ImageImageImage

2020 Draft : Future Nugs

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: 2020 Draft : Future Nugs 

Post#61 » by skywalker33 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 2:56 am

Really starting to like SF Saddig Bey, looks like he can be an OG-type defender who can score better than OG. He won't last until the 22nd pick, I see him going 14-17th range. What would it take to get in that range ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#62 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Nov 2, 2020 7:29 am

skywalker33 wrote:Really starting to like SF Saddig Bey, looks like he can be an OG-type defender who can score better than OG. He won't last until the 22nd pick, I see him going 14-17th range. What would it take to get in that range ?

This draft is all over the map. I've seen players being guessed as #15 and second round. A lot of teams aren't putting faith in this draft. I'm not sure what it would take to move up to 14-17 but it'll probably take less than is usual.
skywalker33

Post#63 » by skywalker33 » Mon Nov 2, 2020 4:11 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Really starting to like SF Saddig Bey, looks like he can be an OG-type defender who can score better than OG. He won't last until the 22nd pick, I see him going 14-17th range. What would it take to get in that range ?

This draft is all over the map. I've seen players being guessed as #15 and second round. A lot of teams aren't putting faith in this draft. I'm not sure what it would take to move up to 14-17 but it'll probably take less than is usual.

Then perhaps a better question is, what would the Nuggets be willing to give up to secure Bey ?? Monte Morris, PJ Dozier, a future pick ?

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Nov 2, 2020 8:30 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

Then perhaps a better question is, what would the Nuggets be willing to give up to secure Bey ?? Monte Morris, PJ Dozier, a future pick ?

That's an interesting question. I'm not a fan of trading Morris. I think Morris with Murray might be a nice pairing - unless of course Harris and/or Barton are playing SG. Then Morris might be expendable. I'd be more willing to trade Dozier and/or a future pick. But Dozier & #22 is too high a price IMO.

Let's consider who might be interested?
12 Sacramento -- They don't need guards IMO - 2 future picks?
13 New Orleans - If Holiday and/or Ball are gone, they could use another PG
14 Boston - Maybe, a backup for Walker
15 Orlando - Maybe, Fultz & Augustin (who is getting old)
16 Portland - Only 3 guards, but good ones, maybe a 4th
17 Minnesota - Russell is their only solid PG, so maybe
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#65 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 3, 2020 2:21 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:This draft is all over the map. I've seen players being guessed as #15 and second round. A lot of teams aren't putting faith in this draft. I'm not sure what it would take to move up to 14-17 but it'll probably take less than is usual.

That's an interesting question. I'm not a fan of trading Morris. I think Morris with Murray might be a nice pairing - unless of course Harris and/or Barton are playing SG. Then Morris might be expendable. I'd be more willing to trade Dozier and/or a future pick. But Dozier & #22 is too high a price IMO.

Let's consider who might be interested?
12 Sacramento -- They don't need guards IMO - 2 future picks?
13 New Orleans - If Holiday and/or Ball are gone, they could use another PG
14 Boston - Maybe, a backup for Walker
15 Orlando - Maybe, Fultz & Augustin (who is getting old)
16 Portland - Only 3 guards, but good ones, maybe a 4th
17 Minnesota - Russell is their only solid PG, so maybe

The Spurs at 11 have a lot of young guards and really need some forwards, although I am not sure they would trade down much as they seem to be in a decent spot to get some forwards.

Also we saw how Morris and Murray were together on defense in the Jazz series, no way am I okay with them being our starting back court.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#66 » by stoo » Fri Nov 6, 2020 10:26 am

Guys, can somebody help me. Sorry if this was already mentioned here, I was lazy to read..

I don't know much about college basketball, and just few weeks ago I started learning about draft prospects.

Can somebody tell me who would be the candidates in 15-60 range in this draft, 6'8/6'9+ , strong body that could be immediatelly inserted into the team as a role player. Maybe some senior.. Somebody who hustles and can hit some 3

I'd like to take a deep look into 4,5 top candidates
NotSinceWilt
skywalker33

Post#67 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 4:48 pm

Hey Stoo, here's my favorite mock site, has always given some good insight.

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2020-nba-mock-draft/

MY top 4 that could fit your wish list is Saddiq Bey (probably have to move up to get him), Precious Achiuwa (same) and a couple of interesting prospects are Isaiah Stewart and Zeke Nnaji, both more C's than F's.

skywalker33

Post#68 » by skywalker33 » Sat Nov 7, 2020 9:42 pm

OK, even though we don't have a 2nd (yet), here are some sleeper I think would be good fits

1) SG/SF Jay Scrubb - Talented wing who has range and depth, good size for a SG, and seems like an OK defender. Reminds me of Latrell Sprewell/Will Barton type. Could be a black hole though, his assists aren't spectacular at 2.7 per game and he needs to work on his 3-pt pct but he feels like he could allow us to trade Will Barton in time.

2) PF Paul Reed - A very good defender who reminds me of Paul Millsap. He has a nice wingspan, has good lateral quickness, and protects the rim. He's got shot-blocker timing. Needs to add weight to be considered at PF. Can play the PnR well. We already have KBD but who couldn't use another player like him. Looks like a high 2nd to me.

3) F Robert Woodard II - Seems like a Draymond clone. He's got a 7-1 wingspan, is a strong defender, has a great frame. He's has a decent 3-pt shot but he's more a defender than an offensive player. Moving up, probably a late 1st rounder.

4) PG Grant Riller - a 6-2 PG who can score. He's older (4-yr guy) but that's let him hone his game. Very quick and elusive , seems to have a 2nd gear, He knows how to work defender. Would be an upgrade in replacing Morris.

5) SG Cassius Stanley - High profile shooting guard who hasn't lived up to his pressers. A bit off-kilter but has good vision, can pass and score. Reckess on his drives to the basket, needs better IQ but he's a JR Smith type athlete....JR is a good comparison.

Let hear yours, I can use some more hidden gems !

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Nov 8, 2020 2:57 am

2nd round sleepers? I'm looking at players not likely to be in the 1st round or early 2nd round. There are a few that I think might be 1st round or early 2nd that I'm not going to list.

Reggie Perry F - aggressive player, rebounds, hustles, defends - either forward slot.
Udoka Azubuike C - won't fit on most teams but might make a solid Jokic-similar backup: 7' w/7'7" wingspan and not a light-weight.
Sam Merrill SG - shoots 40%+ from 3pt and grabs a few rebounds, assist-to-turnover is 3-1

Want to stash a player? Nick Richards C - plays more like a wing but is 7' w/7'3" wingspan - does not look NBA ready, but shows potential - at 250 lbs, he won't be pushed around by too many players.
KJStark23
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#70 » by KJStark23 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:48 pm

skywalker33

Post#71 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:54 pm

KJStark23 wrote:

Typically I rip on these types of self-promotions but I took the time to watch and found it very on target. Not sure I buy Tyler Bey at 22 but I could see Josh Green there. Only gave 3 options but all 3 predictions had merit. They also seemed to have done some research on the Nuggets without just lip-service. While I doubt they are true Nuggets fans, they're definitely NBA fans and seem up on the league.

KJ, you need to cut down on the "ya knows", just an observation on your delivery

skywalker33

Post#72 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:36 pm

Nuggets have had workouts with Josh Green and Zeke Nnaji. Both could be had at #22 IMO, both could be good options IMO.

RJ Hampton got a workout as well today.

Also, rumors have it that the Nuggets want to move into the top 10, my guess is for Devin Vassell (pure speculation on my part) but what would they be willing to move ?? Easily #22, but does adding their 2022 1st get it done ? Will they have to add a player like Dozier or even Barton ??

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#73 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:13 am

skywalker33 wrote:Nuggets have had workouts with Josh Green and Zeke Nnaji. Both could be had at #22 IMO, both could be good options IMO.

Also, rumors have it that the Nuggets want to move into the top 10, my guess is for Devin Vassell (pure speculation on my part) but what would they be willing to move ?? Easily #22, but does adding their 2022 1st get it done ? Will they have to add a player like Dozier or even Barton ??

I think that was a Sam Amico rumor so take it with a huge grain of salt.

That being said I don't think Dozier gets you close to a top 10 pick, but I could see Morris doing it. I could see the Knicks taking Morris and the 22nd for the 8th pretty easily. Pistons might do it as well. I could see the Hawks, Cavs, and Knicks having interest in Barton as well.
skywalker33

Post#74 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:54 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Nuggets have had workouts with Josh Green and Zeke Nnaji. Both could be had at #22 IMO, both could be good options IMO.

That being said I don't think Dozier gets you close to a top 10 pick, but I could see Morris doing it. I could see the Knicks taking Morris and the 22nd for the 8th pretty easily. Pistons might do it as well. I could see the Hawks, Cavs, and Knicks having interest in Barton as well.

Not sure where it came from but was reported by Mike Singer of the Denver Post.

I do #22 and Morris for 7 or 8 in a heartbeat

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:20 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Not sure where it came from but was reported by Mike Singer of the Denver Post.

I do #22 and Morris for 7 or 8 in a heartbeat

I love keeping Morris but he deserves more playing time and he'll actually fit even better on many other teams. I can see him as a starter on so many teams. If we can get into the top-10 by trading him, I'd go for it and yes, I'd include our 1st this year or a future 1st (not both).
skywalker33

Post#76 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:29 pm

Just noted Wing Desmond Bane, at 6'6" has a 7'5" wingspan :o If he isn't a good defender I'd be greatly surprised. He definitely makes my top 3 list of prospects at #22

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,280

Post#77 » by babyjax13 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:58 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Just noted Wing Desmond Bane, at 6'6" has a 7'5" wingspan :o If he isn't a good defender I'd be greatly surprised. He definitely makes my top 3 list of prospects at #22

He has a 6'-5" wingspan, probably a problem w/data entry.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
skywalker33

Post#78 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:44 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Just noted Wing Desmond Bane, at 6'6" has a 7'5" wingspan :o If he isn't a good defender I'd be greatly surprised. He definitely makes my top 3 list of prospects at #22

That’s really bad wingspan for a guy 6’6” and he looks like he has long arms to me. Questionable, where are you getting your info?

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,280

Post#79 » by babyjax13 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:56 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

That’s really bad wingspan for a guy 6’6” and he looks like he has long arms to me. Questionable, where are you getting your info?

A million places:
https://www.google.com/search?q=desmond+bane+wingspan&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS806US806&oq=desmond+bane+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0i457j69i57j0l5.2203j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
skywalker33

Post#80 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:45 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

A million places:
https://www.google.com/search?q=desmond+bane+wingspan&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS806US806&oq=desmond+bane+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0i457j69i57j0l5.2203j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Babyjax, as usual, trying to incite a storm.....but thanks for the heads up, seems a local writer typo's his info, he's usually pretty reliable. Welcome back, Trouble !! :lol:

Return to Denver Nuggets