No, Linsainty is washed up
35%

Total votes: 31

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: Warriors Interested in Jeremy Lin 

Post#21 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:14 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:At this point Lin coming on board is just about having a steady high IQ backup, Lin is an extra vet to have a voice on the team, provide vet experience and an extra voice to get the young guys going.

In the later years of Iggy, Shaun, and Bogut it was just high IQ ball with chemistry and continuity. The biggest challenge we face as of right now is getting guys to play with some cohesion and high IQ on both ends, when you are young in the NBA you likely haven’t experienced that on a successful level. Our biggest challenge is getting guys to play Warriors basketball.

Not saying I want Lin, although I think he should have been kept years ago when we had him.

And Bazemore, Holiday, Nunn, Boucher, Anthony Tolliver, Belinelli, and It still kind of bugs me the Warriors couldn't figure out how to use Brandan Wright.

The Warriors also gave up on some decent deep bench guys who stayed in the league for years and year but always just good enough to not be secure in their spot. Players like Anthony Morrow, CJ Watson, and otheres.

And that's just from the Curry era really.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#22 » by ShayDee » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:32 pm

Frozzy wrote:How uninspiring. Guess Warriors will never really get their backup PG who can take some of the load off Steph.

I mean will you trust Myers to fix this tax ridden team? Bob was not able to add depth for 3 years, how will anyone trust him to fix this team now? Unless we trade Wiggins + all our assets for depth, which will be an awful idea but I wouldn't put it past Bob
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#23 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:20 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:At this point Lin coming on board is just about having a steady high IQ backup, Lin is an extra vet to have a voice on the team, provide vet experience and an extra voice to get the young guys going.

In the later years of Iggy, Shaun, and Bogut it was just high IQ ball with chemistry and continuity. The biggest challenge we face as of right now is getting guys to play with some cohesion and high IQ on both ends, when you are young in the NBA you likely haven’t experienced that on a successful level. Our biggest challenge is getting guys to play Warriors basketball.

Not saying I want Lin, although I think he should have been kept years ago when we had him.

And Bazemore, Holiday, Nunn, Boucher, Anthony Tolliver, Belinelli, and It still kind of bugs me the Warriors couldn't figure out how to use Brandan Wright.

The Warriors also gave up on some decent deep bench guys who stayed in the league for years and year but always just good enough to not be secure in their spot. Players like Anthony Morrow, CJ Watson, and otheres.

Damn we could reallly use nunn off the bench right about now..
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#24 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:04 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

Add Danuel House Jr. and Georges Niang to the list of NBA quality reserves we had in training camp or the G-League that we didn't make anything of. But Wright did his job! He got traded for the pick that became Draymond :D
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#25 » by Little Digger » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:10 pm

Where’s Jianlian when you need him ?
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#26 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:19 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Add Danuel House Jr. and Georges Niang to the list of NBA quality reserves we had in training camp or the G-League that we didn't make anything of. But Wright did his job! He got traded for the pick that became Draymond :D

Okay, that's a good deal, but they could have got him back cheap and never did. He would have been great as a 15mpg guy, it's just that every time he got more time he got hurt, but he was freakishly efficient.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#27 » by DAWill1128 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:50 pm

Well in recent years not keeping Nunn, House, and Boucher is a bummer. Nunn would be a good backup spark plug guard we need, House is an athletic 3&D wing, and Boucher is a long defensive 4 capable of playing stretch 5. I would say those three guys cover a lot of holes and could’ve been kept on minimum deals. Imagine having those 3 guys will still having our assets this year, that would be a really deep team with diverse specialty role players.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#28 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:14 pm

Depends on his physical condition. If he has recovered from his injury he could be valuable to the team. Just don’t know where he’s at now because haven’t watched him play lately.

His main strength was his first step which allowed him to get to the line. If he still has that then definitely want him on the team. His next strengths was playmaking and defense. Those aren’t as dependent on elite athleticism than bbiq. In that case he would be serviceable.
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 925

Post#29 » by dk1115 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:21 am

If you look at Jeremy Lin's last season (not in Toronto) he actually had good solid stats, and he was only a -0.5ish, which is top bench player type BPM.
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#30 » by Jay 20 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:10 pm

Hasn't some of his issue been that he can't stay healthy?
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#31 » by Chupchup » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:44 pm

Don't know if he fits. Especially after all his injuries. We need shooters. Lin not a shooter. We're not really a pick and roll team. That's like his bread and butter. I dunno perhaps bring him in for training camp and see. He may look "ok" against backups during the regular season.

I like him better than Bowman.
iconoclastism
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#32 » by iconoclastism » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:37 am

I am a Lin fan. Ever since his first stint with GSW. I don't he is a good fit. His style of play at his age is not sustainable with top NBA teams plus he is not good at playing off the ball. He thrives on PNR, slashing and scoring.

The main reason I do not want him on my favorite team is because his whiny crazed fans. All GSW forums will be destroyed by them. What happened to Warriors' World is nothing compared to what these lunatics can do.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#33 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lin and Steph hanging out this summer

It’s gonna happen
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#34 » by HiRez » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:03 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lin and Steph hanging out this summer

It’s gonna happen

Apparently they’ve been working out together at USF, along with a few other Warriors.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#35 » by Flash Falcon X » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:14 pm

Jeremy Lin’s been in the Bay working out with Steph, Paschall and Chriss lately.

Would you guys rather have Lin or Isaiah Thomas?

IT got surgery and completely recovered which he claims finally gives him movement for the first time in several years; he also expressed interest in coming off the bench for Golden State.
#DubNation
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#36 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:40 pm

Lin is our backup point :)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#37 » by Mylie10 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:11 pm

I think based on all the stuff he’s been doing with Steph lately that if no other teams come knocking for Lin that he will at least be a nom guaranteed camp invite.

At that point it would be up to him to beat out Bowman and Mulder. Not really Poole, because they’ve invested in Poole.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#38 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:59 pm

I prefer vets who know what they are doing to inexperienced players if they are planning to make a playoff run.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#39 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:42 pm

SpreeChokeJob wrote:I prefer vets who know what they are doing to inexperienced players if they are planning to make a playoff run.

Yup, good role players are guys who know their job and are team first 100% players
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#40 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sign Jeremy Lin on a vet minimum

Return to Golden State Warriors