Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#521 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:18 pm

7footMONSTER wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's not mincing words. He wants to do what no one else has ever done: win a championship for the Nets.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#522 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
7footMONSTER wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's not mincing words. He wants to do what no one else has ever done: win a championship for the Nets.

I don't think I'll ever have to worry about him quitting on the team like D-Will. :nonono:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#523 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:22 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
7footMONSTER wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't think I'll ever have to worry about him quitting on the team like D-Will. :nonono:

Yeah. I don't have any of those concerns with kyrie.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#524 » by Paradise » Fri Dec 4, 2020 10:33 pm

Kyrie announces he will NOT do media interviews this season with national or regional media. Only written statements.

Read on Twitter
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#525 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 12:25 am

Paradise wrote:Kyrie announces he will NOT do media interviews this season with national or regional media. Only written statements.

Read on Twitter

I trust your inside knowledge, P. You may know more than the words here convey, I don't see anything that explicitly states he won't speak to media all season.

He did say he intends for his play on the court to speak for him this season, does this mean he FERSHER won't say a word on camera all season? I don't think he's painted himself into that kind of corner.

He probably will still do post game live interviews if he has a great game. He just isn't offering up himself for open-ended availability. Whether he arrived at this conclusion himself, or other players or the front office asked him to do it this way, it's a smart play to lessen friction and false narrative.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#526 » by MGrand15 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 1:22 am

I bet Kyrie sent that statement out just to troll the media. All of these guys are furious. Sincerely doubt the league lets him get away with it. It would open the door for other players to do it.

I feel for Kyrie. He says dumb things at times. But sometimes, he's legit just trying to give the media a good answer but ends up talking way too much. Media takes one thing out of context and it turns into a story for 3 days. He's not like KD just giving super short, grouchy answers. That would be 100% better.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#527 » by therealbig3 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 2:33 am

We can be honest, he’s being silly and drawing unnecessary attention to himself. Talking to the media is an obligation, you just have to do it. Refusing to do so or finding a loophole with written statements just puts the onus on your teammates to speak for you.

In my humble opinion.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#528 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Dec 5, 2020 2:38 am

If we win games, this becomes a non issue.

Frankly, I watched the media last season lie about him without any shame (Stephen A Smith). I could care less that a bunch of entitled hacks feel slighted because Kyrie doesn't want to talk to them.

Boo hoo. We win games they can't say **** so Kyrie's focus is okay with me

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,246

Post#529 » by Papi_swav » Sat Dec 5, 2020 2:58 am

uhh boy here we go. Bro just do the Marshawn Lynch "I'm just here so I don't get fined" at least. Now watch the media and Kyrie haters run away with this, not that I care but I'm just sick of the Kyrie bashing already.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#530 » by Prokorov » Sat Dec 5, 2020 3:02 am

MrDollarBills wrote:If we win games, this becomes a non issue.

Frankly, I watched the media last season lie about him without any shame (Stephen A Smith). I could care less that a bunch of entitled hacks feel slighted because Kyrie doesn't want to talk to them.

Yeah, I mean Kyrie has been assassinated by the media for 3 years in a row now. Ignoring 20 minute interviews to twise 5 seconds out of context on him. He isnt going to just say the cliche thing and he isnt going to let the media control the narrative

if he puts out full statements, there is no twisting it. this is a great move for kyrie. good for him, good for his teammates

Kyrie is a great dude doing alot of awesome things off the court for women, for minorities, for kids, for the poor. he is right. why let the media take away from that by twisting something he says into him hating his teammates or coaches or something like that.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#531 » by therealbig3 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 3:08 am

Prokorov wrote:

Yeah, I mean Kyrie has been assassinated by the media for 3 years in a row now. Ignoring 20 minute interviews to twise 5 seconds out of context on him. He isnt going to just say the cliche thing and he isnt going to let the media control the narrative

if he puts out full statements, there is no twisting it. this is a great move for kyrie. good for him, good for his teammates

Kyrie is a great dude doing alot of awesome things off the court for women, for minorities, for kids, for the poor. he is right. why let the media take away from that by twisting something he says into him hating his teammates or coaches or something like that.

But he’s not the only one that has to deal with that, nor does he even get it the worst...not even close. There’s no player in the history of the game that gets more stuff taken out of context and gets more media scrutiny than LeBron...and yet he still fulfills his media obligation.

It just draws unnecessary attention to Kyrie, and ironically achieves the complete opposite of what you’re saying: it gives the media a narrative they can spin into Kyrie ditching his teammates and making them speak for him.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#532 » by Prokorov » Sat Dec 5, 2020 3:26 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

But he’s not the only one that has to deal with that, nor does he even get it the worst...not even close. There’s no player in the history of the game that gets more stuff taken out of context and gets more media scrutiny than LeBron...and yet he still fulfills his media obligation.

It just draws unnecessary attention to Kyrie, and ironically achieves the complete opposite of what you’re saying: it gives the media a narrative they can spin into Kyrie ditching his teammates and making them speak for him.

Kyrie has no obligation to speak to the media. The CBA requires the following:

-Facilities be made available during training camp and practices to the media (no obligations for players/coaches to speak)
-Locker rooms made available 30 minutes prior to the start of the game. Coaches (but not players) obligated to speak
-Players must make themselves physically available (but are not required to speak) within 45 minutes of the end of a game
-Injuried players are required to make themselves available to the media 1 time during their injury period (do not need to speak)

Kyrie technically doesnt even need to issue statements. My guess is statements will be made before or after games if he wants to repsond to something. then show up to the podium. say no comment and leave.

good for him.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#533 » by Revived » Sat Dec 5, 2020 3:47 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Lebron is also the greatest athlete on the planet. He handles his business off the court as well as any other athlete in sports history as well.

To compare him on or off the court to the Kyrie is unfair to Kyrie.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#534 » by Paradise » Sat Dec 5, 2020 6:31 am

Prokorov wrote:

It’s also exposing the actual media personalities who actually think they are important. At the end of the day, they use tweets or post game comments to ridicule any coach, owner or star they see fit to run that narrative on.

Look at what Dwight Howard endured until winning a title with the Lakers and still enduring...it’s now fun to poke at Paul George and the Clippers right now and the facts are, people are waiting to destroy us for any reason going forward.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#535 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Dec 5, 2020 1:41 pm

Last season ESPN and several media dickheads took a quote out of context from Kyrie to create clickbait and manufacture fake controversy. I don't know how any Nets fan could have sat there, watched how disingenuous people like Stephen A Smith, Kendrick Perkins etc were, and then take issue with what Kyrie is doing here.

He has a target on his back. If he speaks his mind, he gets attacked. If he stays silent, he gets attacked. Putting out a written statement leaves no room for things to be taken out of context or spun into fake controversy.

I've seen this guy for the last year conduct himself like a genuine, good human being that cares for others and speaks with his actions. He cares about his community, he cares for the disenfranchised especially Black and Indigenous People of Color. He is a legit Nets fans, loves having the chance to actually make the Nets a championship team. I have no issues with him.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#536 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Dec 5, 2020 1:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:

And he does this stuff quietly and without fanfare. Dude was out there handing out food and other goods to people struggling right now the other day for Thanksgiving and the only reason we knew is because someone on social media caught him doing it.

The only thing I want Kyrie to do is lead the team on the floor, win games, and stay healthy to the best of his ability. Everything else i don't give a damn about

haosmoove
Junior
And1: 221

Post#537 » by haosmoove » Sat Dec 5, 2020 5:56 pm

A better way would be finding the handful of reporters/journalists that don't make up stuff and only do interviews with them.

edited for language
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#538 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Dec 5, 2020 6:13 pm

Kyrie is gonna do what he wants. Hes earned that right.

I'm confident he will perform on the court. Thats all that matters.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#539 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Dec 5, 2020 7:00 pm

haosmoove wrote:A better way would be finding the handful of reporters/journalists that don't make up stuff and only do interviews with them.

edited for language

It's hard to trust anyone who works for ESPN honestly. They tried to start nonsense before the season started last year about Kyrie not wanting to take off his hat for a photo. Is that really newsworthy?

They constantly look to create narratives for clicks and drama.

Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#540 » by Shark » Sun Dec 6, 2020 12:50 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
haosmoove wrote:A better way would be finding the handful of reporters/journalists that don't make up stuff and only do interviews with them.

edited for language

It's hard to trust anyone who works for ESPN honestly. They tried to start nonsense before the season started last year about Kyrie not wanting to take off his hat for a photo. Is that really newsworthy?

They constantly look to create narratives for clicks and drama.

There's also no way they wouldn't blow a move like that out of proportion. And there will be reporters/journalists that will hold a grudge over not having access to Kyrie and will still write negative things about him.

Return to Brooklyn Nets