ImageImageImageImageImage

Posted this on T and T. Kings are somebodies, Houston resets

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Posted this on T and T. Kings are somebodies, Houston resets 

Post#1 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:22 pm

Ok guys pick me apart. But the is is the type of big move deal necessary in the modern NBA to become relevant. And honestly I’m not cari g about any of the old who will/will not play here nonsense. They are under contract. It’s not an option.

Harden and pick your dead salary (anything but Westbrook)

For

Bagley, Hield, cap filler (at least one C but not Holmes) and unprotected firsts in ‘22 and ‘24

Go ahead and have at it. Reasoning is the Kings make the big move to finally become relevant and there is more than enough left around Harden/Fox (who actually compliment each other very well in the backcourt) to be an instant contender caliber squad with a few minor tweaks.

Houston rests with the potential of Bagley and the shooting/scoring of Hirld and gets back at least one serviceable big to retool the front court. They also get free of the salary cap he’ll that Fertita has left them in after the move for Westbrook, and it becomes his team and hopefully that galvanizes him back to MVP level play and they stay as relevant if not more so.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,498

Re: Posted this on T and T. Kings are somebodies, Houston resets 

Post#2 » by pillwenney » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:17 pm

For Houston to say yes this this, Bagley would have to have shown the potential that our FO was expecting him to show and not be so injury-prone. And even then, they probably say no. They would 100% get better offers.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#3 » by kb02 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:36 pm

I don't think the Kings should go in this direction. Harden has 10/11 years on Fox. Need a younger player, who will grow with Fox. Someone like Brandon Ingram.

That said, your proposal doesn't get it done. Best case scenario, Buddy gets you a late lottery/mid first. Although trade board seems to think the Kings have to add to punt him. Bags has a late first rating right now, because he's entering year 3, but has played less than a full year of hoops. The 22 and 24 firsts, with Harden on the KIngs, would be late firsts. So effectively, you're offering a bunch of meh firsts for a top 5 player. Houston says no.

I agree with Pilwenney that for the deal to work, Bags would need to stay healthy and show near all star potential. But if that were to happen, you wouldn't trade Bags.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:45 pm

The funny thing is... For a team like Houston one would have to think a package of

Bagley, Hield, #12, Future picks

is more appetizing than

LeVert, Allen, Prince, Dinwiddie, picks

Harden does have 2 years left on his deal, wonder if Monte has a good relationship with him? I've never liked Hardens game but can't argue with the results. Fox - Harden - Bogdan - Barnes - Holmes would certainly make the playoffs in the west.

Although this seems like it would never happen, just funny to look back on.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:42 pm

That'd create a nice backcourt but I'd be worried Harden wouldn't resign, making those unprotected picks worth even more.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Post#6 » by MarxyLebronist » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:28 pm

Rockets won't be wanting any of the Cs. They have two better than any Kings C already.
But this looks perfect and, frankly, makes both teams a more serious force to reckon with for 2020-21 and beyond. Indeed HOU gets future direction and player control with some on-court production they can bank on. Add in Parker, who is not a longterm piece and is perfect salary filler, and sure one or two draft picks.

Tune out the noise- Harden is still top 5. Gentry, Jackson, Dumars can help with Harden's mentality off the court. Walton may be out the door soon if things don't change. Great start last night from the players' wills especially though. No knock on Buddy at all, and he might appreciate a fresh start with a starring role alongside a truer pass-first PG like Wall and some great leaders in Lucas and Hornacek helping Silas get his start.

Return to Sacramento Kings