ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread *UPDATES*

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Re: Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread *UPDATES* 

Post#281 » by nabbs » Fri Nov 6, 2020 1:19 am

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,528

Post#282 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 2:20 am

DeMar is a walking bucket.

I like hernandez skillset, he has a little Ibaka in him.

I'm just glad OG is around handle life

In Raptor Ball I Trust
nabbs
RealGM

Post#283 » by nabbs » Fri Nov 6, 2020 2:02 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:DeMar is a walking bucket.

I like hernandez skillset, he has a little Ibaka in him.

I'm just glad OG is around handle life

Dewan is way more fluid than Ibaka. This is why I get the Raps taking a flier on him. That much fluidity and mobility in a guy that's 6'10... might as well take the gamble at 59. His shoot looks streaky but effective enough to have the defensive respect him and he can rebound at a solid rate. Feel and understanding the defensive scheme is his easiest path to getting minutes but the feel on both ends is likely to be a WIP imo.

OG, Norm and DeMar were all working out together man. Exciting stuff. Miss the old crew

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
RealGM
And1: 66,425

Post#284 » by 720 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 7:19 pm

Hey guys remember when Norman played amazing for like a month and a half before the lockout? Wasn’t that the best stretch by him ever? I feel like if Fred leaves Norman will get the chance to take another step.
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,504

Post#285 » by RaptorPride » Sat Nov 7, 2020 2:16 am

720 wrote:Hey guys remember when Norman played amazing for like a month and a half before the lockout? Wasn’t that the best stretch by him ever? I feel like if Fred leaves Norman will get the chance to take another step.

And people here were tryna attach picks to trade Norm :lol:
Spoiler:

RaptorPride
General Manager

Post#286 » by RaptorPride » Sat Nov 7, 2020 11:07 pm

Spoiler:

Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,527

Post#287 » by Syd-TK3 » Sat Nov 7, 2020 11:38 pm

I mean not sure if it really matters but Fred liked the picture despite the news so relationships don't seem to have been effected
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,645

Post#288 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Nov 8, 2020 5:38 am

In Masai We Trust :meditate:
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Re: Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread 

Post#289 » by OhCanada1091 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 5:56 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
TRik wrote:
I completely agree. I didn't want to overstate and sound like an idiot, but there's also a small part of me that thinks he could be better than Powell and Davis. He's the underdog I'm cheering for ATM.

Never worry about being an idiot. That's too much stress.

I like this guy too. Not sure how Malcolm sticks with two picks coming in and Stanley and Patrick with larger contracts. I think we are only losing Marc. Somehow Serge will still be here, and if not Malcolm's not a center.

I think Malcolm is on the outside looking in.

Or in the middle.
Steven1562
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,172

Post#290 » by Steven1562 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 6:06 am

720 wrote:Hey guys remember when Norman played amazing for like a month and a half before the lockout? Wasn’t that the best stretch by him ever? I feel like if Fred leaves Norman will get the chance to take another step.

Norm was playing well but he has the worse injury luck. Would love to see a fully healthy Norm season where he blossoms into an all star.
Any time y'all wanna see me again
Rewind this track right here, close your eyes
and picture me rollin

Scottie Barnes Believer.
RealGM
And1: 66,425

Post#291 » by 720 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 6:46 am

Steven1562 wrote:

Norm was playing well but he has the worse injury luck. Would love to see a fully healthy Norm season where he blossoms into an all star.

He looked like a star during that stretch. He honestly had two great stretches this past season both coming of injuries.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,760

Post#292 » by ItsDanger » Mon Nov 9, 2020 4:53 pm

Why is Dewan practicing step back 3's? Get in the post.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#293 » by OhCanada1091 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 8:25 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Why is Dewan practicing step back 3's? Get in the post.

Isn't it crazy? Guy can't get on the floor because of his balance and slow reaction time and he's out there practicing step back three's and euro's.
nabbs
RealGM

Post#294 » by nabbs » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:19 am

RaptorPride
General Manager

Post#295 » by RaptorPride » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:01 am

OhCanada1091 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Why is Dewan practicing step back 3's? Get in the post.

Isn't it crazy? Guy can't get on the floor because of his balance and slow reaction time and he's out there practicing step back three's and euro's.

New age big man that are fluid like forwards.
Spoiler:

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Re: Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread 

Post#296 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:34 am

OhCanada1091 wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
Never worry about being an idiot. That's too much stress.

I like this guy too. Not sure how Malcolm sticks with two picks coming in and Stanley and Patrick with larger contracts. I think we are only losing Marc. Somehow Serge will still be here, and if not Malcolm's not a center.

I think Malcolm is on the outside looking in.

Or in the middle.

Well played.

1.5 points.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
nabbs
RealGM

Post#297 » by nabbs » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:13 am

fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,889

Post#298 » by fbalmeida » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:37 am

So we've got possible trades as early as Saturday?

Getting exciting and giddy. Could use an ITBobby Masai sighting right about now.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,889

Post#299 » by fbalmeida » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Nurse made a few curious comments the other day on ESPN.

"We've got our point-guards and bigs figured out."
"We're looking to bolster the wing."

It checks out regarding the PGs. Lowry and Fred, and/or Davis despite his legal predicament.
With the Bigs, it seems to indicate a status quo scenario with Ibaka and Gasol both re-sign on mammoth one-year deals.

About bolstering the wing?

Perhaps packaging Powell for Jrue, Dipo, Bogdanovic, or LeVert?
Perhaps signing a FA like Joe Harris, Gallo, Bertrans, Bradley, Crowder, Bazemore, Connaughton?
Perhaps DeReturn of DeMar DeRozan?

We'll have to wait and see.

At any rate, If I were in that front-office I'd be stressing my concern that if we preserve a max slot for Giannis in 2021 with a team of Siakam, VanVleet, 10 M cap hold for Anunoby, plus the cap-holds of, say, Dewan, Thomas, Brissett, and Watson (and perhaps Davis if he overcomes his current predicament), with Lowry getting a MLE, we'll have about 8-10 M in cap space to allocate to either a starting SG or a solid traditionally sized 2-way big who can shoot and space the floor. Ibaka can provide 20 minutes of that per game but he'll be 32 at the start of 2021-22 and I'm assuming he'll be seeking a larger paycheck elsewhere.

We of course know that Masai is really big on Theo Maledon and that it's quite possible that they intend to move Powell, who is by far our most valuable tradable asset until the 2020-21 trade deadline, to slide up in the draft and land that potential steal, closing out our backcourt's post-Lowry future with Fred, Theo, Thomas, Watson (and Davis?).

But if we're serious about suiting up Fred, OG, Siakam, and Giannis, I think it's just as important to have a two-way big that can either come off the bench or actually start along side those four, than it would be to upgrade at SG. Right now I can see some depth and progression getting us a serviceable SG out of Watson (or Davis). But whoever that solid established big in 2021 is going to be, I don't see him on the roster right now, and it would be prudent to add him no later than the 2020-21 trade deadline.

Oddly, Maxi Kleber seems to be really the only traditionally sized rotation big with a contract over the needed length and under the needed money value, that can shoot the 3pt while also being a positive defensive impact player.

I'd ask Masai and Bobby to consider packaging Powell, Boucher, and perhaps even an exchange of picks to and fro for Kleber. Moving Powell would free up the log jam at SG immediately and we'd get to see what's under Watson's hood, with Thomas also getting more time on the floor.

The alternative, moving Powell for Theo Maledon, assumes more or less that Dewan Hernandez can be that first big off the bench. He's looked passable in garbage time, but unlike Watson's eye-catching shooting, his G-league numbers over 9 games there look unimpressive.

Between moving Powell to stock up on a SG (Theo) or a C, I think we should err on the side of our observable talent (move Powell for a C). Unless of course Maledon is as good as they say he his.

Fun times ahead.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,626

Post#300 » by arbsn » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:28 pm

nabbs wrote:

the goat!!!

Return to Toronto Raptors