Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,804

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1061 » by Stanford » Sun Nov 1, 2020 5:13 pm

MVP1992 wrote:I'm done with this clown.

Not surprising. Loser Trump supporters typically dislike people exercising their right to vote.
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#1062 » by MVP1992 » Tue Nov 3, 2020 9:15 pm

Stanford wrote:

Not surprising. Loser Trump supporters typically dislike people exercising their right to vote.

Righto champ.

Was that a personal attack on me by a forum mod?
calling me a loser? :lol:
9-0

‘We’ll teach Donald Trump a valuable lesson: don’t mess with the women in America unless you want to get the benefit’. Joe Biden
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,983

Post#1063 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 3, 2020 9:17 pm

MVP1992 wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Righto champ.

Well, that is what your president calls people he doesn't agree with. So if the shoe fits...
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1064 » by Stanford » Tue Nov 3, 2020 9:18 pm

MVP1992 wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Righto champ.

Your time is up
MVP1992
Rookie

Post#1065 » by MVP1992 » Tue Nov 3, 2020 9:20 pm

Stanford wrote:
MVP1992 wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Righto champ.

Your time is up

Why are you upset?

I have a sense of humour. You should try it...
9-0

‘We’ll teach Donald Trump a valuable lesson: don’t mess with the women in America unless you want to get the benefit’. Joe Biden
MVP1992
Rookie

Post#1066 » by MVP1992 » Tue Nov 3, 2020 9:23 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
MVP1992 wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Righto champ.

Well, that is what your president calls people he doesn't agree with. So if the shoe fits...

I'd happily trade our 'Prime Minister' for President Trump. Will throw in our Greens ministers for salary filler :D
9-0

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,730

Post#1067 » by Negrodamus » Tue Nov 3, 2020 9:57 pm

“I hate Ben because he encouraged his followers to vote” is a hell of a take.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,029

Post#1068 » by Sixerscan » Tue Nov 3, 2020 11:15 pm

MVP1992 wrote:I only started following the 76ers because of Ben Simmons.

Once he's traded I'll still stick with the 76ers.
I'm done with this clown.

"Ben Simmons
@BenSimmons25
I exercised my right to #vote #BidenHarris2020
@morethanavote
Make your vote count (his favourite wanker emoji) "

Are we supposed to believe this guy followed Ben Simmons so closely he joined an NBA basketball forum to follow his team and didn't have any heads up as to his political leanings? Like did you just get a twitter this weekend or something? I'm assuming you're not that dense or oblivious and are just pretending so you can complain about politics. It's a completely innocuous tweet, and it's the most obvious thing in the world that you're trying to bait people into responding to you. Go do that nonsense somewhere else.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,409

Post#1069 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 4, 2020 6:26 am

How does Iggy compare to Ben when he was 23-24 years old (Ben’s age)? Who’s better and is the difference big?

Iggy was averaged like 18-19ppg 6rpg and 6apg on 2spg at that point. Both have 20-23% usage.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,163

Post#1070 » by God Squad » Wed Nov 4, 2020 10:26 am

MVP1992 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
MVP1992 wrote:
Righto champ.

I'd happily trade our 'Prime Minister' for President Trump. Will throw in our Greens ministers for salary filler :D

Hell no. We good over here.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,163

Post#1071 » by God Squad » Wed Nov 4, 2020 10:27 am

Good on Ben for using his platform to speak up.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#1072 » by Foshan » Wed Nov 4, 2020 11:56 am

@all
Realgm has an off topic forum that has lots of political takes. You are welcome to take your feelings and expressions there.
skulky
Junior
And1: 94

Post#1073 » by skulky » Wed Nov 4, 2020 12:15 pm

Back to our regularly scheduled Ben needs to shoot 3s and now sprinkle in some harden trade comments.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1074 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Nov 4, 2020 5:10 pm

Honestly I think Ben's value is at an all time high. He has proven his defensive chops, he has continued to improve with his aggressive driving and setting up teammates. And he handled the shift to PF with grace.

And, he actually attempted legit NBA 3 point shots multiple times in real games.

Whether or not he comes out firing up 5 3PA per game, he has shown a willingness to do it, which was always his biggest knock.

And he has shown video evidence of the shot going in on multiple attempts from various positions. This alone is enough for teams to see that the kid CAN shoot, and in the right setting that allows him to do it on his own timeline, he could still blossom into an elite superstar capable of leading his team to titles.

I think of the fact that he's 24 years old. LBJ was 27 when he won his first title.

So a team that is maybe rebuilding/retooling and has some "win now" guys they could offer to Philly, and all the sudden they add Ben to a young core and draft picks...that could be exactly what Ben and the Sixers both need.

Sixers win the next 3 titles, then Ben leads his new team to the finals for a few years during Embiids last stretch.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,116

Post#1075 » by Arsenal » Wed Nov 4, 2020 5:39 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Honestly I think Ben's value is at an all time high. He has proven his defensive chops, he has continued to improve with his aggressive driving and setting up teammates. And he handled the shift to PF with grace.

And, he actually attempted legit NBA 3 point shots multiple times in real games.

Whether or not he comes out firing up 5 3PA per game, he has shown a willingness to do it, which was always his biggest knock.

And he has shown video evidence of the shot going in on multiple attempts from various positions. This alone is enough for teams to see that the kid CAN shoot, and in the right setting that allows him to do it on his own timeline, he could still blossom into an elite superstar capable of leading his team to titles.

I think of the fact that he's 24 years old. LBJ was 27 when he won his first title.

So a team that is maybe rebuilding/retooling and has some "win now" guys they could offer to Philly, and all the sudden they add Ben to a young core and draft picks...that could be exactly what Ben and the Sixers both need.

Sixers win the next 3 titles, then Ben leads his new team to the finals for a few years during Embiids last stretch.

Daryl Morey will figure it out. If Ben gets past his mental block and starts shooting normally, its worth keeping him to see how well he develops. If not, time to send his ass.
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#1076 » by sodmoraes » Thu Nov 5, 2020 5:19 pm

Ben showed zero improvement in his shooting abilities since drafted, you may even argue that he got worst, since he shot some 15 ft jumpers in his rookie season.

It's unlikely that he will ever be a decent shooter, we should trade him now. Without a decent shot Simmons isnt all that.

I would trade Ben for Harden in a heartbeat.People get biased with potential . Yes, Simmons got a lot a potential , but it's unlikely he will reach it. Harden would give us a real shot to win it all. Imagine how much easier would be for Embiid, to play with Harden, all that space...
Arsenal wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:Honestly I think Ben's value is at an all time high. He has proven his defensive chops, he has continued to improve with his aggressive driving and setting up teammates. And he handled the shift to PF with grace.

Daryl Morey will figure it out. If Ben gets past his mental block and starts shooting normally, its worth keeping him to see how well he develops. If not, time to send his ass.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1077 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 6, 2020 6:35 am

But think of it’s probability..

Our team now with no major moves’ probability to win a championship in the next 3 years then Ben leading this team to a championship VERSUS the probability of Harden and Biid winning the next 3 years and Morey finding a young player to play with Harden and Biid in the next 3 years.

The later seems to be more like a scenario in the Morey world and is more realistic in the real world.

As you said, Ben’s value is an all time high. That should keep Morey excited to stay up at night.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ConstableChaos
Junior
And1: 205

Post#1078 » by ConstableChaos » Sat Nov 7, 2020 12:25 am

Both in College (his godfather or something) and in the NBA (with the BB - Dave Simmons connection) Ben Simmons has never had anyone from outside his 'circle' coaching him

Literally the first time in his career he may have someone throw a rocket up him and get him to attempt some shots - if he can't do it this season there is no hope.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1079 » by Stanford » Sat Nov 7, 2020 1:08 am

ConstableChaos wrote: if he can't do it this season there is no hope.

Sure, unless he does it the season after that. Or the season after that. Or the season after that one.

But yeah, this season.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1080 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 7, 2020 7:19 am

ConstableChaos wrote:Both in College (his godfather or something) and in the NBA (with the BB - Dave Simmons connection) Ben Simmons has never had anyone from outside his 'circle' coaching him

Literally the first time in his career he may have someone throw a rocket up him and get him to attempt some shots - if he can't do it this season there is no hope.

I could be wrong.

But he spent last offseason to train with Jimmy’s trainer..

..just to play like how he used before he train with Jimmy’s trainer.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers