ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1221 » by Daaaarryyl » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:24 pm

Anthony DiComo
@AnthonyDiComo
· 21m
Source: the Mets intend to extend Marcus Stroman a qualifying offer by tomorrow's deadline. It is worth $18.9 million.
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#1222 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:27 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
RShahNyC89 wrote:Let Stroman's ass walk.

I'd prefer short, high AAV deals for Morton and Kluber. And if we're really thinking of s[ending money, I'd prefer Bauer. He has a **** you attitude and I think with Syndergod there would be some swagger to us.

I think we can expect to go after and sign one of Bauer, JT Realmuto, or Springer.

ONE??? Shyt i want all 3 but will settle for 2.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#1223 » by blueNorange » Sun Nov 1, 2020 7:59 pm

this is the real steven cohen apparently, look at our owner CONNECTING with the fans.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,933

Post#1224 » by Jeffrey » Sun Nov 1, 2020 8:00 pm

blueNorange wrote:this is the real steven cohen apparently, look at our owner CONNECTING with the fans.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I already sent him a tweet.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1225 » by blueNorange » Sun Nov 1, 2020 8:01 pm

this dude is a winner..
Read on Twitter
?s=20
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1226 » by blueNorange » Sun Nov 1, 2020 8:06 pm

a lot of journalists confirmed that is indeed him.

my man started a response off by saying "nah" ... steve cohen and the mets are going to take over baseball, would not be shocked if the yankees get rid of their "no facial hair" rule after witnessing free agents signing with the mets instead.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,452

Post#1227 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Nov 1, 2020 10:31 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
blueNorange wrote:this is the real steven cohen apparently, look at our owner CONNECTING with the fans.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

What did you say?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1228 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Nov 1, 2020 10:39 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
RShahNyC89 wrote:Let Stroman's ass walk.

I'd prefer short, high AAV deals for Morton and Kluber. And if we're really thinking of s[ending money, I'd prefer Bauer. He has a **** you attitude and I think with Syndergod there would be some swagger to us.

I think we can expect to go after and sign one of Bauer, JT Realmuto, or Springer.

Bauer seems like a headache. He wants to pitch every 4 days for example. How’s that going to work out with Jake and the rest of the staff? We have Noah coming back fro TJS so he’ll need to be handled with care too.

If we resign Stroman and maybe another pitcher like Charlie Morton or one of the others in his category plus maybe we bring back Porcello as a 6th starter, we’d be in good shape

Jake
Noah
Stroman
Peterson
FA signee
Porcello (depth)

If we go with Giminez at SS, then maybe we can trade Rosario for some young pitcher?
Free Palestine
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1229 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Nov 2, 2020 12:16 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Bauer seems like a headache. He wants to pitch every 4 days for example. How’s that going to work out with Jake and the rest of the staff? We have Noah coming back fro TJS so he’ll need to be handled with care too.

If we resign Stroman and maybe another pitcher like Charlie Morton or one of the others in his category plus maybe we bring back Porcello as a 6th starter, we’d be in good shape

Jake
Noah
Stroman
Peterson
FA signee
Porcello (depth)

If we go with Giminez at SS, then maybe we can trade Rosario for some young pitcher?

I think i'm done with the Porcello experiment after last year. I love that he wanted to play in NY but he was just plain bad. I would definitely talk with deGrom before signing Bauer and even talk with other pitchers that have been on the same team as him to get an idea of what he's like to have around you. We know he's outspoken with the media but would like to know what he's like as a teammate and that's what i would use for my decision to sign him or not. Noah acts like a kid as well and i would trade Noah if we could get Bauer and get a nice return for Noah.

All these guys will be names we'll be hearing as trade targets for super star type players like Lindor and others i would think.

Rosario
Nimmo
McNeil
JD Davis
Dom

I would hate to see every single one of them get traded, besides Rosario, but they just don't have one certain position except for Dom and we know his spot is taken by Pete and i'm hearing they probably won't keep the DH in the NL which i hate. It would be really really tough to see any one Nimmo, McNeil, Davis or Dom go but for the right players i would deal with it. I don't think all 4 would get traded but a couple would. McNeil would be at the top of my list to keep of those 4 but love all 4 of them.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1230 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 2, 2020 12:31 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Jake
Noah
Stroman
Peterson
FA signee
Porcello (depth)

I think i'm done with the Porcello experiment after last year. I love that he wanted to play in NY but he was just plain bad. I would definitely talk with deGrom before signing Bauer and even talk with other pitchers that have been on the same team as him to get an idea of what he's like to have around you. We know he's outspoken with the media but would like to know what he's like as a teammate and that's what i would use for my decision to sign him or not. Noah acts like a kid as well and i would trade Noah if we could get Bauer and get a nice return for Noah.

All these guys will be names we'll be hearing as trade targets for super star type players like Lindor and others i would think.

Rosario
Nimmo
McNeil
JD Davis
Dom

I would hate to see every single one of them get traded, besides Rosario, but they just don't have one certain position except for Dom and we know his spot is taken by Pete and i'm hearing they probably won't keep the DH in the NL which i hate. It would be really really tough to see any one Nimmo, McNeil, Davis or Dom go but for the right players i would deal with it. I don't think all 4 would get traded but a couple would. McNeil would be at the top of my list to keep of those 4 but love all 4 of them.

So we're keeping Cano as the everyday second baseman? I mean, he a great year this past abbreviated season but c'mon. He needs to be on a team where he can DH as well. I really want to move forward with McNeil as the everyday 2Bman. I like to see Cohen eat some of that contract and move Cano in a trade to the American League. I know Cano has a NTC so maybe we have to tell him he'll be a bench piece going forward unless he becomes more reasonable about the situation.

I can see keeping Nimmo but only in LF. So that would mean moving JD unless he's our everyday 3Bman which I'd be okay with.

Now here's the rub, Dom Smith is a better overall player than Pete and clearly the better fielder at 1B. Yeah, we get that 50 HR yearly potential from Pete but he's looking like a .250-.260 hitter who has a propensity for being very streaky. If we sign JT and Springer we'll have a very solid lineup without Pete and imagine the haul we could get back for him? Remember that Dom was a FRP, Pete wasn't.

Nimmo
Conforto
Smith
Springer
McNeil
JD Davis
JT Realmuto
Giminez
P
Free Palestine
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#1231 » by Jeffrey » Mon Nov 2, 2020 1:00 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

What did you say?

Basically saying that there's no luxury tax on getting the best scouts, coaches and analytics team.

Most Mets fans are not looking for you to add top FAs every year but we don't want to count insurance money to figure how much the Mets budget is.
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#1232 » by Jeffrey » Mon Nov 2, 2020 1:02 am

This is the perfect storm for Steve Cohen to come into due to pandemic:

Have a lot of cash
A lot of owners are non-tendering guys
Good FAs that can plug the holes we need
Teams will probably trade their high salary guy for below value market(F U Brodie)
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,233

Post#1233 » by Papi_swav » Mon Nov 2, 2020 3:03 am

I really hope the Mets can put together a good squad. It would be good for baseball and good for NY in general. Would be cool for you guys to get Springer.
RShahNyC89
Junior
And1: 404

Post#1234 » by RShahNyC89 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 7:45 pm

I'm so excited and everything I read and hear from the guy makes me think this is going to be a turning point in Mets history.

1) Invest in scouting/player development/analytics
2) Stop investing in washed up big names
3) Prioritize defense/pitch framing
4) Prioritize bullpen
5) Consolidate B assets into A assets
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1235 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 2, 2020 8:23 pm

Papi_swav wrote:I really hope the Mets can put together a good squad. It would be good for baseball and good for NY in general. Would be cool for you guys to get Springer.

springer, realmuto, bauer, brad hand.

then next year lindor

LOL Y U MAD THO?
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1236 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Nov 2, 2020 11:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Jake
Noah
Stroman
Peterson
FA signee
Porcello (depth)

Rosario
Nimmo
McNeil
JD Davis
Dom

So we're keeping Cano as the everyday second baseman? I mean, he a great year this past abbreviated season but c'mon. He needs to be on a team where he can DH as well. I really want to move forward with McNeil as the everyday 2Bman. I like to see Cohen eat some of that contract and move Cano in a trade to the American League. I know Cano has a NTC so maybe we have to tell him he'll be a bench piece going forward unless he becomes more reasonable about the situation.

I can see keeping Nimmo but only in LF. So that would mean moving JD unless he's our everyday 3Bman which I'd be okay with.

Now here's the rub, Dom Smith is a better overall player than Pete and clearly the better fielder at 1B. Yeah, we get that 50 HR yearly potential from Pete but he's looking like a .250-.260 hitter who has a propensity for being very streaky. If we sign JT and Springer we'll have a very solid lineup without Pete and imagine the haul we could get back for him? Remember that Dom was a FRP, Pete wasn't.

Nimmo
Conforto
Smith
Springer
McNeil
JD Davis
JT Realmuto
Giminez
P

Well first of all i didn't know R.Cano has a full NTC so that could end up being an issue cause he made it very clear how happy he was to be back in NY when we traded for him. I was one of the very few believers that Cano could still be a very good hitter for at least 3 more years which would mean i still think he can next year as well as long as he stays healthy. I'm a huge J.McNeil fan and would rather have him as our everyday 2B over Cano so if we can find a way to trade Cano then i'm all for it.

I wasn't trying to say we need to trade all the guys i listed, i was saying we could trade any of them for a super star level talent and meant i'm sure we'll be hearing all those names quite a bit in plenty of trade rumors that will absolutely surround the Mets this offseason now that we have the richest owner in baseball.

I'm also with you on trading Pete and getting a load in return for him and giving Dom the everyday 1B job. He's a much better defensive 1B and really much better at everything but hitting HR's and making us laugh with some of the stuff he says.

I'm also just fine with Nimmo going to LF and getting a true CF in here but i hope it's not one that's just for his defense. I want G.Springer who supposedly doesn't want to be in Houston anymore. I've also heard Jackie Bradley who i like but not over Springer. That would be like if we have to sign James McCann instead of JT Realmuto. Don't get me wrong cause i'd still be happy with Bradley and McCann but i'm hoping for better.
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#1237 » by Jeffrey » Tue Nov 3, 2020 12:43 am

With the Cano trade, I thought it was dumb and it's not because of Cano's abilities. Brodie seriously set a precedent here by giving up a top prospect while taking back a lot of money. Seattle only gave the Mets 20 million.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1238 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 3, 2020 8:47 am

Jeffrey wrote:With the Cano trade, I thought it was dumb and it's not because of Cano's abilities. Brodie seriously set a precedent here by giving up a top prospect while taking back a lot of money. Seattle only gave the Mets 20 million.

He also thought he was getting back the best young reliever in baseball who was under team control for the foreseeable future. I don't pretend to know how much weight this gets but I think it gets some.
Free Palestine
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#1239 » by Jeffrey » Tue Nov 3, 2020 7:42 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:With the Cano trade, I thought it was dumb and it's not because of Cano's abilities. Brodie seriously set a precedent here by giving up a top prospect while taking back a lot of money. Seattle only gave the Mets 20 million.

He also thought he was getting back the best young reliever in baseball who was under team control for the foreseeable future. I don't pretend to know how much weight this gets but I think it gets some.

And was that worth it?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1240 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 3, 2020 8:33 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

And was that worth it?

Oh definitely a bad trade from a roomie GM. The bigger issue to me was the fact that the Wilpons or anyone under them didn’t have to good sense to put the breaks on Brodie.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks