ImageImageImageImageImage

George Floyd (and aftermath): Part 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Re: George Floyd (and aftermath): Part 2 

Post#281 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:16 am

Yup it was news on Thursday though... hm
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#282 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:55 pm

He found out Breonna died by watching the news. Wow.
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,634

Post#283 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:11 am

HarthorneWingo wrote::nonono: it appears that the 9mm shot was from friendly fire and not Taylor’s boyfriend.

Read on Twitter

If these cops lied about getting shot at by Taylor’s boyfriend and they simply broke in and shot the place, then Judge Wingo approves homicide charges.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#284 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:58 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/us/new-york-state-courts-racial-tensions/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_content=2020-10-16T20%3A54%3A10

Report reveals 'long-simmering racial tensions' in New York State courts
By Sonia Moghe, CNN

(CNN)A report that was made public Thursday reveals "long-simmering racial tensions" among court officers and racist statements made openly by attorneys, judges, and other courthouse personnel in New York State courts.

The report was put together by a team headed by former Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson, who was appointed to conduct a review of racial bias in the state court system in June by New York State Chief Judge Janet DiFiore.

DiFiore said in June that her request for the report was spurred by the killing of George Floyd and came two days after a Brooklyn court officer allegedly posted a racist illustration depicting President Obama with a noose around his neck, which Johnson says "peeled the lid off of long-simmering racial tensions."

The biggest issue Johnson identified was an "under-resourced, over-burdened" court system and "the dehumanizing effect it has on litigants," especially people of color, in housing, family, civil and criminal courts. Johnson said it has created what is in effect a "second class system of justice" for people of color in New York.

-more-

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#285 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:07 am

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#286 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:19 am

Check this out. Cop used his vehicle to run down this teen (?) on a moped. And then look how they take control of the scene. Fcking bitches.

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#287 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:25 am

Started watching The Trial of the Chicago 7 on Netflix. Love it. Sacha Baron Cohen is great as activist Abbie Hoffman. The half-senile judge is played by Frank Langela.

Free Palestine
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#288 » by Pointgod » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:24 pm

I’m shocked that Daniel Cameron couldn’t be trusted. Truly shocked here :roll:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kentucky-judge-orders-grand-jury-records-unsealed-breonna-taylor-case-n1244041

In the statement, the grand juror said that homicide laws were not explained during the proceedings, even though the panel asked about them.

“Questions were asked about the additional charges and the grand jury was told there would be none because the prosecutors didn’t feel they could make them stick,” the statement said. “The grand jury didn’t agree that certain actions were justified, nor did it decide the indictment should be the only charges in the Breonna Taylor case.”

The grand juror added that self-defense and justification laws were not explained either.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#289 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:35 pm

This is ridiculous man. These Karen’s out of control.
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#290 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:04 am

With David Letterman on Netflix

Free Palestine
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#291 » by NYKAL » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:11 pm

I'm sick of Karens and White men who think they have a right to demand ANYTHING of someone who is not breaking the law and, if they were, then call the police and keep your ass in your home. Had I been this guy, I would have beat the breaks off both of them for barging inside. Tired of this type of ****. Man or Women, pull some racist **** on me and you can get it. I will turn my Moral Meter off just for them.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#292 » by BallSacBounce » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:42 am

Spoiler:
HarthorneWingo wrote:With David Letterman on Netflix

Love Chappelle. Letterman not so much. He poses. Dave never does.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#293 » by BallSacBounce » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:44 am

NYKAL wrote:I'm sick of Karens and White men who think they have a right to demand ANYTHING of someone who is not breaking the law and, if they were, then call the police and keep your ass in your home. Had I been this guy, I would have beat the breaks off both of them for barging inside. Tired of this type of ****. Man or Women, pull some racist **** on me and you can get it. I will turn my Moral Meter off just for them.

I agree with you on all points.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,210

Post#294 » by Kampuchea » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:37 am

3toheadmelo wrote:This is ridiculous man. These Karen’s out of control.
Read on Twitter

WTF? They just walked into someone’s house that isn’t their own to make sure the people inside are allowed to be there? They need to get smacked in the head
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#295 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:49 am

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#296 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:27 am

Douche bag is being extradited back to Wisconsin for his murder of the 2 BLM protestors.

No death penalty. Automatic lifetime sentence without parole but WITH Ugu! Lots and lots of Ugu, which by definition goes on for what will seem like an eternity ... if performed properly.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#297 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:23 pm

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#298 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:14 am

Three cheers for the NYPD for busting more corrupt NYPD cops who were involved in a conspiracy with a Dominican drug gang. The officers assisted them by accessing police computer databases ... yada yada yada. ****. Great job by the NYPD Background Investigation Unit!

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-nypd-officer-busted-cocaine-conspiracy-distribution-20201109-durfauznv5hjrbm6eq3zo7nhzi-story.html

Spoiler:
Amaury Abreu, 34, a nine-year police department veteran, was charged with assisting a narcotics ring by helping them access an NYPD database and having warrants checked — and personally distributing cocaine for the organization, prosecutors said.

Abreu also provided the traffickers with information about law enforcement procedures and was in contact with leaders of the ring as recently as Sunday, according to prosecutors.

The cop even went to the Dominican Republic to meet with higher-ups in the organization this year, according to the feds. He was arrested Monday at his home in Hauppauge, L.I.

On March 11, 2016, a leader of the ring sent Abreu the name, date of birth and Social Security number of a high-ranking member of the organization, Gustavo Valerio, the feds said.

“That same day, Abreu searched for Valerio’s name in the database — despite having no legitimate law enforcement purpose for doing so. A few days later, presumably after learning that his warrant check was clear, Valerio traveled to the Dominican Republic,” wrote Assistant U.S. Attorney Erin Reid in a court filing.

When Abreu was arrested he denied he’d made the warrant check, which might result in a charge of lying to a federal agent, Reid said.

The indictment alleges the crew was conspiring to import cocaine into the United States from 2016 until October 2020. The drug trafficking organization they allegedly worked for was not named by federal prosecutors.

Prosecutors said the organization imports cocaine into the U.S. through couriers and has used corrupt customs officials to allow the couriers to bring the drugs in through airports.

Bautista and Diaz-Bautista were also hit with charges of possessing more than 5 kilograms of cocaine, according to the indictment.

Abreu worked out of the 113th Precinct in Queens. He faces a mandatory minimum of 10 years in prison if convicted — and faces up to life in prison in the case. He was suspended without pay pending the outcome of the case, an NYPD spokeswoman said.

“There is no place for corruption in the NYPD and it will always be prosecuted fully. We commend our IAB [Internal Affairs Bureau] investigators and law enforcement partners in this case,” said Police Commissioner Dermot Shea.

Abreu pleaded not guilty on all counts Monday afternoon and was released on home confinement and $1 million bail.

Free Palestine
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,489

Post#299 » by Fat Kat » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:01 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
The autopsy report says otherwise. Says "Death by homicide."

Floyd was not under drug intoxication. He only had traces of it.

Well again traces is debatable. We have the amount. The toxicology study at the autopsy has his level at 11 ng/mL, together with 5.6 ng/mL of norfentanyl, which is what fentanyl metabolizes down to. There are 10 other things that determine metabolic rate which will fill the proceedings.

"A New Hampshire public health study on the internet of 505 fentanyl overdose deaths. The blood level ranged from 0.75 to 113 ng/mL, with a *mean* of 9.96 ng. So, Floyd had a dose somewhat higher than the average NH fentanyl overdose fatality.
Given that the data range there is 0.75 all the way up to 113, that means that the *median* level is significantly below 9.96."

So his amount is above a somewhat accepted amount for an overdose. But body weight, tolerance and other things play a factor. I imagine much of the defense will argue for the overdose + pre-existing heart disease + mental problems.

https://lawandcrime.com/george-floyd-death/authorities-just-released-george-floyds-complete-autopsy-report-read-it-here/

Floyd’s cause of death is listed officially as “cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restrain, and neck compression.” The full autopsy report states further that “no life-threatening injuries [were] identified.”

But the autopsy report clearly says that he did NOT die of asphyxiation. There’s something that happens to the eyes in those cases and Floyd’s body didn’t have that. Nor was there any damage to the trachea or bruising to the neck.

Anyway, it's going to be complex. We all agree it was terrible policing. We all agree Floyd was not compliant and if he'd just gotten in the air conditioned cop car he'd be alive. I think most people wouldn't argue too much with manslaughter, mostly because you can audibly hear the man stating he can't breathe ... so ... I'm not sure what the people who think Chauvin will be innocent on everything are arguing. The other huge piece of bullcrap that will get argued to death is the restraint training guide. The cops will claim by the book use of a collectively bargained restraint.

Maybe the police should've given him a ticket to appear in court? Why did they have to escalate the drama over such a petty crime? Whether it was asphyxiation (as reported by the ME hired by the Floyd family) or the ""cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression," it's a HOMICIDE. That part is not in dispute. The following points you make are absurd on their face.

So his amount is above a somewhat accepted amount for an overdose. But body weight, tolerance and other things play a factor. I imagine much of the defense will argue for the overdose + pre-existing heart disease + mental problems.

-------------------

The full autopsy report states further that “no life-threatening injuries [were] identified.”

But the autopsy report clearly says that he did NOT die of asphyxiation. There’s something that happens to the eyes in those cases and Floyd’s body didn’t have that. Nor was there any damage to the trachea or bruising to the neck.

Thank God he got what he deserved
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks