ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi and Paul George

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

James2000
Sophomore
And1: 27

Kawhi and Paul George 

Post#1 » by James2000 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:10 am

All I am happy that we finally got a new coach, but here is a question. Since we are hearing rumors about the assistant coaches and etc, how would these coaches make Kawhi and Paul george go to a new level? Also, What Kawhi needs to do in order to get better?
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Kawhi and Paul George 

Post#2 » by TheNewEra » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:16 am

Atkinson is supposed to make all the role players better and Lue is suppose to keep the main guys accountable. Billups might be the tough love guy that rides hard for the Green, Zubac, and keeps Morris in check. Chauncey should tell Shamet to work with Rip Hamilton
James2000
Sophomore

Post#3 » by James2000 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:33 am

TheNewEra wrote:Atkinson is supposed to make all the role players better and Lue is suppose to keep the main guys accountable. Billups might be the tough love guy that rides hard for the Green, Zubac, and keeps Morris in check. Chauncey should tell Shamet to work with Rip Hamilton

That is a good idea to have Shamet work with Rip Hamilton. Rip was an awesome shooting guard and with Shamet working with Rip, that should greatly improve Shamet development. I wonder if Zubac should work with Ben Wallace or Rasheed Wallace because they were good players or maybe get whoever's a good big man coach...
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#4 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:39 am

James2000 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Atkinson is supposed to make all the role players better and Lue is suppose to keep the main guys accountable. Billups might be the tough love guy that rides hard for the Green, Zubac, and keeps Morris in check. Chauncey should tell Shamet to work with Rip Hamilton

That is a good idea to have Shamet work with Rip Hamilton. Rip was an awesome shooting guard and with Shamet working with Rip, that should greatly improve Shamet development. I wonder if Zubac should work with Ben Wallace or Rasheed Wallace because they were good players or maybe get whoever's a good big man coach...

Rasheed really helped Drummond develop

Perhaps Chauncey could convince Sheed to come in as a big man coach. Sheed is currently a high school coach in North Carolina, but maybe he would be willing to help his buddy out
James2000
Sophomore

Post#5 » by James2000 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:50 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
James2000 wrote:

Perhaps Chauncey could convince Sheed to come in as a big man coach. Sheed is currently a high school coach in North Carolina, but maybe he would be willing to help his buddy out

That would be really good. who was Larry Brown big man coach?
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#6 » by TheNewEra » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:34 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
James2000 wrote:

Yeah as far as big man trainers we only had like half a season of Garnett.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#7 » by esqtvd » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:04 am

James2000 wrote:All I am happy that we finally got a new coach, but here is a question. Since we are hearing rumors about the assistant coaches and etc, how would these coaches make Kawhi and Paul george go to a new level? Also, What Kawhi needs to do in order to get better?

New level? Kawhi had a career year in almost every category. PG was fine when healthy. It wasn't that we lost Game 7--it was HOW. And WHO. Our "leaders" and most highly paid players were completely MIA, in leadership and on the scoreboard.

Coaches are deck chairs and last year we were the Titanic. Now we're rearranging the deck chairs. Games are won and lost ON the court. You can make the case it's different with HEAD coaches and that it was Doc hit the iceberg and Ty won't.

I think there's a chance that Ty will learn from Doc's mistakes with this group of players--and more to the point that THEY will learn from THEIR mistakes. Doc lost the team--and HAD to be fired just for that. They quit on him--but in the end, THEY QUIT ON EACH OTHER.

I don't know how this Clippers team can even look each other in the eye. I don't know if Ty or any coach on Planet Earth can fix how they betrayed each other. This team needs a priest. And you're it, Father Lue.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#8 » by NickP » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:59 pm

esqtvd wrote:
James2000 wrote:All I am happy that we finally got a new coach, but here is a question. Since we are hearing rumors about the assistant coaches and etc, how would these coaches make Kawhi and Paul george go to a new level? Also, What Kawhi needs to do in order to get better?

New level? Kawhi had a career year in almost every category. PG was fine when healthy. It wasn't that we lost Game 7--it was HOW. And WHO. Our "leaders" and most highly paid players were completely MIA, in leadership and on the scoreboard.

Coaches are deck chairs and last year we were the Titanic. Now we're rearranging the deck chairs. Games are won and lost ON the court. You can make the case it's different with HEAD coaches and that it was Doc hit the iceberg and Ty won't.

I think there's a chance that Ty will learn from Doc's mistakes with this group of players--and more to the point that THEY will learn from THEIR mistakes. Doc lost the team--and HAD to be fired just for that. They quit on him--but in the end, THEY QUIT ON EACH OTHER.

I don't know how this Clippers team can even look each other in the eye. I don't know if Ty or any coach on Planet Earth can fix how they betrayed each other. This team needs a priest. And you're it, Father Lue.

You're liked a broken record dude. Yes, the game is won on the court. Coaches don't miss shots. We get that!!
But who is on the court depends on the coaches. Right?
So your beloved coach Doc fcuked it up by not adjusting and being stubborn. So yes in that sense the game was lost off the court.
And what's the point of these videos? One bad game by Kawhi? And by your own admission Kawhi was good in the playoffs? The whole damn sports media kisses Doc's behind like he's PJ or Pop. One damn ring to show for with all the talented players that played for this moron.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#9 » by esqtvd » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:21 pm

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

You're liked a broken record dude. Yes, the game is won on the court. Coaches don't miss shots. We get that!!
But who is on the court depends on the coaches. Right?
So your beloved coach Doc fcuked it up by not adjusting and being stubborn. So yes in that sense the game was lost off the court.
And what's the point of these videos? One bad game by Kawhi? And by your own admission Kawhi was good in the playoffs? The whole damn sports media kisses Doc's behind like he's PJ or Pop. One damn ring to show for with all the talented players that played for this moron.

You're the broken records. Doc is gone and you're still whining about him. :lol:

No, I don't think our problems and the stain of the collapse against the Nuggets went with him. What makes it even worse is that the Lakers beat them and then won the title. I think people underestimate how much good both Doc and Ballmer did in building the Clippers brand, and how much damage this sh*tshow did to it. The Lakers are #1 in LA again. By a million miles.

You think everything's fine now? I don't. In 35 years as a Clippers fan I have never been so embarrassed and disgusted by a team. It wasn't that they lost. It was that they quit like dogs. There are gonna have to be some serious roster moves to erase the stench and frankly I think it starts with Kawhi and PG. Looks like we're stuck with them for now but it seems there's Kawhi and PG and then there's the rest of the peasants.

It's not whether this team is a mess, it's whether this mess is a team. Good luck, Father Ty. This organization didn't need a coach, it needs an exorcist.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#10 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:17 pm

Nobody disputes that there's issues with the roster. It's just convenient that this is the excuse you're going with to deflect blame away from Doc. Especially when you spent the entire season shouting down anyone who talked about the single biggest issue with the roster (Trez) and still won't admit he was a problem.

Every roster has issues. The elite coaches do what they can to hide those issues. Doc exacerbates them with his stubbornness, favoritism, nonsensical rotations and lack of a clear system on offense and defense.

And as far as "building the brand" is concerned, Doc did nothing but hurt the brand. He's responsible for two of the biggest playoff chokejobs in sports history, the "GM Doc" era, the nepotism situation with Austin, the team field trip to DJ's house to beg him not to sign with the Mavs, and countless other things that just brought more ridicule and scorn towards this organization. In seven years, he didn't lead this team farther than anyone else ever has. The average NBA fan still views us as the same old Clippers - and always will until we win a championship. I can't say I blame them.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#11 » by esqtvd » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:53 pm

LeBron James and Jimmy Butler put their teams on their backs and WILLED them to the NBA Finals. "One bad game" is weak BS--Game 7 is winning time. CHAMPIONSHIP time.

There is no Battle for LA anymore. After years of building up to it, we lost. It's over. 'Same old Clippers' is right, with or without Doc Rivers. Doc had to go because he's only a psychologist, not a heart surgeon. This team has no heart, no guts, and that starts with your "leaders." Our superstars were the WORST players on the floor and led their team down the toilet.

I give Father Ty a small chance of turning this bunch of weirdos and egos into a team. A very small chance. But short of backing up the truck and starting over, Ballmer had no other choice.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#12 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:00 pm

Notice how Jimmy only "willed his team" with Spo as his coach. He wasn't doing that with Brett Brown, Hoiberg or Thibs.

Doc isn't a "psychologist" or a "heart surgeon," he's an egomaniac. He would rather lose his way with favoritism and the same failed gameplan than listen to reason. You can keep harping on Game 7 all you want, but the only reason it even went to Game 7 was your boys Doc and Trez. Period, end of story.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#13 » by esqtvd » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:53 pm

now that y'all had your fun, it's time to start facing the truth
Game 7 separates the men from the boys and our "superstars" went MIA

Nick Wright, a longtime doubter of the Kawhi Leonard and Paul George-led Clippers, could hardly keep himself composed as First Things First came on the air: Wright made the case that when factoring in the stakes and level of opponent, this 3-1 breakdown from LA is especially odious for Kawhi & Co.

"These guys blew a 3-1 lead with big leads in the second half of all three of the closeout games to a team with zero combined Finals appearances. ... Kawhi Leonard disappeared in the fourth quarter of all of these games but one. That happened."

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nba/kawhi-leonard-los-angeles-clippers-paul-george-3-1-collapse

Read on Twitter
?

"Just an absolute, positive, choke job. Period. It's just that simple. ... This was the first time in his career he was the No. 1 dude. All the pressure was on him and he flat-out choked."

Read on Twitter

Leonard and George had a historically bad night in Game 7, shooting 27.3% and 25% from the field, respectively, and combining for 0 fourth-quarter points.

With that in mind, Sharpe laid the blame squarely at the feet of The Klaw:

If you're the best player on the planet, that cannot happen. ... The guy that many said is the best player on the planet, gagged. He choked. There's no other way around it. It's the greatest choke job in NBA history."

Doc's gone and they're still here

that's the END OF STORY
for now...

While there's plenty of blame to go around, including Doc Rivers squandering a 3-1 advantage for the third time in his coaching career, it looks as though Leonard will bear the brunt of the burden on this one.

With one year left on his and George's contracts before they could potentially opt out, time is in short supply for Leonard to wash away the stench of Tuesday's collapse.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#14 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:45 am

The real truth is that Game 7 should have never been played at all and it was 100% Doc and Trez's fault that it got there. You'll never admit it because you spent the entire season shouting down smarter fans than you who were warning of this exact scenario.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#15 » by NickP » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:25 am

MartinToVaught wrote:The real truth is that Game 7 should have never been played at all and it was 100% Doc and Trez's fault that it got there. You'll never admit it because you spent the entire season shouting down smarter fans than you who were warning of this exact scenario.

Exactly. I kept on saying this that Game 7 should never have happened. Not because of anything else but the scenario we went through. When Kawhi stopped scoring Doc panicked. Any other coach with a system would have found a way to stay in the game. We still had Morris, Green, Bev that could have been used wisely by doc and stabilized the situation. Doc didn't have a system. Period.
I hate to relitigate the Doc scenario but Tom brings that in or rather slips it in and forces our hand.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#16 » by esqtvd » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:10 am

NickP wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:The real truth is that Game 7 should have never been played at all and it was 100% Doc and Trez's fault that it got there. You'll never admit it because you spent the entire season shouting down smarter fans than you who were warning of this exact scenario.

Exactly. I kept on saying this that Game 7 should never have happened. Not because of anything else but the scenario we went through. When Kawhi stopped scoring Doc panicked. Any other coach with a system would have found a way to stay in the game. We still had Morris, Green, Bev that could have been used wisely by doc and stabilized the situation. Doc didn't have a system. Period.
I hate to relitigate the Doc scenario but Tom brings that in or rather slips it in and forces our hand.

"Our" hand. :lol:

I don't care who was or wasn't on the court with them. Game 7. TWO superstars. ZERO points in the 4th quarter. COMBINED. End of story. All the rest is talk.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#17 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:06 pm

You'd never know we were up 3-1 from reading esqtvd's posts. In his alternate reality, the series started with Game 7 and Doc/Trez had no agency over the outcome. What happened in Games 5 and 6 are never mentioned because they don't fit the narrative.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#18 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:18 pm

The team quit eh?

Pat Bev didn't ra ra the team into playing hard?

Read on Twitter
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#19 » by esqtvd » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:11 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:The team quit eh?

Pat Bev didn't ra ra the team into playing hard?

Read on Twitter

obviously Kawhi and PG weren't buying :-(

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6aklqs/why_did_kawhi_leonard_get_a_pass_for_his_choke/
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#20 » by TheNewEra » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:04 pm

Still have faith in the two main guys to bounce back. It’s going to be a tough year and they both know what they have to do

Return to Los Angeles Clippers