Warriors interested in Dwight Howard

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Re: Warriors interested in Dwight Howard 

Post#81 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:53 pm

ShayDee wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:ShayDee, you really think he can have a similar production as the Admiral right when gets into the league? I respect why and how you see Wiseman being great, but lets not get ahead of ourselves:

Yes if he goes to spurs,

Also what was David Robinson good at in college? Scoring(mainly through dunks and midrange), Blocking shots(rim protection) and rebounding. What is Wiseman good at the same thing

He averaged 0.8 assists in college but in NBA over his carrier he averaged 2.5 assists and became a more versatile player in terms of IQ, ball handling and better post game

Again, I don't mind if Warriors draft Wiseman. But, you're basically saying he should start taking away Curry and Thompson's touches/shots right out of the gates -- if he's that good right now. To me, he doesn't seem to have the natural feel for the game just yet. Along with not having a reliable go-to moves in the post. He'll take time to develop; definitely has the potential to be real good.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#82 » by ShayDee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:08 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:ShayDee, you really think he can have a similar production as the Admiral right when gets into the league? I respect why and how you see Wiseman being great, but lets not get ahead of ourselves:

Yes if he goes to spurs,

Also what was David Robinson good at in college? Scoring(mainly through dunks and midrange), Blocking shots(rim protection) and rebounding. What is Wiseman good at the same thing

He averaged 0.8 assists in college but in NBA over his carrier he averaged 2.5 assists and became a more versatile player in terms of IQ, ball handling and better post game

Again, I don't mind if Warriors draft Wiseman. But, you're basically saying he should start taking away Curry and Thompson's touches/shots right out of the gates -- if he's that good right now. To me, he doesn't seem to have the natural feel for the game just yet. Along with not having a reliable go-to moves in the post. He'll take time to develop; definitely has the potential to be real good.

Sorry if I post multiple times, but I edit my posts frequently if you can go back and read what I say. But this is the last form of context I will emphasize on the topic.

On this team Wiseman will be the 5th option. On the spurs, he will likely be the 3rd-4th option.

As the 5th option on this team, he will average 12/8/2 on 65% FG 68% ft% on 20mins/g, same with if he is on the celtics

on the Spurs with the same amount of mins he gets 15/10/3 with 2 blks about the same FG%

If he is the number 1 option on any team and that means taking at least 15 shots, he is a 25 ppg scorer in my opinion.

David Robinson was the 1st option when he played with the spurs in his rookie year and he averaged 24ppg on 15 shots

In college, even in 3 game sample when Wiseman was #1 option he averaged 20ppg on 9 shots

The way I see Wiseman on getting points, he has a knack for being in the right spots on offense, you say he doesn't have feel, but I say he gets to his spots, either for open dunk assists, mid range shots, hook shots or even dribbling passed opposing big men to get there. Wiseman will also be fouled alot, he is an elite finisher with extreme length. That is very very hard to guard on a player.

Take AD for example, he has a 7'6 WS and a very very good finisher. He is fouled alot because team cannot contain him around the basket because of his rebounds and dunks from assists. Wiseman will be on the same boat in my opinion. He will get offensive rebounds and the other team will foul alot

Anyways If we trade down, please Bob just get good enough assets and not spoilt goods. I will enjoy watching Wiseman terrorize our team for passing him, winning ROY and having a good carrier. Also Sam Vecenie said Wiseman has been dominating workouts against other prospect and current NBA players.

Sam Vecenie from the Athletic has been scouting Wiseman for many many years, I will trust whatever his opinion is on the matter. Whatever he is claiming from recent workouts and his overall scouting report on Wiseman indicates that he will be an excellent player in this league, of course as long as he goes to the right team and environment and his work ethic is very high
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#83 » by jason bourne » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:05 pm

ShayDee wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
0% chance they deal anyone of Tatum/Brown/Smart unless a superstar is available then it will be Brown/Smart. Hayward is the only player they will trade, along with all those useless young players on their roster.

Also no team wants to trade with Celtics. Danny Ainge has a history os fleecing people and FOs around the league are scared of him

Also no team in their right sense of mind will ever take Wiggins. It will take us at least 2 FRPs to get off his contract and I am not sure the FO will do such a thing for any non allstar player. No contending team will take Wiggins as well so people need to get those trades out unless it's a bad contract swap. E.g Hoford for Wiggins/CP3 for Wiggins/ Wesbrook for Wiggins/Love for Wiggins/ Blake for Wiggins like that

Then there is no use of picking James Wiseman at #2. I thought it's all about Wiseman as an All-Star in his third year like Bam Adebayo, but longer, better shot blocker, and a rim runner. It's out in the open now. I've been right all along. Wiseman is soft poo poo.

If not Wiseman, then no use of picking LaMelo Ball if he's there and trading Kemba Walker. I am sick of the weak ass Celtics and pussy faced Danny Ainge. They are feces and deserve to be beaten to a pulp by the likes of the Bucks, Raptors, Heat, Pacers, and even the Sixers next season and every season. The fans on the GB are emphasizing Bill Russell is overrated (played when only about 10 teams) and others like MJ and LeBron accomplished a more difficult feat getting their rings.

I'm okay with keeping Wiggins as I think he'll improve his 3-pt shooting and play some defense. The Celtics can keep their old man Hayward.

If the Celtics or Spurs want to trade up for a player, just know the player is very special. these teams hardly do those sort of transactions during draft night, so no your analogy makes no sense.

If Spurs draft Wiseman, just know he is the next David Robinson

You are out of your mind if James Wiseman is anything like David Robinson :crazy: . Robinson could shoot from outside and defend the perimeter. The Admiral will take Wiseman's ass out to sea, tie him to an anchor, and drop him like Dexter did to one of his kills.

Anyway, the Spurs don't have enough to move up to #2. They are offering Lamarcus Aldridge or DeMar DeRozan. Aldridge was interesting about six years ago, but is turning 36 next year. The Spurs are shooting for Onyeka Okongwu or Obi Toppin whom I'd be okay with trading down instead of drafting sawft poo poo at #2.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#84 » by ShayDee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:19 pm

jason bourne wrote:Image

You are out of your mind if James Wiseman is anything like David Robinson :crazy: . Robinson could shoot from outside and defend the perimeter. The Admiral will take Wiseman's ass out to sea, tie him to an anchor, and drop him like Dexter did to one of his kills.

Anyway, the Spurs don't have enough to move up to #2. They are offering Lamarcus Aldridge or DeMar DeRozan. Aldridge was interesting about six years ago, but is turning 36 next year. The Spurs are shooting for Onyeka Okongwu or Obi Toppin whom I'd be okay with trading down instead of drafting sawft poo poo at #2.

What does that clip of Rob dunking have to do with anything? You saying Wiseman cannot do that in a game lol? Anyways

An acceptable offer from spurs is a young guy like Murry/White + a future pick

What will most likely happen is we settle for only Murray to move to 11, which will be absolute **** and Bob needs to send his resignation

Also I will be really frightened if the spurs/celtics landed Wiseman
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by jason bourne » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:32 pm

ShayDee wrote:
jason bourne wrote:Image

What does that clip of Rob dunking have to do with anything? You saying Wiseman cannot do that in a game lol? Anyways

An acceptable offer from spurs is a young guy like Murry/White + a future pick

What will most likely happen is we settle for only Murray to move to 11, which will be absolute **** and Bob needs to send his resignation

Also I will be really frightened if the spurs/celtics landed Wiseman

DRob could just bump a smaller guy and throw his balance off or move him out of the way to get past him or to get his shot off down low. He could bump you slightly with his left hip and then drive right taking the baseline. One of the huge knocks on Wiseman is he didn't bump and rattle smaller guys around inside and take it to the hoop. Instead, he usually took fallaway Js. Wiseman didn't show any shooting or defending on the perimeter. Teams like the Hornets are just guessing at projecting what Wiseman can do. The Hornets aren't the Spurs are they?

Furthermore, we don't know if Wiseman is a hard worker or not.

Instead of guessing Wiseman as one of the top 3 picks, I rather trade down and go with Okongwu or Toppin. They are more know quantities in this tough draft.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#86 » by ShayDee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:57 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Furthermore, we don't know if Wiseman is a hard worker or not.

Instead of guessing Wiseman as one of the top 3 picks, I rather trade down and go with Okongwu or Toppin. They are more know quantities in this tough draft.

Na dude there are reports that spurs/Celtics/Clippers want to move up for Wiseman, not the hornets. If Jerry West/The spurs/Danny Ainge sees talent in Wiseman then he is the truth

Sam Vecenie has scouted Wiseman since he was like 16, He has said he is very intelligent and a hardworker so I trust his opinion more than you bud an whatever you believe

Also the reason why such teams want to move up is because in a normal draft ther is no way in hell you trade the #1 or #2 pick, unless you are getting an AllNBA player back. Like 0% chance. Those low teams want to move up because this is the one opportunity to take advantage of the stupid talent finding department and win now status of GS

You just never trade the top 3 picks unless an Allstar/All-NBA player, that's why I will detest whatever Bob will do with it
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by jason bourne » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:39 pm

Haven't heard any progress with Dwight and the Warriors.

However, the Celtics are interested in trading for Andre Drummond. Also, the Raps are in need of a C if Marc Gasol leaves.

What about Paul Millsap? These guys are available.

https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-4-players-toronto-sign-replace-marc-gasol/

ImageImage
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#88 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:00 pm

Why do so many users say things like "If Bob ... he needs to be fired/quit" usually listing some trivial difference between percieved values?

Are we not going to wait to see how things turn out first?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#89 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:38 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
ShayDee wrote:

Yes if he goes to spurs,

Is he really advocating that he take touches away from Steph and Klay?

I would be upset if any rookie we brought in was trying to take shots away from those two. The issue is those saying, “Wiseman is strictly a center” or “He will take three years to be able to help” blah blah blah.

I do think Wiseman has a much more versatile offense than what we should expect to see year one. We might see glimpses of shots from range, or breaking down a defender with his dribble. But really we want him doing the things that people are saying is the only thing he can do.

Shot blocking, shot changing, rebounding, screen setting, catching lobs, beating other bigs down the floor. Those are the things we want him to do year one, yet somehow people are pigeon holding him as only being able to do those things.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#90 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:46 am

Instead of showing David Robinson on the Spurs after college and a stint with the Navy, why not watch him when he was closer to Wisemans age

Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#91 » by ShayDee » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:37 am

Mylie10 wrote:Instead of showing David Robinson on the Spurs after college and a stint with the Navy, while not watch him when he was closer to Wisemans age

The team any prospect goes to is almost as important as the talent/potential the prospect has. If they go to an organization that will not focus on developing the right things then that kid is in trouble. Only some rare instances where the prospect is an extreme dog/hardworker would not let the team destroy his carrier(Like AD/Garnett etc)

The team Wiseman goes to is very important and I think his best 2 teams are GS and Spurs. Boston is another team. I have worries if he lands anywhere else
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:08 pm

ShayDee wrote:The team any prospect goes to is almost as important as the talent/potential the prospect has. If they go to an organization that will not focus on developing the tight things then that kid is in trouble. Only some rare instances where the prospect is an extreme dog/hardworker would not let the team destroy his carrier(Like AD/Garnett etc)

The team Wiseman goes to is very important and I think his best 2 teams are GS and Spurs. Boston is another team. I have worries if he lands anywhere else

This is so true. I've seen players start to blossom, then their coach gets fired and they fall apart and never get it back. Environment is absolutely critical to success for most draft picks and a major cause of a lot of the "busts" in draft history (obviously not all of them, some are bad picks and some are just not smart or driven enough to ever succeed).
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:15 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Is he really advocating that he take touches away from Steph and Klay?

I would be upset if any rookie we brought in was trying to take shots away from those two. The issue is those saying, “Wiseman is strictly a center” or “He will take three years to be able to help” blah blah blah.

I do think Wiseman has a much more versatile offense than what we should expect to see year one. We might see glimpses of shots from range, or breaking down a defender with his dribble. But really we want him doing the things that people are saying is the only thing he can do.

Shot blocking, shot changing, rebounding, screen setting, catching lobs, beating other bigs down the floor. Those are the things we want him to do year one, yet somehow people are pigeon holding him as only being able to do those things.

I agree, the question is, as always, will he have the best career of this draft because I suspect that is the main driving factor in people resisting Wiseman. He's very unknown compared to other prospects and that makes him scary.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,260

Post#94 » by Onus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:44 pm

The reason why Dwight would be good is because he’ll muscle AD around if we play the lakers. AD’s weakest matchup is against Embiid because of his physicality and quickness to keep up. Dwight can replicate some of that.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,895

Post#95 » by whatisacenter » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Instead of showing David Robinson on the Spurs after college and a stint with the Navy, why not watch him when he was closer to Wisemans age

who were those teams Navy was playing against in that video? Looked like a bunch of midgets next to the admiral.

one of the negatives people like to attach to Wiseman is his lack of lateral quickness on the perimeter but people need to remember that the dude is a 7' puppy who should only get more agile as he matures. Hopefully Wiseman can eventually replicate Robinson's nimble feet and quick second jump that is elite.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe

Return to Golden State Warriors