Total votes: 31

UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Warriors Interested in Jeremy Lin 

Post#1 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Jeremy Lin could get his next NBA chance in the same place he got the first.

According to a report, the Warriors are interested in Lin after the point guard said he was hoping to return to the NBA. Lin spent last season playing for the Beijing Ducks of the Chinese Basketball Association. The interest is linked to Stephen Curry’s admiration for the 32-year-old Lin.

Lin averaged 22.3 points, 5.7 assists, and 5.6 rebounds.

“Stephen Curry like Jeremy Lin’s playstyle”: Sources claim

It is no secret that the Warriors need good role players. Ever since the departure of Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston, there has been a huge gap in good role players coming off the bench. Jeremy Lin could be a solid point guard coming off the bench, reducing the burden on Curry.

Obviously, the Warriors need more role players, but starting with Lin, the Warriors can start assimilating a lineup good enough for championship contention.

UnFadeable21
Veteran

Re: Warriors Interested in Jeremy Lin 

Post#2 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:55 pm

Draft Wiseman at 2, sign Lin for a cheap deal two years
4-5 million total. Use the exception for some scoring off the bench.

Steph
Klay
Wigs
Draymond
Wiseman

Lin
Damion lee
Pascal
Chriss
Looney

Could be a 60 win team next season.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#3 » by jamesnamida » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:02 pm

Only if he improved his 3 point shooting
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#4 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:04 pm

The Golden State Warriors and Charlotte Hornets are believed to prefer James Wiseman.

The Warriors select No. 2 with the Hornets at No. 3, which means Charlotte could need to trade up with either the Minnesota Timberwolves or Golden State to select him.

Edwards and Wiseman worked out for the Warriors last week, and according to a report by The Athletic’s Marcus Thompson II, both were “beasts” in the workout. Golden State will likely target a wing if Wiseman is off the board

TB
General Manager
And1: 1,149

Post#5 » by TB » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:33 pm

There is zero reason for Jeremy Lin to be on the Warriors next year. Even a quick browse through the CBA leaderboards and you will see that Lin isn't near the top at anything. Ekpe Udoh is the most dominant defensive force in the league. And guys like Joe Young, Lester Hudson and Ty Lawson drop 30 a night on teams.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#6 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:42 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Draft Wiseman at 2, sign Lin for a cheap deal two years
4-5 million total. Use the exception for some scoring off the bench.

Steph
Klay
Wigs
Draymond
Wiseman

Lin
Damion lee
Pascal
Chriss
Looney

Could be a 60 win team next season.

Lol. No. Paschall isn't a 3, Chrisss isn't a 4, Wiseman might not even be ready to start, and Lin would probably have to play his way onto the roster with a training camp invite. I don't think even in my most optimistic offseason outcomes we win 60 games. We'll still be a force in the playoffs, but your roster isn't winning 60 games, let alone 50.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#7 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:48 pm

TB wrote:There is zero reason for Jeremy Lin to be on the Warriors next year. Even a quick browse through the CBA leaderboards and you will see that Lin isn't near the top at anything. Ekpe Udoh is the most dominant defensive force in the league. And guys like Joe Young, Lester Hudson and Ty Lawson drop 30 a night on teams.

Good role players are guys who accept their role and know how to play it well. Guys like Ty Lawson and Lance Stephenson have high talent but their egos won’t let them be a role player on a team.

Lin can run offense and score and can handle 10-15 mins a night and won’t complain. He’ll be a good teammate.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#8 » by Coxy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:59 pm

TB wrote:There is zero reason for Jeremy Lin to be on the Warriors next year. Even a quick browse through the CBA leaderboards and you will see that Lin isn't near the top at anything. Ekpe Udoh is the most dominant defensive force in the league. And guys like Joe Young, Lester Hudson and Ty Lawson drop 30 a night on teams.

Lawson probably plays every game off his face drunk as well.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#9 » by Coxy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:59 pm

I have no interest in Jeremy Lin.
TB
General Manager

Post#10 » by TB » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:23 pm

Coxy wrote:

Lawson probably plays every game off his face drunk as well.

I'm actually pretty intrigued in the CBA now that i've seen who the stars are. :lol:
TB
General Manager

Post#11 » by TB » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:26 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:

Good role players are guys who accept their role and know how to play it well. Guys like Ty Lawson and Lance Stephenson have high talent but their egos won’t let them be a role player on a team.

Lin can run offense and score and can handle 10-15 mins a night and won’t complain. He’ll be a good teammate.

This is a valid point, and i AM a fan of Lin. But I just don't think he is good enough anymore to warrant 10-15 minutes a game vs just using Bowman/Poole. Let alone numerous other options using MLE or vet min.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#12 » by B-King » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:34 am

Not buying the bring Lin back movement. We can do better with Bowman/Poole and look for a young PG to split time between GSW and Santa Cruz. If this was a stacked team and we are filling a last spot, Lin might be ok. We have still need to find young rotational pieces and Lin just takes minutes away from developing those players.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#13 » by cdubbz » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:41 am

smokescreen. they're aiming for Michael Beasley
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#14 » by donkeylips » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:06 am

I don’t mind him but he wouldn’t be a priority. Is he even better than bowman?
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#15 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:34 am

donkeylips wrote:I don’t mind him but he wouldn’t be a priority. Is he even better than bowman?

Ky Bowman is a g leaguer, Lin dropped 40 on Kobe and beat the prime lakers.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#16 » by Coxy » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:03 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
donkeylips wrote:I don’t mind him but he wouldn’t be a priority. Is he even better than bowman?

That was 34 years ago now dude.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#17 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:08 am

Coxy wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

J Lin stays in the gym working on his game. Perfect back up for Curry.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#18 » by Coxy » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:00 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

J Lin stays in the gym working on his game. Perfect back up for Curry.

Was that scrub scrimmage meant to be impressive?

We can do better than Jeremy Lin.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Post#19 » by Frozzy » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:16 am

How uninspiring. Guess Warriors will never really get their backup PG who can take some of the load off Steph.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#20 » by DAWill1128 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:48 am

At this point Lin coming on board is just about having a steady high IQ backup, Lin is an extra vet to have a voice on the team, provide vet experience and an extra voice to get the young guys going.

In the later years of Iggy, Shaun, and Bogut it was just high IQ ball with chemistry and continuity. The biggest challenge we face as of right now is getting guys to play with some cohesion and high IQ on both ends, when you are young in the NBA you likely haven’t experienced that on a successful level. Our biggest challenge is getting guys to play Warriors basketball.

Not saying I want Lin, although I think he should have been kept years ago when we had him.

Return to Golden State Warriors