Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

2020 Draft Rumors Thread 

Post#1 » by yosemiteben » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:20 am

Yeah we're a month out, but I'm seriously jonesing for some juicy draft rumors.

Anyone?
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Re: 2020 Draft Rumors Thread 

Post#2 » by theGreatRC » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:41 am

I was telling the Wolves board that it's crazy we have NO news aside from what we already knew from months ago. It's the same info told in different ways..

We can't test these guys before workouts for Covid & meet in a neutral location? Or are teams just keeping everything close to the chest?
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#3 » by Catchall » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:38 am

I think the rumors that Minnesota and Golden State would like to trade back or trade out make sense.

It's no secret that Brooklyn has a two-year time window with Kyrie and KD and wants to make trades for vets.

It's no secret that the Clippers are going to shake things up, given that they already replaced Doc with Lue.

It's no secret that the Bucks are under pressure to make a move, but it's not clear what they can pull off.

It's no secret that Chris Paul is available.

It's no secret that the Lakers will try to get a guard who can shoot and create some offense.

It's no secret that several teams are losing money without gate revenue and might move contracts to save money if they're not competitive.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Catchall wrote:I think the rumors that Minnesota and Golden State would like to trade back or trade out make sense.

It's no secret that Brooklyn has a two-year time window with Kyrie and KD and wants to make trades for vets.

It's no secret that the Clippers are going to shake things up, given that they already replaced Doc with Lue.

It's no secret that the Bucks are under pressure to make a move, but it's not clear what they can pull off.

It's no secret that Chris Paul is available.

It's no secret that the Lakers will try to get a guard who can shoot and create some offense.

It's no secret that several teams are losing money without gate revenue and might move contracts to save money if they're not competitive.

yeah all teams are losing $ man and the small markets that rely on it heavily will be in the red if they are not already imo which is also why the trickle down will impact player salaries and easily have teams with 2nd round picks wishing this was a better draft class
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Post#5 » by DirtyDez » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:00 pm

Are the measurements private now?
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,277

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:15 am

Devon Dotson had a workout with Donovan Mitchell that reportedly went really well. I assume that means the Jazz were in control of that workout, but I don't know.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#7 » by KqWIN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:54 am

babyjax13 wrote:Devon Dotson had a workout with Donovan Mitchell that reportedly went really well. I assume that means the Jazz were in control of that workout, but I don't know.

Nah, just the same NY trainer that all the players see.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,469

Post#8 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:43 pm

Jonathan Wasserman wrote:Asking around the league, it seems highly unlikely Toppin will make it to the Detroit Pistons at No. 7.
Bleacher Report

My guess, he gets picked at #6 in a trade back for the Hawks.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#9 » by NotACat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:47 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Jonathan Wasserman wrote:Asking around the league, it seems highly unlikely Toppin will make it to the Detroit Pistons at No. 7.
Bleacher Report

I pray he does not fall to Detroit.
Black Lives Matter
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#10 » by pcbothwel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:09 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Bleacher Report

How does that work with Collins though? Unless they are trading Collins, Toppin seems like a doppleganger (But worse defensively)
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#11 » by Catchall » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:40 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Bleacher Report

How does that work with Collins though? Unless they are trading Collins, Toppin seems like a doppleganger (But worse defensively)

Toppin could be amazing in Golden State. He's like the PF version of KAT. Just sayin...
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#12 » by pcbothwel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:47 pm

Catchall wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote: Bleacher Report

Toppin could be amazing in Golden State. He's like the PF version of KAT. Just sayin...

Ahhh. I misread as that he would be picked by the Hawks at 6.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#13 » by King Ken » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:03 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Bleacher Report

I would love it if the Hawks took him at #6 which is honestly what I hope happens. The best prospect in this class to me outside of Ball. I am not sold on Collins like many in our fanbase is and it's not like the backup PF spot isn't a mess anyway.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#14 » by King Ken » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:07 am

pcbothwel wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Bleacher Report

I strongly believe Toppin is a much better offensive talent. He's not just a rim running finisher with elite movement chops. He can pass it extremely well, his movement is similar to prime Al Horford, and he has perimeter chops offensively that makes him extremely effective in a PPP based system which we run. I am extremely high on Toppin but for those who aren't, I can see why you don't like the pick but for me who is, I would LOVE the pick.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#15 » by doordoor123 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:47 pm

King Ken wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:

I strongly believe Toppin is a much better offensive talent. He's not just a rim running finisher with elite movement chops. He can pass it extremely well, his movement is similar to prime Al Horford, and he has perimeter chops offensively that makes him extremely effective in a PPP based system which we run. I am extremely high on Toppin but for those who aren't, I can see why you don't like the pick but for me who is, I would LOVE the pick.

Theyre different types of players, but Collins clearly has more upside. The issue with Collins is that he gets hurt so much, is his upside worth it? I'm all for Toppin joining the Hawks because I think he could be a good guy off the bench and sure, maybe to replace Collins after Collins is injured and Toppin has stronger production. I still strongly believe in Collins, but I totally get why anyone would be higher on Toppin.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#16 » by doordoor123 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Catchall wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:

Toppin would be a good fit anywhere with the skills he has. He's basically a do-everything type of player, which fills a lot of gaps for almost every team. He would be an amazing fit with the Denver Nuggets or the Pheonix Suns or the Miami Heat or the Orlando Magic or Portland Trail Blazers or the Oklahoma City Thunder, etc. Pretty much any team.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#17 » by King Ken » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:56 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:

Theyre different types of players, but Collins clearly has more upside. The issue with Collins is that he gets hurt so much, is his upside worth it? I'm all for Toppin joining the Hawks because I think he could be a good guy off the bench and sure, maybe to replace Collins after Collins is injured and Toppin has stronger production. I still strongly believe in Collins, but I totally get why anyone would be higher on Toppin.

I don't agree. Collins as of right now has a higher floor but Toppin has a higher ceiling.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#18 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:46 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#19 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:19 pm

Boston Celtics Expressing Interest In R.J. Hampton Ahead Of 2020 NBA Draft

Boston could go in several directions, but taking a chance on R.J. Hampton is one of the more interesting scenarios.

The Celtics had a good interview with Hampton and are looking to have an in-person workout with him in the near future, according to multiple sources. The Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor had the Celtics taking Hampton at No. 14 in his latest mock draft, and that would make sense for Boston on a few levels.

First, Hampton fits the mold of a typical Celtics draft target. We touched on this earlier in the week with North Carolina’s Cole Anthony, but Boston has an affinity for top high school prospects whose next step didn’t go as expected. What else? The Celtics need an offensive punch off the bench and have the luxury of being able to patiently develop raw, younger players. Again, the fit would make a lot of sense in Boston.
Forbes.com
neno
Rookie
And1: 918

Post#20 » by neno » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:44 am

pcbothwel wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Bleacher Report

It's true kids are call him obi wan the no D
With trae that's 3/5 your starters well below average defensively

Return to NBA Draft