ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1081 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:50 pm

Certainly get Gallo if they can. No brainer. Prbably not going to choose the Warriors and cost himself $4M or more AND not be offered a starting spot.
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#1082 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:27 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
wco81 wrote:
TB wrote:Even with Gallo recent comments about wanting a title more than money, there is no way he signs for MLE... right?

I think Ibaka and Gallo gotta be 1 and 2 on the MLE dream scenario rankings.

My perfect scenario for next year now is:
MLE - Gallo
TPE - Oubre (send the minny 2021 2nd, GSW 2020 2nd, GSW 2023 2nd)
Trade - Kennard (use looney and the 2021 GSW 1st)
#2 - Wiseman
2nd rounder - Marshall

Start: Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Dray, Wiseman
Rotation: Gallo, Kennard, Oubre, Paschall, Chriss
Deep Bench: Poole, Lee, Smiley, Bowman, Marshall

If someone offers him say $5 million more with more years than the Warriors could offer him, of course he'd choose the higher deal. He might not have many years left earning millions.

If Lakers and Warriors or Clippers too offer him the MLE, which one does he choose?

Windhorst speculated that FA money will be scarce and there might be more ring chasers. Unfortunately for the Warriors, nobody recruits like Lebron.

Yeah, but play with LeBron and all credit goes to LeBron.

Yea but sign with the warriors and you are joining a 73 win super team with the most overrated players in nba history :wink:
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#1083 » by Kuya » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:05 pm

If we sign Gallo I would love to trade down to the 4-6 range and draft Deni. They would be a nice Euro force on the wings while Deni gets to learn under Gallo for a year.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#1084 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 pm

Kuya wrote:If we sign Gallo I would love to trade down to the 4-6 range and draft Deni. They would be a nice Euro force on the wings while Deni gets to learn under Gallo for a year.

Only problem being that the draft takes place before free agency, so you have no idea if you’re going to get Gallo when you’re drafting.....
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#1085 » by wco81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:21 pm

Probably a long shot but Batum is entering the last year of an albatross contract, with a player option over $27 million.

Maybe he would be a buyout candidate, though with his cap number, some teams might be willing to trade assets to have a big expiring contract.

Good enough shooter, now 31, but has good length for a wing player to be a key defender possibly.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1086 » by jason bourne » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:25 am

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#1087 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:24 am

wco81 wrote:Probably a long shot but Batum is entering the last year of an albatross contract, with a player option over $27 million.

Maybe he would be a buyout candidate, though with his cap number, some teams might be willing to trade assets to have a big expiring contract.

Good enough shooter, now 31, but has good length for a wing player to be a key defender possibly.

His name has come up before with the Mavs showing interest. It’s just never happened for whatever reason. He does fit the style of play so I could see the Mavs and him coming to an agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1088 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:07 pm

wco81 wrote:Probably a long shot but Batum is entering the last year of an albatross contract, with a player option over $27 million.

I like Batum as that bench leader/utility players, but there is no way he'd opt out of his player option and he's just not worth the money/cap options used to the Warriors.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#1089 » by wco81 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:13 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

I like Batum as that bench leader/utility players, but there is no way he'd opt out of his player option and he's just not worth the money/cap options used to the Warriors.

Yes he's going to opt in.

But Hornets will probably try to trade him and his big expiring number would be attractive to teams wanting cap space, though who knows if there will be big spenders in free agency after next season.

If they can't trade him, maybe Hornets buy him out after the trade deadline and he's a free agent.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#1090 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:05 am

Hmm, what about signing him as backup PG? Just finished the Chinese Basketball League, and itching to come back to the NBA. Definitely a feel-good story from a Bay Area local player's journey in the NBA, and potentially come full circle back to the Warriors. Where it all started for him. He still can ball.

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1091 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:31 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Hmm, what about signing him as backup PG? Just finished the Chinese Basketball League, and itching to come back to the NBA. Definitely a feel-good story from a Bay Area local player's journey in the NBA, and potentially come full circle back to the Warriors. Where it all started for him. He still can ball.

What kind of shooting numbers did he put up? Because I could think of a lot worse guys to back up Steph. At a vet min, he could be a good fit.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#1092 » by DAWill1128 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:44 am

I wish Lin had been here for his career, he would’ve been a good fit. At first I was surprised Lin fell out of favor for FVF but after seeing FVF and his progression I can see why. I think getting stuck in a 3rd string point guard situation, even though it was on a Championship team pushed him out of the NBA.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#1093 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:45 am

Mylie10 wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Hmm, what about signing him as backup PG? Just finished the Chinese Basketball League, and itching to come back to the NBA. Definitely a feel-good story from a Bay Area local player's journey in the NBA, and potentially come full circle back to the Warriors. Where it all started for him. He still can ball.

What kind of shooting numbers did he put up? Because I could think of a lot worse guys to back up Steph. At a vet min, he could be a good fit.

His 3 pt % isn't something to rave about (He was their go-to/#1 option; Wasn't really a shooter), but he's gotten to the charity stripe an average of 8 times a game. Not sure if that'll translate to the NBA since refs play favorites, obviously. Can't think of any other backup PGs to sign without going over the luxury tax threshold, but I'd consider him an option.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1094 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:53 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

His 3 pt % isn't something to rave about (He was their go-to/#1 option; Wasn't really a shooter), but he's gotten to the charity stripe an average of 8 times a game. Not sure if that'll translate to the NBA since refs play favorites, obviously. Can't think of any other backup PGs to sign without going over the luxury tax threshold, but I'd consider him an option.

Thanks for posting the numbers, I really appreciate it.

Just flossing over those numbers, they’re very good. And it seems as though he had to do a lot for his team. So he probably garnered a good amount of defensive preparation from opponents. Still shooting a high free throw percentage, which is good considering how many times he went to the stripe per game.

I think with less pressure on the Warriors, he could hopefully get that 3 point percentage around 36%, which I could live with.

Lin backing up Steph and GRob backing up Klay could be a couple of decent cheap contracts that really fit.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mambomuziki
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#1095 » by Mambomuziki » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:56 am

What do you guys think of Nerlens Noel he is a FA

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using RealGM mobile app
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#1096 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:02 am

Mylie10 wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Thanks for posting the numbers, I really appreciate it.

Just flossing over those numbers, they’re very good. And it seems as though he had to do a lot for his team. So he probably garnered a good amount of defensive preparation from opponents. Still shooting a high free throw percentage, which is good considering how many times he went to the stripe per game.

I think with less pressure on the Warriors, he could hopefully get that 3 point percentage around 36%, which I could live with.

Lin backing up Steph and GRob backing up Klay could be a couple of decent cheap contracts that really fit.

If you watch some interviews from Lin's time with the CBA league, he's blamed the refs for allowing the opposing defense to literally hurt / rough him up. So, he probably could have gone to the line like 15+ times!

I think he still has a bit in the tank. Let Linsanity 2.0 commence!
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1097 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:13 am

Mambomuziki wrote:What do you guys think of Nerlens Noel he is a FA

I love him as a last resort type of big man add. He’s a great shot blocker and it seems like his teams defense is good with him out there. I just haven’t looked it up.

But as a cheap late add, could be decent.
Khoee wrote “
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#1098 » by ShayDee » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:17 am

If he is our starting C, we are in trouble. Fit next to Draymond is questionable because of his non-offensive game. Like the lakers have no reason to guard him and it will be playing 3v5 in the playoffs
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1099 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:50 am

By the way Adonal....that video was whack! Lol
Khoee wrote “
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#1100 » by DAWill1128 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:59 am

ShayDee wrote:

If he is our starting C, we are in trouble. Fit next to Draymond is questionable because of his non-offensive game. Like the lakers have no reason to guard him and it will be playing 3v5 in the playoffs

That brings up a good point. One reason the Rockets were a tough team is because they wouldn’t bother guarding Jordan Bell or Looney and they would rest Harden on them and have him step up to help on drives or trap the ball.

Return to Golden State Warriors