LaMelo Ball

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Re: LaMelo Ball 

Post#241 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Lol... Doncic had an AST% of 45% and TOV% of 14%... even without his ridiculous FTr, his eFg% was 53%... Lebron and Hardens career average is 55% and 52%...lol. What a terrible take.

This dude just hates Luka. The idea that his production is manufactured by refs and rule changes is absolute nonsense.

And Luka's advanced defensive stats are not even bad. This idea that he is a Trae Young level defender is nonsense.

But I am just pushing this topic off track. LaMelo sucks. There, back on track.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,929

Post#242 » by meekrab » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:39 am

He's going to be an extremely bad rookie, almost Austin Rivers tier. Wasting a lotto pick on this scrub will get a GM fired.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#243 » by doordoor123 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:26 am

Not declaring LaMelo is the next AI, but he's getting the kind of stigma AI used to get. He clearly has some special talent, but clearly wasn't taught to play the way everyone else is and it clearly affects his numbers. BUT he's still a teenager and has time to figure this out.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#244 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Not declaring LaMelo is the next AI, but he's getting the kind of stigma AI used to get. He clearly has some special talent, but clearly wasn't taught to play the way everyone else is and it clearly affects his numbers. BUT he's still a teenager and has time to figure this out.

Iverson was potentially the most athletic player ever for his size. Ball isnt anywhere close to the physical specimen that AI was. I have also seen none of the trademark toughness in Ball that AI displayed with regularity. Their similarities are being turnover prone, having poor shot selection and not having a consistent 3PT shot. But AI had traits that ball simply cant work on. I dont get how people forget how speical an athlete AI was. He probably would have been a 4.3 guy if he went to the NFL rather than NBA.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#245 » by doordoor123 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:21 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

Iverson was potentially the most athletic player ever for his size. Ball isnt anywhere close to the physical specimen that AI was. I have also seen none of the trademark toughness in Ball that AI displayed with regularity. Their similarities are being turnover prone, having poor shot selection and not having a consistent 3PT shot. But AI had traits that ball simply cant work on. I dont get how people forget how speical an athlete AI was. He probably would have been a 4.3 guy if he went to the NFL rather than NBA.

Im talking about his stigma, not his play or who he is as a person.

Its crazy how people go off the rails when you mention an nba player as if im comparing them. This happens all the time here for some reason. Read between the lines.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#246 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:15 pm

IDK. AI had a stigma from a racially charged brawl or something. He literally went to jail in HS over it, his mom was 15 and single, his dad was caught dealing drugs in front of him at a young age. He had a tough childhood and some people though he was going to be unable to get away from the 'street' life, which was accurate in part. But he was as tough as they come and never let adversity get to him. And by all accounts his teammates really loved him as a person, even if he was at times selfish as a player.

People see Ball as a spoiled, coddled star-from-birth who hasnt seen an inch of true adversity. He is a middle class kid from a stable family with a Todd Marinovich style father. His stigma is completely different from Iversons.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#247 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:52 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

IDK. AI had a stigma from a racially charged brawl or something. He literally went to jail in HS over it, his mom was 15 and single, his dad was caught dealing drugs in front of him at a young age. He had a tough childhood and some people though he was going to be unable to get away from the 'street' life, which was accurate in part. But he was as tough as they come and never let adversity get to him. And by all accounts his teammates really loved him as a person, even if he was at times selfish as a player.

People see Ball as a spoiled, coddled star-from-birth who hasnt seen an inch of true adversity. He is a middle class kid from a stable family with a Todd Marinovich style father. His stigma is completely different from Iversons.

Yea, there really isn’t a parallel between AI and Lamelo at all. Not from a size, ability, play style, demeanor, upbringing, background... there is nothing to link them. They are two guys at a similar position but might be polar opposites in every way.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#248 » by doordoor123 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:24 am

They’re opposites, sure, but both have a strong stigma
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,238

Post#249 » by amcoolio » Sat Jan 2, 2021 1:23 am

meekrab wrote:He's going to be an extremely bad rookie, almost Austin Rivers tier. Wasting a lotto pick on this scrub will get a GM fired.

Yikes, he's already one of the Hornets best players and certainly their best playmaker and shooting 50% from 3

clyde21 wrote:ROTY so far by a pretty decent margin

I agree
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#250 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 1:29 am

^ why are you misquoting me?
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#251 » by EvanZ » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:10 am

This is your ROY.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

LaMelo Ball 

Post#252 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:13 am

Even with a poor shooting night tonight, he looks like he can handle NBA physicality better than I expected and I’m more impressed with his start than I thought I’d be.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,704

Post#253 » by KembaWalker » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:22 pm

just wait till they actually give him the keys :o
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#254 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:57 am

Clearly the favorite for ROY going forward.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#255 » by SNPA » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:35 am

EvanZ wrote:Clearly the favorite for ROY going forward.

Must have a lot riding on this bet.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#256 » by MemphisX » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:49 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#257 » by baldur » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:02 am

SNPA wrote:

Who is yours?
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#258 » by No-Man » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:11 pm

It's going to be Melo cause he will end up starting soon enough, Haliburton prob 2nd
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#259 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:03 pm

SNPA wrote:

I don't gamble.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#260 » by No-Man » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:12 pm

He needs to start over Graham who has been horrible, and he should in time, he is Charlotte's 2nd best player already

Return to NBA Draft