Hot Takes for 2021!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Re: Hot Takes for 2021! 

Post#41 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:30 am

Mylie10 wrote:HOT TAKE: KAT is a douchebag

He may be but I feel really bad for him for losing his mom to Covid. Not saying you don't, I know it's a HOT TAKE but I can't help feeling for the guy.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#42 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:34 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:

He may be but I feel really bad for him for losing his mom to Covid. Not saying you don't, I know it's a HOT TAKE but I can't help feeling for the guy.

Yes you are right. And for that I feel bad for him, or anybody else affected by the virus.

I’m talking about him regarding the NBA
Khoee wrote β€œ
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
”
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#43 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:36 am

Mylie10 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:

Yes you are right. And for that I feel bad for him, or anybody else affected by the virus.

I’m talking about him regarding the NBA

Jimmy Butler and bench players taking him and the other starters apart in a scrimmage still makes me chuckle.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#44 » by Coxy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:26 am

Mylie10 wrote:I predict that KAT and DLO announce their engagement at the All Star game.....even though neither make the team.

With Devin Booker then announced as the page boy. Dlo wears the dress to the wedding.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#45 » by Coxy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:27 am

I have a new hot take to add.

Hot Take #2 - 1 of Bradley Beal or Aaron Gordon will be in a Warriors jersey next season.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:26 am

Coxy wrote:I have a new hot take to add.

Hot Take #2 - 1 of Bradley Beal or Aaron Gordon will be in a Warriors jersey next season.

Not sure how to feel about either of those.
Khoee wrote β€œ
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
”
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#47 » by Little Digger » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:05 am

I havnt seen a scrub (Gordon) get this much hype on here since?

Let me think about it..there’s a long history to sort through
ILOVEITβ€”Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#48 » by Coxy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:30 am

I'm not advocating either of those guys, however in trade they both fit as acquisitions with our assets going back out at varying degrees.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#49 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:39 am

HOT TAKE #3:

In a huge middle finger to the entire NBA, Joe Lacob proclaims they will use their vast superiority to take advantage of all small market teams and out spend them at every level. He’ll proclaim his belief in the long term success of his franchise and new arena, and claim that going for Titles is more important to him, the organization, and its vast fan base.
Khoee wrote β€œ
”
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#50 » by kingcong95 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:37 am

Mylie10 wrote:I predict that KAT and DLO announce their engagement at the All Star game.....even though neither make the team.

Swaggy P tries to sabotage it.
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#51 » by Jay 20 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:31 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Give your hot take prediction for Warriors players, or the team as a whole. Also drop a hot take for other teams and players next season.

My first hot take is that I believe Draymond is going to shoot right around 36% from 3.

8-)

This will happen.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#52 » by jamesnamida » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:09 pm

The league plays in Shanghai Disneyland and the Shanghai sharks somehow win the championship lead by Yao and Yi.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#53 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:43 pm

Coxy wrote:I have a new hot take to add.

That would be pretty awesome....

But I assume that would mean Wiggins and the #2 pick player would not? :)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#54 » by jason bourne » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:55 am

Coxy wrote:

With Devin Booker then announced as the page boy. Dlo wears the dress to the wedding.

DB is the real reason why TWolves are taking LaMelo. He's trade bait to the Suns for DB.

My hot take is James Wiseman will likely be traded to the Knicks for MRob + #8 + ?. Wiggins likely won't be with us for 2021. The Ws need to be rid of his contract to make moves. Maybe he'll be traded to the Knicks, too :lol: .
β€œThe most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#55 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:20 am

jason bourne wrote:
Coxy wrote:

DB is the real reason why TWolves are taking LaMelo. He's trade bait to the Suns for DB.

My hot take is James Wiseman will likely be traded to the Knicks for MRob + #8 + ?. Wiggins likely won't be with us for 2021. The Ws need to be rid of his contract to make moves. Maybe he'll be traded to the Knicks, too :lol: .

I and most Warriors fans in these parts are cautiously optimistic that Wiggins is ready to take the next step and be one of our "core 4".

I thought you were in that camp too? What changed?
The hottest of takes...
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#56 » by tarantism » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:39 pm

Maybe this isn't the hottest take, but I think Andrew Wiggins with no longer be perceived as a net negative by season's end and there will be a trade market for him heading into the offseason.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#57 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:24 pm

tarantism wrote:Maybe this isn't the hottest take, but I think Andrew Wiggins with no longer be perceived as a net negative by season's end and there will be a trade market for him heading into the offseason.

I think that happens by the trade deadline. Not sure they deal him then, but his perceived value might be increased some.
Khoee wrote β€œ
”
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#58 » by tarantism » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:45 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
tarantism wrote:Maybe this isn't the hottest take, but I think Andrew Wiggins with no longer be perceived as a net negative by season's end and there will be a trade market for him heading into the offseason.

I think that happens by the trade deadline. Not sure they deal him then, but his perceived value might be increased some.
I agree. I think they might end up keeping him through the year and maybe even as long as we have Steph and Klay. He's a good fit next to them.

Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#59 » by jason bourne » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:19 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Coxy wrote:

I and most Warriors fans in these parts are cautiously optimistic that Wiggins is ready to take the next step and be one of our "core 4".

I thought you were in that camp too? What changed?

Yeah, I saw Wiggins workout video and he looks great (could he improve his 3-pt shooting close to 36%?), but with Chase Center being partially filled, I think the Warriors will have to deal him. They need to get out of the lux tax. That's why that 2-for-1 deal with the Pacers looked so good. However, the reality is keeping him will cost the Warriors moves in the future. Thus, why not attach him to the #2 now and see what deals pop up? It may likely have to be during the season so any of LaMelo, AntMan, or Wiseman will have to be attached to Wiggins. Hopefully, the Warriors do not pick the bust but at least an All-Star type player. I suppose if Wiseman is the All-Star, then the Ws will keep him. Or what if Wiggins turns into a deep threat as advertised? 36%+ 3-pt shoote? Then he may have suitors just by himself.
β€œThe most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#60 » by xdrta+ » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:36 pm

jason bourne wrote:Yeah, I saw Wiggins workout video and he looks great (could he improve his 3-pt shooting close to 36%?), but with Chase Center being partially filled, I think the Warriors will have to deal him. They need to get out of the lux tax. That's why that 2-for-1 deal with the Pacers looked so good. However, the reality is keeping him will cost the Warriors moves in the future. Thus, why not attach him to the #2 now and see what deals pop up? It may likely have to be during the season so any of LaMelo, AntMan, or Wiseman will have to be attached to Wiggins. Hopefully, the Warriors do not pick the bust but at least an All-Star type player. I suppose if Wiseman is the All-Star, then the Ws will keep him. Or what if Wiggins turns into a deep threat as advertised? 36%+ 3-pt shoote? Then he may have suitors just by himself.

You're all over the place here. You want to get out of the tax (impossible) but make the trade with the Pacers? That trade , Turner and Warren, brings back slightly more salary than they send out with Wiggins. How does that help lower the payroll? And why would keeping him cost the Warriors moves in the future? None of this makes sense.

Return to Golden State Warriors