Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

2020 NBA Draft Contest 

Post#1 » by Ruzious » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Too soon? Not possible.

Everyone is welcome to participate with an entry of your mock draft for the 2020 NBA draft. Last year's champ was... Stillwater. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The scoring will be 4 points for every pick you get right, 2 points for every pick you're off by one on, and 1 point for every pick you're off by 2. For example, if you pick Jay Scrubb to go 4th and he goes 4th, you get 4 points for that pick. If he goes either 3rd or 5th, you get 2 points, and if he goes 2nd or 6th, you get 1 point. Not to mention, you win the internet if any of those Jay Scrubb scenarios happen.

If you're interested, please enter your mock in this thread. We'll only do the first round this year.

You can enter and edit in this thread from now until all the way up to an hour before the draft starts - when I'll close the thread.

Any rule changes will be added to this post. Please feel free to make suggestions.

Enjoy.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Contest 

Post#2 » by EMG518 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:16 am

Sounds good, thanks for hosting again. Reserving this spot, will post my mock a bit later.

1.Minnesota Timberwolves - Anthony Edwards
2.Golden State Warriors - James Wiseman
3.Charlotte Hornets - Lamelo Ball
4.Chicago Bulls - Tyrese Haliburton
5.Cleveland Cavaliers - Deni Avdija
6.Atlanta Hawks - Patrick Williams
7.Detroit Pistons - Killian Hayes
8.New York Knicks - Obi Toppin
9.Washington Wizards - Onyeka Okongwu
10.Phoenix Suns - Kira Lewis
11.San Antonio Spurs - Isaac Okoro
12.Sacramento Kings - Aaron Nesmith
13.New Orleans Pelicans - Devin Vassell
14.Boston Celtics (from Grizzlies) - Tyrell Terry
15.Orlando Magic - Tyrese Maxey
16.Detroit Pistons (from Houston Rockets (from Trail Blazers) - Precious Achiuwa
17.Minnesota Timberwolves (from Nets) - Cole Anthony
18.Dallas Mavericks - Jalen Smith
19.Brooklyn Nets (from Sixers) - RJ Hampton
20.Miami Heat - Saddiq Bey
21.Philadelphia 76ers (from Thunder) - Josh Green
22.Denver Nuggets (from Rockets) - Aleksej Pokusevski
23.New York Knicks (from Utah Jazz) - Desmond Bane
24.New Orleans Pelicans (from Milwaukee Bucks (from Pacers) - Theo Maledon
25.Oklahoma City Thunder (from Nuggets) - Jaden Mcdaniels
26.Boston Celtics - Jahmi'us Ramsey
27.Utah Jazz (from New York Knicks (from Clippers) - Robert Woodard
28.Oklahoma City Thunder (from Lakers) - Devon Dotson
29.Toronto Raptors - Tyler Bey
30.Boston Celtics (from Bucks) - Zeke Nnaji
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 1, 2020 12:32 am

This year will be tougher with the lack of updated prospect data and so many opting out of the combine etc.
I may or may not fill one out this time , but tbh until very close to the draft I think it will be very fluid.
I guess if GSW wasnt a highly likely to trade the pick team the shake up would be more predictable and MINN could also
move down if someone offers some ridiculous return.
right now I have chalk being Ball Hayes Edwards Okongwu and probably Wiseman in the top 5, but somebody like Vassell,Avdija,Anthony or even a lesser expected prospect like J Smith or Hampton could sneak into that range before its all over.
tbc
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#4 » by doordoor123 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Stillwater wrote:This year will be tougher with the lack of updated prospect data and so many opting out of the combine etc.
I may or may not fill one out this time , but tbh until very close to the draft I think it will be very fluid.
I guess if GSW wasnt a highly likely to trade the pick team the shake up would be more predictable and MINN could also
right now I have chalk being Ball Hayes Edwards Okongwu and probably Wiseman in the top 5, but somebody like Vassell,Avdija,Anthony or even a lesser expected prospect like J Smith or Hampton could sneak into that range before its all over.
tbc

I’ll do it if Stillwater does it
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:21 am

doordoor123 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:This year will be tougher with the lack of updated prospect data and so many opting out of the combine etc.
tbc

lol you can do one regardless of my participation chief
I don't have as much interest as most years tbh and have not followed anyone nearly as much as previous seasons etc.
Other than a couple targets for the Cavs.
I dont think my predictions would be very good since the entire process is a tough read this year.
Having prospects valued a certain way is one thing and I will do a big board most likely right before the draft, but trying to predict the actual draft outcome is exhausting.
imo with no clear stand out prospects outside of a few will be next to impossible to get it close at all.
There will be a plethora of teams trying to trade out of the first from 1-30 but there are very few orgs that will be willing to give up real value for any of the picks available and so it could force pick sellers to pick somebody that doesnt fit their roster at all in the name of trying to trade the player as a package after the moratorium.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by doordoor123 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:00 am

Stillwater wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
tbc

I don't have as much interest as most years tbh and have not followed anyone nearly as much as previous seasons etc.
I dont think my predictions would be very good since the entire process is a tough read this year.
Having prospects valued a certain way is one thing and I will do a big board most likely right before the draft, but trying to predict the actual draft outcome is exhausting.
imo with no clear stand out prospects outside of a few will be next to impossible to get it close at all.
There will be a plethora of teams trying to trade out of the first from 1-30 but there are very few orgs that will be willing to give up real value for any of the picks available and so it could force pick sellers to pick somebody that doesnt fit their roster at all in the name of trying to trade the player as a package after the moratorium.

You can still do it. It’s just names.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:20 am

doordoor123 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

apparently you dont take it seriously if thats your view... I took it serious last season and I won it...no big deal I missed on a lot of prospects but I will not take you seriously going forward I guess smh
There is no point in anyone doing it if they are not interested in it enough to follow all the orgs needs in addition to trying to predict what some gm is going to do with a pick that demands they overpay said available options. I am certainly one not all that interested since it is my belief that
the draft class sucks
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by doordoor123 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:30 am

Stillwater wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:lol you can do one regardless of my participation chief

apparently you dont take it seriously if thats your view... I took it serious last season and I won it...no big deal I missed on a lot of prospects but I will not take you seriously going forward I guess smh
There is no point in anyone doing it if they are not interested in it enough to follow all the orgs needs in addition to trying to predict what some gm is going to do with a pick that demands they overpay said available options. I am certainly one not all that interested since it is my belief that
the draft class sucks

I’m just not a fan of these excuses. I don’t see what the big deal is in doing this. Why do you feel all this pressure in doing this? It’s just opinions.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#9 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:56 am

doordoor123 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

the draft class sucks

I’m just not a fan of these excuses. I don’t see what the big deal is in doing this. Why do you feel all this pressure in doing this? It’s just opinions.

Not true
Dude let it go no matter how you misinterpret me trying to be nice regarding your soapbox attitude/ they are facts regarding my interest in this draft being so insanely negligible I have little interest in even responding to your bs ask.
make your own damn mock and quit trying to play God
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by doordoor123 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:05 am

Stillwater wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:apparently you dont take it seriously if thats your view... I took it serious last season and I won it...no big deal I missed on a lot of prospects but I will not take you seriously going forward I guess smh
the draft class sucks

Not true
Dude let it go no matter how you misinterpret me trying to be nice regarding your soapbox attitude/ they are facts regarding my interest in this draft being so insanely negligible I have little interest in even responding to your bs ask.
make your own damn mock and quit trying to play God

I’m not trying to make you angry. Maybe excuse was the wrong word. I really just don’t see why this is a big deal.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#11 » by Grodoboldo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:23 pm

Wow, this thread got weird fast. Did not see this coming.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#12 » by King Ken » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Its impossible to say without knowing the trades like last year
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#13 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:27 pm

King Ken wrote:Its impossible to say without knowing the trades like last year

I mean its worst than most since its teams wanting to trade out not up.
My biggest issue was and remains my personal disinterest in the prospect options outside of a few overall since covid took over limiting in gym access etc.
Maybe the nba survives this trainwreck next season but right now im literally at a point where helping rejuvenate my interest would have required some kind of predraft bubble
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#14 » by Spud2nique » Sun Nov 1, 2020 7:59 am

Stillwater won it last year because Spud didn’t play. You can take it seriously, not seriously, I don’t give a damn but I’d wipe the floor with you. You do sound like you ran a freakin marathon though, you made a freakin mock guy. :lol: Delicate genius much? :nonono:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#15 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 1, 2020 3:21 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Stillwater won it last year because Spud didn’t play. You can take it seriously, not seriously, I don’t give a damn but I’d wipe the floor with you. You do sound like you ran a freakin marathon though, you made a freakin mock guy. :lol: Delicate genius much? :nonono:

Post one then tough guy...we will see how you do. It aint about that. I aint interested in your opinion or respect either you havent earned mine at all.
Im not informed enough on this draft to be taken seriously outside the lottery not that you would anyway if being honest about that discredited my valuation for you on last years prospects then your a bad analyst and i wouldn't trust any prediction of yours.
P. S. Luka says hi and yes
Trae is the worst defender in the league exactly as i expected
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#16 » by Spud2nique » Sun Nov 1, 2020 4:19 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Stillwater won it last year because Spud didn’t play. You can take it seriously, not seriously, I don’t give a damn but I’d wipe the floor with you. You do sound like you ran a freakin marathon though, you made a freakin mock guy. :lol: Delicate genius much? :nonono:

Post one then tough guy...we will see how you do. It aint about that. I aint interested in your opinion or respect either you havent earned mine at all.
Im not informed enough on this draft to be taken seriously outside the lottery not that you would anyway if being honest about that discredited my valuation for you on last years prospects then your a bad analyst and i wouldn't trust any prediction of yours.

Well if I haven’t earned your respect then I’m gonna have a hell of a time falling asleep tonight.

Ps Tell Luka I said WHAT UP KID! :D Don’t worry Trae is gonna be juuuuuuuuust fine.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#17 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 1, 2020 7:31 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Well if I haven’t earned your respect then I’m gonna have a hell of a time falling asleep tonight.

Ps Tell Luka I said WHAT UP KID! :D Don’t worry Trae is gonna be juuuuuuuuust fine.

where is your big board and mock ? man what a push over you were
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#18 » by Spud2nique » Sun Nov 1, 2020 7:36 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Post one then tough guy...we will see how you do. It aint about that. I aint interested in your opinion or respect either you havent earned mine at all.

I already proved by worth by beating jamaal the self proclaimed ncaa champ of 2018! Go take a look at that. You apology should be just as loud back to me!
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#19 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 1, 2020 7:39 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

I already proved by worth by beating jamaal the self proclaimed ncaa champ of 2018! Go take a look at that. You apology should be just as loud back to me!

prove your self again then big man :nod:
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#20 » by EMG518 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 3:23 am

You are both really good looking, smart, and successful. Can we now get back on topic. Post a mock if you want to participate in the game.

Return to NBA Draft