ImageImageImageImageImage

Ladies And Gentlemen, Tyronne Lue

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,127

Re: Ladies And Gentlemen, Tyronne Lue 

Post#81 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:52 am

nickhx2 wrote:whatever new things we have to complain about i'm sure can't ever be as bad as the dumpster fire that occurred during doc's reign.

You'd think, but I thought it could never get worse than Vinny. Or Dunleavy. Or most of the coaches we've had over the years, honestly. Then Doc turned out to be our worst coach yet. Lue coming in with a similar resume, similar red flags, and having been on Doc's staff already doesn't give me much hope for a better result.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#82 » by Captain Ballmer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:13 am

esqtvd wrote::rofl2:
wco81 wrote:That could happen but the Suns had a great run in the bubble because their young forwards Bridges and the rookie Johnson played so well.

They may not be as good as either KL or PG but they're a lot cheaper for the next couple of years.

You ask, we answer. :D If one of the finest two-way players in basketball history wants to join your team, you probably find a way.

Actually I hadn't thought about it until you brought it up and I checked the flight times: For an NBA zilllionaire, with a private jet you can be door-to-door from Talking Stick Arena to San Diego or Palmdale in under 2 hours, barely longer than it takes by car from Staples.

Money stuff aside, if I were a Clipper I'd be so out of here tomorrow. For Phoenix.

Let's make no mistake-- PHX is a live NBA destination if Kawhi sours on the Inglewood Ballmers. Kawhi risked maybe $100 milion to set up his contract with Ballmer with an escape hatch in Summer 2021.

I think we sold our soul. I feel nothing anymore and I don't think anyone on the Clippers roster does either. Whatever Doc built is gone. This is a corporation now, no more, no less. Who loves a corporation?

Question, WCO--Besides Kawhi and Zu--who's your favorite Clipper???

Good luck, Ty.

Doc shipped and the real face of this guy showed up. Great clippers fan(green font)
2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#83 » by esqtvd » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:44 am

DieHardFan wrote:
esqtvd wrote::rofl2:
wco81 wrote:That could happen but the Suns had a great run in the bubble because their young forwards Bridges and the rookie Johnson played so well.

They may not be as good as either KL or PG but they're a lot cheaper for the next couple of years.

You ask, we answer. :D If one of the finest two-way players in basketball history wants to join your team, you probably find a way.

Actually I hadn't thought about it until you brought it up and I checked the flight times: For an NBA zilllionaire, with a private jet you can be door-to-door from Talking Stick Arena to San Diego or Palmdale in under 2 hours, barely longer than it takes by car from Staples.

Money stuff aside, if I were a Clipper I'd be so out of here tomorrow. For Phoenix.

Let's make no mistake-- PHX is a live NBA destination if Kawhi sours on the Inglewood Ballmers. Kawhi risked maybe $100 milion to set up his contract with Ballmer with an escape hatch in Summer 2021.

I think we sold our soul. I feel nothing anymore and I don't think anyone on the Clippers roster does either. Whatever Doc built is gone. This is a corporation now, no more, no less. Who loves a corporation?

Question, WCO--Besides Kawhi and Zu--who's your favorite Clipper???

Good luck, Ty.

Doc shipped and the real face of this guy showed up. Great clippers fan(green font)

Great point. I see you're in Istanbul. From Istanbul? Either way, that's really cool. Have you ever been to LA? Or Phoenix? Because the subject here is geography and that Phoenix is a LIVE alternative for both Kawhi and PG if they want to bail from Ballmerville and don't want to become Lakers.

Do you disagree?
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#84 » by nickhx2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Kelphus
Senior
And1: 524

Post#85 » by Kelphus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:42 am

The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#86 » by esqtvd » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:10 am

esqtvd
RealGM

Post#88 » by esqtvd » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:51 am

nickhx2 wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30163596/la-clippers-court-chemistry-issues-due-lack-continuity

"I think when you talk about chemistry and continuity, it is not off the court, the guys not liking each other," Lue said in his virtual introductory news conference with reporters Wednesday. "When you talk about chemistry, it is more so [Paul George] came in and he had shoulder surgery, so he was out, he missed the whole training camp and was out the first 11 games of the season. Kawhi [Leonard] came in and couldn't participate in the whole training camp, and then we lost Pat Beverley, in and out of the lineup a few times."

Beverley, Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell all left the NBA's "bubble" in July because of the death of loved ones before returning and going through mandatory quarantine, which Lue said made it "hard to build continuity and chemistry."

same thing but different :lol:
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 524

Post#89 » by Kelphus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:22 pm

Let's give peace (and Tyronne Lue) a chance.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#90 » by esqtvd » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:06 pm

Kelphus wrote:Let's give peace (and Tyronne Lue) a chance.

not everyone out there is an idiot

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/10/16/tyronn-lues-biggest-challenge-not-xs-and-os-with-clippers-its-uniting-locker-room/
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,631

Post#91 » by KL2 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:06 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#92 » by playaloc916 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:37 am

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:pray:
Dan Craig would be huge. I actually had him as one of my top picks, but I didn't think he was going to leave Miami. Atkinson was another name I mentioned in one of threads as a guy who I thought could be an option.

Seeing as how the guy I wanted the most, Dave Joerger joined DOC of all people in Philly :banghead: , nabbing one of the assistants that have been recently interview for head coaching gigs would be big. Chris Finch is another guy who seems like he could bring some creativity to the offense.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#93 » by TucsonClip » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:12 am

Atkinson would breathe life into our player development. Let's even bypass the awesome job he did in Brooklyn, and go back to when he was Buds assistant in Atlanta.

Korver said he re-signed because of Atkinson and his player development. He was also responsible for transitioning Millsap into a threat from three, plus the development of DeMarre Carroll and Kent Bazemore.

He'd be an amazing hire for many reasons, but squeezing the margins working with guys like Shamet, Morris and Green, not to mention the young guys.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#94 » by nickhx2 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:54 am

these would be fantastic additions.
James2000
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#95 » by James2000 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:01 am

TucsonClip wrote:Atkinson would breathe life into our player development. Let's even bypass the awesome job he did in Brooklyn, and go back to when he was Buds assistant in Atlanta.

Korver said he re-signed because of Atkinson and his player development. He was also responsible for transitioning Millsap into a threat from three, plus the development of DeMarre Carroll and Kent Bazemore.

He'd be an amazing hire for many reasons, but squeezing the margins working with guys like Shamet, Morris and Green, not to mention the young guys.

This is huge if we can get Kenny Atkinson to the Clippers because of the fact the team needs someone to develop the talent here and maybe pull the best out of our stars. I am not familiar with the other guy though. How is he as an assistant coach? in addition, does these moves make the clippers a threat for the NBA finals?
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,631

Post#96 » by KL2 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:21 pm

Incredible. I didn’t think it would happen.

Read on Twitter
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#97 » by Forte IV » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:23 pm

TucsonClip wrote:Atkinson would breathe life into our player development. Let's even bypass the awesome job he did in Brooklyn, and go back to when he was Buds assistant in Atlanta.

Zu shooting 3s next year >>>>>>>>
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#98 » by Forte IV » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:24 pm

Read on Twitter

From an official Miami beat writer
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#99 » by playaloc916 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:30 pm

Wow...

I'll be honest, when Lue was announced as head coach, with Chauncey and Larry Drew as the assistants, I wasn't exactly celebrating. That's a pretty thin coaching staff. But with these two coming, it becomes a 180. Both of them I would've preferred over Lue, so to have them as assistants, and with Ballmer probably breathing down Lue's neck, I'm quite pleased.

I think I'm more excited about James Bond, because whatever they are doing in Miami, it's working. We need some of that in this organization. Atkinson is just icing on the cake.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#100 » by TheNewEra » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:34 pm

Yeah these coaches coming in has done wonders to raise excitement even by non fans

Return to Los Angeles Clippers