ImageImageImageImageImage

Ladies And Gentlemen, Tyronne Lue

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Re: Ladies And Gentlemen, Tyronne Lue 

Post#101 » by nickhx2 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:22 pm

fantastic news. i wonder if there is anyone else the team is looking at?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,126

Post#102 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:33 pm

I like these hires. Hopefully they do the actual coaching and Lue is just the "CEO coach" like Mack Brown.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#103 » by esqtvd » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:01 pm

Welcome to Ballmerville, gentlemen

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#104 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:34 pm

playaloc916 wrote:Wow...

I'll be honest, when Lue was announced as head coach, with Chauncey and Larry Drew as the assistants, I wasn't exactly celebrating. That's a pretty thin coaching staff. But with these two coming, it becomes a 180. Both of them I would've preferred over Lue, so to have them as assistants, and with Ballmer probably breathing down Lue's neck, I'm quite pleased.

I think I'm more excited about James Bond, because whatever they are doing in Miami, it's working. We need some of that in this organization. Atkinson is just icing on the cake.

I think with this staff, Lue's playoff and Finals experience becomes a really good asset (whatever one's opinion of Lue.)
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#105 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:39 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Kelphus wrote:Let's give peace (and Tyronne Lue) a chance.

not everyone out there is an idiot

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/10/16/tyronn-lues-biggest-challenge-not-xs-and-os-with-clippers-its-uniting-locker-room/

That was a good summation of the team as it changed from 2018/19 to 2019/20. For sure the whole was not greater than the sum of the parts (or if so only intermittently during the regular season), and shrunk to being substantially less than the sum of the parts by the end of the playoffs. I think Doc miscalculated the effect the roster changes would have on the team and probably would have better adjusted this season, but that is long ago water under the bridge now. We didn't have time to run it back again and hope for better results.

I think the challenge is really going to be both uniting the locker room and fixing the X's and O's. With a couple of tweaks the ceiling for this team is still going to be really high.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#106 » by esqtvd » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:16 am

LATE ADD: Cassell to join Doc in Philly.

https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/philadelphia-76ers-sam-cassell-dan-burke-doc-rivers-20201028.html

After being passed over for even a promotion as a assistant and now probably pushed further down the Ballmer totem pole, Sam I Am has to get the hell out of here if only to save face.

Not the last Clipper to join Doc, rest assured--Doc being Doc with his loyalty to his favorites and things being what they are here under Kawhi's rule. If I'm Trezz I want out of here bad and will take any reasonable offer in Philly. Or anywhere. Trezz is NO admirer of "load management."

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/10/17/montrezl-harrell-and-lou-williams-respond-to-report-that-they-were-displeased-with-kawhi-leonard-sitting-games-during-regular-season/

This team has problems. This ORGANIZATION has problems. Outspending the rest of the NBA for players, coaches and FO help is no guarantee of anything.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/10/16/stephen-a-smith-kawhi-has-been-described-as-selfish-and-indifferent/
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,806

Post#107 » by og15 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Nothing is any guarantee of anything, but you do what you can. SAS is not the most reliable source out there, but whatever, rumours always come when a team doesn't have the success people expect, they could have some truth to them, they might just be made up or inferred from actual limited knowledge.

Harrell as a fit in Phily doesn't make sense unless a lot of their roster is changing, a top assistant following a head coach in a situation like this isn't abnormal. It can be hard for guys in such a situation to stay as an assistant to a guy they expected to get the job over.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#108 » by Captain Ballmer » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:33 pm

esqtvd wrote:LATE ADD: Cassell to join Doc in Philly.

https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/philadelphia-76ers-sam-cassell-dan-burke-doc-rivers-20201028.html

After being passed over for even a promotion as a assistant and now probably pushed further down the Ballmer totem pole, Sam I Am has to get the hell out of here if only to save face.

Not the last Clipper to join Doc, rest assured--Doc being Doc with his loyalty to his favorites and things being what they are here under Kawhi's rule. If I'm Trezz I want out of here bad and will take any reasonable offer in Philly. Or anywhere. Trezz is NO admirer of "load management."

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/10/17/montrezl-harrell-and-lou-williams-respond-to-report-that-they-were-displeased-with-kawhi-leonard-sitting-games-during-regular-season/

This team has problems. This ORGANIZATION has problems. Outspending the rest of the NBA for players, coaches and FO help is no guarantee of anything.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/10/16/stephen-a-smith-kawhi-has-been-described-as-selfish-and-indifferent/

What the fff you even talking about? All those craps comes from the bull Lakers-Lebron media and you buy them ha?

Kawhi is the only reason we eliminated Dallas. Period.
Kawhi is the only reason we're up 3-1 against Denver. Period.

We came up short, but Kawhi wasn'g even a part of the problem. If Lou&Harrell or whoever out there not see this, then they can let themselves out of the team. Don't let the door kick your ass on your way to the Philly.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#109 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:49 pm

og15 wrote:Nothing is any guarantee of anything, but you do what you can. SAS is not the most reliable source out there, but whatever, rumours always come when a team doesn't have the success people expect, they could have some truth to them, they might just be made up or inferred from actual limited knowledge.

Harrell as a fit in Phily doesn't make sense unless a lot of their roster is changing, a top assistant following a head coach in a situation like this isn't abnormal. It can be hard for guys in such a situation to stay as an assistant to a guy they expected to get the job over.

At this point, I don't put a lot of credence in what SAS said. We all know Kawhi is not the most outgoing guy, but it's actually the flashy 'look at me' guys that tend to be accused of being selfish. There are good (and bad) character examples of both introverts and extroverts.

To be sure, it does appear there were chemistry issues on our team last season. We had some different personality types on our team (as all teams do), but I don't believe there were any bad seeds that poisoned the team. So any off the court issues that significantly impacted our play last season and into the playoffs I ultimately put on the head coach to recognize and address. The shortened season made it more difficult to do, but getting past the 2nd round was the still the absolute minimum low bar that most of us would have accepted.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#110 » by esqtvd » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:09 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
og15 wrote:Nothing is any guarantee of anything, but you do what you can. SAS is not the most reliable source out there, but whatever, rumours always come when a team doesn't have the success people expect, they could have some truth to them, they might just be made up or inferred from actual limited knowledge.

At this point, I don't put a lot of credence in what SAS said. We all know Kawhi is not the most outgoing guy, but it's actually the flashy 'look at me' guys that tend to be accused of being selfish. There are good (and bad) character examples of both introverts and extroverts.

To be sure, it does appear there were chemistry issues on our team last season. We had some different personality types on our team (as all teams do), but I don't believe there were any bad seeds that poisoned the team. So any off the court issues that significantly impacted our play last season and into the playoffs I ultimately put on the head coach to recognize and address. The shortened season made it more difficult to do, but getting past the 2nd round was the still the absolute minimum low bar that most of us would have accepted.

We'll see what difference a new coach makes--or the subtraction of certain people. I think the problems are deeper.

But there can be no excuses for a superstar putting up ZERO points in the 4th quarter of a Game 7, I don't care who the coach is or who's on the court with him.
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#111 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:21 pm

esqtvd wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:

We'll see what difference a new coach makes--or the subtraction of certain people. I think the problems are deeper.

But there can be no excuses for a superstar putting up ZERO points in the 4th quarter of a Game 7, I don't care who the coach is or who's on the court with him.

I believe there were significant roster issues too, which might have capped the upside of last year's team to the Western Conference Finals (or perhaps a loss in the Finals?) I think other issues then contributed to not reaching that upside.
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior
And1: 146

Post#112 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:53 pm

esqtvd wrote:Welcome to Ballmerville, gentlemen

Haha, funny and yet true. Also, we need that logo back!! (Or at least a better logo than the current disgrace...)
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior

Info on Kenny Atkinson 

Post#113 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:36 pm

Interesting info on (our potential new Asst. Coach) Kenny Atkinson:

Coach Profile: The Good and Bad of Kenny Atkinson Part 1.
https://netsrepublic.com/coach-profile-good-bad-kenny-atkinson-1/

Kenny Atkinson: A modern coach in the NBA’s era of player empowerment
https://www.netsdaily.com/2019/10/25/20932717/kenny-atkinson-a-modern-coach-in-the-nbas-era-of-player-empowerment

The Nets will regret firing Kenny Atkinson
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/3/9/21171422/kenny-atkinson-brooklyn-nets-coaching-search
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,631

Post#114 » by KL2 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 12:18 am

Read on Twitter
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#115 » by nickhx2 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 1:08 am

great.

any news on kenny atkinson and dan craig?
KL2
Analyst

Post#116 » by KL2 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 1:26 am

Read on Twitter
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior

Post#117 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Mon Nov 9, 2020 2:25 am

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's great news!!!
KL2
Analyst

Post#118 » by KL2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:11 pm

I think I got them all.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#119 » by nickhx2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:10 pm

very excited to see how this coaching staff works together.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#120 » by nickhx2 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:54 am

Return to Los Angeles Clippers