Rockets Remain 100 Percent Committed To Keeping James Harden

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Rockets Remain 100 Percent Committed To Keeping James Harden 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:43 am

The future of James Harden with the Houston Rockets has been speculated about following the departures of Mike D'Antoni and Daryl Morey this offseason coupled with the team's limited ways of improving their roster and the tenuous financial situation of Tilman Fertitta.

The Rockets cashed in most of their remaining trade chips over the past year-and-a-half for Russell Westbrook during the 2019 offseason and then Robert Covington ahead of the 2020 trade deadline. 

"What I can say is right now the Rockets are 100 percent committed to trying to cash in on James Harden's prime," said Tim MacMahon on The Woj Pod. "They consider him the best player in the league, which you know... He's without question a perennial MVP candidate. That's just a simple fact. They're going to try to win a championship as long as he's at that level and as long as he's on board.

"I think at this point it's probably a year to year deal. If I'm speculating, I'm going to say that decision is more than likely made by James Harden instead of made by the Rockets. In other words, it could get to a point... And I don't believe this is imminent. Again, I think it's a year-to-year situation where at some point James Harden, who has tried repeatedly to pair with a superstar to give him a chance to a championship: first Dwight [Howard], then Chris Paul and now with Russ. If James Harden wants to pair with another superstar, he's probably going to have to be the one to pack his bags. Is that next offseason? Is that the offseason after that? We'll see. Obviously a lot of that depends on what happens with the Rockets over these next one or two years."

Harden can become a free agent in 2022.

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Re: Rockets Remain 100 Percent Committed To Keeping James Harden 

Post#2 » by HiRez » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:53 am

Translation: gone.
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Post#3 » by Salty1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:45 pm

This team needs to swing for the fences. If they do not utilize their draft and what little free agency money they will have properly; this is going to be another quick season for the Houston Rockets. Internally; Russ and Harden will both need to change some aspects of their game up if this is going to work. I'd like to see Harden play off ball and Russ needs to be his regular season self with an improved offensive efficiency in order for them to achieve success.
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#4 » by niha17 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:55 pm

Well well well here we go trade is coming the more you hear that its not the more it is likely to happen get your popcorn ready

Return to Wiretap Discussion