ImageImageImageImageImage

Official No Blood No Foul Podcast 2021-2022 Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,083

Official No Blood No Foul Podcast 2021-2022 Thread 

Post#1 » by moocow007 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:52 pm

So I had a quick chat with the powers that be about starting a RealGM Knicks Board team to do regular webcasts (or podcasts) talking about the Knicks and the NBA.

This would be a team of Knick fans from this board and bear the branding of RealGM. Would be doing livestreams, video broadcasts and maybe call in's at some point.

Here's some examples:

Trying to gauge interest and see if we can get a group of serious, serious guys together that are willing to commit the time to make this happen. While we can have 'guest' board members weekly, I think it would be good to get a set number of guys that can be considered 'regulars'.

We'll need to work with the RealGM team on branding and whatever else (little signs that we can prob up at our desk, etc.) as well as plot out weekly scripts of what we are going to talk about, need guys that can edit video and other logistics stuft guys that know how to work Youtube and social media to market the broadcast team, etc.

Don't know about any revenue that springs from this if it becomes successful but I'd imagine that it'll be some sort of share. Great opportunity for anyone thinking about getting exposure, etc., etc., etc.

Just preliminary right now. But yeah, opinions, guys that are serious about either being front line or in the background supporting this endeavor, etc.

Let your voices be heard.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,083

Re: Wanted - Knicks RGM Knicks Board Webcast/Podcast Team 

Post#2 » by moocow007 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Pre-requisites?

1. You have to be serious, serious and have time.
2. You have to be ok with being filmed (so if you are on the FBI's 50 Most Wanted LIst, probably not a good idea).
3. You have to be able to talk into a mic and cam to strangers.
4. You don't have to look great, but should expect to at least ****, shower and shave...unless you think your dirty ass look works on camera.

Not sure, what else?
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#3 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:00 pm

I wouldn't mind being a part of it. I don't know if I could be the host but I would love to be a frequent guest or possible co-host especially for draft stuff :D . I don't know too much about the technical side of all of it but have takes for days and can talk all things Knicks ad nauseum lol.
mrpoetryNmotion
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,118

Post#4 » by mrpoetryNmotion » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:03 pm

My question is how would this podcast differentiate itself from all the other Knicks podcasts currently out there? The answer to that question is probably better off not being public. I think there would have to be more thinking on the value that we're attempting to create and how that materializes in a podcast.

Regardless, cast is important and you'd want insightful people and perhaps people with contrasting opinions to keep things interesting.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,864

Post#5 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:03 pm

moocow007 wrote:Pre-requisites?

1. You have to be serious, serious and have time.
2. You have to be ok with being filmed (so if you are on the FBI's 50 Most Wanted LIst, probably not a good idea).
3. You have to be able to talk into a mic and cam to strangers.
4. You don't have to look great, but should expect to at least ****, shower and shave...unless you think your dirty ass look works on camera.

Not sure, what else?

I'm sure you'll be able to assemble a fine team from those crazy BAF Mofos. They live and breathe this stuff.

Cap is actually a Yeti so if they volunteer just be prepared to see a bigfoot repping the Knicks
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,180

Post#6 » by DOT » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:07 pm

I'm interested

I might not be the prettiest face, but I have experience in radio (I did a weekly sports broadcast for an hour a week on WHUS 91.7 before the pandemic hit) and I'm at least familiar with Audacity, Audition, and Premiere

I do have a few time constraints with still being in college, but it's not that much cause it's all virtual.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Post#7 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:27 pm

I love this idea. I feel like people come here and steal content from us regularly, so why not try to monetize it ourselves?! I’m a video editor with a lot of down time at work. I’m not an expert at making animations but I can navigate myself around after effects well enough to make lower thirds and title animations for YouTube videos. I work in broadcast news and it’s not the most creative of type of production and I’ve been dying to start making some different types of Content
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#8 » by Phish Tank » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:00 am

This is a dope idea, but I have conflicts of interests especially when it comes to the other creators listed above that'll make it tough for me to do this. Especially knowing all of those above personally will make it tough too.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#9 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:59 am

Great idea. Clyde's idea of culling the BAF league is a grand idea.

But when you decide that all seriousness all the time is too boring, give Wingo a holler. I'm better when I"m extemporaneous. I could be one of your guest stars. No one has the institutional memory that I have. Bwahahaha
Free Palestine
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#10 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:02 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Great idea. Clyde's idea of culling the BAF league is a grand idea.

But when you decide that all seriousness all the time is too boring, give Wingo a holler. I'm better when I"m extemporaneous. I could be one of your guest stars. No one has the institutional memory that I have. Bwahahaha

i'd listen to a podcast with wingo on it.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#11 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:09 am

br7knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Great idea. Clyde's idea of culling the BAF league is a grand idea.

I'm a good listener. I'll let the other person talk. AND I have the autographs of Howard Komives and Billy Hosket, i.e. pre-Debusschere trade evidence of my Knicks' fandom. But if you want advanced stat guys, then I'm not for that.
Free Palestine
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,285

Post#12 » by Hes_On_Fire » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:16 am

I'm very much open to this. I just need to know how much commitment you're expecting for this on a daily basis.

I do have a normal job so just curious.

But I love talking sports and debating about the crappiness of the Knicks.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#13 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:19 am

I'm going to call in and impersonate some of you
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#14 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:03 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

I'm a good listener. I'll let the other person talk. AND I have the autographs of Howard Komives and Billy Hosket, i.e. pre-Debusschere trade evidence of my Knicks' fandom. But if you want advanced stat guys, then I'm not for that.

The first part is what I prefer in a podcast. That's why I can't stand political talk shows on TV, or news. Rogan does a good job.

The second part would put me to sleep, listening to advanced stats all the time.

If wingo is a candidate, he has my vote.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#15 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:49 pm

I'd be a strong pull for the embittered, insane segment of the fanbase, which is fairly significant in size.
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#16 » by Knox » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:29 pm

I have a podcast and my own website. I would love to help build up a Knicks podcast
Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#17 » by j4remi » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:14 pm

I’d be down to contribute in some way, shape or form.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#18 » by BowlRips » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:21 pm

IN.
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#19 » by -YogiBiz- » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:28 pm

Honestly, I have been searching for an internship for many Knicks' related sites. I would love to help in some capacity.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#20 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:I'm going to call in and impersonate some of you

"Hello? Am I live now? Hi, yes, I'm MP Harris from the RealGM Knicks board and I want to talk about harassment. Sham and Melo have it in for me and I can't function as a righteous, long-suffering Knicks fan with misguided ideas about the direction the club should take with those guys stalking me and it has got to stop! And I'm a damn mod too! You guys like my avatar though? Clyde made it for me."

Return to New York Knicks