PC Board OT Thread Take 4 [No Politics]

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Jordan Syndrome
Sixth Man
And1: 1,425

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 [No Politics] 

Post#761 » by Jordan Syndrome » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:24 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:I think this thread should be pre-emptively locked on Tuesday

Most of us will be happy fascism will be put on hold for another 4 years in the United States.
Jaivl
Head Coach
And1: 6,482

Post#762 » by Jaivl » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:37 pm

Jordan Syndrome wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:I think this thread should be pre-emptively locked on Tuesday

Most of us will be happy fascism will be put on hold for another 4 years in the United States.

Is there a third candidate I don't know about? Hmmm... I kid, I kid...!

What about the new european football league in the mold of USA's major sports? Yeah, what about that?
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#763 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Nov 1, 2020 4:56 pm

Covid probably exploded after halloweekend
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#764 » by MisterHibachi » Thu Nov 5, 2020 8:45 pm

Anyone watch Queen's Gambit on Netflix? I don't know much about the world of professional chess but I really enjoyed it and thought the series was great.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,669

Post#765 » by penbeast0 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 1:41 pm

Yeah, I watched it. The lead actress was outstanding . . . and I still don't know much about chess, lol.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,263

Post#766 » by trex_8063 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 2:49 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:Covid probably exploded after halloweekend

Cases have been rising where I live recently, though not sure how much it has to do with Halloween. I think it's more to do with "covid fatigue", where people are just tired of isolating themselves from friends/family, tired of abstaining from "going out" [especially younger crowds, if I'm pointing a finger], etc. Some of those things are breaking down slightly.

The other big factor [I think] is that people are NOT always staying home when they become symptomatic. They're still going to work, or to the grocery store, etc. If the signs are mild, they figure "oh, it's just a little cold"......except when it's not, and then they end up being the focal point of that epidemiological web of spread.

Anyway, that reminds me I need to make an appointment for a flu vaccine for me and my son. I've actually never had a flu shot, and my son has only once. But personally we're pulling out all the stops to prevent any respiratory dz this year.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
Jordan Syndrome
Sixth Man

Post#767 » by Jordan Syndrome » Fri Nov 6, 2020 3:20 pm

trex_8063 wrote:Anyway, that reminds me I need to make an appointment for a flu vaccine for me and my son. I've actually never had a flu shot, and my son has only once. But personally we're pulling out all the stops to prevent any respiratory dz this year.

Good for you. Prepare yourself for a couple days of what feels like death. Generally speaking, Adults who don't regularly get the flu vaccine have a rough couple of days following it.

RE Covid: Just wear a mask but that's too much to ask for some people...and I won't go further on this issue because it gets political quickly.
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#768 » by trex_8063 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 4:04 pm

Jordan Syndrome wrote:
trex_8063 wrote:Anyway, that reminds me I need to make an appointment for a flu vaccine for me and my son. I've actually never had a flu shot, and my son has only once. But personally we're pulling out all the stops to prevent any respiratory dz this year.

Good for you. Prepare yourself for a couple days of what feels like death. Generally speaking, Adults who don't regularly get the flu vaccine have a rough couple of days following it.

RE Covid: Just wear a mask but that's too much to ask for some people...and I won't go further on this issue because it gets political quickly.

Good point, I'll shut up too. I'm in Canada, where the disease hasn't been "politicized", so it didn't at first occur to me.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#769 » by Goudelock » Sat Nov 7, 2020 6:27 pm

And now we can go back to ignoring Nevada except for when we watch Raider home games and Summer League.

And to completely change the subject, does anyone think that D'Angelo Russell has a shot at averaging 28 or more PPG this season? Especially with KAT spacing the floor?
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#770 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Nov 8, 2020 10:38 am

trex_8063 wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:Covid probably exploded after halloweekend

Cases have been rising where I live recently, though not sure how much it has to do with Halloween. I think it's more to do with "covid fatigue", where people are just tired of isolating themselves from friends/family, tired of abstaining from "going out" [especially younger crowds, if I'm pointing a finger], etc. Some of those things are breaking down slightly.

The other big factor [I think] is that people are NOT always staying home when they become symptomatic. They're still going to work, or to the grocery store, etc. If the signs are mild, they figure "oh, it's just a little cold"......except when it's not, and then they end up being the focal point of that epidemiological web of spread.

Anyway, that reminds me I need to make an appointment for a flu vaccine for me and my son. I've actually never had a flu shot, and my son has only once. But personally we're pulling out all the stops to prevent any respiratory dz this year.

I can say everyone partied on halloween, and i think they were too many for the cops to do anything

Honestly considering how much people come in and out i dont really know how I havent gotten covid, most of my friends have antibodies alr but none of my roomates do

I got nervous for a bit i had covid yesterday but the results were negative, and then i found out i shared a bong with a roomate that had the flu (that also tested negative) so that was a relief
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#771 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:06 pm

RIP Tommy Heinsohn

I was just going to make a thread or post in the Adelman thread the other day about how he is underappreciated all time as a coach.
Odinn21
Analyst
And1: 2,937

Post#772 » by Odinn21 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:28 am

RIP Heinsohn. Had an awesome career and a life. I'm sure Boston fans will always remember him very fondly.

---

I'm not sure if I am in a combative state of mind or some of the recent engagements are unnecessarily aggressive and combative mode is a general issue on the board right now.
The issue with per75 numbers;
36pts on 27 fga/9 fta in 36 mins, does this mean he'd keep up the efficiency to get 48pts on 36fga/12fta in 48 mins?
The answer; NO. He's human, not a linearly working machine.
Per75 is efficiency rate, not actual production.
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#773 » by trex_8063 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:02 pm

Odinn21 wrote:RIP Heinsohn. Had an awesome career and a life. I'm sure Boston fans will always remember him very fondly.

---

I'm not sure if I am in a combative state of mind or some of the recent engagements are unnecessarily aggressive and combative mode is a general issue on the board right now.

I think it's possible that many of us are more "on edge" than normal, just as result of some of the things going on in the world [and America]. I think Doctor MJ even has something to that effect as his signature/stamp at end of his posts.

Things have been getting unnecessarily chippy in the Top 100 Project recently; one poster has been warned as a result, fwiw.

If you're noting someone being unnecessarily combative, resist the urge to respond in kind and please just report the post.

Odinn21
Analyst

Post#774 » by Odinn21 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:41 pm

trex_8063 wrote:
Odinn21 wrote:RIP Heinsohn. Had an awesome career and a life. I'm sure Boston fans will always remember him very fondly.

---

I think it's possible that many of us are more "on edge" than normal, just as result of some of the things going on in the world [and America]. I think Doctor MJ even has something to that effect as his signature/stamp at end of his posts.

Things have been getting unnecessarily chippy in the Top 100 Project recently; one poster has been warned as a result, fwiw.

If you're noting someone being unnecessarily combative, resist the urge to respond in kind and please just report the post.

It's the way the arguments have been made.

It's one thing to talk like "this is what and how I see, and I'd like to know about what and how you see" and another thing to talk in a manner like "I know I'm right and you're wrong and dumb". The latter is unnecessary and combative.

It's not hard to step away from a conversation or a discussion that one didn't like. I strongly disagreed with O'Neal making the '91-95 All-NBA team over Ewing. I felt I was too heated and just stepped away. Just talked about some minor thoughts and that was it.
When someone disagrees with something so strong, that person feels compelled to go on but it is not necessary.
36pts on 27 fga/9 fta in 36 mins, does this mean he'd keep up the efficiency to get 48pts on 36fga/12fta in 48 mins?
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#775 » by MyUniBroDavis » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:42 am

Friends in taiwan be partying in a giant concert with 1 known case and we be quarentined with 200k known cases

Also randomly shocking story but a friend of mine hooked up with someone that had covid and somehow none of us got it so thats lucky for us lol

HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#776 » by HeartBreakKid » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:37 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:Friends in taiwan be partying in a giant concert with 1 known case and we be quarentined with 200k known cases

Also randomly shocking story but a friend of mine hooked up with someone that had covid and somehow none of us got it so thats lucky for us lol

You mean at Ultra?

Are you in Taiwan?
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#777 » by MyUniBroDavis » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:08 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:Friends in taiwan be partying in a giant concert with 1 known case and we be quarentined with 200k known cases

You mean at Ultra?

Are you in Taiwan?

Friends in taiwan not me rip

trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#778 » by trex_8063 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:49 pm

Random philosophical question: do you believe compassion, empathy-driven behavior, and general "good ethics" would ultimately [eventually] disappear if religion [that is: a belief in a higher power] were to die?

Odinn21
Analyst

Post#779 » by Odinn21 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:04 pm

trex_8063 wrote:Random philosophical question: do you believe compassion, empathy-driven behavior, and general "good ethics" would ultimately [eventually] disappear if religion [that is: a belief in a higher power] were to die?

Absolutely not. Good morals are good morals, they are not result of religion or based on religion or anything like that.
There can not be absolute morality and beyond that, morality of religions is already flawed.

Heck, I'd trust empathy and good ethics of a someone irreligious more than someone religious because religion is more of a default setting and it's dogmatic. Irreligious person would think to decide on his ethics and behaviour, then became irreligious.

BTW, believing in a higher power and being religious are different things. Many people believe in a higher power because it's a psychological support mechanism. They tend to have a high regard for what they want to believe in and that's not necessarily a god of a certain religion. Only few people would follow actual religion.
Jordan Syndrome
Sixth Man

Post#780 » by Jordan Syndrome » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:48 pm

trex_8063 wrote:Random philosophical question: do you believe compassion, empathy-driven behavior, and general "good ethics" would ultimately [eventually] disappear if religion [that is: a belief in a higher power] were to die?

I think those thinks would increase without Religion.

Return to Player Comparisons