ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1321 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:30 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can we just skip to 2022 and call this kid up now? What a freaking monster! I can't wait!

Dude looks wider than a truck.

I'd be concerned with him playing CF. Stanton is barely 30 and he's a full-time DH now, this kid is only 17 and is built like a brickhouse.

It's the height factor that Stanton and Judge have which this kid doesn't have which is the potential injury issue. He's solidly built, but in a more compact form.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#1322 » by GEOLINK » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:17 pm

Polk377 wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can we just skip to 2022 and call this kid up now? What a freaking monster! I can't wait!

I'd be concerned with him playing CF. Stanton is barely 30 and he's a full-time DH now, this kid is only 17 and is built like a brickhouse.

Difference is Stanton is 6'6 and lumbering while JD is 5'11 with elite speed. He is a completely different creature.

Exactly my point. Dude is below 6 feet has to be nearing or at 200 pounds.

Reason he’s even fast is because of his youth. Once he gets a bit more wear and tear as he gets older the injuries will pile up.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1323 » by GEOLINK » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:19 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's the height factor that Stanton and Judge have which this kid doesn't have which is the potential injury issue. He's solidly built, but in a more compact form.

I don’t agree with this.

He should slim down, even if most of his mass is muscle. Just for the fact that he’ll benefit from not getting injured all the time down the road.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1324 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:48 am

GEOLINK wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Dude looks wider than a truck.

I don’t agree with this.

He should slim down, even if most of his mass is muscle. Just for the fact that he’ll benefit from not getting injured all the time down the road.

Not necessarily, the kid is only 17.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,021

Post#1325 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:03 pm

Clint Frazier is a 2020 AL Gold Glove finalist as a Rightfielder. Yes, I'm serious. The finalists were based purely an advanced metrics not opinions. :o
Read on Twitter
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,813

Post#1326 » by knicks94 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:40 pm

They must have confused Clint with Todd.The latter committed only 1 error for the Mets this season.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1327 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:41 pm

knicks94 wrote:They must have confused Clint with Todd.The latter committed only 1 error for the Mets this season.

:lol: I had to do a triple take to make sure I wasn't looking at some spoof tweet. But yeah apparently according to advanced defensive metrics, Frazier was one of the best 3 AL right fielders in this shortened season. While we know him as a left fielder, he actually played more games in right.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,813

Post#1328 » by knicks94 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:19 pm

moocow007 wrote:
knicks94 wrote:They must have confused Clint with Todd.The latter committed only 1 error for the Mets this season.

:lol: I had to do a triple take to make sure I wasn't looking at some spoof tweet. But yeah apparently according to advanced defensive metrics, Frazier was one of the best 3 AL right fielders in this shortened season. While we know him as a left fielder, he actually played more games in right.

Thunder was always a good fielder before his concussion. There was once a time he could even play centerfield.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1329 » by GEOLINK » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:25 pm

What if Clint wins a GG before Judge lmao
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1330 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:30 pm

knicks94 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Thunder was always a good fielder before his concussion. There was once a time he could even play centerfield.

Yep. I think my reaction was just based on so much overstated negativity about his defense. But yeah, he was a CF before and his defense before the concussion was fine.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,354

Post#1331 » by F N 11 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:32 pm

Full time starter and main piece with Gleyber going forward. keep working hard kid.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1332 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:46 pm

GEOLINK wrote:What if Clint wins a GG before Judge lmao
That would be something. If Frazier has a better season next season it could be interesting when it comes time to talk extension with Judge.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#1333 » by blue and orange » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:50 pm

moocow007 wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Yep. I think my reaction was just based on so much overstated negativity about his defense. But yeah, he was a CF before and his defense before the concussion was fine.

Yeah coming off the concussion he had a bit of the Bobby Abreu syndrome being near the outfield wall. After last year facing public embarrassment and being buried in the OF depth chart he has overcome that.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1334 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:43 pm

Best glove on the Yankees is Gio Urshela by far.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1335 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:48 pm

Urshela practically has been playing 3rd and short these last few seasons. He has ridiculous range.

On a sidenote these analytics nerds clearly don’t really watch players anymore and mostly look at stats on spreadsheets. How are you going to snub Jackie Bradley?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#1336 » by Papi_swav » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:24 am

What if we look into signing Yadier Molina then trading Sanchez after? Would you guys be down for that? Molina is still a top defender and is a vet, knows how to help pitchers, still can hit and alot better than Sanchez in making contact. thoughts?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1337 » by moocow007 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Papi_swav wrote:What if we look into signing Yadier Molina then trading Sanchez after? Would you guys be down for that? Molina is still a top defender and is a vet, knows how to help pitchers, still can hit and alot better than Sanchez in making contact. thoughts?

Molina would be the type of catcher that I'd be looking to add to pair with Higashioka for sure. The question obviously is how much he can get and whether he wants to leave St. Louis.

Molina had said that this past season was probably going to be his last. That was before Covid hit and now he's said that he want to play at least one more season. So it won't take a long term contract which probably works in the Yankees favor. But what works against the Yankees favor is that the contract that he's coming off of was paying him $20 million a year. While I'd imagine he won't get $20 million it's still probably more than the Yankees can afford (sad ain't it?). I'd say about $14-15 million. That would definitely price the Yankees out if their goal of not hitting the luxury tax is true. Plus the Cardinals, despite being in a relatively small market, has a lot of money from regional broadcast rights so it's not like the Royals or the Pirates where you can outbid them for someone that they like. Molina has been a Cardinal for his entire 16 year career and is one of the faces of their team. I can't see the Cardinals letting him go for his swan song season unless the Yankees go nuts with the contract offer (and we pretty much know the Yankees aren't going to).

More within reason (if they move on from Sanchez) is probably bringing back old friend Austin Romine. Romine was only paid $5 million last season by the Tigers. Figure with covid likely bringing free agent contracts down across the board, maybe at $3-3.5 million. That would make it right about where they would have to pay Sanchez next season. And they are familiar with Romine, know he can play in NY and between him and Higashioka they should be fine sharing the position. Figure Romine would probably start more games which is what he wanted when Sanchez was here.

Or they can look to do what I suggested (he he) and blockbuster Gleyber Torres back to the Cubs for Javier Baez and Wilson Contreras (te he). Contreras looks ready to earn his first Gold Glove at C, is only 27 and owed only $4.5 million. Baez gives them one of the best SS's in the game at a still reasonable (for his caliber of play) contract of $11.5 million. They'll have to worry about resigning Baez after this upcoming season but that's for another time. But it'll give the Yankees a potential GG middle of the field (with Contreras at C, Baez at SS, DJL at 2B and Hicks in CF). According to folks here, it appears that the value of this trade greatly favors the Cubs (due to contract situation) so the Yankees may be able to get a couple nice prospects as well.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1338 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:46 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Dude looks wider than a truck.

Difference is Stanton is 6'6 and lumbering while JD is 5'11 with elite speed. He is a completely different creature.

Exactly my point. Dude is below 6 feet has to be nearing or at 200 pounds.

Reason he’s even fast is because of his youth. Once he gets a bit more wear and tear as he gets older the injuries will pile up.

Actually in baseball, surprisingly the "stocky" types usually have less injuries especially early on in their careers but yes it almost always inevitably catches up with them later on in their careers...

Personally, I would prefer an outfielder be a bit leaner.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1339 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:49 pm

Papi_swav wrote:What if we look into signing Yadier Molina then trading Sanchez after? Would you guys be down for that? Molina is still a top defender and is a vet, knows how to help pitchers, still can hit and alot better than Sanchez in making contact. thoughts?

I dig: bringing in Molina for a couple of years, mainly for his defense and leadership. Dumping Sanchez. Keeping Higgy as backup. Signing Brantley to balance out our lineup. Getting a pitcher.

If we sign Molina, hopefully we'll have a catcher from the minors ready to go in a couple of years.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#1340 » by Polk377 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:07 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:

I dig: bringing in Molina for a couple of years, mainly for his defense and leadership. Dumping Sanchez. Keeping Higgy as backup. Signing Brantley to balance out our lineup. Getting a pitcher.

If we sign Molina, hopefully we'll have a catcher from the minors ready to go in a couple of years.

Molina is a shell of his former self. Higgy would be better at this point. I think that kid Seigler will be ready in a couple of years. Pure athlete. Could be our switch hitting Realmuto.

Return to New York Knicks