ImageImageImage

Nuggets Trades

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#541 » by skywalker33 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:05 pm

If we're trading with HOU, I'd rather look at Westbrook than Harden, while not as good of an outside shooter, I think he can play better within our system than Harden, just my opinion.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Post#542 » by THE J0KER » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:10 am

skywalker33 wrote:If we're trading with HOU, I'd rather look at Westbrook than Harden, while not as good of an outside shooter, I think he can play better within our system than Harden, just my opinion.

Harden's supermax contract is actually cheap considering what he brings to his team. He is locked in Houston.

Westbrook playing for the same salary, and he not making big difference for a contender team. But Westbrook is able to make a playoff team with mediocre teammates and to sell tickets. Several lottery teams tired of not reaching the playoff so many times in this decade (Knicks, Pistons, Hornets...) would be interesting.

For example:

DENVER: Terry Rozier (OUT: Harris and Barton) [+salary cap relaxed -$15M]
HOUSTON: Devonte' Graham and Barton (OUT: Westbrook) [+salary cap relaxed -$25M]
CHARLOTTE: Westbrook and Harris (OUT: Rozier and Graham) [salary cap still under luxury]
skywalker33

Post#543 » by skywalker33 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:57 am

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:If we're trading with HOU, I'd rather look at Westbrook than Harden, while not as good of an outside shooter, I think he can play better within our system than Harden, just my opinion.

Harden's supermax contract is actually cheap considering what he brings to his team. He is locked in Houston.

Westbrook playing for the same salary, and he not making big difference for a contender team. But Westbrook is able to make a playoff team with mediocre teammates and to sell tickets. Several lottery teams tired of not reaching the playoff so many times in this decade (Knicks, Pistons, Hornets...) would be interesting.

For example:

HOUSTON: Devonte' Graham and Barton (OUT: Westbrook) [+salary cap relaxed -$25M]
CHARLOTTE: Westbrook and Harris (OUT: Rozier and Graham) [salary cap still under luxury]

Never been a Rozier fan, have always thought he was over-rated myself. I do see the salary cap savings here (if it's even a legal trade, not sure) but I'd want more compensation as I value the combination of Harris and Barton over Rozier and salary cap savings. Also, as a PG, doesn't he require the ball in his hand ALOT ?

skywalker33

Post#544 » by skywalker33 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:42 am

How about this one:

DET trades Rose and Kennard
DEN trades Barton and #22

Rose off the bench with Harris while Kennard could start at SG

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#545 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:54 am

skywalker33 wrote:How about this one:

:dontknow: MEH I think Denver is overpaying but I'm not a fan of Rose or Kennard. But okay, I won't cry about it.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#546 » by The Rebel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:57 am

With his contract and age there is no way I would do a deal for Westbrook. I would go after Covington and Mclemore though. Maybe a sign and trade with Plumlee along with a future pick for those 2?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#547 » by The Rebel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:01 am

THE J0KER wrote:

For example:

I don't mind Rozier, but I would honestly rather keep Harris and barton.

Also $15 million on the salary cap is nice, but it would still only leave us the MLE to sign guys with Grant and the draft pick's cap hold.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#548 » by The Rebel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:03 am

skywalker33 wrote:How about this one:

Kennard is too big of a downgrade from Harris defensively for me.

Also I think Rose and Kennard are both pretty overrated for what they bring.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#549 » by Richard Miller » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:54 pm

NuggetsWY wrote: But Harden needs outside shooters and mobile bigs. (So maybe we'd only have to trade Jokic. :lol: )

I don't like him, but he's also probably one of the smartest players out there, and I bet he and Jokic would figure it out for sure. Just no to Westbrick.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#550 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:29 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote: But Harden needs outside shooters and mobile bigs. (So maybe we'd only have to trade Jokic. :lol: )

I don't like him, but he's also probably one of the smartest players out there, and I bet he and Jokic would figure it out for sure. Just no to Westbrick.

You're probably right. He more or less made it work with Chris Paul and then Westbrook. He isn't really a selfish player although most fans like to think that. He's just so good that teammates & coaches want the ball in his hands.

I compare him to Jokic in that respect. Personally, I want Jokic to have the ball on every possession he's in the game - and multiple times on each possession.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#551 » by Richard Miller » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:25 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

You're probably right. He more or less made it work with Chris Paul and then Westbrook. He isn't really a selfish player although most fans like to think that. He's just so good that teammates & coaches want the ball in his hands.

I compare him to Jokic in that respect. Personally, I want Jokic to have the ball on every possession he's in the game - and multiple times on each possession.

True, I just think about all those jokic-generated wide open threes that Harris and Craig (and some others) were routinely missing, Harden would feast.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#552 » by TunaFish » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:26 am

The one position that they have to address by either trade or free agency is at power forward. Assume that Grant, Plumlee and Millsap leave. Assume Bol and MPJ are not the answer (for different reasons) . Who would you sign as a free agent or trade for in terms of a starting power forward?

I would be interested in Christian Wood as both a center and a power forward and he may not be an expensive free agent. Long shot but no trade is necessary.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#553 » by The Rebel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:04 am

TunaFish wrote:The one position that they have to address by either trade or free agency is at power forward. Assume that Grant, Plumlee and Millsap leave. Assume Bol and MPJ are not the answer (for different reasons) . Who would you sign as a free agent or trade for in terms of a starting power forward?

I would be interested in Christian Wood as both a center and a power forward and he may not be an expensive free agent. Long shot but no trade is necessary.

I saw those rumors earlier today. I like Christian Wood but I do not think he is a starter, he would make a good 3/4th big, but I think he struggles with a lot of the smaller combo forwards that most teams use at PF. If we could resign Grant and then sign Wood than we are in pretty good shape with Cancar, Bol, and KBD fighting for the 4th big minutes.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#554 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:12 am

The Rebel wrote:
TunaFish wrote:The one position that they have to address by either trade or free agency is at power forward. Assume that Grant, Plumlee and Millsap leave. Assume Bol and MPJ are not the answer (for different reasons) . Who would you sign as a free agent or trade for in terms of a starting power forward?

I saw those rumors earlier today. I like Christian Wood but I do not think he is a starter, he would make a good 3/4th big, but I think he struggles with a lot of the smaller combo forwards that most teams use at PF. If we could resign Grant and then sign Wood than we are in pretty good shape with Cancar, Bol, and KBD fighting for the 4th big minutes.

I've always been a Covington fan. He might be available.
I'm also a fan of Tobias Harris and he just might be available.

But the PF I want most of all, at least that is attainable, would be Jerami Grant.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#555 » by The Rebel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:48 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

But the PF I want most of all, at least that is attainable, would be Jerami Grant.

Oddly I am not a huge fan of Jerami Grant, but he does exactly what we need at PF in a league where Paul George, Lebron, and Davis are all in our conference and all play a lot of forward.

I agree Covington could be available, but if they trade him than they are going to want either a true big or picks, and I am adverse to trading picks and we have no bigs.

I am not a fan of Harris on his contract, he is paid true max money and would be at best our 3rd best player now and 4th once MPJ develops.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#556 » by The Rebel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:51 pm

IN no surprise to most of us, it looks like MPJ is totally untouchable, like don't even ask type of untouchable.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259942/Nuggets-Continue-To-Signal-Michael-Porter-Jr-Is-Untouchable-In-Trade

Also looks like Oladipo is not getting any worthwhile offers as teams see his injury, attitude, and lack of production since the injury as removing his value.
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259940/Victor-Oladipos-Value-Not-As-High-As-Name-Brand-Would-Suggest
skywalker33

Post#557 » by skywalker33 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:21 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Wouldn't touch THarris with a 20' pole, that contract is a cap killer !

Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#558 » by Richard Miller » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:03 pm

The Rebel wrote:IN no surprise to most of us, it looks like MPJ is totally untouchable, like don't even ask type of untouchable.

Well, I guess they would make exception for Giannis, but he's not coming anyway. :P Beyond that, it was totally nuts that some people (on GB and elsewhere) thought it's a good trade to get Beal or Blake (or some other has-been) or this year's draft pick in return.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#559 » by TunaFish » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:59 pm

The Rebel wrote:IN no surprise to most of us, it looks like MPJ is totally untouchable, like don't even ask type of untouchable.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259942/Nuggets-Continue-To-Signal-Michael-Porter-Jr-Is-Untouchable-In-Trade

Also looks like Oladipo is not getting any worthwhile offers as teams see his injury, attitude, and lack of production since the injury as removing his value.
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259940/Victor-Oladipos-Value-Not-As-High-As-Name-Brand-Would-Suggest

On MPJ, absolutely no surprise.

On Oladipo the issue is injury. We have seen the Nuggets grab rookies with injury issues, would they consider Oladipo? If they could get a good medical report, coupled with a cheap contract extension and the Pacers looking to dump him, then maybe. I think because of the medical issues, the Pacers are stuck (they can't get a satisfactory return).
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#560 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:49 am

TunaFish wrote:

On MPJ, absolutely no surprise.

On Oladipo the issue is injury. We have seen the Nuggets grab rookies with injury issues, would they consider Oladipo? If they could get a good medical report, coupled with a cheap contract extension and the Pacers looking to dump him, then maybe. I think because of the medical issues, the Pacers are stuck (they can't get a satisfactory return).

I don't think the Nuggets will be interested in Oladipo - it's possible because as you say, they've gambled on injured players before but he's got a more serious salary than a 2nd round rookie and our ownership isn't known for over-spending.

Return to Denver Nuggets