ImageImageImageImageImage

John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III 

Post#1721 » by payitforward » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:59 pm

It's a treat to watch that gifted guy playing pain free & enjoying himself. Long may he reign!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#1722 » by prime1time » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:41 am

nate33 wrote:He looks just like the old John Wall. The big question is, how long will that Achilles hold up?

He looks better. Old John was afraid to shoot 3's. It's only pick up but he seems to be much more confident. I also think that the ability to be Robin to Beal's batman will help him. We'll see. John's presence on the team will make everyone better. And if he has genuine confidence in his shot he will no longer be wary of giving up the ball.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#1723 » by WizarDynasty » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:15 pm

This team is starting to look more and more like Detroit Bad Boys. Joe Dumars and Isaiah Thomas. Wall is Thomas, Beal is Dumars. Now we need our Dennis Rodman in this draft and Bill Laimbeer. I think we have our Mark Acquire with Rui.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
WizarDynasty
Veteran

Post#1724 » by WizarDynasty » Mon Nov 2, 2020 11:54 pm

See John out there balling with wiseman. Seeing if it is worth. I love John Wall passion as basketball player. He now ranks higher on scale than Gilbert.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Post#1725 » by Shoe » Tue Nov 3, 2020 6:43 pm

The only guys still on the original team that drafted them up to 2010 is Wall and Curry edit: and Haslem I believe they are the oldest survivors of a transaction league today. He is a staple here as a Wizard.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,903

Post#1726 » by TGW » Wed Nov 4, 2020 7:34 pm

;ab_channel=FuboSports
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#1727 » by doclinkin » Wed Nov 4, 2020 8:58 pm

That was awesome.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#1728 » by nate33 » Wed Nov 4, 2020 9:38 pm

It's interesting to hear Arenas talk about the game. You can tell he is extremely cerebral with a very high basketball IQ. Competition to him as just as much mental as it is physical. What's funny is that he does a lousy job explaining his thought process. He leaves out a lot of steps, assuming you already know what he is thinking. But he doesn't seem to understand that very few people think basketball on that level.
WizarDynasty
Veteran

Post#1729 » by WizarDynasty » Thu Nov 5, 2020 6:29 am

Awesome interview with Wall and Arenas. 2 of greatest guards in franchise history. Hope Wall is taking is heavy Glucosamine supplements for those knees every day.
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#1730 » by Shanghai Kid » Thu Nov 5, 2020 10:03 pm

nate33 wrote:It's interesting to hear Arenas talk about the game. You can tell he is extremely cerebral with a very high basketball IQ. Competition to him as just as much mental as it is physical. What's funny is that he does a lousy job explaining his thought process. He leaves out a lot of steps, assuming you already know what he is thinking. But he doesn't seem to understand that very few people think basketball on that level.

There is a thin line between crazy and genius. And I think Gilbert walks that line. There is some crazy in him generally speaking, but he does appear to have an extremely high BBALL IQ offensively. At least lately it seems like he's been putting his energy to good use and really helping out the younger generations in bball. I could see him as an assistant coach in the future.

It's also interesting to me that the league has moved in a direction where most of the star perimeter players play like mid 2000's Gilbert. Gilbert really can coach and give advice on todays game and players. You could literally drop 06-07 Gil in todays league with no prior planning, and he would fit in extremely well. If anything, he would take 10-12 3s a game instead of the 6-8 3s he was doing back then.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#1731 » by doclinkin » Fri Nov 6, 2020 12:05 am

Shanghai Kid wrote:
nate33 wrote:It's interesting to hear Arenas talk about the game. You can tell he is extremely cerebral with a very high basketball IQ. Competition to him as just as much mental as it is physical. What's funny is that he does a lousy job explaining his thought process. He leaves out a lot of steps, assuming you already know what he is thinking. But he doesn't seem to understand that very few people think basketball on that level.

There is a thin line between crazy and genius. And I think Gilbert walks that line. There is some crazy in him generally speaking, but he does appear to have an extremely high BBALL IQ offensively. At least lately it seems like he's been putting his energy to good use and really helping out the younger generations in bball. I could see him as an assistant coach in the future.

It's also interesting to me that the league has moved in a direction where most of the star perimeter players play like mid 2000's Gilbert. Gilbert really can coach and give advice on todays game and players. You could literally drop 06-07 Gil in todays league with no prior planning, and he would fit in extremely well. If anything, he would take 10-12 3s a game instead of the 6-8 3s he was doing back then.

Dot dot dot.

But yeah watching No Chill, he is still really savvy about the game. Oddly as a lifelong gym rat who studies player weaknesses, he'd be best at the player development stuff. It would take a ballsy front office to hire him to do it, but I could see the Nets pulling him in as he seems to be pretty friendly with Kyrie and KD. If Mike D'Antoni had a Gilbert Arenas level gunner on his squad, he would have destroyed the game early on. Maybe Gil can train some young cat up.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#1732 » by doclinkin » Fri Nov 6, 2020 1:32 am

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1733 » by Wizardspride » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#1734 » by queridiculo » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:25 pm

Chris Miller is corny, with the backhanded compliment..
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#1735 » by doclinkin » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:43 pm

True. These snippets are pure shots of adrenaline to Wizards fans. Like, is it possible an all-star becomes a MIP player? The only thing I wish in future offseasons is that he brings the young pups with him. If we saw Rui et al working like this, we would have daydreams of championships that actually mean soemthing.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1736 » by FAH1223 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:05 am

John looks really good. I'm not worried about his leg or his achilles. He's had nearly 24 months without playing pro-ball, rest, recovery, and training to be at as he says 110%.

I'm interested to see how he plays on DEFENSE. I'd love for him to return to being an ALL-NBA DEFENDER.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#1737 » by doclinkin » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:51 am

Wall is quick but damn KD looks good. So fast, so skilled. Also: is that Melo in the red t-shirt? He looks awesome. In shape. Like, I'd be willing to risk a contract to tutor Rui in how to do the thing.

Ooof 2:35 of this one. Wall working the defense over.

I'm ready for the season to start to-DAY.
WizarDynasty
Veteran

Post#1738 » by WizarDynasty » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:00 am

doclinkin wrote:

Wall is quick but damn KD looks good. So fast, so skilled. Also: is that Melo in the red t-shirt? He looks awesome. In shape. Like, I'd be willing to risk a contract to tutor Rui in how to do the thing.

Ooof 2:35 of this one. Wall working the defense over.

I'm ready for the season to start to-DAY.

Wall's hip bend at the 7 second mark looks a little scary and stiff. It's like when he is dipping his hips downward, he can't arch is back at the same time. He doesn't start to arch his back until he is already off the ground. Not alot of arch in his lower back before he rises into his shot. He might need to take a little more time to get his flexibility back. His elbow isn't at his eye socket, well below the eye socket. We might need to get a dynamic guard to take alot of load off of him. I think Wall should wear harden's shoe, they have amazing arch support for his heel.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#1739 » by doclinkin » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:54 pm

Read on Twitter
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#1740 » by queridiculo » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:22 pm

Good luck trying to get Wall to rest, it'll be nearly two years by the time the first pre-season games start.

Return to Washington Wizards