ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread *UPDATES*

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,504

Re: Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread *UPDATES* 

Post#261 » by RaptorPride » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:29 am

Spoiler:

nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#262 » by nabbs » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:30 pm

OG Anunoby was at the Klutch pro day yesterday. Every Klutch client was there

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
RapsFan2000
Junior
And1: 233

Post#263 » by RapsFan2000 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:01 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:

That's a sweet stroke! Hopefully he becomes another gem on the Raptors and steps up!
RapsFan2000
Junior
And1: 233

Re: Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread 

Post#264 » by RapsFan2000 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:05 am

lolwut wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:

I hate playing with guys like Stanley Johnson that take off their shirt in pickup. They're all sweaty and nasty, and you can't really guard them properly because they're so slippery.

Lmao, this made me laugh. If it's skins v shirts which we did in college ball at times, that's cool. Otherwise, yeah if you're that dude who sweats buckets, keeping a shirt on may be better :lol:
nabbs
RealGM

Post#265 » by nabbs » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:18 pm

OG was at the pro day with all the other Klutch guys

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
nabbs
RealGM

Post#266 » by nabbs » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:29 pm

Dewan working out with a trainer in Miami who is also currently training Biz, Herro, Cole Anthony, James Wiseman, Tim Hardaway Jr

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,831

Post#267 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 1, 2020 2:08 pm

I just read that the NBA wants you guys to host your games at the Prudential Center here in New Jersey. The community in that area would welcome your guys with open arms and I'm sure your team will find some nice places to stay in the surrounding areas while they are down here. I hope it works out and keeps the players safe.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
t54zhao
Junior
And1: 579

Post#268 » by t54zhao » Sun Nov 1, 2020 2:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I just read that the NBA wants you guys to host your games at the Prudential Center here in New Jersey. The community in that area would welcome your guys with open arms and I'm sure your team will find some nice places to stay in the surrounding areas while they are down here. I hope it works out and keeps the players safe.

You think Raptors could pull away some Knicks and Nets fans?
My challenge to the Vaccine truthers, make a prediction and sig it.
Mine: In 2023, rates of heart attacks & strokes amongst vaccinated people, never infected with COVID will be similar (+-5%) when compared to people of same age in 2018.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,273

Post#269 » by Brinbe » Sun Nov 1, 2020 3:43 pm

rooting for newark too. makes the most sense. super close proximity to the knicks/nets/sixers and boston isn't too far either.

looks like it's happening

Read on Twitter
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,145

Post#270 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Nov 1, 2020 6:19 pm

t54zhao wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I just read that the NBA wants you guys to host your games at the Prudential Center here in New Jersey. The community in that area would welcome your guys with open arms and I'm sure your team will find some nice places to stay in the surrounding areas while they are down here. I hope it works out and keeps the players safe.

as a Toronto mans living in New York, yes please. if they allow some fans to attend games that would be awesome.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#271 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Nov 1, 2020 6:21 pm

Brinbe wrote:rooting for newark too. makes the most sense. super close proximity to the knicks/nets/sixers and boston isn't too far either.

looks like it's happening

Read on Twitter

sounds awesome. the only joy of going to New Jersey, albeit on either the PATH or New Jersey Transit from Manhattan :lol:
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#272 » by Zeno » Sun Nov 1, 2020 6:48 pm

The other two locations mentioned, Nashville and Tampa Bay just happen to be in income tax free states. I wonder if they do Nashville, if Marc would come back on a hometown discount since he'd be so close to Memphis.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,831

Post#273 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 2, 2020 5:08 pm

t54zhao wrote:

If there is community engagement (in a safe manner) between the Raptors and the citizens in Newark and the surrounding areas, I think you will make some new fans out of younger kids in the area.

It's kind of exciting honestly. Too bad we won't be able to attend games.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,967

Post#274 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 5:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
t54zhao wrote:

If there is community engagement (in a safe manner) between the Raptors and the citizens in Newark and the surrounding areas, I think you will make some new fans out of younger kids in the area.

It would especially cool, and perhaps inspiring to the Newark community, if the Raps instead of flying ride their super-cool BLM-bedecked buses to and through NYC, Philadelphia and Boston. Flying, with the lack of air circulation, has proven to be a great way to spread the Coronavirus. There's no way the team is going outside the EST time zone.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#275 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 5:37 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
t54zhao wrote:

if they they allow social distanced seating, they can recoup some costs. masks on etc.

maybe even get a potential 3rd team in the area down the road if the market is in need of one. It would be kinda crazy to have 3 teams sitting so close to one another. you think there is drama between the Nets and Knicks fans, lets introduce a third team. that would be awesome.

Bridge and Tunnel Series.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#276 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Nov 2, 2020 9:40 pm

Engelbrecht said players are back on the court, and there are pockets where scrimmages are happening in the U.S.

“Los Angeles is sort of like a summer training hub. I don’t know if you can call this a summer, but in the last maybe three weeks there have been a lot of NBA players on the ground,” he said. “I’ve gone into gyms and seen our guys – OG (Anunoby), Norm (Powell), Pascal (Siakam) — they are back playing and working out. There is definitely some energy about when the season is going to start.”
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,967

Post#277 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 9:47 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
t54zhao wrote:

if they they allow social distanced seating, they can recoup some costs. masks on etc.

maybe even get a potential 3rd team in the area down the road if the market is in need of one. It would be kinda crazy to have 3 teams sitting so close to one another. you think there is drama between the Nets and Knicks fans, lets introduce a third team. that would be awesome.

Everyone's missing the big picture here. Stephen A. might become a Raps fan. This could be huge!

But (obligatory whine):

Spoiler:
Make no mistake, as a seasons ticket holder, this is really pissing me off. Trudeau has to let the pro teams cross the border. If Biden wins tomorrow (or sometime this week) :pray:, it should be a no brainer.
nabbs
RealGM

Post#278 » by nabbs » Tue Nov 3, 2020 12:47 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Engelbrecht said players are back on the court, and there are pockets where scrimmages are happening in the U.S.

“Los Angeles is sort of like a summer training hub. I don’t know if you can call this a summer, but in the last maybe three weeks there have been a lot of NBA players on the ground,” he said. “I’ve gone into gyms and seen our guys – OG (Anunoby), Norm (Powell), Pascal (Siakam) — they are back playing and working out. There is definitely some energy about when the season is going to start.”

This is good to know. Pascal, OG, Norm, Siakam are all working out in LA or in and around LA I see

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#279 » by Zeno » Tue Nov 3, 2020 12:54 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Everyone's missing the big picture here. Stephen A. might become a Raps fan. This could be huge!

But (obligatory whine):

Spoiler:
Make no mistake, as a seasons ticket holder, this is really pissing me off. Trudeau has to let the pro teams cross the border. If Biden wins tomorrow (or sometime this week) :pray:, it should be a no brainer.

As much as I’m praying for the idiot to lose for the good of humanity as a whole, I don’t think the US election will have any effect on the border reopening in the short-term.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,297

Post#280 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Nov 5, 2020 11:41 pm

I think the only chance the Raptors play in Toronto is when rapid testing becomes widely adopted.

The nba said they planned to only create the first half of the schedule so it would allow for any make up games if needed. I'd bet there's a good chance that for the 2nd half of our schedule, the raptors will come back home.

Return to Toronto Raptors