How good was Dino Rada?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,199

How good was Dino Rada? 

Post#1 » by Tracymcgoaty » Tue Nov 3, 2020 5:47 am

Played 4 years for the Boston Celtics posting some good numbers.

4 years 16/9 with 1 block on good efficiency. So why did he only play 4 years? Was it like Arrvydas where he joined the Nba late in age? How would he had fared in todays game?
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,667

Re: How good was Dino Rada? 

Post#2 » by penbeast0 » Wed Nov 4, 2020 9:07 pm

Radja reminds me more of an Al Jefferson or Luis Scola type, somewhere between those two. Don't remember him playing good defense or having particularly good passing skills though the fundamentals were there. Good post play with a bit of range. Could score and had some primacy on some weak Celtic teams, but never scared anyone.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Yuri36
Sixth Man
And1: 1,413

Post#3 » by Yuri36 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:13 am

He was a good player but still can't swallow the fact that he made the HOF while his far more talented fellow countryman, Toni Kukoc, didn't make it.
Toni just was "unlucky" to play when he was at his peak in a team with probably the 2 best players around back then and so his minutes were limited.
But anyone who watched the games knew that Kukoc was all star caliber.
DQuinn1575
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#4 » by DQuinn1575 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:50 pm

Yuri36 wrote:He was a good player but still can't swallow that he made the HOF while his far more talented fellow countryman, Toni Kukoc, didn't make it.
Toni just was "unlucky" to play when he was at his peak in a team with probably the 2 best players around back then and so his minutes were limited.

Based on his play in Europe and world championships Kukoc will someday make the hall of fame.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#5 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:32 pm

DQuinn1575 wrote:
Yuri36 wrote:He was a good player but still can't swallow that he made the HOF while his far more talented fellow countryman, Toni Kukoc, didn't make it.

Based on his play in Europe and world championships Kukoc will someday make the hall of fame.

I'm shocked he's not already in it.
DQuinn1575
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#6 » by DQuinn1575 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
DQuinn1575 wrote:

I'm shocked he's not already in it.

He should have made it before Radja or Divac, he has a much better case for either of them, and I would say Bon Morse who played in Italy in the 70s, probably should be in ahead of those two as well.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#7 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:13 pm

He was verry good offensively 20/10 with high shooting percentage, good finishing, good mid range game, technically verry solid with sneaky athleticism. He was not great defender and he had injuries in early 30 so he didnt last many years, which was product of many games played with national team and long training camps in mid 80 (4-5 months). If i have to compare him with currrent nba players better version of Nurkic, Domantas Sabonis, John Collins or Elton Brand from 2000.
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,879

Post#8 » by ronnymac2 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:39 pm

Whoever was running the Toronto Raptors at their start should be banned from the NBA for life for not trading for a guy named Dino.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river

Return to Player Comparisons