Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#601 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 4:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some of this stuff should be ban worthy Jam!

Hey, I just provide content for you guys to discuss.

Me posting it does not make it an endorsement for or against...

:lift:

It would be useful if you post wether you are for or against to also further the discussion at the time of your initial posting.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#602 » by kg01 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 5:41 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some of this stuff should be ban worthy Jam!

It would be useful if you post wether you are for or against to also further the discussion at the time of your initial posting.

Whaaaaat? You want 'mal to actually take a stance on something? Other than wanting the coach fired?

Not likely. 'Cause somebody would look up his old posts and phantom-like them out of the blue.

:)
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#603 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 5:45 pm

kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Whaaaaat? You want 'mal to actually take a stance on something? Other than wanting the coach fired?

Not likely. 'Cause somebody would look up his old posts and phantom-like them out of the blue.

:)

:nod: :lol:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#604 » by Spud2nique » Mon Nov 2, 2020 6:21 pm

I believe track record to be very important otherwise you are listening to the opinion of people who wanted to draft Collin Sexton or not trade Bembry for Jaylen Brown. Back to the HOEtel! :lol: #neverforget
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#605 » by kg01 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 6:35 pm

Still?

C'mon man.
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#606 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 2, 2020 6:51 pm

kg01 wrote:Whaaaaat? You want 'mal to actually take a stance on something?

Not likely.

I share my opinions pretty often. They just aren't very popular...

Spoiler:
Ummm....
  • I suspect kg, Spud and jayu are all the same person...just split personalities in the same body,
  • I think Travis Schlenk is the best GM we've ever had.
  • I think Ressler has been good overall for the franchise.
  • I think Budenholzer was a good regular season coach who struggled in the playoffs...and had terrible player evaluation skills.
  • I like the acquisition of Capela. He was a bargain pickup at a position of need on a solid contract.
  • I like the Trae trade Travis made...but I would have just drafted Luka
  • I believe Trae is a flawed star -- we'll likely need every draftee to hit their peak for us to truly contend. More likely, we'll consolidate some of the players to get a 2nd star.
  • I hope that 2nd star is Ben Simmons -- but i'd settle for Joel Embiid.
  • I have no idea if Cam Reddish reaches his full potential. If it happens, it'll likely be on the 2nd contract. Probably on his 2nd team.
  • John Collins isn't good enough to be the 2nd best player for a true contender
  • I don't believe Lloyd Pierce is the same coach that leads to contention. Not based on him specifically, but the history of the recent NBA
  • I believe Obi Toppin is the best offensive player in this draft
  • Killian Hayes has the most star potential
  • I still like Devin Vassell the most from this draft --I believe he has the makings of an All Star SG
  • I still love Wendell Carter more than certain members of my own family

NOTE: I am more than okay with you guys going through my past writings. Good or bad, right or wrong -- it's really instructive to see what we've ALL believed over the past few years. And how those opinions have changed.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#607 » by Spud2nique » Mon Nov 2, 2020 10:26 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:Whaaaaat? You want 'mal to actually take a stance on something?

Not likely.

I share my opinions pretty often. They just aren't very popular...

Spoiler:
Ummm....
  • I suspect kg, Spud and jayu are all the same person...just split personalities in the same body,
  • I think Travis Schlenk is the best GM we've ever had.
  • I think Ressler has been good overall for the franchise.
  • I think Budenholzer was a good regular season coach who struggled in the playoffs...and had terrible player evaluation skills.
  • I like the acquisition of Capela. He was a bargain pickup at a position of need on a solid contract.
  • I like the Trae trade Travis made...but I would have just drafted Luka
  • I believe Trae is a flawed star -- we'll likely need every draftee to hit their peak for us to truly contend. More likely, we'll consolidate some of the players to get a 2nd star.
  • I hope that 2nd star is Ben Simmons -- but i'd settle for Joel Embiid.
  • I have no idea if Cam Reddish reaches his full potential. If it happens, it'll likely be on the 2nd contract. Probably on his 2nd team.
  • John Collins isn't good enough to be the 2nd best player for a true contender
  • I don't believe Lloyd Pierce is the same coach that leads to contention. Not based on him specifically, but the history of the recent NBA
  • I believe Obi Toppin is the best offensive player in this draft
  • Killian Hayes has the most star potential
  • I still like Devin Vassell the most from this draft --I believe he has the makings of an All Star SG
  • I still love Wendell Carter more than certain members of my own family

NOTE: I am more than okay with you guys going through my past writings. Good or bad, right or wrong -- it's really instructive to see what we've ALL believed over the past few years. And how those opinions have changed.

On board with Devin Vassell. Definitely NOT with Killian, I don’t like his soft demeanor he’s gonna get worked. Obi Toppin...are we including guards? Still, he is a reach for us at 6 when we have Collins.

By the way, have you seen my body. I’m a little ashamed to say it, but, I’m beautiful. :nod: If we are in the same body, then they must be loving life! :D
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#608 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 3, 2020 8:22 am

If we came away with Okongwu and Riller I’d be ecstatic.

Okongwu and Riller/Tre Jones/Cassius Winston/Quickley

If we go guard help early, then big late,

Hali and Paul Reed/ Nnaji

A+ draft in either scenario for me.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#609 » by ShayDee » Wed Nov 4, 2020 4:23 pm

Hey guys, kind of a newish(About 2 years) Half hawks half Trae(I believe in him even with his doubters) fan and with the rumor's about Hayward and Jrue being traded I came up with something that might help the Hawks.

PG Trae, Teague, Goodwin

SG Jrue, Huerter, E'Twaun Moore

SF Hayward, Cam, Bembry

PF John, Hunter, Skal

C Capela, Dedmond, Bruno

The roster seems really balanced with shooting, rim protection, scoring and defense. Might suck to lose the picks but this roster could contend for ECF maybe barring injuries and the bench core could be motivated to try and maybe earn starting spots
jayu70
RealGM

Post#610 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 4, 2020 4:42 pm

ShayDee wrote:Hey guys, kind of a newish(About 2 years) Half hawks half Trae(I believe in him even with his doubters) fan and with the rumor's about Hayward and Jrue being traded I came up with something that might help the Hawks.

PG Trae, Teague, Goodwin

SF Hayward, Cam, Bembry

PF John, Hunter, Skal

C Capela, Dedmond, Bruno

The roster seems really balanced with shooting, rim protection, scoring and defense. Might suck to lose the picks but this roster could contend for ECF maybe barring injuries and the bench core could be motivated to try and maybe earn starting spots
I'm not generally opposed to the players. My thoughts:
There is no reason for Atlanta to give up anything of value to execute a SnT for Hayward. We have enough capspace to sign him outright if he opts out. All Boston would get is a TPE in principle. I don't think the Hawks should sign Hayward to a 4 year/$25 mil deal considering his injury history. 2+1 TO is preferable.
Regarding Jrue, he is on a 1 year deal, he has a PO that I would prefer him to pick up for the #6 pick. If not, I'd prefer for NOP to include #13. Also note, I read Jrue is looking for $30 mil per on his next deal, meaning he will become a FA after next season, so the Hawks will have to be willing to pony up. Collins and Trae's upcoming extensions also need to be considered.
Having said all that, I don't know if the Hawks want to take themselves entirely out of next season FA bonanza and considering COVID relating cap issues, I don't think it's a move they make for both players. Maybe 1.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#611 » by ShayDee » Wed Nov 4, 2020 5:00 pm

jayu70 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:Hey guys, kind of a newish(About 2 years) Half hawks half Trae(I believe in him even with his doubters) fan and with the rumor's about Hayward and Jrue being traded I came up with something that might help the Hawks.

PG Trae, Teague, Goodwin

SF Hayward, Cam, Bembry

PF John, Hunter, Skal

C Capela, Dedmond, Bruno

There is no reason for Atlanta to give up anything of value to execute a SnT for Hayward. We have enough capspace to sign him outright if he opts out. All Boston would get is a TPE in principle. I don't think the Hawks should sign Hayward to a 4 year/$25 mil deal considering his injury history. 2+1 TO is preferable.
Regarding Jrue, he is on a 1 year deal, he has a PO that I would prefer him to pick up for the #6 pick. If not, I'd prefer for NOP to include #13. Also note, I read Jrue is looking for $30 mil per on his next deal, meaning he will become a FA after next season, so the Hawks will have to be willing to pony up. Collins and Trae's upcoming extensions also need to be considered.
Having said all that, I don't know if the Hawks want to take themselves entirely out of next season FA bonanza and considering COVID relating cap issues, I don't think it's a move they make for both players. Maybe 1.

I just put random numbers for Hayward. I'm unsure what kind of deal the hawks would sign him for but the last year on the 4 year deal could be PO/Team option and the deal I proposed there is a declining 4 year 80 mil contract. So 1st year is 25mil and last year is 16 mil, right around the time for Cam and Hunters extensions. Also I like Hayward hear because he is kind of like a do it all SF, Can pass defend, hit open shots and he could be your teams Vet presence, along with Jrue.

The reason I proposed the trade deals with the 2 other teams is, I think Boston would sing and trade him to another team of his preferences if they offer something better in a trade. I think Hayward would help your team so much and the OKC pick would probably be the best asset BOS would get for him. The pick might also not convey(because OKC might tank in 2022) and the Hawks won't give any future picks.

For Jrue, a 1 year rental would be a good deal to kick start a winning mentality for the younger players on this team. His defensive effort and playmaking could also be huge to pair with Trae. I think that the 6th pick outright would be the best deal the Pelicans would get for Jrue and if you are offering a pick swap, then I think other teams like Denver/Nets maybe have a better package. The 6th pick also would not help the hawks much next year, because there are so many players on this roster that will get so many more minutes than the 6th pick. Now Jrue is 31 and might be a 1 year rental, But, If you get to the 2nd round of the playoffs, that's a huge Deal for the Hawks and the development of the young guys towards winning. If Jrue leaves, then Hawks become a prime FA destination because of the winning culture and potentially having 2 allstars on the roster. Although, if hawks Keep Collins, then the cap space might be gone for a max player, but if Collins is still here, it means that he has taken a leap from last year to a legit all star with above average defense and shot creation ability

But if Jrue wants to stay and every young guy makes a nice jump, then the Hawks would be dangerous in the 2022 season. 1 FA in 2021 could guarantee a Championship barring injuries
jayu70
RealGM

Post#612 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 4, 2020 5:08 pm

ShayDee wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
PG Trae, Teague, Goodwin

SF Hayward, Cam, Bembry

PF John, Hunter, Skal

C Capela, Dedmond, Bruno

I just put random numbers for Hayward. I'm unsure what kind of deal the hawks would sign him for but the last year on the 4 year deal could be PO/Team option and the deal I proposed there is a declining 4 year 80 mil contract. So 1st year is 25mil and last year is 16 mil, right around the time for Cam and Hunters extensions. Also I like Hayward hear because he is kind of like a do it all SF, Can pass defend, hit open shots and he could be your teams Vet presence, along with Jrue.

The reason I proposed the trade deals with the 2 other teams is, I think Boston would sing and trade him to another team of his preferences if they offer something better in a trade. I think Hayward would help your team so much and the OKC pick would probably be the best asset BOS would get for him. The pick might also not convey(because OKC might tank in 2022) and the Hawks won't give any future picks.

For Jrue, a 1 year rental would be a good deal to kick start a winning mentality for the younger players on this team. His defensive effort and playmaking could also be huge to pair with Trae. I think that the 6th pick outright would be the best deal the Pelicans would get for Jrue and if you are offering a pick swap, then I think other teams like Denver/Nets maybe have a better package. The 6th pick also would not help the hawks much next year, because there are so many players on this roster that will get so many more minutes than the 6th pick. Now Jrue is 31 and might be a 1 year rental, But, If you get to the 2nd round of the playoffs, that's a huge Deal for the Hawks and the development of the young guys towards winning. If Jrue leaves, then Hawks become a prime FA destination because of the winning culture and potentially having 2 allstars on the roster. Although, if hawks Keep Collins, then the cap space might be gone for a max player, but if Collins is still here, it means that he has taken a leap from last year to a legit all star with above average defense and shot creation ability

But if Jrue wants to stay and every young guy makes a nice jump, then the Hawks would be dangerous in the 2022 season. 1 FA in 2021 could guarantee a Championship barring injuries
If he starts at $25 mil, the decline in each year has to be in 8% increments, so it'll be more like 25, 23, 21, 19. But again, if we are doing a SnT it means Hayward wants to be in Atlanta so there is no need to offer any incentive to Boston since we have capspace. If it's another team doing a SnT then it means Hayward want to be with that team and not Atlanta, Boston can't complete a SnT without him wanting to go to a specific team and giving his consent.
Jrue - I get the winning side, but if we don't and then he leaves we've just wasted an asset.
I just don't see Atlanta blowing ALL there capspace on 2 - 31 year olds.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#613 » by ShayDee » Wed Nov 4, 2020 5:23 pm

jayu70 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
jayu70 wrote: I'm not generally opposed to the players. My thoughts:

If he starts at $25 mil, the decline in each year has to be in 8% increments, so it'll be more like 25, 23, 21, 19. But again, if we are doing a SnT it means Hayward wants to be in Atlanta so there is no need to offer any incentive to Boston since we have capspace. If it's another team doing a SnT then it means Hayward want to be with that team and not Atlanta, Boston can't complete a SnT without him wanting to go to a specific team and giving his consent.
Jrue - I get the winning side, but if we don't and then he leaves we've just wasted an asset.

Well even better that nothing of value goes to Boston. But if it's a sign and trade don't they have to get something as well? Also which bottom 4 EC team would be better than the Hawks? I can see MIL, BOS, MIA, BRK, PHI making the playoffs. Other teams like IND, ORL, TOR would be comparable to the hawks. But the new hawks roster I proposed seem to be on par with only TOR and better than the other 2 teams if everyone plays to their ability, or even better. And the team has a chance to beat a team like MIA, BOS and PHI in the playoffs

I mean Trae in the regular season always schooled PHI and MIA
jayu70
RealGM

Post#614 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 4, 2020 5:32 pm

ShayDee wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:

Well even better that nothing of value goes to Boston. But if it's a sign and trade don't they have to get something as well? Also which bottom 4 EC team would be better than the Hawks? I can see MIL, BOS, MIA, BRK, PHI making the playoffs. Other teams like IND, ORL, TOR would be comparable to the hawks. But the new hawks roster I proposed seem to be on par with only TOR and better than the other 2 teams if everyone plays to their ability, or even better. And the team has a chance to beat a team like MIA, BOS and PHI in the playoffs

A fake 2nd would suffice (protected 31-56 something like that) for the SnT where Boston receives a TPE. Like I said, I like the roster in general.
If Jrue picks up his option for 2021/22 and discusses an extension, I'm in.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#615 » by ShayDee » Wed Nov 4, 2020 5:57 pm

jayu70 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
jayu70 wrote:If he starts at $25 mil, the decline in each year has to be in 8% increments, so it'll be more like 25, 23, 21, 19. But again, if we are doing a SnT it means Hayward wants to be in Atlanta so there is no need to offer any incentive to Boston since we have capspace. If it's another team doing a SnT then it means Hayward want to be with that team and not Atlanta, Boston can't complete a SnT without him wanting to go to a specific team and giving his consent.

A fake 2nd would suffice (protected 31-56 something like that) for the SnT where Boston receives a TPE. Like I said, I like the roster in general.

So 6 straight up for rental of Jrue is overpay in your opinion? What if the pelicans offer one of the laker picks. And I think Hawks and Pelicans have some relationship since you guys already have dealt with each other(the Hunter trade up)
jayu70
RealGM

Post#616 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 4, 2020 6:30 pm

ShayDee wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:

So 6 straight up for rental of Jrue is overpay in your opinion? What if the pelicans offer one of the laker picks. And I think Hawks and Pelicans have some relationship since you guys already have dealt with each other(the Hunter trade up)

Jrue picks up his option and negotiates an extension - I'm in. If it he doesn't, I think we should be getting back their #13 as well.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#617 » by D21 » Thu Nov 5, 2020 10:30 am

jayu70 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
jayu70 wrote:A fake 2nd would suffice (protected 31-56 something like that) for the SnT where Boston receives a TPE. Like I said, I like the roster in general.

Jrue picks up his option and negotiates an extension - I'm in. If it he doesn't, I think we should be getting back their #13 as well.

Agree on this, no extension, no 6th pick
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#618 » by NYG » Fri Nov 6, 2020 2:09 am

This obviously assumes Atlanta doesn't like what is on the board for them at 6...

Would they have any interest in a Culver + 17 for 6 deal? I'm just trying to think of a move that better fits their timeline than an expiring veteran.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#619 » by jayu70 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 2:25 am

NYG wrote:This obviously assumes Atlanta doesn't like what is on the board for them at 6...

Would they have any interest in a Culver + 17 for 6 deal? I'm just trying to think of a move that better fits their timeline than an expiring veteran.

I'm not.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#620 » by NYG » Fri Nov 6, 2020 2:28 am

jayu70 wrote:
NYG wrote:This obviously assumes Atlanta doesn't like what is on the board for them at 6...

I'm not.

Haha I figured I'm getting blasted for the idea. I just think any realistic trade activity starts at 6 this year's draft so kicking around ideas. I don't think anything worth it gets offered for #1 or #2, but I could see 6 being a turning point.

Return to Atlanta Hawks