ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XIX

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,739

Re: Random Thoughts XIX 

Post#1601 » by Chalm Down » Thu Nov 5, 2020 9:13 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:anybody else staying up for election results tonight

though I guess it's already time for bish's morning run over there

3hrs of sleep here, not unusual for me... But the anxiety is wretched.

Seems that we're pretty much trash still, Biden"s path manifesting but man if I had to choose one-- I would've taken the Senate over the presidency. Just have to keep pushing

hmm actually disagree, feel like presidency will always be most important, for either party

though seems like there's a decent chance both georgia seats will go to runoff. billion dollar atl gt campaigns incominggg
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1602 » by Chalm Down » Thu Nov 5, 2020 9:16 pm

goodboy wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
goodboy wrote:Who's winning

they are counting by abacus in the remaining states, so still don't know

I was so looking forward to it the night of, now get it over with. You guys love dragging.

we are dramatic like that. though I think they also want to be extra careful and airtight with results in case there is any lawsuits (though those are mostly hot air imo)
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1603 » by Chalm Down » Thu Nov 5, 2020 9:18 pm

goodboy wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
goodboy wrote:In November?

yes, I don't drink much hot coffee

you can get me a hot chocolate tho

Who doesnt drink hot coffee, this phucking guy.

And Hot chocolate, what is this boot scout camp.

i said what i said
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1604 » by goodboy » Thu Nov 5, 2020 9:32 pm

Chalm Down wrote:
goodboy wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
yes, I don't drink much hot coffee

you can get me a hot chocolate tho

Who doesnt drink hot coffee, this phucking guy.

i said what i said

where is that pope, i havent seen him since forever
Bright
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1605 » by Chalm Down » Thu Nov 5, 2020 9:35 pm

goodboy wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
goodboy wrote:Who doesnt drink hot coffee, this phucking guy.

i said what i said

busy counting the ballots
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1606 » by goodboy » Thu Nov 5, 2020 9:53 pm

Chalm Down wrote:
goodboy wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
i said what i said

lmao

Hes gonna pope the whole country
Bright
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1607 » by Chalm Down » Thu Nov 5, 2020 10:01 pm

goodboy wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
goodboy wrote:where is that pope, i havent seen him since forever

lmao

Hes gonna pope the whole country

just went on another lunch break after counting 10 ballots smh
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,357

Post#1608 » by Bishop45 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 3:00 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:anybody else staying up for election results tonight

though I guess it's already time for bish's morning run over there

Seems that we're pretty much trash still, Biden"s path manifesting but man if I had to choose one-- I would've taken the Senate over the presidency. Just have to keep pushing

hmm actually disagree, feel like presidency will always be most important, for either party

though seems like there's a decent chance both georgia seats will go to runoff. billion dollar atl gt campaigns incominggg

Symbolically, I think the presidency is more important, but the Senate just holds so much power-- it's especially a bad time to let McConnell stuff the country into gridlock

Those run-offs are encouraging, but having faith in georgia is a no-no for me. I'll pay to have a goat sacrificed in Warnock/Ossof's favor, but can't say it will do anything for my confidence in them
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1609 » by Chalm Down » Fri Nov 6, 2020 3:12 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Symbolically, I think the presidency is more important, but the Senate just holds so much power-- it's especially a bad time to let McConnell stuff the country into gridlock

Those run-offs are encouraging, but having faith in georgia is a no-no for me. I'll pay to have a goat sacrificed in Warnock/Ossof's favor, but can't say it will do anything for my confidence in them

I think this election has reinforced the idea for me that Americans are content with (if not prefer) congressional gridlock...granted as long as they get some sort of second covid stimulus check passed

With georgia's tight margins, I wouldn't be surprised if Warnock/Purdue split tickets end up deciding it. Loeffler just seems too unpopular after the stock trading thing, otherwise I would think Republicans would sweep in a special election
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1610 » by Bishop45 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 3:33 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:

I think this election has reinforced the idea for me that Americans are content with (if not prefer) congressional gridlock...granted as long as they get some sort of second covid stimulus check passed

With georgia's tight margins, I wouldn't be surprised if Warnock/Purdue split tickets end up deciding it. Loeffler just seems too unpopular after the stock trading thing, otherwise I would think Republicans would sweep in a special election

Popularity doesn't count for much with these types of stakes, especially when it comes to national politics-- look at Susie Collins, her constituents hate her guts

I'll wave a goatskin in the air for them, but I am ye of little faith

Rest in Power Chadwick

Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1611 » by Chalm Down » Fri Nov 6, 2020 4:14 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Popularity doesn't count for much with these types of stakes, especially when it comes to national politics-- look at Susie Collins, her constituents hate her guts

Do they hate Collins? She just blew out her opponent in a state that Biden carried easily. Ofc looking at polls I would have thought Collins would lose, but they were way off for this year's senate cycle. Pollsters have some soul searching to do, though I guess Covid may have also contributed some variance this year

But you're probably right about Loeffler, any Republicans that don't like her will probably suck it up, especially if Biden wins. Though I guess it will be slightly less high stakes if the Republicans end up winning in NC and Alaska seats
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1612 » by Bishop45 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 4:31 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:

Do they hate Collins? She just blew out her opponent in a state that Biden carried easily. Ofc looking at polls I would have thought Collins would lose, but they were way off for this year's senate cycle. Pollsters have some soul searching to do, though I guess Covid may have also contributed some variance this year

But you're probably right about Loeffler, any Republicans that don't like her will probably suck it up, especially if Biden wins. Though I guess it will be slightly less high stakes if the Republicans end up winning in NC and Alaska seats

I don't blame pollsters too much, none of the circumstances around this yr/election was very normal

And you're right, maybe I'm mistaken her being hated nationwide for her being hated locally-- but she's an embarrassment for sure

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4addz9/susan-collins-started-2020-as-the-most-disliked-us-senator-she-just-won-reelection

All the stink around these Georgia run-offs makes Beto not running for Senate even worse-- I legitimately thought he had a decent enough shot

Rest in Power Chadwick

HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1613 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Nov 6, 2020 5:00 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

I don't blame pollsters too much, none of the circumstances around this yr/election was very normal

And you're right, maybe I'm mistaken her being hated nationwide for her being hated locally-- but she's an embarrassment for sure

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4addz9/susan-collins-started-2020-as-the-most-disliked-us-senator-she-just-won-reelection

All the stink around these Georgia run-offs makes Beto not running for Senate even worse-- I legitimately thought he had a decent enough shot

I think certain pollsters were willfully biased in reporting their results (i.e. ABC/Wash post reporting WI as a +17 Biden). You can’t expect 100% accuracy from a poll, but some polls are beyond reason. Unfortunately, the entire industry has been dragged down by these willfully deceptive polls. In addition, the media and the ballot counting process has also come under heavy scrutiny and is on the brink of being viewed illegitimate by many people.

I don’t care who you are, or what your political affiliation is. The paramount concern of everyone needs to be maintaining faith in the system. Every concern needs to be addressed, not dismissed.

The American people have spoken this election, but without a legit ballot counting process we have no idea what message they sent, nor do we have a media very willing to try to interpret/share it.
OP for NBA FT record
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1614 » by Bishop45 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 5:11 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:

I think certain pollsters were willfully biased in reporting their results (i.e. ABC/Wash post reporting WI as a +17 Biden). You can’t expect 100% accuracy from a poll, but some polls are beyond reason. Unfortunately, the entire industry has been dragged down by these willfully deceptive polls. In addition, the media and the ballot counting process has also come under heavy scrutiny and is on the brink of being viewed illegitimate by many people.

I don’t care who you are, or what your political affiliation is. The paramount concern of everyone needs to be maintaining faith in the system. Every concern needs to be addressed, not dismissed.

The American people have spoken this election, but without a legit ballot counting process we have no idea what message they sent, nor do we have a media very willing to try to interpret/share it.

Wait, what's been proven illegitimate about this ballot counting process?

Rest in Power Chadwick

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1615 » by Bishop45 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 5:22 am

This is wild yo', the type scandals these guys have/will get away with

This is acceptable here, now; we're likely screwed

Read on Twitter

Rest in Power Chadwick

HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1616 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Nov 6, 2020 1:36 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

The thing about legitimacy is it has to be earned. Illegitimacy does not need to be proven. Poll watchers being prevented from seeing counts in Philly is hurting the legitimacy of the ballot counting process. They could have very good reasons for not allowing thise poll watchers, but they are not being transparent about it. This in turn is hurting some people’s faith in the system. I am of the opinion that more transparency in government is always a good thing unless harm can come to people through transparency.

In contrast to legitimacy, something illegal must be proven and no I do not have evidence of that nor am I looking to go down that road.
OP for NBA FT record
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1617 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Nov 6, 2020 1:44 pm

Bishop45 wrote:This is wild yo', the type scandals these guys have/will get away with

This is acceptable here, now; we're likely screwed

Read on Twitter

From that article:

Pennsylvania election law currently holds that ballots received after Election Day without a clear postmark would be presumed valid though subject to rebuttal.

I’m wondering what that “rebuttal” process for a ballot is. If a ballot is mailed on November 6th, received November 9th, but has a missing or hard to read postmark, who determines the ballot is legit?
OP for NBA FT record
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,167

Post#1618 » by Heat3 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 4:21 pm

Flipping through the channels and I see Chris Bosh on “The Real”. Apparently he is a music producer now. Some things on his youtube page.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1619 » by Bishop45 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 4:29 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

The thing about legitimacy is it has to be earned. Illegitimacy does not need to be proven. Poll watchers being prevented from seeing counts in Philly is hurting the legitimacy of the ballot counting process. They could have very good reasons for not allowing thise poll watchers, but they are not being transparent about it. This in turn is hurting some people’s faith in the system. I am of the opinion that more transparency in government is always a good thing unless harm can come to people through transparency.

In contrast to legitimacy, something illegal must be proven and no I do not have evidence of that nor am I looking to go down that road.

There isn't a road to go down, public officials doing their jobs without a hint of wrongdoing= legitimacy

I fear you have fallen victim to a right-wing conspiracy, which many ppl do.

Rest in Power Chadwick

HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1620 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Nov 6, 2020 4:40 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

There isn't a road to go down, public officials doing their jobs without a hint of wrongdoing= legitimacy

I fear you have fallen victim to a right-wing conspiracy, which many ppl do.

Public officials job is to be transparent first and foremost and they are not being transparent in Philly. Poll watchers are being denied access. This isn’t a theory. Are you disputing my fact?

At the end of the day, I’m not accussing anyone of anything other than saying the lack of transparency is harming the legitimacy of the ballot counting process. More than anything else, we need to ensure our voting process maintains its integrity. Regardless of which candidate wins. This isn’t about Republican or Democrat, this is about the Union.
OP for NBA FT record

Return to Miami Heat