Image ImageImage Image

Free Agent Targets

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#81 » by Ccwatercraft » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:05 am

StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Free Agent Targets 

Post#82 » by StunnerKO » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:42 pm

Roberson is a FA could come cheap seeing his health

https://youtu.be/VdvLeA_BBD8

R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#83 » by R3AL1TY » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:56 pm

I can see teams trading more this offseason when it comes to big moves since the FA market isn't good.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#84 » by StunnerKO » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#85 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:20 am

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

He fits the mold that AK likes out of his wings. Athletic and versatile. ex: Barton/Grant/Craig
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#86 » by ChettheJet » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:27 pm

Reading this

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2914124-every-nba-teams-2020-free-agency-big-board

I have to wonder why this writer thinks Kris Dunn is the top FA target for the Bulls, even knowing they have no cap space to sign anyone else. When you look through the other teams, he doesn't think any of them should be looking at Dunn. So what are the Bulls the only team with the insight to see the catch Dunn is or are they the only team desperate enough to sign him?
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#87 » by Butler4thewin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:39 pm

we need a superstar player but how we can get a legit one is not going to be easy .....maybe we can get westbrook cheap now and try to build a unique team with him lavine and have lauri at the 3 point line and sign cousins and make him stand at the 3 point line forcing apposing pgs to stop him 1 on 1
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#88 » by sco » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:52 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Reading this

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2914124-every-nba-teams-2020-free-agency-big-board

I have to wonder why this writer thinks Kris Dunn is the top FA target for the Bulls, even knowing they have no cap space to sign anyone else. When you look through the other teams, he doesn't think any of them should be looking at Dunn. So what are the Bulls the only team with the insight to see the catch Dunn is or are they the only team desperate enough to sign him?

Done with Dunn for 20-21!
:clap:
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#89 » by Butler4thewin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:26 pm

my dad told me today he saw something on the news saying ad was coming to the bulls after lakers .......have you guys heard any of this ?
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#90 » by GrowingHorns » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:00 am

Butler4thewin wrote:we need a superstar player but how we can get a legit one is not going to be easy .....maybe we can get westbrook cheap now and try to build a unique team with him lavine and have lauri at the 3 point line and sign cousins and make him stand at the 3 point line forcing apposing pgs to stop him 1 on 1

The day we sign Russ i stop following Bulls. I doubt AK will never be stupid enough to sign that infamous choker.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#91 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:50 am

I wonder if AKME have interest in bringing back one of Dunn or Harrison? maybe both?
Read on Twitter
sco
RealGM

Post#92 » by sco » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:44 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:I wonder if AKME have interest in bringing back one of Dunn or Harrison? maybe both?
Read on Twitter

We are going to be roster spot constrained, so I think they end up bringing back one of Dunn, Harrison or Valentine - hopefully on a vet min deal. It will depend on who we draft. If we draft a PG or C, I'd like to see us nab one of Saric, Giles or Jones Jr. on an MLE deal.
Magic beans
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#93 » by Magic beans » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:58 pm

sco wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:I wonder if AKME have interest in bringing back one of Dunn or Harrison? maybe both?
Read on Twitter

We are going to be roster spot constrained, so I think they end up bringing back one of Dunn, Harrison or Valentine - hopefully on a vet min deal. It will depend on who we draft. If we draft a PG or C, I'd like to see us nab one of Saric, Giles or Jones Jr. on an MLE deal.

Regarding our vets, and taking into consideration our roster ( dependant on our draft selection ) I view shaq as the best all around choice mainly due to his versatility just over Dunn. For me Valentine has to go.

FA available I would strongly pursue DJJ ( has massive potential on both sides of the ball ). I want to avoid pursuing any players with even the slightest injury concerns.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#94 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Nov 1, 2020 3:16 am

sco wrote:
Read on Twitter

I can see one or two moves being made to create a roster spot(s). Kornet for example should be waived.

Dunn and Shaq are really good defensive stoppers, would hate to see both being gone.

I'm on board for DJJ.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#95 » by Ccwatercraft » Sun Nov 1, 2020 4:49 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
sco wrote:
Read on Twitter

I can see one or two moves being made to create a roster spot(s). Kornet for example should be waived.

Dunn and Shaq are really good defensive stoppers, would hate to see both being gone.

I'm on board for DJJ.

Waiving kornet yes please. Or at least insist on him as filler, some kind of consolidation is necessary.
sco
RealGM

Post#96 » by sco » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:53 pm

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#97 » by Chi town » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:58 pm

DJ Augustin come on down
sco
RealGM

Post#98 » by sco » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:03 pm

Chi town wrote:DJ Augustin come on down

I'd love Grant here.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#99 » by ChettheJet » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 pm

Kornet is almost free and if you end up with Porter backing up Markkanen which one do you bet gets hurt first or for longer? You have 2 centers coming back from injuries Kornet provides a buffer before you get to Felicio. Are you really imagining some big difference maker signing for $2.2M ?

More than likely free agency is beyond the Bulls this year. There would have to be some kind of perfect situation present itself.

Let's say WASH sees their situation with Wall and Beal being untradable right now and doesn't want to commit to Bertans for 4 years. Their plan becomes to draft #9 and see if they can trade Wall or Beal after this season or maybe move them to S&T a FA. Could they see Thad Young as a one year stopgap for them, with his second year buyout so they take him in a S&T with Bertans.
It's not all equal value it can be how giving up a player sets up the finances going forward.

The same might apply to SAC with Bogdan, they sure can't believe that #12 is going to electrify their playoff chances as a rookie. So they take a step sideways chanage when they have to find a FA.

With the revenue, cap number and tax number not moving but teams with those big money contracts growing unchecked, it might be a different world after this season.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#100 » by MrSparkle » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:03 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Kornet is almost free and if you end up with Porter backing up Markkanen which one do you bet gets hurt first or for longer? You have 2 centers coming back from injuries Kornet provides a buffer before you get to Felicio. Are you really imagining some big difference maker signing for $2.2M ?

More than likely free agency is beyond the Bulls this year. There would have to be some kind of perfect situation present itself.

Let's say WASH sees their situation with Wall and Beal being untradable right now and doesn't want to commit to Bertans for 4 years. Their plan becomes to draft #9 and see if they can trade Wall or Beal after this season or maybe move them to S&T a FA. Could they see Thad Young as a one year stopgap for them, with his second year buyout so they take him in a S&T with Bertans.
It's not all equal value it can be how giving up a player sets up the finances going forward.

The same might apply to SAC with Bogdan, they sure can't believe that #12 is going to electrify their playoff chances as a rookie. So they take a step sideways chanage when they have to find a FA.

With the revenue, cap number and tax number not moving but teams with those big money contracts growing unchecked, it might be a different world after this season.

I kind of feel like you are better off playing Thad or Hutchinson at C than Kornet. Having 2 bad + 2 awful centers in the NBA is so bonkers. Bill Wennington would take this lot to school. I'd understand if they were some long-shot, rare prospects like Bol Bol, but man... I would not be surprised if Artunas takes a C with the 2nd rd pick, and he outplays all the Bulls veteran bigs (Felicio and Kornet). They really are that bad; I'd be willing to bet a #60 pick would take their minutes.

I'd rather eat the salaries and sign a G-League C (fighting for an NBA spot), sooner than these guaranteed scrubs we have.

Return to Chicago Bulls