a $28.7 million player option for the 2020-21 season, though there was mutual interest in a longer term deal.

While the Cavs recognize Drummond's talent, the team is realistic about his flaws within today's pace-and-space style game.

Drummond would want to be compensated for missing out on the 2021 free agency period.

Sources add that the best case for the Cavs trading Drummond, should he opt in, would be to a contender at next season's trade deadline.

It's totally mind-boggling that some Bulls fans still think we should keep drafting and signing these guys.

And many people really thought the Cavs won that deadline deal.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#419 » by TheStig » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:21 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

And many people really thought the Cavs won that deadline deal.

I think they absolutely won the deal. They traded garbage and a 2nd for a legit starting center. Weather they come to terms with him is another story. I think Drummond can still be good but it's got to be on a team where he is sourounded by shooters and creators. Sort of like Clint Capela on the Rockets.

I do agree with you guys though that it lowers the ceiling of the team and isn't worth a max or near max salary spot. And I certainly wouldn't draft one with the 4. However I think Wiseman is a different beast from Drummond. If that's where this was going.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#420 » by kodo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:00 pm

Part of the hype on Wiseman is assuming he can shoot. He didn't show it in his few games in college, but neither did KAT or AD. In college if you are an athletic 7' 1" guy, your coach wants you near the rim period.

But it's just an optimistic look on Wiseman, there's obviously little proof he can be a NBA shooter.

Return to Chicago Bulls