ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,025

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#581 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:40 pm

JC is a 40% 3pt stretch PF ideally suited to the modern big role. Capela is a top notch defensive Center and a great rim runner. Why wouldn't it work?

JC is the O and Capela is the D. The two together the Hawks will have a solid front-court.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#582 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:42 pm

jayu70 wrote:Trade Idea from the Ringer:
Trade: The Spurs send DeMar DeRozan and no. 11 to the Hawks for no. 6.

DeRoz definately has value. Costs alot too. Also would push Hunter to the bench for a year or two.

Do you like this deal Yayu?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#583 » by jayu70 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:

DeRoz definately has value. Costs alot too. Also would push Hunter to the bench for a year or two.

Yayu? :lol:
I would prefer White or Murray over DeRozan. :D .
I could live with it, he expires next offseason and that leaves us financially flexible but I have concerns: Would DeRozan be happy here? I don't want another sulky vet like the Turner and Crabbe debacle. His contract is $27 million so that leaves us with $15 million to fill the backup PG and PF spots, is it enough? I guess if all else fails in FAcy, I would not be horribly upset. Also if it's a strict salary dump in that we are not sending any salary back to SAS, I think we should be able to get a 2nd or 2.
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Post#584 » by myrak433 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:08 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:

I like it. But most Hawk fans probably will hate it
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#585 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:12 pm

myrak433 wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:

Hang in there Myrak. Hawks positive trade will make you loved on the Hawks board :D
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Post#586 » by myrak433 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:20 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:

Hang in there Myrak. Hawks positive trade will make you loved on the Hawks board :D

Hey I will never abandon my hawks. And will stand firm on my belief that the Hawks are one player away from making some major noise in the playoffs.

We have Trae, we need one more star type player. I like Lavine the most but Rozan would work too. I feel that those would be the easiest two to get without shipping out to much.

I think the Hawks are about 90% likely to make a move like this, and most Hawks fans will be upset at first. Then when they play and the Hawks’ record is 30-12 the first half of the season, all the ones that dogged my out will have to kiss the ring when my name is mentioned. LOL
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#587 » by D21 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:42 pm

Regarding DeRozan, I will copy here what I wrote on the Trade board, and that makes me think it's a huge gamble to get DeRozan :

D21 wrote:In every season (except the one with TOR he decided to shot some 3s which improve the team offense and cover his bad team defense), his team was better without him than with him.
In 2017-18, his last year with TOR, he shot more 3s and the offense had 5 more points on 100 possessions with him than without. But the defense was also 5 points higher...

2019-20 SAS : offense +1 defense +6 (-5 difference with him/without him)
2018-19 SAS : offense +1 defense +6 (-5)
2017-18 TOR : offense +5 defense +5 (0)
2016-17 TOR : offense +1 defense +6 (-5)
2015-16 TOR : offense 0 defense +5 (-5)
2014-15 TOR : offense -3 defense -2 (-1)
2013-14 TOR : offense +1 defense +1 (0)

These numbers alone shows why DeRozan was traded and not Lowry who had almost always a positive difference on his team, like nearly all players with this kind of contract.
You can search, he's alone in this category of high paid player with negative impact on his team.
If the ranking were placing him between 30th and 40th for most seasons, it's certainly because of this impact, but if that's the reason, they should have explain it to make everybody knows, and even help DeRozan understands his ranking too.

So if ATL wants to improve his defense, it will not be done by getting DeRozan
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#588 » by Spud2nique » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Derozan not for us.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#589 » by King Ken » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:07 pm

Get a star is ideal but no Trae, Reddish, or Hunter in the deal. Those three are off limit. Too flexible and impossible to replace.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#590 » by D21 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:15 pm

It's hard to see that happening, but if for any reason ATL has views on two players, and one of the two ends being available at 13, while NOP would prefer the one we picked at 6th, I would offer this 6th pick player to NOP for the 13th and Reddick (and maybe small filler) in a heartbeat, and absorb his 13M.
He only has this last year left on his contract, and we would be able to re-sign him at the end of season if it works for both sides, and it would have lots of chances to work.
Not sure what NOP would really ask for him, but I would try
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#591 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:29 pm

I still love this kid!!

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#592 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:41 am

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#593 » by Spud2nique » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:07 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I still love this kid!!

So you made me click on a nerdy chess player lookin **** whose joanzin on Lonnie ****? I’ll never forgive you! :cry:

Seriously what the hell was the point of that?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#594 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 2, 2020 1:53 am

3-Team NBA Trades Where Everybody Wins

Philadelphia 76ers Receive: Zach LaVine and Otto Porter Jr. (opt-in)

Chicago Bulls Receive: Tobias Harris, De'Andre Hunter, Atlanta Hawks' 2020 first-round pick, Atlanta Hawks' lottery-protected 2021 first-round pick and Philadelphia 76ers' 2020 first-round pick (via Oklahoma City)

Atlanta Hawks Receive: Josh Richardson, Matisse Thybulle, Cristiano Felicio and Philadelphia 76ers' 2021 first-round pick
Spoiler:
The Philadelphia 76ers get a major offensive boost with Zach LaVine and Otto Porter Jr., a pair of perimeter marksmen with career three-point percentages of 37.5 and 40.4, respectively. The Sixers add much-needed shooting and spacing at the cost of wing defense and two first-rounders. That's a price they should be willing to pay considering Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons provide enough stopping power to offset the losses of Josh Richardson and Matisse Thybulle, while the outgoing picks are the penalty for moving Tobias Harris' bloated contract.

The Chicago Bulls take on that burden, but they earn three first-rounders for their trouble—the most intriguing of which is the No. 6 overall selection in 2020, via the Atlanta Hawks. They also get De'Andre Hunter, who disappointed as a rookie in Atlanta but whose draft pedigree as the fourth selection in 2019 indicates significant upside.

Losing LaVine and Porter isn't ideal, but the former was miscast as a top option, and the latter could easily have left in 2021 free agency. It's possible Harris and Hunter provide just as much value as LaVine and Porter (whose health history is alarming) would have in 2020-21. Throw in those three firsts, and Chicago is looking good.
The Atlanta Hawks are shopping their No. 6 pick for immediate help, according to The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor, and they get it here in the form of defensive stoppers Richardson and Thybulle. With those two on the roster, opponents will find it much harder to exploit Trae Young's defense, and both are capable standstill shooters—a must in any offense with Young as the ball-dominant focal point.

If the Hawks hope to make the playoffs, this deal gives them that opportunity. If they still fall short, they'll have the Sixers' 2021 first-rounder to add to their own. Those could be used for a similar win-now trade next offseason or as part of a more deliberate approach to team-building through the draft.

One final note: This deal would have to be completed after the 2020 draft. Both Atlanta and Philly are technically giving up 2020 and 2021 first-rounders, which is prohibited by the Stepien rule. That's no biggie; the Hawks and Sixers can make their picks based on who the Bulls tell them to take and then complete the trade with those draftees involved.
Bleacher Report
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 505

Post#595 » by raleigh » Mon Nov 2, 2020 3:46 am

Oubre/#10 -for- #6 makes sense for both teams, which is why it won't happen.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#596 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 2, 2020 3:34 pm

The 1 Player Every NBA Team Needs to Target This Offseason

Atlanta Hawks: Derrick White, G

In drafting Cam Reddish and De'Andre Hunter, the Atlanta Hawks have built effectively around Trae Young's limited defensive potential. They only need one more player to feel comfortable in such a strategy, and he might reside in San Antonio.

Atlanta could get this deal done by moving John Collins and Brandon Goodwin for Derrick White, Trey Lyles and a future first, and it's worth consideration for general manager Travis Schlenk. Though White can handle the ball and create for teammates, he's also succeeded without it—a necessity when playing with Young.

More importantly, however, are White's defensive capabilities.

He defended a who's who of the Western Conference's best scorers this year and did an excellent job on most of them, which might appeal to the Hawks. When your point guard is literally the worst defender in the NBA, your shooting guard needs to be somebody who's repeatedly limited Luka Doncic, Damian Lillard and Russell Westbrook.

The Colorado alum isn't a flashy name, and Hawks fans might be upset we suggested moving Collins for him. But White would bring two-way consistency, postseason experience and the wisdom of Gregg Popovich to Atlanta. What else can you ask for from a role player?
Bleacher Report
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 505

Post#597 » by raleigh » Mon Nov 2, 2020 3:43 pm

Bleacher Report has perfected the art of NBA trade clickbait. It's impressive.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#598 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 3:52 pm

raleigh wrote:Bleacher Report has perfected the art of NBA trade clickbait. It's impressive.
:lol:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#599 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 3:54 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

In drafting Cam Reddish and De'Andre Hunter, the Atlanta Hawks have built effectively around Trae Young's limited defensive potential. They only need one more player to feel comfortable in such a strategy, and he might reside in San Antonio.

Atlanta could get this deal done by moving John Collins and Brandon Goodwin for Derrick White, Trey Lyles and a future first, and it's worth consideration for general manager Travis Schlenk. Though White can handle the ball and create for teammates, he's also succeeded without it—a necessity when playing with Young.

More importantly, however, are White's defensive capabilities.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Some of this stuff should be ban worthy Jam!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#600 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 2, 2020 4:30 pm

jayu70 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some of this stuff should be ban worthy Jam!

Hey, I just provide content for you guys to discuss.

Me posting it does not make it an endorsement for or against...

:lift:

Return to Atlanta Hawks