ImageImageImageImageImage

Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#101 » by Mikistan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:15 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
yeah I'd much have Fred Van Vleet thinking he's the superstar :roll:.

That's finals MVP candidate and vote-getter Fred Van Vleet to you.

That one vote went straight to his head :lol:. Seriously though FVV & Siakam owe a lot to Kawhi and the championship run. No way they get the contracts they have/will sign without that chip. If they got knocked out in round 2 in 2019 is Van Vleet signing a Brogdon like deal? No chance. Same with Siakam the chip directly lead to a max deal. No way he gets offered a max a year in advance without that run.

Look i didn't love the Siakam deal - but the thing about max deals is that you need max guys or percieved max value guys to trade for other max value guys. Demar got that almost supermax deal, and even if he didnt deserve it because of defense etc, he still had that percieved perenniel all-star value.
With Pascal, he scored 31 in a finals game, won a ring as the 2/3 option night-in-and-out and Masai had to create a max contract value guy on our books. Pascal isnt as bad on D as Demar and at least has length and motor to always give us something there.

FVV - he was close to a 6man of the year candidate the year before as well as the kawhi year, and this year he started all 54 of hisregular season games and put up 17.6 ppg/ 3.8 rpg/ 6.6 apg, and 1.9 spg with 2.2 turnovers, shooting 39% from 3pt on 6.9 attempts per game with a 21% usage.

Im sorry but that stat line as a starter gets your Brogdon money. Yes.

For example Brogdon with less success than FVV in the playoffs ... averaged in MIL as a 64 game starter ---- 15.6 ppg/ 4.5 rpg. 3.2apg and 0.7 stls on 1.4 turnovers shooting 42.6% from 3pt on 3.8 attempts. on 20% usage

FVV's stats are arguably even if not better than MIL Brogdon before his contract and even if not better again for IND Brogdon.
FVV's shooting isnt great from 2pt range yes, but his defense is outright better and deserves value, he was in top 5 steals per game in the league like all year...
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#102 » by jimmy keys » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:26 pm

Mikistan wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
That's finals MVP candidate and vote-getter Fred Van Vleet to you.

That one vote went straight to his head :lol:. Seriously though FVV & Siakam owe a lot to Kawhi and the championship run. No way they get the contracts they have/will sign without that chip. If they got knocked out in round 2 in 2019 is Van Vleet signing a Brogdon like deal? No chance. Same with Siakam the chip directly lead to a max deal. No way he gets offered a max a year in advance without that run.

Look i didn't love the Siakam deal - but the thing about max deals is that you need max guys or percieved max value guys to trade for other max value guys. Demar got that almost supermax deal, and even if he didnt deserve it because of defense etc, he still had that percieved perenniel all-star value.
With Pascal, he scored 31 in a finals game, won a ring as the 2/3 option night-in-and-out and Masai had to create a max contract value guy on our books. Pascal isnt as bad on D as Demar and at least has length and motor to always give us something there.

FVV - he was close to a 6man of the year candidate the year before as well as the kawhi year, and this year he started all 54 of hisregular season games and put up 17.6 ppg/ 3.8 rpg/ 6.6 apg, and 1.9 spg with 2.2 turnovers, shooting 39% from 3pt on 6.9 attempts per game with a 21% usage.

Im sorry but that stat line as a starter gets your Brogdon money. Yes.

For example Brogdon with less success than FVV in the playoffs ... averaged in MIL as a 64 game starter ---- 15.6 ppg/ 4.5 rpg. 3.2apg and 0.7 stls on 1.4 turnovers shooting 42.6% from 3pt on 3.8 attempts. on 20% usage

FVV's stats are arguably even if not better than MIL Brogdon before his contract and even if not better again for IND Brogdon.
FVV's shooting isnt great from 2pt range yes, but his defense is outright better and deserves value, he was in top 5 steals per game in the league like all year...

The championship run raised everyone's perceived value. Siakam is probably still a max guy, just signs a year later.

Van Vleet is almost half a foot shorter than Brogdon, he is the biggest benefactor from that run. The perception of his value after round 2 last year was not good. Bouncing back in rounds 3 & 4 changed his perceived value. Nothing he did this past season raised or lowered his value.
Deadpool Raptor
Bench Warmer
And1: 872

Post#103 » by Deadpool Raptor » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:27 am

Shaazzam wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:Kind of strange for a grown ass man to want to live in his hometown that badly lol. I've lived most of my life in Toronto but would gladly move somewhere if it meant advancing my career, especially if I only had to live there half the year. So it's strange to me why you wouldn't play on the team that gave you the best chance to win, regardless if it wasn't near San Diego.

It's actually very normal, especially as people get older.

and not to kick down the misogyny door, but he does have a partner from the same area
so if both people want to be "home" that can easily become the primary requirement, especially with young children

This comment was so woke it was not understandable. What is the misogyny door? What does that have to do with having a partner? What does his partner have to do with young children?
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,920

Post#104 » by Senbonzakura » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:19 pm

SurgeIblocka wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Dude really just wanted to be home. No way we had any real chance of retaining him.

Kind of strange for a grown ass man to want to live in his hometown that badly lol. I've lived most of my life in Toronto but would gladly move somewhere if it meant advancing my career, especially if I only had to live there half the year. So it's strange to me why you wouldn't play on the team that gave you the best chance to win, regardless if it wasn't near San Diego.

Kawhi not only wanted to go home he also didn’t feel his best chance to win was in Toronto. He didn’t value his teammates and wanted Siakam traded for PG.

I guess he was right on Siakam but he was very wrong on PG. Im sure hell get the Clips to trade PG and get another star or hell go to the Lakers

No he wasn't. Siakam just isn't a #1 option. He works excellently as a #2 and played much better in the 2019 playoffs than Paul George did this year.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,254

Post#105 » by Shaazzam » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Deadpool Raptor wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
It's actually very normal, especially as people get older.

and not to kick down the misogyny door, but he does have a partner from the same area
so if both people want to be "home" that can easily become the primary requirement, especially with young children

This comment was so woke it was not understandable. What is the misogyny door? What does that have to do with having a partner? What does his partner have to do with young children?

Since you asked, I'll expand on my statement and provide some context.

First the context, quite frequently members of this board like to attack women for being women. Hence, me mentioning his partner, and any influence she may have on his decision may have the consequence of posters making misogynistic comments about her. Second, I used the word partner because I couldn't remember if he was married or not. And finally, I know they have at least one child. Can't remember if there are more.

Let me know if I require any further clarification.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
geminiz
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,431

Post#106 » by geminiz » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:55 pm

U shouldn't assume his partner is a woman, even if he/she/pronoun-to-be-determined is one biologically, he/she/pronoun-to-be-determined may choose to identify as a man or any member of the lgbtqqip2saa community. So implying the partner is a woman by default is wrong.
Shaazzam wrote:
Deadpool Raptor wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:and not to kick down the misogyny door, but he does have a partner from the same area

First the context, quite frequently members of this board like to attack women for being women. Hence, me mentioning his partner, and any influence she may have on his decision may have the consequence of posters making misogynistic comments about her. Second, I used the word partner because I couldn't remember if he was married or not. And finally, I know they have at least one child. Can't remember if there are more.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,254

Post#107 » by Shaazzam » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:59 pm

geminiz wrote:U shouldn't assume his partner is a woman, even if he/she/pronounce-to-be-determined is one biologically, he/she/pronounce-to-be-determined may choose to identify as a man or any member of the lgbtqqip2saa community. So implying the partner is a woman by default is wrong.
Shaazzam wrote:
Deadpool Raptor wrote:

I'm not willing to make that jump but thank you for the insight.

Edit: To expand on that, I am willing to make assumptions and then operate and make decisions based upon those assumptions. If those assumptions are proved to be wrong, then I will amend them and operate under a new set of assumptions. And while professionally I generally list my assumptions up front in order to provide context I will not do so in all my comments on a message board. If anyone feels any of that is wrong, that is their prerogative. If they can make a compelling argument as to why I should change my methods, I will assess and then act as I determine to be the best course of action that is in alignment with my principles.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,920

Post#108 » by Senbonzakura » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:39 pm

geminiz wrote:U shouldn't assume his partner is a woman, even if he/she/pronoun-to-be-determined is one biologically, he/she/pronoun-to-be-determined may choose to identify as a man or any member of the lgbtqqip2saa community. So implying the partner is a woman by default is wrong.
Shaazzam wrote:
Deadpool Raptor wrote:

K people need to start getting bans for posts like this. Reported.
pagal
Starter
And1: 2,078

Post#109 » by pagal » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:42 pm

Senbonzakura wrote:
geminiz wrote:U shouldn't assume his partner is a woman, even if he/she/pronoun-to-be-determined is one biologically, he/she/pronoun-to-be-determined may choose to identify as a man or any member of the lgbtqqip2saa community. So implying the partner is a woman by default is wrong.
Shaazzam wrote:

I think geminiz was point out how absurd Shaazzam's post was...

"First the context, quite frequently members of this board like to attack women for being women."
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,889

Post#110 » by ItsDanger » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:14 pm

Misogyny is hatred of women (word is greek). Misandry is hatred of men. The use of this term on this board is far too loose. Criticizing or making a comment about one person cannot be extrapolated to entire population. In fact, in doing so, what does it say about you?
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,026

Post#111 » by ontnut » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:37 pm

They build ya up just to tear ya down.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#112 » by johanliebert » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:29 pm

there was a similar piece last year from a raptors insider about kawhi last year.

this board scoffed at it but it looks like it was true. raptor players didnt like how he would take games off with no prior notice and he would sub himself out of games.
johanliebert
General Manager

Post#113 » by johanliebert » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:30 pm

ItsDanger wrote:How come his personal coach Jeremy Castleberry is never mentioned? If I was a player, that would annoy me more than this other stuff.

that type of stuff is par for the course in the NBA. he got his buddy a cheque..who cares the only people who should be offended are ones on the coaching staff.
johanliebert
General Manager

Post#114 » by johanliebert » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:38 pm

mdenny wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
sprewellchokes wrote: I love that about him. I’m still in shock that our former d league guy showed the two time mvp.Absolutely no respect on both evens in the finals.

I don't. It's immature. He thinks he's better than he actually is, which bothers me. He needed to understand there's a pecking order. What was he complaining about playing more? I would've told him to stfu.

Respectfully disagree. I think it's indicative of how real and down-to-earth Fred is.

If u watch the kyle/kawai post chip interview....it seems clear to me that Kyle is almost shocked Kawai brought it up. He looks like he doesn't know where it's going. And there were rumors that Kyle started resisting practices and pointing to Kawai when challenged on it.

So 1: I highly doubt Fred was the only one annoyed by Kawai (lots of spurs, lots of clippers were annoyed....seems strange only Fred would be here)

2: Even if Fred was alone on this...sounds like something I'd respect in general anyway.

For lowry to play that card indicates he also wasn't a fan of the preferential treatment. It wasn't just fred there was a piece about this last year which i cant find anywhere lol..people thought i was lying when i mentioned it last summer.

stars get the red carpet treatment but kawhi takes it too far.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,566

Post#115 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:37 pm

pagal wrote:
Senbonzakura wrote:

I think geminiz was point out how absurd Shaazzam's post was...

"First the context, quite frequently members of this board like to attack women for being women."

That wasn’t actually absurd. He decided to play along with the troll who called his post too woke, which was a very dumb post.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,254

Post#116 » by SurgeIblocka » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Senbonzakura wrote:
SurgeIblocka wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
Kind of strange for a grown ass man to want to live in his hometown that badly lol. I've lived most of my life in Toronto but would gladly move somewhere if it meant advancing my career, especially if I only had to live there half the year. So it's strange to me why you wouldn't play on the team that gave you the best chance to win, regardless if it wasn't near San Diego.

Kawhi not only wanted to go home he also didn’t feel his best chance to win was in Toronto. He didn’t value his teammates and wanted Siakam traded for PG.

I guess he was right on Siakam but he was very wrong on PG. Im sure hell get the Clips to trade PG and get another star or hell go to the Lakers

No he wasn't. Siakam just isn't a #1 option. He works excellently as a #2 and played much better in the 2019 playoffs than Paul George did this year.

Lol no, Siakam was not even a decent bench player the way he played this playoffs and in the bubble. Using Paul George as a comparison is the worst he has been a perennial playoff choker!

As it stands now Kawhi was right, its up to Pascal to prove him wrong. Because anyone with a pulse other than Siakam would have helped us beat the Celtics.
newsletter
Junior
And1: 421

Post#117 » by newsletter » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:36 pm

I don't think Kawhi would have brought up the internal issue thing in the post champ interview if it was about himself.
Perhaps it could have been something else like Delon asking for a trade which we know had happened.

Return to Toronto Raptors