Who Should Be The Next Coach?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 824

Re: Who Should Be The Next Coach? 

Post#261 » by Pacersike » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:11 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacersike wrote:Modern Nate has some potential too. Whoever it gonna be, his impact will be minimal gain or loss.

The players have the key in their hands and antecedently Kevin.

All my therapists let me do almost all the work as well, no matter how fresh their ideas. It's amazing how much our society gives credit to others, while we hold the key ourselves all the time. Mother earth will keep us reminding about our own responsability.

So have our players the responsability to put up a better fight in the playoffs. Genius coach or my 3 years old niece coaching them.

This was Nate’s pure coaching style. “The players have to figure it out”. Is your belief we should just get better players for free instead, or that we should get a different coach that’s not a Nate style and helps the players figure it out instead? Your points contradict each other.

Which Nate style do you mean? :P
No, seriously, I believe that at the end of the day the players have to be able to connect the dots. Dots that have been given to them by a variety of people: assistants, veteran players, head coach. How they connect the dots is far more important than having a head coach who can magically inspire others with the best possible word combinations.

It matters, how a message get's delivered, but it remains just a message. The individuals players have to do most of the work, with their bodies and inside their heads. Old school Nate can coach a team to a ring, not a single doubt about that. Just look at Frank.
It depends a lot on the talent and mindset of the players. Of course, modern day players are less and less capable of pulling themselves in the right direction. Which is a pity IMO. Because they perfectly can figure it out themselves, with old school coaches.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#262 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Pacersike wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacersike wrote:Modern Nate has some potential too. Whoever it gonna be, his impact will be minimal gain or loss.

The players have the key in their hands and antecedently Kevin.

All my therapists let me do almost all the work as well, no matter how fresh their ideas. It's amazing how much our society gives credit to others, while we hold the key ourselves all the time. Mother earth will keep us reminding about our own responsability.

So have our players the responsability to put up a better fight in the playoffs. Genius coach or my 3 years old niece coaching them.

This was Nate’s pure coaching style. “The players have to figure it out”. Is your belief we should just get better players for free instead, or that we should get a different coach that’s not a Nate style and helps the players figure it out instead? Your points contradict each other.

Which Nate style do you mean? :P
No, seriously, I believe that at the end of the day the players have to be able to connect the dots. Dots that have been given to them by a variety of people: assistants, veteran players, head coach. How they connect the dots is far more important than having a head coach who can magically inspire others with the best possible word combinations.

It matters, how a message get's delivered, but it remains just a message. The individuals players have to do most of the work, with their bodies and inside their heads. Old school Nate can coach a team to a ring, not a single doubt about that. Just look at Frank.
It depends a lot on the talent and mindset of the players. Of course, modern day players are less and less capable of pulling themselves in the right direction. Which is a pity IMO. Because they perfectly can figure it out themselves, with old school coaches.

So you prefer we would have hired an “old school coach” and the players just figure it out themselves?

Also, Frank is a “new school coach”. He managed feelings and attitudes almost more than anything else.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 824

Post#263 » by Pacersike » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:46 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:So you prefer we would have hired an “old school coach” and the players just figure it out themselves?

Also, Frank is a “new school coach”. He managed feelings and attitudes almost more than anything else.

I believe in a giant pool of people who can all be succesfull as (basketball) coach. You, me, others, we can all be coaching others.

If old school Nate didn't want to make the switch in his head to manage players feelings more, Pritchard should have coached him better. Because we are talking about a mental switch here. Not easy to do, but perfectly possible.

So I would be glad with almost every hiring. Players can perfectly be less sensitive as well. Players in the past all agree with me, because they succeeded without it.

The best coach for everyone is yourself. Always has been and always will be. The personal capabilities of the players are much more decisive than being a old or new school coach. Pacer Frank, Orlando Frank, Laker Frank, he was always a very good coach.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#264 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:54 pm

Yeah, I’m out. :lol:

Return to Indiana Pacers